[Ricky] The Sincere Oddities of A Writer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Ricky's Scrapbook] Random Oddities and Madness

Postby Ricky Maze on November 10th, 2012, 2:32 am

Haha, thanks Oluse. I take pleasure in knowing that I'm set for mid January. I must admit that while I have around 14 threads active I am not overwhelmed. Its getting to the point where I have more than enough room to breathe and do more posts, and now that I've set up a matchmaker for Nano hopefully some interested parties will respond. I have quite the busy plot period around the 60th as most of everybody is already figuring out what the plot is. I have a sick twist that I've only told few though...hm hm. It'll be discovered soon I promise.

As for real life things are great if simple, though I do feel puny and out of place. It's to be expected in my case though. No job or car will do that too you. Oh! There's a reminder. Mom no longer has an impounded car and my...relatives are jail free. Yay for one, another: meh. The last one....honestly he'd be better off there. That's mean so scratch that. That news ends there so pretty much Nano is looking even better.

I'm tempted to just write pieces from my novel in here, its a WIP deal for now as I've yet to revise it. Reveiw yes, but revising it to the part i left off is needed. It's an interesting novel really.

Its about a realm named Zania, where a group of people with great powers rose to become Gods and Goddesses. They cultivated the land and made its inhabitants, and created an elemental balance to keep the flow of life. Only half of the group turned on the others, and a great war ravaged the land. The Divine Creator, leader of the "good" ones, finally rendered the Fallen, the "bad", asunder and sent them below the earth. Creating a seal to forever lock them away.

Thats all ancient history in my novel, the basic principle is that humans are the on verge of war and the Divines and Fallen plan to use this war as a game of chess. The details I'll save for a later date.

This was a fun post, almost got carried away. Thanks for reading though, I hope it was fun mostly.

~Zach~
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on November 10th, 2012, 11:19 pm

Note to self that laziness is tragedy, ignorance is not bliss, and both don't go well when you don't keep tabs on your year old purchases and funds....backtrack possible? Most likely......difficulty: legendary. Future notes to keep: DON'T PLAY LAZY PROCRASTINATOR! Keep tabs up to snuff, it'll help avoid long dreary math issues.

A note to everyone I'm doing threads with, please pm me if something is not write or confusing. It seems I've entered a damn loop in my brain that spaces the last paragraph. Fixing that problem I assure you, and thank you all for being patient. If I haven't addressed the problem in a few days please remind me. My phone likes to play prankster and make me think the post is edited sometimes, payback for living on life support I guess.

Another note: I want your CS Ideas! I plan on remodeling and adding more to my CS in the distant future. That involves charts and all, which I will need a slight tutorial on how that works considering my bbc coding was going wrong. Yes that's right: All Your ideas! I want to make the best CS as detailed as I can be.

That's all for now, thank you.:)

~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on November 10th, 2012, 11:52 pm

Picking back up on the topic of idea's for my CS I already have listed the following down:
-Adding Ethics, Likes, Dislikes
-Adding Wants, Fears, Aspirations and Religion
-Adding personal symbols and symbolic pics.
-Catagorizing sections like height, weight, etc.
-Dating threads
-Add family and close friends. (Your Pc's can be on here if they can have a good impact on Ricky)
-Charts! For clothing, possessions, skill's, etc.
-job(s) and seasonal wages.
-and a timeline!

That is all I have down thus far, any more suggestions please feel free to post them here!
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on November 16th, 2012, 7:52 pm

So as everybody may know by now, my CS has been totally remodelled. Now it looks MUCH better than before, but like I alway's say; there is room for improvement. A little note for people who thread with my pc, depending on the impact of your character's they can become friend's or rival's. How you approach that is up to you, but once you meet Ricky you will find your character's name may be down in the relationship's tab. Note that if you have become a good friend or we meet and your name is not listed; it is.;) I just haven't added it to the CS yet, but it is in my "handy dandy" Mizahar notebook.

That wrapped up yesterday though; today I had yo ride with my neighbor to help him in court, though I really didn't have to do much. My testimony wouldn't do well to cover his case, but still it was somewhat interesting to watch. I won't say what his court was for because it isn't my business to share, but I assure you it was for good reason's. :) As for thosr who were awaiting replies, I'm getting to them now. After having a couple of busy day's my schedule is now openly settling down. Thank cheese for that.

Oh and while I keep aiming for Nano and draw closer, know that No Shave November was failed (had to.) as I had to shave last night. Oh well! Made it 15 days so that's a good amount. Next year I will have pictures, as my camera was not working and I have yet to figure out how to upload mobile phone pics somewhere I can add to Miza. All in good time.

Well, time to get to posting. Happy NaNo Day 16!
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on November 19th, 2012, 5:28 am

So as many have seen by now I was 17 words away from 50k. 17. words. away. Think of the scenario that played in my head for a minute: its coming down to the last few minutes of nano....and I only nees two sentences or I fail. The dynamics would kill me! lol Especially with this phone. Alas I have broke 50k now and it has been an incredible feat to attempt for this touchscreen, but the life support has yet to end. Nano is only halfway through completion and I intend to set a new highscore as far as words with phone goes. I happen to pull a cheesy funny with the 17 words though. In the thread Sybel and I are doing together called "Down Here Its Wetter", I assure complete naughty free title, I just had to post the first two sentences as a paragraph. Being exactly 17 words, and you can count them if you want proof, nonetheless. Part of me died in pure happiness as I continued with the post, giving it two decent sized paragraphs to follow with the two sentences. Didn't want to disappoint Sybbie now did I? Even if the temptation was great. ;) Just kidding.

Anyway I think I may be able to keep my Cs up to date now by phone, now that it is much much better in its organized form my mobile broswer hasn't really crashed when I attempt to edit it. Things are looking up for my phone now! It's great really!

With that noted I just had to finish off again with another thanks! To all who have been great threader's with me and those who I may have kept waiting patiently, but especially to all that have been so encouraging, your belief has been most inspiring in my ambitious drive for 50k.

Now let's get back to the world of posts, thanks (again!) for reading and being such sports!!

~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on November 19th, 2012, 7:47 am

Congrads on reaching your goal, and doing it by phone is WAY awesome. More so than words could explain.
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Oluse on November 19th, 2012, 7:52 am

Gratz Ricky!

Echelon
Oluse
Player

Words: 295106
Joined roleplay: December 30th, 2011, 1:45 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 19th, 2012, 7:57 am

YEA! We were all pulling for you! And I know if I was there irl I'd give you a big old hug of reassurance.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on November 19th, 2012, 8:51 am

Shambles and cragstones you guys, you all are making me so overjoyed I could cry! Really! It's fantastic to know that all of you are at my back, virtually speaking of course, and definitely reassuring to know that I can accomplish such tasks. I just finished speaking with Eche in chat,;) which was great timing, and I happen to be thinking about reaching new heights even with this phone. You will know shortly what these challenges are, as Eche has convinced me to give it a go. Bear with me in all the trivial excitement while I jump for joy and put on my thinkin cap, after all this evil phone has been plotting evil deeds on me as everyone probably saw in chat (something about it falling in chicken poo and dying, i don't remember) so no doubt it will scheme while it still lives on life support.

In other news regarding to you awesome people: I dunno how just yet, but I'm gonna bake a cake. For real too. I'm gonna find a way to bake this cake, thaf being the easy part, and will get a picture posted. Maybe if I fiddle with Google Chrome some I can find a way to upload pics from my phone, then link thm from there. I dunno yet, but like I said: I am baking this cake. The reason why this cake will be baked is for a message for all of Miza of course, as I currently am close to having no RL you guys have all my free time (and now my heart, officially ;)) which has been a major blessing and learning experience! Again with no other way to say or express this fully, besidez with RL cake, I thank all of you!

Reaching for new heights via phone,
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Accolade on November 19th, 2012, 7:18 pm

Wait hold on! I love cake! I adore cake! A simple picture just won't do. .I WANT REAL CAKE! Do you understand me?? I am willing to get married right now just for CAKE!
Accolade
The Journey begins here...

Words: 307037
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2012, 12:45 am
Office
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext