Verilian's Soapbox

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Amelia Cross on June 6th, 2013, 7:19 pm

First, I must say that this idea is wonderful! I might be getting too excited over this, but I think it would be a good way to have the individual PCs interact with the city more! Not to mention, it helps build up the "realism" if one could call it that. After all, if you are constantly rebelling against "The Black Sun" it is unlikely for you to be living a good life amongst the city.

Oh, OH! And the possibilities it opens for threads :) Now if you see someone liked by a certain fraction, it gives your PC a completely different perspective on the events and how they react to the PC.

But a few questions couldn't help but find me.

1st.
If you, for example gain 2 positive points in the eyes of the Rising Dawn, doesn't that mean you'd get some minus points from The Black Sun? If that is true, would it apply to some other fractions?

2nd.
How exactly would one gain or lose points for a certain fraction? Does it have to involve members of the fraction? For example. If someone would want to gain some points from the Lark family. Should they have an NPC involved? Or does the "word spread" and they just hear that someone has done a good deed?

3rd.
Does gaining points get harder as you progress? For example, something that would get you 2 points from the standing 'neutral' gets you only 1 point once they like you?

4th.[this one is silly]
Will there be some small 'guidelines' given, to what is or what isn't exactly liked and disliked by the fractions? Or will the citizens of Ravok have to guess and pray for the best?

Well, this was a bit longer than expected.
~Thank you
Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Elaine Spade on June 6th, 2013, 7:21 pm

I would only have one question.

Can a ghost please a faction? Or they don't care about him/her or they call a spiritist to deal with ghost?
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Verilian on June 6th, 2013, 7:47 pm

Amelia:

1. Possibly, but only if the Black Sun knew about whatever it was you did. More likely, though, the Rising Dawn would rather you do stuff in secret. The most effective agent of the Rising Dawn would be one who is well liked by all factions within the city.

2. It really all depends on the thread. You could gain/lose points with an NPC, or you could do an action that (possibly inadvertently) benefits or hurts the faction and they hear about it. There are an unlimited number of ways it could happen, so that's a hard question to answer. Even doing something as being polite while shopping might earn you a point with the Nitrozian family, or whatever family owned the shop.

3. Hmm... probably. And I may increase the max amount of points if it seems to be going too slowly. But I wanted to make things realistic, and usually things like that take time.

4. Actually, that was a very good question. I hadn't thought of that, but yeah, I may put up some OOC guidelines for you guys some time soon.

Elaine:

Yes, a ghost can please a faction, or even be hated by a faction. Granted, many of the faction benefits don't help a ghost all that much.. but being hated by a faction would be a bad thing, even for a ghost.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Elaine Spade on June 6th, 2013, 7:54 pm

Hmm true... Thanks V! It's awesome, good job about it! ^^
Elaine Spade
Player

Words: 166350
Joined roleplay: October 30th, 2012, 5:29 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Inoadar on June 7th, 2013, 12:45 am

Will I still be able to use the contacts I have established? I totally understand not going back through a thousand old stories to hand out points. I just want to be sure that the ones that have some connection to some of the factions you have named are still at my disposal.

I would list them, but then I'd have to kill you. ;)
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Doros on June 7th, 2013, 2:38 am

I am planning to start in Ravok, and with a non-human character this is all very good to know. I think it's a much more realistic way to handle intelligence and politics, especially in a domain that has so much content on it, definitely a great step in the right direction. I also like the idea of being able to conceal your status with a faction from others, but I guess that there is always a chance some may find out about your actions, especially the more intelligence-oriented factions that may have spies everywhere. Maybe the intelligence skills could have a more practical use now in trying to feed those agents false information and whatnot. Anyways, this has great potential, I'm very excited about it!
Doros
Player

Words: 7702
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2013, 2:30 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Verilian on June 7th, 2013, 2:03 pm

Inoadar - Yes, you still have your established contacts. To date, you really haven't gotten that much benefit from any of them, so you're still in the neutral range. So things shouldn't change for you.
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Verilian on June 10th, 2013, 10:17 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91yI42krabA
It also just occurred to me that I could just turn the camera sideways and solve all my problems........

Anyway, introducing a new small feature to Ravok! Yay!

City Events
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Irriari on June 11th, 2013, 2:49 am

Oh gosh, this is so exciting. :D

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

Verilian's Soapbox

Postby Verilian on October 31st, 2013, 2:48 pm

Well, if you can withstand the rattling.. here is a video. I'm too lazy to make another. But basically... I'm retiring my storyteller account. Life has become to busy for me. Busy in good ways, for the most part, but too busy to be a storyteller anymore. Anyway... so.. I'm not leaving Miz, but I am stepping down. I'll post something in my scrap later, if I find the time, but anyway, it's been fun everybody, and I'm sorry to anyone this may affect in regards to threads and stuff, but I gotta do what I gotta do. Bye bye (sort of).

~The Person Formerly Known as Verilian
-----
Verilian
Retired Staff

Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook

PreviousNext