Open [Temple of All Gods]Swearing Fealty

Ball is swearing fealty to the Knights

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Temple of All Gods]Swearing Fealty

Postby Fallon on September 22nd, 2013, 8:45 am

Vows were made, words were spoken and the question hung in the air. For a chime there was silence, until finally the pycon answered with a stubby point and a single word. Fallon gave a slight frown, her brow creasing before she simply shrugged. The figure of Sylir himself, the great oak. Though, she recognised it more as a symbol of the order before the actual god. There was a dull thud to the floor that once more returned her attention to Ball. Eyes looked down upon the clay being as he scuttled off from the pews. There was a slight tilt of the head, followed by the pursing of lips. She would be better off letting the creature do as he wished. Even as he rolled past the spirit and onwards to the main altar, the squire did not move. He was not really any of her business anyway, and so she reserved herself to focus on her own.

Clear the mind, find focus, say thanks and leave. Show your respect to those who could smite you in less than a tick. Fallon gave a nervous swallow, inhaling deeply. Her back straightened, her eyes turning to the front of the temple. There the sigils of gods danced within the stone, marking the wall and serving as a reminder of their existence. She exhaled, fingers lacing themselves together whilst her eyes turned into a squint. Praying was not her forte to say the least, most gods would recognise that in her. Too obsessed with going out and doing than sitting back and praying.

Fallon cleared her throat and spoke in a mumble of words, “To Eyris, I ask that you continue to guide me through my learning and allow me to increase my wisdom as well as others through teaching. To Tyveth, I ask that you help me see truth in the world, allowing myself and others to be honest. To Yahal, I ask to be able to keep my faith strong even in the direst of times to succeed in my chosen task. And to Sylir, to allow me to find and protect the peace of those who wish for it.”

Exhaling, the squire gave a final look to the Pycon and the ghost before standing. She had done what she had wished to do, she had succeeded in gaining a moment of solace from the world and now there was little else to be done. Her lip curled as she looked to the Pycon and then to the ghost. There was an incline of the head, before she turned her attention to the door. They would be fine without her supervising; this was a holy place after all, what could possibly go wrong?

FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Noaru on September 22nd, 2013, 9:15 pm

“ Ah. Ball, the pycon.”

Noaru had only seen a pycon once but he could always remember the adventurous spirit emitting from the first one he met. He figures that maybe all pycon had adventurous souls. The spirit looks at the little figure of clay and grins slightly, he didn't want to frighten the curious Ball. Noaru wondered about the things he's missing out on—all the beings, places and cities he could be visiting in this current point in time. The spirit didn't want to let this era slip away from him like the last one did ages ago.

“ Fallon seems to be leaving but I have a feeling we'll meet again.”

Noaru looked back at Ball. A small figure of clay standing just a few inches tall was staring inquisitively at him. He guessed that the little pycon probably saw him as something out of the ordinary even for an ethereal being called a ghost. The spirit found himself wondering about many things; contemplating more on things than he usually would. Noaru knew that is was due to the influence and atmosphere of this place.

“ ”

Noaru
The grave is silent...

Words: 261739
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2012, 6:17 pm
Race: Ghost
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ball on September 23rd, 2013, 2:09 pm

Hearing the ghost acknowledge him the pycon did the most knightly thing he could think of, he nodded. The clay being wasn't entirely sure how to react to the ethereal being after all, a nod was a symbol of acknowledgment.

Standing before an altar made of beautified materials of natural affinity Ball had no concept of what it was, what is was made of, nor what it symbolized. Yet he watched the ghost approach it with a revelry to match those of the knights and squires approaching the tree's great courtyard. Looking up it he wasn't sure exactly how to go beyond his position, standing three inches tall the pycon was a little too small to see the top of the altar.

Hearing Fallon speak her prayers and then acknowledge the pycon squire in her leaving Ball turned back and with a wave of his arm accompanied with a smile he hoped she could see. Ladder Pycon is nice. Turning back to the altar the clay being could be seen huffing in a large breathe before approaching the front of it and grabbing a hold of the fabric, testing it's holding capacity with a couple of hearty tugs.

Exhaling and then quickly inhaling again Ball started to reach his one arm up and grab a hold of the fabric. Pulling hard on it he could feel his feet leaving solid ground. Releasing his first arm and reaching upward again the pycon once more gripped the fabric and pulled himself ever higher. It was a slow process and one, unfortunately, that was going to result in an unfavorable manner.

With his third pull up Ball had pulled too hard while lifting his body ever upward and the fabric slide, the upheaval on the top of the altar had shifted the weight and the fabric no longer remained in it's original balanced location. Slithering rather quickly towards Ball, the small Pycon felt a sense of no gravity for just a split second before rational thinking superseded the feeling and he dropped with the rest of the materials.

The clattering of religious paraphernalia echoed loudly, surely it was enough to alert guards or the clergy men. Ball had paused underneath the fabric, holding his breathe as his nexus pulsed heavily, he swore the others could hear it bashing itself against his insides. Ball had taken the quick notion of shifting limbs and body to form the first thing that came to his mind.

Shifting right leg and arm upward he first merged them together and shifted and split the formed clay into separate entities.

If one was to remove the fabric they would see a small replicated clay form of the Windoak. Ball's mind was roaring with prayer, Sylir protect me. I fear I have fallen and damaged relics of Your Likeness. Take my humble form as a honoring You and in some small fashion allow You to overlook the damages I may have rout.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Perplexity on October 26th, 2013, 3:22 pm

Riddled with Rewards!

Ball
Climbing +2 XP
Philosophy +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores :
  • Moral Conviction: Do Better, Be Stronger
  • Philosophy: Sylir’s Strength

Fallon
Philosophy +2 XP
Interrogation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores :
  • Philosophy: Prayers to the Pantheon
  • Interrogation: Casual Query

Noaru
Materialization +1 XP

Lores :
  • In Search of More…
  • Moral Conviction: Solemn Vow

Notes :
Always nice to see a more philosophical and religious thread. PM me with comments, questions or concerns.

Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous