A Night on the Town (Evalin)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Valkyrie on January 26th, 2013, 3:31 pm

Winter 40, 512

Evalin could feel the nudge of something at the back of her consciousness. A strange niggling to walk, of all the silly urges. She ignored it of course. She did what she wanted when she wanted, she wasn’t going to listen to some silly nudge to get up and walk about the city. Besides it was night, and she was in mood to run into the lowlifes of Sunberth. She was quite content to remain in her lodging, alone and unbothered.

But the nudge continued. It ate at the back of her awareness slowly, like a parasite suckling gently from its host to prolong its survival. She felt as though the urge was rising up from her own host body itself, as though the physical shell she inhabited wished for her to take a meander through the city. It irritated her, no it angered her to feel as though her body had an urge she could not control. She was the ruler of this body and it bothered her that it might have some power over her. At the least, it was unusual. The bodies she had inhabited had never had urges before.

That was what finally convinced her. After she had taken a bell or so to consider the strangeness of the nudge she was experiencing Evalin determined that following the nudge to its natural conclusion to be the best method of investigation. For some reason her physical form wished to wander and she wanted to discover that reason. Preparing for the unexpected, Evalin shoved a few basic necessities into the pockets of her robes and scanned the room one last time to ensure she had not forgotten anything that could prove useful. Not that she exactly knew what she was preparing for anyways.

Evalin closed the door of her lodging behind her and soon found herself standing in the streets of Sunberth. She looked up into the sky and saw that Syna had almost disappeared completely from the horizon, Leth was still small and rising up to claim the sky. Evalin moved forward, unsure of where to go. She didn’t need to worry long however as it appeared that the fleshy legs beneath her knew the way. Her physical form moved forward, apparently it knew exactly where it ought to go. Evalin wished it would share the secret with her instead of being such a selfish host body.

She moved slowly through the streets of Sunberth, turning here and there as she drew closer to the source of the nudge that she was investigating. Evalin was an intelligent woman, and she considered the situation from every angle. Typically, the bodies she inhabited didn’t thrust its own wishes upon her. Mostly because those bodies didn’t have wishes as they were dead. Dead, dead, dead. So if she was not the one who actually wished to wander the streets and her host body wasn’t capable of such requests, that left only external forces to be the culprit. But that only raised more questions than it answered. Evalin suspected she would find the answer of who the external forces were wherever she was being led to.

As Evalin walked she realized she had come into the heart of the Sunset Quarters. Almost the exact middle really. She could see a tree with a well beneath that her body seemed angled toward. As she drew closer to the well and tree she realized there was a bench beside the well, and a young boy sitting on it. Her feet came to a halt several lengths from the boy.

The young boy wore a wool grey suit that was well kept and unwrinkled and his hair was neatly combed. The boy looked at her with deep black eyes and a pursed, sulky mouth. His black eyes welled up with tears, redness rimming his eyelids. A single dark red tear escaped and rolled down his young cheek, deepest wine on cream. The boy opened his mouth and spoke in a familiar accusatory whine.

“It’s been a while since we’ve spoken Evalin, though you certainly took your time getting here.”
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Evalin on January 29th, 2013, 6:28 am

That power that wrenched her mind and moved her body was, in a word, a great annoyance. Yet even so Evalin would take up her staff and cloak, letting the night consume her as she ventured forth following whatever urge would befall her.

Curious how mine body acts as I will it and not at all... Evalin thought to her self, For truth I cannot be certain if I act upon my own whim or that of another.

Tsenrika, in his unsealed form, floated over her shoulder as they walked through the empty city, A cloud floats where it will, guided by the winds it sits upon and yet it cares not where it is taken.

Evalin's brows furrowed, Yes my dear Tsenrika, yet the clouds float idly with no path or purpose. I have both, and now I would question if this were a part of the path I would have chosen if given the freedom to do so...

The darkness of the world soon resolved itself into the form of the Sunset corner, and within this maze of twists and turns Evalin would quickly find herself before the tree, the well, and the strange child that sat upon the bench. Halting, of her own accord as she continued to tell herself, Evalin's eyes would narrow, 2 points of red just visible beneath her hood as she leaned upon her staff. Her mind rolled backwards in time, seeking something... some memory long past, some distant thought as if...

A... child upon the bench, who cries tears of blood... The familiar for the first time Evalin had known him seemed to show... hesitance in his observations, as if he could not quite believe what he was seeing at all. Inside Evalin felt a familiar unease, like a rising panic that stuck in her throat, yet it did not descend into terror... it simply stayed as it was, tugging at her mind and cold heart to feel emotions she had since thought lost to her.

You are correct, yet this child is no child... For we have met before.

Clearing her throat Evalin would push her hood back, forcing her lips to form some semblance of a smile as she struggled to reign in her mind to focus upon the task at hand, "Greetings my Lord Uldr. It is an honor to see you once more..." Wariness filled her mind as she adjusted her staff, eyes never leaving the child as her mind strove to come to grips with the situation at hand. For the 2nd time she was coming to face the God of the Undead, and much like before she found herself startlingly speechless. Grapsing together the few traces of thought left in her raging mind Evalin continued, "To what do I owe the pleasure of this calling?"

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Valkyrie on February 5th, 2013, 3:09 pm

OOCI’m sorry this is so short! I haven’t been feeling well the past couple days but I wanted to get something up to keep this moving for us. :)

“I am here for business of course Evalin. Well, with such fun business as this I suppose you could call it pleasure. There are a few things I want to do in Sunberth and I wished to call upon someone to join in on my fun.” Uldr said slowly. His voice was gentle and quiet though Evalin would be able to hear every word very clearly. Uldr stood from his bench beside the well, straightened his coat and vest in one smooth movement, and took a few delicate steps toward Evalin.

“I couldn’t decide who I wanted to call upon, then I noticed that you were in the area, and my dilemma was solved. I think you will enjoy playing with me Evalin. I am a very good playmate.” Uldr crossed his arms and lifted his head to meet Evalin’s gaze. Despite the deepening darkness of the night around them the details of Uldr’s face was clear. When he wanted to be seen, he was seen. The depth of his black eyes was immense and overwhelming, an endless hole that the unwary might fall into. His tone had been polite but firm. He had decided she would be his playmate and that was the end of the decision.

“I am sure I will enjoy seeing you play up close. I do so like seeing what my followers are capable up. You can even bring your toy along.” Uldr’s head turned slightly to focus his gaze on Tsenrika, his lips pursing at the familiar. He uncrossed his arms and planted his childish fists on his hips. If he had been a true child his pose might have been comical however the Lord of the Undead was anything but. A small sigh escaped his mouth that hinted at impatience. “Let us be on our way. It would be rude to be late.”

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Evalin on February 8th, 2013, 7:10 am

OOCDon't worry at all, and your post was great! Mine was kinda bleh but lets keep the plot moving :D

As the child God began to move toward her, Evalin remained perfectly still. Her eyes, red as blood, gazed unblinkingly at the figure. It was rare that Evalin found herself in a situation in which she felt without control, yet somehow one had crept upon her far to suddenly for her to brace for it. Now it was that Evalin was, in a word, at a loss for what she should do. She was at this child's mercy, the mercy of the God of the Undead. At the Mercy of Uldr, he who had gifted Evalin with her own power...

Shyte...

A small, tentative smile wavered upon the Chained One's lips, "It would be an honor to be your... playmate." The words tasted foul on her tongue. How was it that she, The Immortal Witch, the Contractor, The Sorceress of Flame and Shadow! How was it that she had been reduced to this, a child's toy to take up and play with at a whim? It was... Pathetic...

Yet despite this Evalin knew her place, no it was more than that. With the prescience of Uldr (she would never call him her God) Evalin's entire body shook with his influence. Everything she was, everything she could be, was for him to decide, that much she knew. Perhaps that in part is what drove her hate for him. He had taken the place of Fate for now, and this more than anything caused Evalin's soul to rebuke his control. Of course she was not fool enough to think she held even the slightest chance... not yet.

It was then that Evalin made an amusing observation, It would seem I stand taller than a God... and this thought brought a true smile to Evalin's lips as she nodded slowly, "It would be the greatest of honors to accompany you. What would you have us do My Lord Uldr?"

Tsenrika mind shivered, was that even possible?, at Uldr's gaze, and he slipped back to the opposite of Evalin's head, almost hiding in the folds of her cloak. Extending her mind Evalin let the unspoken question pass through the link, and the Familiar simply replied, Though you fear it not, death is still a part of my own existence...

For the first time that cold voice sounded uncertain, fearful... and Evalin took a moment of joy in this before returning her full attention back to Uldr, "I will away upon your word." and would make to follow Uldr wherever the path might lead.

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Valkyrie on February 14th, 2013, 5:05 pm

“Good, then let us be off.” Faint hints of amusement tugged at the corners of Uldr’s lips as he felt Evalin’s hate for him radiate out of her body. He enjoyed hate and he enjoyed that she hated him. Uldr stepped to the left of Evalin and began to walk slowly towards a small alley behind her, confident that the nuit would follow him.

The alley was quiet and empty of inhabitants. The light tread of Uldr and Evalin seemed loud and magnified in the narrow alley, overpowering the gentle hum of noise that radiated through the active city. Uldr came to a stop at the end of the alley in front of a wooden door covered in peeling grey paint. The building it belonged to was run down and tired in its old age.

“Here is our stop. Be quiet lest you wake our toys. I want to surprise them.” Uldr said, shushing Evalin with a slender finger to his lips. Uldr grasped the doorknob and turned gently. The door swung open noiselessly. Evalin might wonder if the residents had actually left their door unlocked or if doors simply opened to Uldr’s touch but the child god offered no words of explanation.

Uldr walked into the building, his steps were delicate and quiet so as not to wake the inhabitants of the house. The room they entered was small, a tiny kitchen and living area for a family. An unbalanced table sat before a fireplace that contained a few cooling coals. Sitting in a chair and slumped over the table was a middle aged woman wearing a threadbare dress and a blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

Uldr approached the woman and placed a finger on her throat. He quickly withdrew his finger and uttered a tone of disgust. He turned to Evalin, his body a silhouette in the dismal light provided by the dying coals in the fireplace.

”She is already dead, what a horrid bore. We have come too late I am afraid. I shall not be put off, however. The woman has several children sleeping upstairs. Bind them so they don’t escape and bring them down here whilst I provide some light.” Uldr’s voice sounded loud in Evalin’s head, choosing to speak to her more privately so as not to wake the children he had spoken of. Uldr turned away from the nuit and came to stand in front of the fireplace, grasping his chin in his hand as he thought.

The first challenge Evalin would face was actually finding the stairs to get to the children and not tripping over something in the darkness of the house. The family that lived there was clearly poor, they lived in the Sunset Quarter after all, and their few belongings were packed into the tiny house creating an obstacle course to be conquered in the dark.

When she either explored the room or found a way to dispel the darkness, Evalin would find the stairs located at the far corner of the room. The stairs were rickety and squeaked when stepped on too quickly. The room it led up to was even smaller than the lower room and dominated by a single bed in which four children were huddled in sleep, sharing warmth in the chill winter night. The genders of the children were evenly split, two boys and two girls. The girls were older; roughly thirteen and eleven while the boys were young at five and eight.

NoteThe house is filled with random everyday things that Evalin could possibly find to bind the children. Perhaps some twine, old cloth strips, etc. If you stop short of when the children are waking up to Evalin’s attempts to bind them I will continue from there.

Valkyrie

Office
Scrapbook

Postby Evalin on March 11th, 2013, 5:11 pm

OOCFirst off I would like to thank you for your patience. I have been over the last few weeks preparing to take a Graduate Admissions Exam, and on top of that working extra hours to pay off bills. Its been stressful, and I can tell you now you have my full and undivided attention! Now lets really get this party started ;)

Bobbing close behind, Tsenrika remained silent for the entire walk. If he had thoughts or observations he kept them firmly within his own mind, letting nothing fall through the bond they shared as Evalin hurried on at a pace that kept her a few steps behind the terrifying child at all times.

As they sounds of their footfalls filled the alley Evalin let her mind wander over half formed thoughts as she observed the not-child before her, To think within that husk of flesh there lies the soul of a transcendent being... Her hand gripped her staff tighter as her eyes narrowed, teeth gritting, "Be damned, what is it that separates these beings so from us? What is it that they have that we cannot obtain. She cursed inwardly, a feeling of frustration growing in her chest as she thought such morbid thoughts rife with jealousy and hatred for what the boy had obtained and she had not. Pulling upon her power, calling that essence, her life to flow up to fill her mind with power, Evalin sought to call out her talent of sight, to gaze at the aura that this God possessed, but she was stopped before her actions were complete.

Be you a fool? Look upon the divine with such feeble abilities and your eyes shall be stricken from their sockets. Tsenrika warned, floating closely to her ear.

Evalin glanced to the side at her companion, wondering if he were to be believed, yet she knew the answer. He might be many things, but a liar the Irylid was not. With an inward sigh she released the power to allow it to flow back into its natural cycle, fixing her eyes on the forward path as she whispered through their bond, Need I these eyes for a time longer, but still... Have you never wondered what it is that makes a God a God and those Mortal Mortal? What is it that truly separates us. If it be power I could surely obtain it. If it be wisdom It shall be sought after. If it be a ritual I will perform it... But what, what could it be Tsenrika?

The blue orb floated around to the other shoulder, A spark of the divine be the difference. Divinity may not be obtained by power, or by wisdom, nor is there any such ritual in its attainment... Though he fell silent, Evalin could hear the hidden meaning behind the words, and she cringed at the implications cast now upon her.

No matter your struggle, you shall not obtain this.

A terrible, horrible, awful thought. An acceptance that something MIGHT be out of her grasp. Something MIGHT be just too difficult to achieve. Something impossible, unobtainable... To this that fire within her soul burst brighter than ever as she hissed in her mind, Whatever it might be, no matter the sacrifice, I shall obtain the power I seek. If I must become divine to right the wrongs of that cursed Fate then so I shall. Vengeance... Think of you that Tsenrika. Fate shall be slain by a Goddess of Vengeance.

If that be so, my Goddess, then let all the world tremble in fear. Evalin was not quite sure if this was sarcasm or not.

The journey soon ended, and whisked was Evalin through the portal into the ever small house. Her eyes fell on the dead woman, for surely the God of the Undead would know the difference, with eyes that showed very little care. Matter it not to her if the old woman die of age or by knife after all.

The sudden voice in her head, something other than the chilled voice of her Familiar, caused Evalin to wince in surprise, but after a quick moment she realized that feeling of dread and recognized it as the Child God himself. Eyes of red, gifted to her from this very child, fell upon the weeping boy's face as he laced orders into her very mind, and though she frowned she turned to obey without a word. What use was there to argue with a God, especially one who could order her about so freely?

Waving a hand she called to Tsenrika, Find the children." and stood still while the Familiar, with out a word, went about the task. With mind amusement she noted that the flow of the bond she could feel Tsenrika's cold annoyance at being ordered about, but even so he would complete his task well. It was not long before she heard his icy voice in her minds ear, Four children, all sleeping in the same bed. Two boys and two girls. The oldest are the girls.

Evalin nodded, treading carefully as she made her way to the back in the darkness. At time she would stumble, always catching herself before falling, and always she kept her staff raised off the floor in order to keep it from knocking against this or that. Out of the corner of her eye Evalin spotted several lengths of cloth, old sheets perhaps? Pausing but a moment she grabbed them up, wrapping them around her arm as she continued on her way. After what seemed like an eternity Evalin made it to the stairs, and she cursed at the retched sound they made with each and every step. No word came from Tsenrika, thus she assumed that the children remained asleep. Finally, and with a frustrated sigh of relief, Evalin pushed open the door to the small room and stepped into the space, gently setting her staff on the ground and leaning upon it.

Her eyes roamed over the sight. Four children, two boys and two girls, none older than 12 of 13, all huddled together for warmth and comfort. Absently Evalin fingered the ornate carvings of her staff. Now then... how could this be done? Of course the answer was simple, and with a smile Evalin closed her eyes.

In her mind Evalin drew a circle, a large circle with a radius close to six feet. Just within the circle she drew a second circle, and between the two she crated 16 smaller circles in which she filled the coordinates for Zaiden. Next she grew within it a triangle, connecting the points along the parameter of the inner circle, a semblance of balance and stability that would hold teh gate open for longer periods of time. Next she drew a square, aligning it so that the points of the triangle did not disappear into the perimeter of the box. Finally there was another, much smaller circle drawn in the very middle of the picture, lights from the points of the triangle and square connecting on this focus point as another tiny circle (another focal point which would act as a navigator) was drawn in the top right between the boundaries of the triangle and circle. A single line connected this last circle with the very middle circle.

This picture Evalin held firmly in her mind, carved it into her thoughts, her soul, and reflected it in the djed that she pushed into her hands, that flowed down and filled the staff with her intent. Opening her eyes and raising her staff she placed the end of it against the wall to the left of the door, and with a his flames leapt out from the point of contact, scorching a black recreation of the image in Evalin's mind into the wood, but dying down before anything caught. The flash of flame caused one of the boys, the younger, to stir and blink his eyes open, but at this point it was too late. Pricking her finger on her staff Evalin placed her hand against the wall, touching the black essence against the outer edge of the circle. A rush of energy, flashing lights and sounds filled the small space as the portal opened. THe energy began at the outer ring, swirling down to connect at the center point with a resounding WOOSH. The portal dipped into the wall, a large back space forming at the center. Suddenly a hand, a grotesque monster of a hand reached out and grasped the edge of the circle. A second quickly followed, and a head came next. The large diverse stepped slowly out of the portal, cascades of free djed flowing off his body like water as he stepped onto the hard wood so that it creaked in protest to his weight. He stood over 6 feet tall, and his right arm was large and deformed. His shoulders were large, and other strange deformities covered his body as he blinked slowly at his new surroundings.

Evalin rapped her staff on the floor several times, her voice strong, "In the name of our contract, I command you to restrain them. Bind them so that they cannot move and carry them downstairs." She tossed the cloth at the Diverse's feet, stepping back to let him work.

OOCI hope it was ok to leave it like this. Let me know if you want me to finish this part :)

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Elysium on November 22nd, 2013, 7:19 pm

e
NoteI shall be taking this thread over, as per request. :)

The boy gaped for a moment, breath catching in his throat before it rippled out into a scream. The sound filled the room, causing the children around him to stir, but it was too late; the Diverse grunted in assent, eyes gleaming with malice. The eldest girl was the first to wake and in desperation, she threw her body across the others, attempting to shield them from what was to occur. ”Please,” she cried, ”no!” Her arms flung wide, acting as a restraint to her squirming siblings. But the Diverse was rabid and smiling, his hands wrapping around her delicate throat, tossing her body to the floor seemingly without effort. She gasped for breath.

He went down the line, his fist barreling into their guts, winding each one individually before tearing their blanket to shreds, creating strips with which to tie them. Every now and again, he’d glance back, eyes swimming with hate, desperate to grab hold of Evalin and tear her apart. Yet he was bound by his work - the djed leash held him fast. Grunting, he bound the last of their wrists together, each one with hands behind their backs and he began to haul them down the stairs. They wept desperately, kicking their legs in frustration, each one begging for their lives.

Step by step, he ported each one to the kitchen, tossing their bodies in a heap, as if they were worthless garbage. Uldr watched impassively. The Diverse took a few more moments to finish his work, claws digging into their flesh, savoring their screams before he finally stopped in front of Evalin, mutated flesh bulging with suppressed rage. He wanted to kill her, to rip her pallid throat out, but the impulse went unheard.

So it was done. When Evalin returned to meet her Master, he stood with hands in his pockets. ”A creative solution,” he drawled, looking to his cuticles. He seemed bored by the whole affair. ”Now then. Tell me, my servant. Which would you choose, were you to take only one?” His bleeding eyes suddenly became intent, locking with hers. This was the true test. Could she select a suitable candidate that surpassed all the rest?

”Once you have selected, do not tell me. Simply perform the ritual.” He stepped aside and gestured toward the pile of crying children, inviting her to begin.

e
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Evalin on November 23rd, 2013, 5:00 am

Evalin looked on at the work carried out on her own command. She leaned upon her staff, red eyes watching impassively as the Diverse did as his Master order. A small smile touched her lips at the look of hatred given to her. She reveled in it, fed upon it. To be hated was the greatest of joys for a Returned.

Yes hate me... hate me and wish the worst upon me. Such things give me strength and bind you further to me will creature. Evalin drummed her fingers on her staff as each child was carried downstairs, and when the deed was completed Evalin would greet the enraged beast with a nod and a superior smirk, "Done well is your task. Return you now to your hole, till when next you are summoned."

With a snap of her fingers the djed leash tighten, pulling upon the Diverse with such force that it slid backwards toward the portal. A guttural roar, and a futile swipe at the Immortal's head was all the thing could gain before it was dragged from the realm of MIzahar and into the spinning vortex of the Summoning Portal. Wild djed washed over it, consuming it, and as its face disappeared, casting one last furious glare at Evalin, the whirlpool of power collapsed upon itself in a thundering crash like the waves upon the rocks of shore, leaving nothing but a smeared representation of the summoning circle that had existed just moments before.

Perhaps taunting the creature was an excessive act. The Familiar said absently as they turned to leave the room. With a shrug Evalin replied, Perhaps it is so, yet matter it little to one such as I. Let him gain fuel for his hatred with this act, and then might that fuel be better used to benefit me.

Walking down the stairs, Evalin's eyes sought out those of her God, though never would she say she worshiped him. No, more like agreed hatred though grudging respect and debts owed. Her eyes flicked to the pile of bodies that struggled in vain, before returning to the Child God as she stepped off the last stair to approach.

"Your words are too kind." Evalin said with a half bow to Uldr's words of mock praise, if they could be called praise at all. Then she was enlightened to her true test, and once Evalin's eyes fell onto the struggling bodies.

"To choose but one... My an unexpected test to be sure. My Lord Uldr, give me a moment to decide if I may..."

Evalin walked over to the pile of children, and reaching down Evalin grabbed the eldest girl by her hair. Her screams and cries were irritating, and so with a minor flick of her hand she sent her stumbling back, falling to the ground where she curcled into a ball, tears streaming from her eyes as she looked on in terror. Thus Evlain turned her eyes on the remaining three. Kneeling down she looked at each one carefully. She grabbed the 2nd girl by her chin, forcing her face from side to side. Her eyes were dull, in shock perhaps as she stared lifelessly up at the ceiling. Narrowing her eyes Evalin released the girl, grabbing the older boy instead. His eyes held fear, and something a bit more... Evalin smiled.

With a quick motion Evalin grabbed this child by his neck, the sounds of his gasping struggle for breath sending a shiver of excitement down Evalin's spine. The oldest girl screamed, begging, crying to release him, "P-Please! Please leave th-them alone!"

Glancing over her shoulder, Evalin raised an eyebrow at her, "Would you sacrifice yourself for their sake then? Do you claim that you would lay down your life in some attempt to save them?"

"Y-yes, yes please just don't hurt them! I-I will give you whatever you want, anything!"

Evalin smiled and looked to the boy she held in her grip, red points narrowing as she pulled him closer to her face. Being trapped as she was in the child body the boy had to bend down though he only stood on his knees, "What a valient sacrifice your sister wishes to make for your life. Shall I accept her offer?" The boys eyes widened, and he tried to joke out an answer, but the Nuit's fingers closed tighter on his windpipe as she laughed, "Have you nothing to say then boy? Tis a shame. You have the power to save her."

Shoving the boy back so that he fell against the wall, coughing and gasping for breath, chest heaving as tears streaked his face. The elder sister looked somewhat relieved, but her eyes widened once more as Evalin turned her attention to the youngest child, "W-wait, no I s-said I would sacrifice myself. Leave him alone!"

The boy was crying loudly, eyes clenched shut, snot and spittle dribbling over his chin in equal amounts. Evalin looked down at the creature in disgust, and then her foot struck out against his face, sending him rolling across the floor For a moment his cries ceased, and Evalin relished in the silence for a moment before grabbing the child by the color to pull him up to a sitting position. Evalin settled herself down so that she could look him in the eye, though the stupid thing merely struggled to continue its crying.

"W-w-wait... s-stop..." Struggled words, little more than whispers and spoken with some effort. Evalin looked up to the boy she released but a moment ago, and tilted her head, "Stop...? But child, don't you understand? This is your doing. Because you did not speak, now everyone will die."

His eyes widened, and he coughed, shaking his head and struggling to get the words out. His panic, and desperation, made something within Evalin quiver in delight. Yes... yes let him suffer as she suffered. It was only fair and just that all others should feel as she did. Trapped in a Fate they did not decide. The youngest was begining to cry once more, and with the smile slipping from her face Evalin backhanded the brat, ending the cries as he slipped into unconsciousnesses. The eldest gasped, soft pleas and calls of the boys name which Evalin did not pay any mind to. No, her eyes were locked on the eldest boys, searching his expression for that which interested her, "But I am a generous soul... I shall give you the choice again boy. Choose. Sacrifice your eldest sister, she who tried to protect all of you, and in return I will spare this boy and the other girl. Pitiful creature as they are, perhaps they need not all die tonight."

"Do it John, please! J-just let them hurt me, and the rest of you will be OK!" the eldest struggled to sit up, though it was in vain. She wriggled like a worm upon the ground, eyes wide and desperate, looking at the boy John with a plead of her own.

The boy shook his head, mouth opening slightly but no words escaped. He looked between the child in Evalin's hands to his eldest sister, and back again. Words lost to him, mind blank as he struggled to decide, struggled with a decision no child should have to make...

The youngest boy gasped as Evalin slid a blade produced from the folds of her robes into his stomach. Both girls screamed, the eldest weeping and cursing, but Evalin held eyes only for the boy John who looked on in shock. The nuit smiled, "A pity. It seems you cared not for this ones life." Standing Evalin withdrew the knife, wiping the blade on the child's clothes before turning to the youngest girl.

Those eyes were not dim any longer. They were bright, wide, and filled with fear that gave Evalin such excitement. She tried to slide back and away from Evalin, though the cluttered house prevented much movement on her part. Grasping her by the hair Evalin pulled her head back, pressing the knife against the skin of her neck and looked at John once more, "Again I ask you, choose which shall die. Your eldest sister, or this girl here?" The child shook beneath Evlain's fingers, and unable to resist the nuit pricked the pale skin with the knife, a bead of ruby red collecting on the surface which the Witch quickly licked up with a chuckled, eyes never leaving the boy.

He was pale, shivering visibly as he looked between the still body of his younger brother, to his eldest sister, and to the sister held at knife point. He shook his head, closing his eyes tight, "I... I c-can't..."

"Just say me! Please, save her! Tell her to kill me instead! Please I beg you John, just say me!!" The eldest sister struggled to her knees, trying to scoot forward, but was unable to get far with the mess.

He shook his head, eyes looking at his eldest sister, "N-no, I..."

The knife bit easily into the girl's flesh, blood pourying out from the wound as well as gurgling out with each raspy, choking breath the girl made. She pitched forward, head cracking against the floor as eyes still streamed tears which mixed with the crimson of her blood.

"KATHRINE!!" A shriek of torment and mad sobbing as her entire body shook with the force of it. She fell forward, landing hard on the ground as she struggled to get closer, but was unable with her hands bound as she would. her eyes looked to John, maddening anger filling her vision to the point that the boy flinched back, "Why didn't you say me!? WHY DIDN'T YOU SAVE HER!!?" She cried, bitter tears as her whole body shook.

Evalin ran her fingers through the blood, drawing shapes on the floor in the ruby flow as she spoke to John, "Another you have sacrificed child. Does your cruelty know no bounds? Even this cold dead heart of my feels pity when faced with the black and unfeeling soul housed within you." Her eyes were laughing as she brought the knife to her lips, black tongue licking the blood clean from the blade as she stood. With easy, measured steps, Evalin moved to the last sibling who still lay weeping upon the ground.

The boy shook his head, pale as a spirit and disbelief filling his eyes, "N-No I.. I d-didn't do anything. It wasn't me... it wasn't me!!" He clenched his teeth, muscles spasming as he pulled against the bonds that held his hands still, "No it was you! You killed them both! D-don't blame me, your a murder!!" Hot anger, the beginnings of hatred. Evalin smiled as she knelt before the last sister, grabbing her hair and forcing her head up.

The anger cooled, becoming fear once more, "N-no, wait, please."

Evalin paused the knife as it hovered near the girl's throat. Her eyes were dull, grief welling within her and cooling her own anger. An empty shell, desolate of emotion, accepting of her fate. How boring... Evalin thought.

Looking back at John she raised an eyebrow, "Last words you have for your dear and beloved sister...?"

"M-me... Just k-kill me instead... P-please leave her alone."

To this Evalin was genuinely surprised. Releasing the girl's hair the nuit stood, walking closer to stoop next to the boy, red eyes searching his, "For what purpose? The game is done, and you lost. You sacrificed both of your other siblings. You could have saved 2 lives by sacrificing one, and yet now all of you will now die." she stood and began walking to the girl once more.

"WAIT! I will do anything, anything at all. Just please spare her." Evalin stopped, a smile brushing her lips as she spoke without looking back, "Anything at all? Boy you ask to pay a steep price..." She pressed two fingers to her forehead, and sighed dramatically, "But I am a kind soul... So I will give you once chance."

She turned and stored the knife within her robes once more, gripping her staff with both hands as she raised it over her head. Pulling to her mind an image of a circle, a simple circle, Evalin slapped the staff down, flames erupting to burn a scorching circle of black upon the floor with a diameter equal in height to the boy. Looking at the child Evalin aided him to stand, bringing him to the circle and forcing him down to his knees. Then, placing her hand in the still warm blood of the youngest sister, Evalin brought her redened fingers toward John who flinched back, horrified. Adopting an irritated expression Evalin said, "Care you not for the life of the girl? Be still or forfeit her life this very moment."

From that moment on the boy remained still, even as Evalin traced glyphs of power up and down his body, over his arms, his bare chest and even his face and back. All in the blood of his fallen sibling. Once this was completed Evalin stood, removing the knife once more Evalin felt some amusement as she saw the boy's eyes follow the blade with apprehension, "Be still child, this is not for you." Setting the staff down, Evalin placed the knife over her own forearm, cutting a clean slice and letting the white ichor begin to flow free. Taking up a large bowl that lay on the table Evalin began to collect this precious substance, "I give you now this chance. Drink from me this which gives me life, and survive the trials you shall face. You shall face death, but you must not give in. Come back to this world or your sister shall die, but not painlessly. No... I shall cleave each finger from her hand one by one, sever every limb, remove the skin from her body and then, only then, will I give her relief after she begs for death herself countless times." The boy gulped, casting a look at his sister who had fallen still some way away, most likely passed out from the stress. Evalin's hand pulled the boy's attention back to her, and the blown was forced to his lips, "Drink... Drink every drop, and survive. Her life is in your hands boy... Do not sacrifice her as you did the others." Tipping the bowl up the ichor slid into the boy's opened mouth, flowing down his throat until not a drop was left. The child shuddered, eyes rolling back as he fell to the side, body spasming as his heart stopped and life left him.

Standing slowly Evalin clutched at the incision on her arm, slowing the drip of ichor for the moment as she looked down at the corpse, "Then it is done... Thus we wait."

Tsenrika floated to Evalin's ear, What of the girl...?

Her eyes moved to the last sister, her breathing soft in her unconcious state. The smile spread once more as she picked up her knife, running a finger over its edge, "Oh yes... Now to plan the seeds of hatred..."

OOCThe time does not have to be specifically said, but it is a little bit before the boy wakes up ^.^. you can decide exactly how long it took if you like!

The corpse stirred, slowing moving its head and blinking its eyes. Its hands were no longer bound, and so he lifted himself up to a sitting position. Something warm spatters against his cheek, and when he lifted his hand his hands came back red. He looked around in confusion, until his eyes fell on the little girl sitting not far away. She held something in her hands, her tongue idly lapping at the flowing crimson dripping from it. This object she flicked once again, sending the warm liquid splatting against his face.

It took a tick or two for his eyes to finally open, horror filling them as the scene resolved itself into clarity. Evalin sat upon the body of the last sister, though she did not move. Blood covered the floor, claw marks dug into the floor boards. Bits of flesh with hair still attached lay strewn about, evidence of the scalping Evalin did promise. The object in the child's hand came to awful reality. A severed hand, several of the fingers missing, blood flowing freely and this Evalin lapped as if it were a delicious treat. Blood marred covered her lips, cheeks and hands, and when she smiled her teeth were stained as well, "Oh, so you did awaken after all? Tis a shame, you were only just too late... Be it never said that I do not keep the oaths I swear." She pit into the hand, pulling away a bit of flesh which she spit out, only interested in the ruby life that fell in drops from the wound.

John, the boy, felt sick. Doubling over he made as if to wretch, but then that was a pointless act for a corpse. He slammed his balled fists on the ground, anger filling his voice, hatred welling in his heart, "NO! YOU SAID YOU WOULD SPARE HER! YOU PROMISED!!" He looked up, eyes narrowing, burning with death deep within. Hatred, revenge and other ghastly acts blossomed in his heart, and an oath that somehow, someday Evalin would pay. All of this Evalin saw, and all she could do was chuckle as she stood, tossing the hand to the side and wiping her own on the dead girls clothes.

"Do you hate me boy... Good. Hold onto that hatred, let it burn and fill you. Let it give you strength. Your wretched life is over. Your family is gone, and it was I, Evalin, Sorceress of Flame and Shadow, one held ass the Contractor to the Diverse, the Darkness between the Stars and the All Consuming Flame. Hate me. Hate me with all your heart and let that hatred burn through the whole of eternity." She stepped closer and laid her still bloodied hand on the child's head. He did not move, did not speak, but simply stared with those hate filled eyes at the object of his greatest despair, "Keep those eyes. Your torture has only just begun."

Patting his head Evalin turned her attention back to her Lore, the God Uldr, and bowed her head, "I trust you approve of the choice... His heart will now be consumed by hatred, as is proper for our kind."

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Elysium on November 24th, 2013, 2:10 am

e
Throughout the proceedings, Uldr smiled faintly, pleased yet not wholly satisfied. The torture did much to endear her efforts, though the result was what he truly wanted. Anything less would be failure. With bleeding eyes he watched as Evalin systematically estranged the young boy, killing off his siblings, growing his hate. He watched and did nothing, reveling the misery of the boy as his whole life was slowly torn apart.

When all was said and done, Uldr paused, gazing at her steadily. And then suddenly
he laughed, the room echoing with his childlike mirth. The God clapped his hands together. ”Sublime,” he said between gasping, blood flowing in earnest now, pooling at the crinkled corners of his eyes. ”Truly sublime.” He looked on the corpses with approval, most especially that of the eldest sister who’d been mutilated the worst.

”You, boy.” He strode up to the young child, now among the ranks of his dead. ”Your heart belongs to me now. You have only begun upon the path I have chosen. Tell me; do you hate Evalin? Do you hate the creature who has taken this life from you?” The boy stared up at the God mutely, arms trembling, loathing in his gaze. A chime passed, maybe more before he spoke. ”Yes,” he finally croaked, his knuckles growing white.

”Would you like the power to kill her? To make her suffer as you have?” He smiled, showing a row of perfectly aligned teeth. The God turned to his servant, so innocuous despite his thick, evil aura. He wanted to share this moment, this pleasure at converting another of their kin. ”Do you want to savor each moment at you cause her unending misery?”

The child nodded. He couldn’t help but to nod. Uldr laughed, his voice echoing off the walls. ”You have chosen well, young Evalin. The time to move forward has come. Take this gift and spread my hate. You have found your first disciple.” The boy-King waved a hand and the power in her grew, the another mark joining the first. Evalin would feel the rush, as if ichor sprinted to pool at that very place, pushing uncomfortably against her rotting skin.

”Now then, boy.” He turned back and waved another hand. The little Nuit doubled over, overcome by the first wash of pain and hate, being marked in earnest. ”You are mine, now. You’ve agreed as according to my rules.” The child cried out, face contorted in agony. ”You will prove your worth, now. You will use your power against my Servant. She shall grow your rage and you will learn to use it well.”

Uldr threw up his hands in a grand gesture. ”Now then! Use your power. Show me who has truly earned my favor!”

Evalin would quickly find herself yearning to shift, to change. She was suddenly plagued by the image of a galloping steed fused with a sturdy ram, an unspeakable blood-craving abomination with razor sharp teeth, a woman and a monster all in one, physically unstoppable. She could crush bone with hardly any effort. This was the gift she’d been given.

Second Form :

Have fun! ;)

e
Elysium
Never venture, never win.

Words: 519270
Joined roleplay: December 12th, 2012, 9:49 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Evalin on November 24th, 2013, 3:16 am

The rush of power filled Evalin, and she doubled over, the weight of it both crushing and uplifting at the same time. She thrummed with power, with energy, and then an insatiable urge overcame her. She had to change, to shift her form, to BECOME something else... The image appeared in her mind, and Evalin took a hold of it, calling to it and letting her body become what it wanted to be.

Bones cracked and shifted, her body enlarged, lengthened as it adopted new limbs. A curious sensation as what appeared to be horns sprouting from her head, curling back in a sweeping angle over her head. Her muscles ached with power, her body vibrated with barely restrained energy as Evalin raised her head, the top of her horns almost brushing the ceiling. The nuit looked down at herself, eyes widening in shock and awe. Her skin had changed to a purplish hew, like clotted blood. Her body was full and pronounced, athletic yet terrible to behold. Foreign hands moved to touch her transformed features, running over smooth skin that was and was not her own.

Looking back Evalin saw that she now held the body of a horse, or some mighty steed. She lifted one hoof experimentally, adjusting to the new form. A smile split her new lips as she looked down at the boy, who in turn looked up at her with hate mixed with his own feelings of fear.

Leaning down Evalin motioned to the boy with one hand, "Stand..." It was like the bow was struck with a whip. He flinched, and suddenly his body moved, standing despite his defiant expression, despite his struggles to do no such thing. Evalin's smile widened, and she could feel her Familiar beside her, struck silent by it all for the first time in decades.

Straightening Evalin waved her hand once more, "Bow to me." and the boy did as she commanded, once more fighting to resist but unable to. Sharp teeth glistened in the dim light as Evalin laughed, "Indeed, this is a most gracious gift my Lord Uldr! Oh how I shall use this boys hatred to spread the seeds of Unlife through the world." stilling her mirth Evalin's eyes sought out the boys, "Now then child, you shall become my tool. My command is law, and none but those above me shall have the authority to claim otherwise." She leaned down to stroke the child's cheek. he shivered and tried to back away, but was stopped with a look. Evalin brushed her fingers through his hair, down his neck and over his shoulder, red eyes following the trail of the hand, "Hate me... Despise me, and now I send you forth to the world. Return to me when your hate grows stronger, when you feel your power is great enough to kill me. Come and try your hand at justice. On your journey I command you to follow the creed of the Returned. Spread hatred through the world, and turn as many as you can to the undead. Create many new followers in my name John..." She paused and shook her head, finger hooking under his chin to pull his gaze to meet hers, "No... Not John any longer. I give you a new name. I christen you... Rajudvino." She chuckled at her own joke, for she had named him Broken Child in the ancient tongue.

Patting his cheek Evalin would stand, throwing out her arms and just barely avoiding hitting the ceiling, "Go now Rajudvino, and carry out the will of Uldr, the will of your Master. Grow your hate, and return to me..."

The boy looked as if he would protest, eyes bubblign with hatred but he quickly found his body moving on its own, leading him from the house and into the world where Evalin was certain he would do her bidding well. Turning her body Evalin looked down at Uldr, the child seemed so small from this height, yet still despite her great size Evalin bowed her head, "My lord, I shall take upon me these new powers and authority, and I shall spread the gift of undeath and hate throughout the world. Have you any last orders for your humble servant...?

ImageImageImage

Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Next