Open [Event] The Denvali Party

A party is held in the Denvali Quarter!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Event] The Denvali Party

Postby Voss on January 3rd, 2014, 3:55 pm

Voss whinced in sympathy when he heard astrid didn't survive the djed storm. Both at how hard it must have been for them to lose a leader and the fact he was probably going to earn a few bruises giving that information to alea next time he met her. Voss, being as blunt as a sledgehammer to the face hadn't noticed the darkening of his expression, or just honestly didn't care it.

“yeah, she's doing fine enough.” that sounded like a reasonable enough answer, telling him, I saw her in a dream and she's a slave in ravok now, would probably sound slightly insane. “Nearly gave me a concussion when I told her what happenend though. She's got a fiery temper.” He shudered when he thought back to the woman shrieking in indignation and waving her fists around. Feisty girl she was, not that bad looking too.

Voss took a large gulp from his own mug of kelp beer, trying to chase that idea out of his head. Would only lead to pain and embarrasment.
“Yeah, last season was a pain in the arse.” Voss agreed even though he was as blunt as a sledgehammer, he still noticed a man changing the topic. He really didn't want to talk about it it seemed.
“I'm Voss Rybaki. I'm enjoying myself pretty well. Haven't seen this much food in a single place in a long time. If I ever saw that much at all. The beer is good, the food is tasty so it's hard to not enjoy myself at the moment. How you doing? Swamped with people like me asking questions?”
Voss
Player

Words: 30285
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 5:34 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ricky Maze on January 4th, 2014, 6:06 am

NoteGetting this post out a little early while setting everything up, Everyone feel free to see or follow Ricky in this post if you choose. Oh and the 5 Nilo/GM deduction fee is also added to the ledger.

Alas the day that once went long and taxing finally seemed the least of his concern now as Ricky weaved his way through the hall and small clutters of folk, his focus on getting to the room he and Telion had found to relax in whilst the major noise of the party seemed to fail and entering the stoney walls. Ricky and Telion both attended this party by necessity, as to prove himself and to others around him that they too put the past behind them. Yet not all scars heal quickly... the guard himself found it distasteful at times when seeing a Denvali, but the point of moving on was to let go of bitter ties and look forward to the future. Bloody gran' it does t' decorate dees damned 'alls, ain't like we al' know their leader didn't plan t' take over 'ere."" Of course Adarin was now gone and the ambition with him, however the fact Ricky lost his own father to Denvali made the acceptance all the more difficult. However that mattered little now as he nearly found the room Telion was in, the only thing he cared for as of now was to see her still safe just as he had left her... and with their child as well. Dressed in the common attire he usually wore; which consisted of a white short sleeved shirt with another white long sleeve underneath, his lightened blue cotton trousers with a leather belt, and of course the old leather shoes that still held together. He'd dealt with enough wintry air to consider a building full of people overly hot and sweaty, thus the man easily looked to be in a sweat. Like some others who might've armed themselves for safety Ricky too felt this was a good concern, and so he kept his longsword strapped to his leather belt for good measure; in the event he needed to protect his family.

Since Martin's birth the road of parenthood had been tedious yet exciting for Ricky, there was no greater joy than being a father who raised his own son everyday, who watched as the child slowly grew only bigger and bigger with each passing day. Though the child still had plenty of growth to cover Ricky still remembered the day he was born, and hasn't stopped counting those days ever since. At last after he shuffled his way through more people down a corridor he entered the room he and Telion found before, two drinks filled his hands compared to the first venture in here. The room wasn't in complete silence but the four walls did well to fend off the rabble that echoed the halls, save for the noise that entered when the door swung ajar. The room had several chairs for sitting, along with benches, and a minor fireplace to bring warmth and comfort to those who entered the dim room. With a sense of ease finally in his mind Ricky approached the blonde woman that clutched a child so dearly, while she smiled at his return as he sat next to her with the drinks.

"Sorry de trip took so long love, 'ad t' squeeze me way through an entire party for dees drinks." He murmured softly as he gave a peck on her lips, a soft chuckle came from Telion as she looked from him back to their little one. Ricky leaned in to look at the small child and found Martin remained sound asleep while his mother cradled him, the warmth of his snug blanket a comfort for all to see. "'ow is our lil' fella doin'? Figured 'e'd been awake by now." As he spoke his words were softer, sounded more gentle as if a mere higher tone would break the serene silence; and awaken their child.

"He's stirred 'round for a lil' but nothin' too big." Telion answered with a smile on her face.

"He know's we're not home, but ain't fully awake to see the new place he's in yet. That'll likely change soon." She gently rocked Martin back and forth as the little tyke let out a big yawn, eyes barely cracked open as the child seemed comfortable where he was. Both parents smiled as they watched their child together, and often sipped at the refreshments Ricky had brought along to them.
Last edited by Ricky Maze on January 24th, 2014, 6:32 am, edited 2 times in total.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ignotus Everto on January 4th, 2014, 6:43 pm

"What a sweet little thing!" cooed a familiar voice

Now, normally it'd be a surprise to see an unnaturally, slightly overly tall Nuit leering over one's baby, but really, how could Ignotus not come to the party? He was practically obligated to be there. That he seemed to just pop into the room to most except for Justus and others who were specifically looking for him was just fuel for the rumor mill.

The wizard had undergone a bit of a wardrobe change- instead of his usual black, his cloak was a woolen one of deep blue, the clasp holding it his literal badge of office. His walking stick remained the same as ever, his hair had been molded and given a chipper little curl, and two stoic guards flanked him on either side. Reimancy or not, he wasn't going to risk an assassination.

The sharp click of his cane was soon met with another, and the Hypnotist's attention was drawn to some fellow with an absolutely gaudy beast-headed thing and what appeared to be a naked Charoda on his arm. Now, Ignotus had received his fair share of insults about being noveau riche and tasteless, but this was just plain goofy. More importantly, the walking stick and cloak was his thing! Well, that and the Charoda girl seemed like she really, really didn't want to be where she was.

"Look out hot-shot, I think you've got a copy cat! teased the shadow of a chandelier.

"Man, you should've seen him at the door!" piped up one of a recently entered Denvali's, "He was all 'How you doin'?' and she was all stuttery and hot in the cheeks. Then he flashed some paper and they went in.

Well. This was odd. Ignotus half-whispered a vaguely humorous reply to the buggers, then moved to meet this stranger. Suave, glimmering eyes met cold, unblinking ones. Sparks passed between them. "Well." said the wizard with a small trace of amusement, "This is interesting. And who might you be, my admittedly well-dressed friend? More importantly..." his gaze flickered to Ariann, an expression akin to pity on his face for a moment, "Why haven't you deigned to clothe your companion here? She seems absolutely mortified." If, for whatever reason, the Charoda decided to start looking for something to cover herself, she'd soon see the Hypnotist offering his cloak- sans badge, of course.

He didn't outright accuse him of smuggling a slave into Zeltiva... He barely even affixed the thought into his words Hypnotically. It was just the ghost of a whisper, really. A tiny pre-emptive strike to his credibility, should he attempt to start politicking.

A thousand thanks to Phoenix for the gorgeous blue frame, and a thousand more to Edreina for her beautiful magic-themed one!

Correspondence Thread
Ignotus Everto
Only Mostly Mad

Words: 292905
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 5:57 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Eldritch on January 4th, 2014, 11:24 pm

Ariann and Ignotus

Before the de facto Lord of Council was upon them the man would offer Ariann a smile, gentle and kind. Each step he took was heralded by the rhythmic taping of the cane upon the floor, his dark cloak almost seeming to shimmer in the light. He considered the questions with an amused glint to his eyes, though it was certainly not malevolent and actually looked rather indulgent.

"I am but a humble servant of milady, though if you require a name Bartholomew Hiltse is my name. As for the why, I simply couldn't stand the idea of a woman being turned away out in the cold simply for the difference in culture. 'Twas instinct really." He replied.

When Ignotus made his entrance and approached Bartholomew and his new charge his smile seemed to brighten by several degrees. He didn't seem caught off his guard and if he was the man hid it well behind his genial expression. Ignotus would notice something immediately thought as he attempted to utilize a tiny suggestion, to pool his Djed into his voice and supplant thoughts in those around him.

It was quite simple in that as soon as he entered the man's immediate vicinity that he could not call upon his magic, almost like it had been stolen from him entirely. He could try to summon res into his hands but would find it beyond him, the same applied to his hypnosis. Simply put it was as though something about standing near him nullified Ignotus' personal magic completely and utterly.

"Ah, Lord Everto, I had simply not wished to presume that mine own cultural ideas were superior or overlapping of her own. My mistake, I shall endeavor to follow your example, as we all no doubt should." He stated, his tone as sincere as they came.

The man released Ariann's hand, sending her a reassuring wink that would send a feeling of almost affection through her heart and extended it to Ignotus. His eyes flicked to the two Council Guards that flanked the new Lord of Council, something brewing behind his eyes as though he were carefully calculating. Should the Nuit take his hand he would receive a firm and hearty shake from the well dressed man.

"It pleases me to know that you find my attire appropriate, Lord Everto, I understand congratulations are in order for your unopposed victory at the election. To be expected for a hero such as yourself. I am Bartholomew Hiltse, Administrator of the Committee of the Sailor's Guild and your humble servant." He said with a polite incline of his head.

The significance of the title might very well have flew right over Ariann's head but Ignotus probably now knew exactly who he was dealing with. The Administrative Committee of the Sailor's Guild was the three man group that oversaw the running of one of the most powerful organizations in Zeltiva. Historically, both it and the Board of Regents effectively ruled Zeltiva while the Lord of Council remained mostly a ceremonial role.

The man gestured to the stairs, offering his hand to Ariann once more. He flashed both her and Ignotus a lovely smile.

"Shall we go? I'm certain Mister Justus is waiting above, no doubt for you milord." He said.

Voss

Justus smiled as the subject was moved away from the rather unfortunate events of the past season, events a fair number of Denvali would much rather forget now doubt. He sipped at the beer once more, his eyes never deviating from the sailor. He seemed a bit distracted when one managed to look a bit closer, as though he were feeling conflicting emotions as he stood amidst the crowd.

"That is good to hear, I look forward to the day our paths cross again. To many of our people lie scattered and fractured as it is." He said with a nod.

"Indeed, its a bit indulgent perhaps but I figure that the Bonesnapper winds are miserable and the city could use a bit of cheer. People should have a chance to enjoy themselves every now and again." He nodded sagely.

His eyes caught someone else and he flashed Voss an apologetic look.

"My apologies Voss, it seems I must be off for now. I would welcome to chance to speak to you at a later time though, perhaps over some more Kelp Beer?" The handsome man suggested, moving off to greeting a rather wealthy merchant with a handshake and a smile and leaving Voss to his own devices.

OOCI replied to those interacting with NPC's. There is no real posting order at the moment and everyone is free to interact with their fellow PC's for now. The night is just beginning as they say. ;)
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Ariann on January 5th, 2014, 12:03 am

Ariann looked up at the Nuit, craning her head back to set her emerald eyes upon the man. He was nice-looking, but not quite as attractive as the man she stood with. Still, he had guards around him and dressed the part of one of importance. Ariann's eyes widened at the man's lanky features and superior demeanor.

Still, she was with the other man, who claimed to be a Bartholomew of a Sailor's whosy-do-whatsit. She had no idea what a Sailor's Guild was. She'd heard of guilds, told in tales of mythical beasts and those who would take coin to scout and hunt down the creatures. Mercenaries, she knew. But this kind of guild eluded her.

Even though she didn't realize how important either man was, she inclined her head politely, her razor teeth mouthing the words as she spoke softly. "I... I uhh... I'm Ariann... just Ariann. Nobody special." She mumbled, hoping not to be interrupting the obvious bout for power that the Nuit and the Sailor-man had.

Then he let go of her hand, the weight of her limb startling her as she let it lower back to her side. She looked up in time to see the sailorman wink at her and a rush of heat flew to her cheeks, turning them a bright blue. Her heart even fluttered, but she could faintly tell that it was not her own. There was a stirring in the djed about her.

Then it struck her. The man was using some form of magic to do something unseen, but as to what she could not tell. She was aware of the droplets of water, miniscule and unseen, in the air around her moving as the djed transferred. Her Reimancy training had come into use and she gave the nuit an almost frightened look. She did not know it it was him that was using the unseen magic, or if it was the man she walked with, but she had to assume the man called Everto was behind it.

"Uhh..." She began, but fell silent as he extended his hand for hers again. She slipped her hand into his and gave Ignotus a sheepish bow of her head. If he payed attention closely to the air before him, he would see the water droplets begin to freeze into minuscule snowflakes, a reaction of Ariann's fear of both the men.

But she did not show it. Not on her face as she climbed the stairs with the sailor-guild man, not in her posture as she walked alongside him and not in her voice when she spoke. "Are you an important man mister... Hilste?" She asked, hesitating at her question.

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Voss on January 8th, 2014, 5:24 pm

Voss got the feeling the man was not only evading his questions, but also trying to brush him off politely. He gave a mental shrug, the man was important and there were a lot of merchant's to talk with.

“Eh, if I see her again I'll see if I can't convince her to come back here.” The young sailor said with a smile. Silently agreeing with the rest of the man's reasons and statements. Sure the food was extravagant, especially with how cramped for food zeltiva was. He didn't even remember a time when food wasn't rationed and he grew up in this place. But sometimes people should be able to forget about the hardships they faced and just have a bit of fun. It's why most people sang a lot of bawdy songs or drink kelp beer and get absolutely wasted afterall.

“No problem, I'll be glad to share a pint with you again if you got some more time though. Good luck talking with the other people here.” He said with a small wave as he went back to the food table, snacking on the foods as he looked around. He didn't see the limping man in the crowd at the moment. 'Probably should have asked his name at one point.' He thought as he looked around, the waveguards were still lauging and joking around. Maybe he could try and greet his future colleges. Always was nice to get to know more people in your job. He went their way. If anybody decided to talk to him however he would stop and chat.

oocSoo, if anybody wants to talk to Voss feel free to do so. If nobody does, I'm going to talk to the waveguard members :)
Voss
Player

Words: 30285
Joined roleplay: November 25th, 2013, 5:34 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Brom on January 12th, 2014, 4:10 pm

Brom had heard about the Denvali Party from quite a few sources so, naturally, he decided to go check it out. He ambled over to the entrance where two guards were stationed.

"Good day sirs." He could hear the laughter from outside the party. "This party seems to be quite the hit." Pulling out 5 Gold Mizas, he handed it to one of the guards. "Alright gentleman, excuse me while I go and make a fool of myself." And inside he went.

Brom saw only a few folks milling about. They were chatting with each other and nothing big was going on. 'What a lame party.' He thought to himself with much disappointment. Noticing the stairs in the back, he thought he might as well check what was going on above. He had heard too much noise coming from the party and it couldn't have just been these people. There had to be more.

He strolled up the steps, taking his time. 'No point in rushing. The night is still young.' Once Brom finally reached the top, he surveyed the battlefield. There were lots more people and some long tables filled with food. 'Well the best place to make friends is at the food table. People are usually happier when they get to stuff their faces.' Plus Brom was kinda hungry anyway.

He made his way over cutting through the think crowds, ducking under food plates, and dodging spilled drinks. He spotted a young sailor walking away from the food tables and decided he looked like a fun enough character to talk to.

Once more, he dodged through the crowd and reached the young sailor. They were still by the food tables but the sailor with a bandana covering his hair started moving away. Brom picked up some food from the table and without even turning around he started talking to the sailor.

"What a fine night it is. The red sky's are quite beautiful and give this place a much more extravagant feel. You should be happy young sailor. Red sky at night, sailors delight, red sky in morning, sailors warning." Speaking rather loudly so as to get his attention, Brom continued. "And why are you stationed here son? I've seen lots of other sailors. Are they part of your crew?" Finally turning around, he waited for his reply.
Brom
The Wanderer

Words: 5249
Joined roleplay: January 10th, 2014, 2:28 am
Character sheet

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on January 15th, 2014, 9:56 pm

Common Vani Nari
Gale rolled his eyes as the two started to near the end of the unforgiving, never-ending stair case. The idea of eating lots of food didn't really appeal to him much at the moment, for he wasn't up to eating a lot anyway. Though he'd been craving a good cup or two of Kelp Beer, so at least that was nice. He didn't have to pay for a decent drink.

Then his 'guide' started being nit picky about his words. Prick, scum, same difference. Does it really matter? If someone's a prick and if someone's a scum you still dislike them all the same. No need to be all picky about the exact title.

"Uh." The Zeltivan thought. "I don't recall saying that so I suppose I was just thinking out loud.." He mumbled running his lanky fingers through his hair. It seems that he had been doing that a lot recently... Thinking out loud. The crew had been catching him doing such as well. He should probably try to break that habit. After he broke the habit of biting his cheeks. And not sitting properly in a chair. And not to slouch. And to pour things without spilling it all the time... Maybe he can put it on the back burner for now...

Gale and the young sailor reached the top of the stairs and the blonde's green eyes scanned the room. The tables were loaded with numerous dishes and beverages and the crowd seemed to be of decent size. Good thing he wasn't one of the few who decided to show up. The boy instantly rushed over to the nearest table, and although not in much hurry, Gale followed, eying the different platters. Despite the lad's word and how delectable the dishes looked, the new sailor passed on the food and grabbed a set mug of Kelp Beer. The man took a large gulp of the salty drink with a happy grin and sigh, tasting the fish flavoured alcohol running down his throat. "Hey, what are you calling a shyke mood? Maybe I always act this way." Which was starting to gradually become true, actually. The whole annoying crew gig was starting to really tug on his last nerves, and Gale had been up on ends about nearly everything because of it as of late. Who knows, maybe he'd end up being the grumpy old man everyone always told him he would be if he didn't lighten up. He certainly was acting like a grumpy old hag.

But once that had been said, the young man left the artist to himself, for apparently there was someone he wanted to see. " Well thanks for the help!" He hollered after half sarcastically, though it was clear that the boy didn't hear him, for no response was given. Gale rolled his eyes again,"Kids." With that, the sailor chugged the rest of the mug.

Once partially slamming the empty mug on the table and glancing around, Gale noticed a familiar face, in which he smiled and called,"Richard!" Of course, he didn't catch the father's attention. However, he did have a few bystanders, who were closer to him, glance hi direction. Yet again, Gale rolled his eyes with a sigh, deciding to refill his mug before going over and joining the bear of a man and his wife.

The artist took a few paces down the table to reach the large bowl that contained the Kelp Beer. Now, Gale typically would have just set his empty mug down and taken one of the other mugs that was also prepared, however, he couldn't see any more mugs, for all the ones on the table were either empty or partially drunk. So he grabbed the large spoon within the bowl and scooped a spoonful of the drink. Though, despite his best efforts, some of the beverage spilled onto the table, and the man sighed irritably. He snatched a small hand towel off the end of the table and slapped it onto the small puddle before moving on his way.

The Zeltivan limped through the crowd in attempts to spot Ricky again, though it wasn't entirely hard to spot one of the only woman in the room holding her child. And where you would find said woman, you'd find the papa bear. Gale quickly walked over to Telion and Ricky.

"Hey Richard! Telion!" He came up to them with a smile. "You two decided to join the party as well then, huh?"
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on January 16th, 2014, 4:44 am

With the party ongoing it was only bound to be a short amount of time before young Martin finally stirred, thus the eighty-six days old baby finally opened his tired eyes and stirred within Telion's arms. Already familiar with his parents the child showed a bit of energy in his motions as he reached his arms out with a smile, both Ricky and Telion easily found smiles on their faces as they greeted the awakened child. "'ey son! Did ya just wake up from a long nap? Did someone just wake up t' see 'is parents?!" Ricky cooed as Martin responded with a short laugh, Telion held him over for Ricky to carefully cradle in his arms while she took a break from holding the child. She was a bit thirsty after all and the amount of work it took to look after a baby did wear one down after all. Still Martin showed much interest in the man that claimed to be his father, and knew Ricky genuinely by the sound of his voice rather quickly after birth.

"By de Gods ye growin' already, almost a season ago ye were such a tiny lad." He remembered well the first time he got to hold Martin, the incredible overwhelming sense of love and devotion he felt changed his life very much so. He and Telion both couldn't be anymore happier nowadays, even if he'd been dealing with a memory of his past. While he stood up to pace around before Telion he kept his eyes on Martin, and continued to playfully speak with the boy until the voice of another cut into the tranquility the father found himself in. It was the godfather of their son that approached them, Gale who seemed more so busy nowadays just as Ricky had. There had been a few moments where the artist got to see Martin before, but tonight it seems he may even have the chance to actually hold his Godson for the first time.

"'ey Gale, so great t' see ya again!" Ricky greeted him warmly but still rather softly, still cautious as though louder sounds would break the wonderfully fragile thing in his arms. "Keep yer voice a wee low mate, Martin ain't fully used t' loud noises yet." He notioned to the artist with a friendly grin while he brought the baby up to his shoulder, Telion didn't waste any time in greeting Gale in a proper family form of manner of course. She had watched Ricky with nothing but joyous grins as she loved to see Ricky play with Martin, and more so enjoyed the way both father and son seem to react to one anohter during the process. Yet with Gale finally present before her she felt the need to give him a snug hug, although it was more loose due to the limping she witnessed.

"So good t' finally see you again Gale, y'look well considering what you been through." Of course she remembered well that night when Gale had to be carried to the infirmary, Ricky did good in helping their beloved friend and even took it to heart too. Nowadays Gale was one of the many recurring thoughts of the fisherman, as they both wondered what the artist has been up to time and time again. Still upon seeing the godfather she smiled with a warm greeting, and stood by Ricky whilst he took the turn to speak next.

"'ey, 'ow many times do Oi need t' tell ya its Ricky. Ricky or Rick mate." Of course he had to nag Gale about his name after knowing the man for as long as he did, still he held Martin to where the godfather could see the child, and Martin watched the world around him with curiosity. "Anyways whatch'a been up t' lately, been busy wi' art projects or somethin' lately?" Ricky inquired of his close friend as he gently bounced the baby, deep eyes switched between Martin and Gale on occasion.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gale Austin McCenry on February 22nd, 2014, 3:03 am

Common Vani Nari
Gale's smile was a wide one, and he shared it with all three of the Maze's,"Haha! It is always great to see you guys too." He laughed but was quickly hushed so he didn't scare baby Martin,"Oh, sorry." He frowned, gritting his teeth together in a sign of apology before lowering his tone. The green eyes watched the new child affectionately with a soft smile, remembering all the worry that Ricky suffered through to just be able to see little Martin. But Telion was quick to greet him as well and Gale didn't hesitate to give the same friendly greeting in return,"I could say the same to you Telion." He laughed in a joking manner, though the laugh was quite a bit quieter though, thanks to the effort Gale put into it so he didn't wake Martin. But the joke was still there, referring to childbirth, of course. Whether it brought a smile to anyone else's face or not, Gale didn't care. That was his first attempt to crack a joke since...erm... since forever, so it seems.

That sailor turned back to Ricky as he was lectured, like many times before, about calling him Richard. Which was funny, for Gale typically didn't like calling people by their nicknames yet Richard in itself is like a nicknames since Ricky was his real name. But it didn't matter he supposed, Gale was stubborn and Ricky should know by now that he likely wasn't going to change his mind about what he called him. "Only once more, as always." He cracked another smile.

"Um, I would not exactly say that." Gale shook his head, glancing at Telion, unsure if Ricky had spoken to her about what had happened this season. For she could have just been referring to Kendhl and the entire last season dedicated to recovery. "Kutless has been keeping me busy with work around the ship and such, though I have been trying to get back into drawing." He looked at his free hand, moving to the stubs and the two standing fingers. He sighed, though it wasn't sad by any means. Just merely a sigh. " But work is work, right?" He gave a slight shrug.

After taking another swig of the Kelp Beer in his hand, the artist looked at Martin with yet another smile, noting how fast the baby boy was growing. "Wow, he is so big already. How have you guys been handling it all? Alright I presume?" He inquired. He would be surprised if they weren't handling it well, for he was sure they would call him if they needed help, and they hadn't asked him for any assistance all season.
Gale Austin McCenry
McPainty

Words: 701701
Joined roleplay: May 6th, 2012, 2:25 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Artist (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Overlored (1) Trash Medal (1)

PreviousNext