Flashback Old Innocence [Ricky]

Anna enjoys the peace of the beach as Winter comes to an end, meeting a young Ricky.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

Old Innocence [Ricky]

Postby Annalisa Marin on July 22nd, 2013, 4:18 am

74th of Winter, 504 AV

The morning air was chilly but not unbearably so as Anna walked up the length of the small beach. The young twelve year old was counting her steps as she walked, sometimes making impressions in the wet sand with her bare feet. The wave were also chilly as they lapped gently at her feet, however it was a soothing kind of chilly. The child loved times like this as well as the freedom her parents allowed her, she was simply enjoying her own relaxation. The winter was coming to an end, how she longed for it to be completely over. She wanted to lay in the sand with a warm sun above her head and simply stare at the clouds, today was not that day but it would come soon.

Anna stopped walking and turned fully to Matthews Bay, her grey eyes looking curiously to the horizon. She wonder on some days what adventures were beyond the horizon, what exotic places existed there. One day she was going to find out, she knew she would. After she became the greatest student at the University Anna was going to travel the world and amaze all with her knowledge. After all, she would know everything by then.

The young child pulled at her neat ponytail, put in place by her mother lovingly and with care. A slight smile born of childish dreams and innocence tugged at her lips. She would need companions for such a journey of course, people who were not quite as smart as her but were strong and skilled in their own way. It would happen, eventually, she knew it in her heart and in her dreams.

She picked up a long stick, appraising its weight with a gleam in her eyes. The girl swung its experimentally, already in her own little fantasy as she battled pirates and bandits with her imaginary weapon. It was a little lonely doing it alone, but still she continued hacking away at the air. It was fun to simply be a child.

After a little bit she stopped, breathing a little unevenly as she dropped the stick and gazed back out at the bay again. She wanted to have adventures, but that would mean leaving mother and father behind. Maybe they would come with her when she became the greatest scholar in Zeltiva and a master swordswoman. Until that day all she had was her dreams of the future and a child's fantasy.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Old Innocence [Ricky]

Postby Ricky Maze on July 22nd, 2013, 6:27 am

Ir had been the perfect morning for an early run throughout Zeltiva, which is more then what Ricky could bargain for considering his stamina wasn't as boundless as the furry companion that ran with him throughout the city. Thankfully the cool kiss of Winter's cruel breath was a favorable one this time of the season, the fisherman hardly had to worry about sweating so much that he would have to washup and change clothes. However his leg muscles would still complain later on after he returned back to the old shack he had near the docks, nevertheless he was happy to call the place his home. Even if it had so many memories. Memories of a father that was there once but now gone, never again returning even though Ricky had hopes such a turnout were possible. Odis had been a crazy pup since the day they met, but the dog had a knack for obediance at least. He a smart and loyal companion that overall started to be Ricky's best friend, even though the two had a rough edgy start in the beginning.

As Ricky and Odis jogged along the shores of Zeltiva he intended to simply follow the shoreline and make a u-turn back into the city. From there here would wind up homebound to call it a morning and go about his usual business as a local fisherman, however a certain someone Ricky didn't see in his peripheral vision while he jogged came to the attention of the young dog. A girl who had immersed herself into a world of day dreams and imaginations, and sure enough the dog took interest in her as she waved around the large toy stick he wanted. So Odis did what he does best, he let his canine curiosity take over and darted over to the girl. "Odis, whaddya doin?!" Ricky called out in his pants as he tried to catch the dog, however Odis had already went a bit further than Ricky could reach. All he could do now was see who he was headed for, and try to apologize. "Barnicle shyke." He muttered between his breath's, as tired leg muscles refused to go faster then the jog he forced upon them.

"Odis boy, don't be a bother now!" Ricky sounded a bit firm as though he were commanding, but he was more relaxed and complacent in body language. Probably because he was to exhausted to play the role of pack leader, admittedly enough Odis still listened to the words of his master and slowed his excited approach to her. A curious happy expression on the puppy dog's face as he panted over toward the girl, with a slobbery dangly tongue at best with a wagging tail. "Sorry 'bout that, I promise ya he's a friendly boy." Ricky assured her as he finally came close to Odis and the girl with squinted eyes, the sweat on his brow caused them to slightly burn in irritation as he approached. He had worn his vest since he went for an exercise, so of course the sheen of sweet could be seen on his chest as well. Thankfully the coolness iin the air would help air out the heat in his body, and he wouldn't smell as bad as he feared from the run.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Old Innocence [Ricky]

Postby Annalisa Marin on July 31st, 2013, 2:42 am

OOCI did the unthinkable, I decided to try my hand at giving Anna an accent. I figure the Uni will have beaten that out but it still sounds ridiculous. It was most likely an awful idea...

Anna turned as someone called out over the beach and noticed a dog running towards her with its tongue hanging out freely, a young man calling out to it. A smile was quick to find its way to her face, her parents weren't the animal types but she loved them. Cats were her preference but dogs were alright as well, enough for her to accept the dog with open arms, setting the stick aside. The dark haired girl giggled as the dog licked her face, he was so cute. She began to pet the dog with great enthusiasm, happy to have met so friendly an animal.

The young girl hugged the dog, her grey eyes following the young man as he hurried up to her with a quick apology. She stood and offered him a grin and a wink.

"Nothin' to worry about. He's real friendly." Anna said, her accent easily noticeable.

He looked to be either near adulthood or in its early stages if Anna was to be the judge of these things. The young girl picked up her stick and offered the man a toothy grin, her mothers recent 'talk' about remembering her manners surfacing a moment later. The man might be a stranger but his dog seemed friendly enough and he seemed polite.

"My names Annalisa Marin, you can call me Anna though mister. Please to be meetin' ya." She said with a slight curtsy.

Satisfied the greeting would please her mother Anna looked back and forth between the man and his dog. Idly she wondered if she should ask or if it was a silly idea. Then again, she had done her fair share of silly things in the past, they didn't seem like something the greatest student would do but she wasn't quite there yet. Besides it wasn't every day she got the chance to play with a dog.

"Ya mind if I throw the stick fer yer dog?" The girl asked with a bit of childlike enthusiasm.

She was feeling a bit lonely, playing all alone was no real fun and the young man seemed nice enough so far. Her grey eyes possessed a pleading edge to them, like a child asking really nicely for a toy to their parents. Adults never seemed to have time for her, her parents always worked really hard and while they did the best they could it seemed like they only possessed a bit of time for their daughter. She did not begrudge them for it but it was a little lonely playing alone.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Old Innocence [Ricky]

Postby Ricky Maze on July 31st, 2013, 9:14 am

oocHaha! We all gotta start somewhere, strangely enough Ricky's accent is already beginning to change a bit as well. We all gotta start somewhere though. ;)

"Heh, she likes dogs well enough." Ricky had to admit Odis was a magnet for socializing, the dog couldn't help himself when it came to the chance of playing with a new person in his sight and Ricky in general just found it hard to keep up with him. "Heh, well Anna it's a pleasure to meet ya. Me name's Ricky, and this here be me boy Odis." He quirked as he knelt down to be eye level with the girl, he had to admit she was rather adorable for her age. Being a single man with nothing but his trade to tie him to the city, Ricky planned to one day have a family to call his own that involved kids. He loved them and wanted to have his own very much.

"Oh, ya wanna play with Odis for a bit eh?" He looked to the dog as he enjoyed the attention she fed him, and sure enough he figured what harm was there in doing so. Of course Odis had endless amounts of energy to run off and Ricky on the other hand did not, so this was a rather beneficial opportunity for the fisherman to invest in all the same. Odis looked to his master with a pleading expression as well, he knew Anna wanted the chance to play thus wanted to play with her as well. Ricky chuckled a bit with a pleased smile on his face right after, knowing that his choice had been made before he even thought it out. "I don't see why I can't rest f'r a few chimes while the two of ya's play together, Odis has a lot of energy so I think ye'd do us both a favor and tire 'em out before he gets home." He assured her with a nod and another chuckle, a few scoots back to give them room as Odis bounced around with barks of excitement. Ricky would take a seat on the sand and watch as the two played, this had been indeed the perfect opportunity to catch his breath and rest up.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Old Innocence [Ricky]

Postby Annalisa Marin on August 8th, 2013, 8:52 pm

OOCSorry if I crossed any lines by describing Odis' actions. If I did so, let me know. :)

Anna grinned ear to ear, committing the man's name to memory and his dog's as well. He was nice enough to let her play with his dog, which in turn would help stave off any loneliness she had been feeling as of late. The girl hefted the stick at the man's invitation, excited to have something to play with.

"Thank ya, mister Ricky, I promise not ta wear him out too much." The girl said.

The girl turned to Odis and began to pet his head with a smile, this was going to be fun. She waved the stick about for the dog to look at, when she noted that she had his full attention the girl drew back her arm and tossed it as far as she could. The next movement from the corner of her eye was a complete blur as the energetic dog sped off after the stick, a second later Anna herself chased after the dog.

While she herself did not lack for energy, catching up to Odis was rather futile. It seemed as though he possessed enough energy for five dogs his age, Anna wondered if she'd be able to keep up. The dog reached the sticky well before the girl did and was quick to meet her half way. This was going to be a fair bit of challenge to keep up with this dog. The stubborn little girl liked a challenge.

She stuck her tongue in her cheek and hefted the stick again, drawing her arm as far back as she could before bringing it forward again and throwing it. As soon as it left her fingers he was off again, with her trying vainly to keep up. One thing was for sure, this dog really liked to play.

Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Old Innocence [Ricky]

Postby Ricky Maze on August 16th, 2013, 6:36 am

"Heh, play as much as the two o' ya like." Ricky nodded with a chuckle, amusement in his eyes as he watched the girl hurl the stick. He took a seat on the sand and watched contentfully as both Anna and Odis took off for the stick, it was rather fun and peaceful to watch as the two played together. "rark, rark rark!" The dog cheered as he charged off for the stick, Anna determined to give him a challenge. Another chuckle couldn't stay back from Ricky as he relaxed during his watch, he had to admit Odis made a great family pet more than anything. Though he hasn't own the dog for very long, he had definitely found Odis a close friend to have by now. The mutt managed to reach the stick before Anna and run around her energetically, he playfully challenged her for a game of tug and war until she could manage to reclaim it.

"Definitely look forward t' seein' how he takes care o' a family in the long run." He mused as he allowed the moisture of the late winter air to cool his body, his body had no more sweat finally although his clothes still held their dampness. Though his mucles made their pain known their aches lessened as he rested, all while he watched the two of them play about with ease in mind.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Old Innocence [Ricky]

Postby Ariann on March 16th, 2014, 8:01 pm

Grades!

Congratulations! The following records the grades all you wonderful people have recieved! Good job! ^_^

Congrats, Annalisa!
Annalisa :
Annalisa

Running+1 SP

Lores:
Memories - Longing for Sun
Memories - Playing Fetch
People - Little Ricky and His Dog, Odis

Congrats, Ricky!
Ricky :
Ricky

Running+1 SP

Lores:
Memories - Trying to Catch Up
Memories - Younger Odis, Energetic Furball
People - Annalisa Marin, Enthusiastic Child

I am SO sorry for how long it took to get this graded! T_T Between the internet issue I have, my lack of prolonged attention and a bunch of other stuff, I kept forgetting about this thread! It is not a good example to set at all and I am terribly sorry for making the both of you wait so long. I really hope neither of you are angry with me over this :(

If there is any issues with the points I have given, or if you think you deserve More/Different Lores, then feel free to PM me! I will rectify the issue ASAP, if I am indeed incorrect. ^_^ Have a nice day!

Unfortunately, I am not going to be able to play Ariann until my life stabilizes. Sorry in advance to whoever ends up loosing out on threads because of this :\

I am now an official Grader of Mizahar! Happy squeals for all! ^_^ I will be focusing primarily on Zeltiva, but if another region needs cleaning up, let me know! I have a TON of free-time and I always enjoy reading other's threads!

[Unrelated] "(╯ಠωಠ)╯︵ ┻━┻ I quit!"

(Signature courtesy of the awesome Shausha!)
Ariann
Fish Out Of Water.

Words: 94839
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2013, 10:13 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)