Adelaide's Vlog (Warning: Rambling)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains a new feature for Mizahar - Videos and Vblogs! Feel free to post your Videos, vblogs, chats, and comments here. Find us on Youtube under WritersRPG!

Postby Adelaide Sitai on August 8th, 2014, 1:48 pm

Bonjour and welcome to my Vlog!

Greetings and Salutations!

Welcome to my attempt to make a vlog, starting poorly with a bad quality camera and sound but, hey, I'm not at home right now... I'm floating somewhere in France (And I did try to improve the quality - that's why I took it down and put it back up again) I'm not usually the type to jump on bandwagons but, then again, I despise of deliberate contrariness, so I was quite happy to make this. Especially after being encouraged to by certain members of chat - so they should be blamed for this rather than me. :) But hey, I even made a special template for the occasion!

Feel free to post comments and not to take everything I say too seriously. Also, I apologise for the silly noises I sometimes make. This was really rambled and I look like I haven't slept in days (which isn't so far off the truth) but if I get questions, then next time - if there is a next time - I will be able to structure everything better.
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Estrellir Konrath on August 8th, 2014, 1:54 pm

Not like you haven't slept, but rather slightly tipsy. Whatever it is, I greatly enjoyed this! Ade is a very interesting personality. I had no idea you really put so much thought into her, but once you talked about it, it became quite obvious.

Here's a question (or two): What kinds of magic would Ade be interested in and why? Also, what kinds of magic would you like her to learn?

And yes, I already watched it this morning, but when I wanted to comment, it was gone. :<
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Aoren on August 9th, 2014, 1:52 pm

I liked your original avatar! I thought it was delightfully different and was one of the reasons I was so intrigued by the character. I suppose I can understand the stigma though.

Anywho! Questions!

1.) What genre of theatre does Adelaide enjoy writing about most?

2.) What are Adelaide's current views on slavery? I know you touched on the fact that she is a slave owner and doesn't have much of a problem with it but what would she think about in the off chance she ever actually sat down and just observed slaves at work?

3.) What's Adelaide's favorite fabric to work with in her sewing?

4.) Do you ever see Adelaide aspiring to supplant any of her relatives to gain more influence in her Dynasty?

That's all for now!

-Aoren
Aoren
Of things long forgotten...

Words: 1240868
Joined roleplay: August 27th, 2012, 4:26 am
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Adelaide Sitai on September 6th, 2014, 4:52 pm

Hola and welcome back to my Vlog!

So it took me a while to get around to it, but here's my second vlog, with a bad quality camera (again) and sound but, after all, the image is not the important bit. The sound is. In a way, the fact that it's bad quality is a blessed relief because both me and my room look even more of a mess when the quality is better.

Feel free to post comments and not to take everything I say too seriously. In fact, don't take anything seriously. I speak in jest an awful lot of the time.

PS: I actually sort of pronounce "Coryphee" wrong. It's, like, "Cory-fay" in English. I blame my French side though because, in French, it actually is "Coryphée".
Adelaide Sitai
It is easier to look the other way...

Words: 331327
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2013, 4:10 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Estrellir Konrath on September 7th, 2014, 4:05 pm

Another great vlog! I don't even mind the length, somehow the way you talk and of course the content keeps me interested.

Your room really is a mess, but I love the clothing and random hat in the background. It's a pretty hat!

Also, you should sing something (preferably in French!) to prove that you can actually sing better than that brief thing in the vid. :P

And another pair of questions: What kind of play would Ade write? I'd love an example with cast and plot and all, maybe something you want to use in a future training thread. Also, please talk about one play you have written/are writing (only if you want to). I find that really fascinating mainly because there are so few people who choose to write drama rather than prose.
Estrellir Konrath
She Who Finds What Was Lost

Words: 338742
Joined roleplay: September 13th, 2013, 8:24 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on September 9th, 2014, 2:12 am

Very nice! Watching your first vlog I thoroughly enjoyed how your personality shone through, and you definitely did good with sharing more about Adelaide as a character when it came to answering Aoren's questions. :P
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Timothy Mered on December 20th, 2014, 4:50 pm

Hey there Adelaide! You must be busy, but I'll tear all your pretty theater pieces to bits if you don't make more vlogs!

On a more serious note, I really like your accent. It's sort of between posh and proper British English with a little French joie de vivre thrown in.

In any case, I wouldn't be here if I didn't have questions for you:

First and foremost, I am really curious as to how Adelaide truly perceives slavery. Is she really indifferent to it or has she simply numbed to it?

Secondly, what would be Adelaide's ultimate goal? You talk alot about how acting could get her further in terms of political power, but to what end would she wield that power? Would she like to rule over Kenash?

Thirdly, if given the rule over Kenash, what would she do with it? Would she try to change things or would she allow everything to remain the same?

Lastly, what is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
Timothy Mered
Determined

Words: 296697
Joined roleplay: June 10th, 2014, 1:43 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Medals: 1
Featured Character (1)