PM to join [Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Fish vs Mudball (Ball)

Ball tries to teach M'wanii how to fight.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Anthonius Fighter's Pit] Fish vs Mudball (Ball)

Postby Ball on June 12th, 2014, 4:27 pm

OOCBlegh. Short post, sorry >.<

Ball pointed to the Charoda, “She. As.Ka.To.Ter.An.” ['She asked to train.'] The squire turned his 'gaze' up towards his patron, “So. I. Ter.An.Er.” ['So I train her.'] Looking back once more at the Charoda,”Stu.Pid. Fuh.Ish.Py.Con,” ['Stupid Fish Pycon,'] Ball smirked and chuckled, “Gah.Ta.Bee.Ta.Up.Pah.By.Eur.Tha.” ['Got beat up by earth.'] Yes, the squire just called himself earth.

Shrugging the Pycon fell silent, there was no more to speak... There was no need to speak more after that, he said his share of the story, and whether the Charoda or Ser Pycon want to contradict his facts the clay squire had no reason to deny them the ability to do so.

Stupid Fish Pycon want to get me in trouble. She asked to trained, she asked me to train. Should've looked around first, should've asked questions, should've spoke to someone else. She asked, I obliged. I was doing my duty. Wasn't I? The pycon frowned, he asked himself a question he could not answer himself. “I. Wah.Uz.Do.Ing. Mah. Doo.Tee.” ['I was doing my duty.'] “I. Tha.Ink.” ['I think.'] Those words he just spoke showed that he himself wasn't very sure whether he was doing his duty or not. He was just asked to train her...

And I did train her. Or did I take it to far? He looked at her and the area they were in. It was a humid location, even his small body was sweating as the moisture over-saturated his body he caused him to involuntary push out the excess fluid from his body. Ugh. Show no weakness. Ball forced himself to stand taller, wishing he was outside of this room with Imass enjoying the cooler less humid air.

Created goes to EuthisaImage
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby M'Wanii on July 28th, 2014, 4:25 pm

OOCWoot! I think I'm done here guys. Have you two reply and then off to grading?

The knight's question hadn't come as a surprise, M'wanii had already been trying to figure out the answer for herself ever since they had left the Pits. Why had thing gotten so out of control? It was probably the surprise attack that started it then she had lost her temper which made it equally both their faults. Maybe if she had kept her cool they wouldn't be in this situation at all. Sighing the amphibian moved to answer the knight but was beaten to it by the man's squire.

The clay man really did have a funny way of taking, she was having to listen extra carefully to fully understand anything he said. Nodding along as he stated that she had wanted him to train her, the amphibian visibly bristled at his fish comment. She was not in anyway a fish. She had no scales, no gills and no tail. So why the fish comments? Land dwellers made no sense. Did everything that came out of the sea automatically become fish to them? Puffing out her checks in annoyance, M'Wanii patiently waited for her turn to speak, taking it hastily when it came.

“Found that even peaceful land dwellers be violent. So if on land I need learn defend me or I get beat up.”

The amphibian shrugged, she wasn't an idiot, continuing on blissfully expecting the land to be like the ocean would only get her killed. She had needed to learn how to fight and asking the pycon had seemed like the best option at the time. A being, M'wanii had foolishly deemed as weak as her, a mistake she wouldn't make again. Still, it had been worth it the Charoda decided, the land was really quite a strange place. Hopefully this would be the first step of many in her understanding of its ways.

“Asked Squire to train me as been said but got bit out of control. But still good. Learn many things.”

She honestly had, even if they mainly consisted of 'small clay people are not to be messed with' and 'Pycons are ankle breakers'. Either way she had yet to thank him for the 'lesson' . Smiling the charoda quickly picked up her bag and closed the distance between her and her trainer. Crouching down, webbed fingers lightly stroked the little clay man on what she assumed was his head. She tried to be as gentle as possible the squire least she hurt him, his clay seemed to have become fairly soft in the humid room.

“Thank you very lots, Squire Pycon. You did good. Maybe not so hard next time?”

Giggling at whatever her trainer's response was, she stood and turned her attention to the knight. Her first reaction was to repeat the head rub but somehow it didn't seem right doing it on a tall, muscular armour covered man. Changing her mind, her lips made only the barest contact with the knight's cheek. It was over and done with with in ticks though she had had to stand on her tip toes to reach.

“Also thank you very lots, Ser Markus. Pycon have good knight to look up to, me thinks.”

Mildly embarrassed by her actions, M'wanii didn't stick about. Exiting the room quickly, she made her way purposely towards the reception desk. Today had been an interesting affair but right now all she really wanted was a nice long soak. Ivis, no doubt, would have a few jokes to make about her entrance but she could ignore him easily enough. Rising steam calling her onwards, the sea dweller broke into a grin as the man in question came into view.
Char Common Fratava
ImageImageImage
14/9 threads
M'Wanii
Landdwellers are strange people

Words: 70579
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2013, 10:33 pm
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Power Fork (1)

Postby Markus Andres on September 15th, 2014, 7:20 pm

Markus looked to Ball when he was the first to respond to the question posed. As always Markus didn't like the broken common and he didn't like he was understanding what he was saying with decreasing trouble for each day he heard the squire speak. It was something man was not meant to learn to understand. An involuntary smile came across Markus' lips when Ball stopped talking. That insecurity in what he had just spoken added credibility to his statement, at least to Markus. That he had said what he had seen happen, which from Markus view point had been him training the other, if the dolphin-frog had been a well-armoured and trained knight, not a civilian seeking a 101 in self defence. Ball had many qualities, holding back was not one of them. Training had gotten out of hand, their statements seemed to support this claim. At least neither had gone in with the explicit purpose of injuring the other. Ball he knew had a problem holding back, something they needed to work on. Markus rubbed his chin as the dolphin-frog continued talking. Offering praise to Ball. He had perhaps misjudged this amphibian creature - didn't seem to hold a grudge at all. Which boded well for 'her' future endeavours on land. Especially in Syliras. Even if she did look like a monster.

Markus who knew the usual look of Ball could also see the change in the squire. Wetter than usual and almost visibly pushing out water before straightening himself to a more acceptable pose. Markus liked that change in the squire. Liked that he cared about his appearance enough to emit strength and stability and give an air of honour to their profession. Markus did not entertain the following thoughts that pointed out to himself that it was still a lump of earth.

At least neither harbourers a grudge for the other. An honest mistake and I'll have to talk to Ball about holding back in the future. I hope this, thing - got a better view of the above world. Although I'd be lying to myself if I denied never wanting to see their race again.

Markus gave a nod and a smile to the 'woman' as she thanked him for his help and even called him a good role model for Ball to look up to. Markus knew he had his trouble with the ideal of a knight. Failed in many aspects required of him. But he was damned if he didn't at least try to live up to the demands he put on himself. Like helping this woman despite her strange race. Markus wiped his forehead to wipe away some of the sweat produced by the humidity. The creature before him was perhaps the only one in a halfway pleasant place for her race.

"Thank you, and I hope you have a pleasant stay in Syliras." Markus responded as the creature got up and made her way out of the room. Markus was a little taken aback by her sudden disappearance that he spent several long ticks staring at the door. Before diverting his gaze to Ball by the door. "So Ball, will you dissolve into a puddle of mudd if we stay here?" Markus asked, a little rhetorical as he moved to leave the place. "Don't worry, you're not in trouble. It was an accident. But do try to hold back when sparring." Markus went to the door and glanced at his squire again. "Go get Imass something to eat, you're dismissed." Markus said as he left the room. Gave a farewell nod to the dolphin-frog as he moved past her for the exit.
Markus Andres
The OTK

Words: 1104443
Joined roleplay: September 14th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Katelyn Marks on November 15th, 2014, 8:06 pm

Due Rewards

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

M'wanii

Skill EXP
Observation +5
Unarmed Combat +1
Brawling +1
Acrobatics +1
Socialization +5
Endurance +1

Lores

➢ Location: Anthonius Fighter's Pit
➢ Ball: Male or Female?
➢ Ball: A Merciless Fighter
➢ Ball: A Pycon
➢ Ball: Squire of Markus Andres
➢ Unarmed Combat: Taking a Hit
➢ Pycons: Made of Clay
➢ Markus Andres: Syliran Knight
➢ Markus Andres: Patron Knight of Ball

Ball

Skill EXP
Unarmed Combat: Pyken +4
Observation +5
Acrobatics +2
Escape Artist +1
Socialization +3
Riding: Dog +1
Animal Husbandry +1
Endurance +1

Lores

➢ M'wanii: Weak Ankles
➢ M'wanii: Born in Charbosi
➢ Charoda: Cartilage Skeletons

Shield Points: +4 for training, +1 for patron in thread, -2 for being unnecessarily cruel/rough with M'wanii

Markus

Skill EXP
Observation Maxed
Intimidation +2
Investigation +2
Socialization +5

Lores

➢ Ball: An Unpredictable Squire
➢ M'wanii: Dolphin-frog
➢ M'wanii: Looks like Shyke
➢ M'wanii: Charoda
➢ M'wanii: Born in Charbosi
➢ Charoda: Lightweight Creatures
➢ Charoda: Cartilage Skeletons

Shield Points: +5 for helping M'wanii

Comments

Note :
This one was a doozy! I liked it though. Ball and M'wanii, you both had me laughing during your fight, and when Markus came along I felt bad for you. Ball, you were mean to poor M'wanii! So were you Markus! Goodness, I hope you're both not the human race's representation when Charoda all over the world think of us. Luckily you both did good by helping her in the end.

M'wanii, I couldn't give you much at all in the way of combat experience so I'm sorry. All she really did was swat at him, etc. so I did what I could.

If any of you have any concerns about your grades please feel free to message me.
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous