Location [Location] Lord of Council's Office

For Job Requests and other administrative things!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

[Location] Lord of Council's Office

Postby Perplexity on January 8th, 2015, 9:03 pm

Tranaris gave Ravenna a nod. He took her application in hand adding his signature to the bottom. With a few short flourishes he finalized it then filed it away in his seemingly endless stack of papers.

"My dear there is an opening at Laviku's Figurehead if you are interested in woodcarving." He withdrew a fresh sheet of paper jotting down a few notes before signing it. He folded it in half handing it to the young woman.

"Take that missive to Master Haigen. He will see to it that your skills are put to good use." With that Tranaris gave her a nod and a smile before returning to his work.

Ravenna, Please Read! :
Your storyteller secrets thread has been updated to reflect your employment. For your information...

Profession: Woodcarver
Relevant Skill: Carving (Competent)
Wage: 7 GM/day
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Ulric Everard on January 14th, 2015, 3:47 am

It was almost routine to Ulric at this point to go in to the Lord of Council's office to renew his job as a Fisherman every once in a while. Ulric quickly approached the desk of the assistant here in the office and was greeted with the serious tone of the worker, "Welcome to the Lord of Council's office. How may we help you today?"

It was the standard greeting of the workers here at the office, and one that Ulric had heard it many times. "I'm 'ere fer a job application, I'm lookin' to maintain my job as a fisherman." Ulric replied, in an almost scripted way, the thing you here from someone who has said the same thing many times. "Of course, Of course. Here you go then." He took the paper that was handed to him, and filled it out quickly. Handing it back without a word.

Profession: Fisherman
Wage: 4 GM Base +2 GM for competence in Fishing skill 6 GM total
Applicable Skills: Fishing 26, Food Preservation 8
Location of Employment: The Docks
Last edited by Ulric Everard on January 17th, 2015, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ulric Everard
Player

Words: 15463
Joined roleplay: January 13th, 2015, 1:21 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Halvar Frostfawn on January 14th, 2015, 10:21 pm

If it weren't for his obligation to regularly remind the city of his employment, Halvar doubted he would ever visit the Lord Council's office. Still, it was a necessary chore, and he wasted no time approaching one of the office assistant's desks.
"Welcome to the Lord Council's Office, how may we help you today?" The man was balding, with narrow eyes and wiry fingers. There was an obvious note of boredom in his voice as he recited the greeting, no doubt he was sick of it.
"I need the job application form," Halvar replied flatly, eager to be out of the place as soon as possible. The assistant raised one thin eyebrow at Halvar's tone, but didn't make a point of it. Without looking, the man reached into a drawer before withdrawing a single piece of paper.
"Fill this out, please," he said, handing Halvar the appropriate document.
"Thank y-" Halvar cut his thanks short when he realised the assistant had completely lost interest, his attention having returned to the notes he had scribbled out in front of him. Shrugging slightly, Halvar took the liberty of borrowing a pen from the man's desk, and proceeded to fill out his form.

Job Application :
Profession: Freelance Mercenary (Basic)
Wage: 2 GM/Day
Applicable Skills: Endurance (5), Weapon: Longsword (5), Unarmed Combat (5), Flux (5), Wilderness Survival (10), Weapon: Short Bow (5), Tactics (5)
Location of Employment: Contracts will be received through the Martial Society, though I suspect they won't be particularly flashy.
ImageImageImage

"Halvar's Words"
Halvar's Thoughts
"Other"

"Reimancers are an arrogant lot, really. 'Ladies love fireballs,' they say. Bah! Bet they've never been to Sunberth; whores there will give you the nastiest case of fireballs you've ever had." - An overheard story
Halvar Frostfawn
Mercenary. Woodsman. Storyteller.

Words: 26573
Joined roleplay: January 12th, 2015, 6:11 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Perplexity on January 21st, 2015, 11:46 pm

Zeltiva is always in need of its fine fishermen. Sadly, I do believe that there is going to be much difficulty this season for our brave sailors. You have a strong heart young man. The lives of this city are indebted to your hard work.” Tranaris spoke with the bravado of a well versed politician patting a laborer on the back. There was however some truth to what he said. Fishermen provided an undeniable service for the city. They were greatly respected if they played their cards right. The elder gentleman penned his signature at the bottom of the application before adding his seal to it in wax.

Ulric, Please Read! :
Howdy Ulric! I have created a Storyteller Secrets thread for you. It can be found at the following address:

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic55996.html

For your information, you are employed by the Sailor's Guild. Operating your own fishing business would require that you complete a Business Plan and actually open your own fishing business for self-employment otherwise the Zeltivan fish trade is dominated by the Sailor's Guild.

Profession: Fisherman
Wage: 6 GM (4 + 2 = 6)
Applicable Skills: Fishing 26
Location of Employment: The Sailors Guild, Docks of Zeltiva

A sellsword?” Tranaris gave Havlar a once over considering the man carefully for a moment. The elder gentleman tapped his chin before giving a slight shrug of his shoulders.

If you are certain that you don’t want to take up work with the Martial Society, then I suppose you have your reasons. Very well then.” He penned his signature at the bottom of the form before filing it away.

I’m certain you know the routine then, sir. Your work will be funneled through the Martial Society. Glamor and glory I’m sure. Right then, have a nice day!” He gave Havlar a nod before returning to his other duties.

Havlar, Please Read! :
Howdy! Your storyteller secrets thread has been updated with the following information...

Profession: Freelance Mercenary
Wage: 2 GM/Day
Applicable Skills: Weapon: Longsword (Novice)
Location of Employment: Contracts are funneled through the Martial Society of Zeltiva.

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Johanne on January 26th, 2015, 9:34 am

2nd Winter 514AV

Johanne, bewildered, fresh off the boat as it were, had known that despite all the distractions, the smells, the noises of a new city, what she needed first were two things: a place to sleep, and a way to pay for that place. She'd been able to find the Lord of Council's Office easy enough, the fellows at the World's End Grotto friendly enough to direct her here, but it was a whole other thing actually taking those first steps in.

Of course, it didn't help that she kept looking around for Joseph.

Shaking those thoughts from her head, she stepped into the office, admiring the lush surroundings, the beautiful plants thriving indoors, red against green, and moved straight for the older looking man at the desk.

"Tranaris...?" she read off the placard, waiting to gain his attention. "I'm looking for a job... my name is Johanne, I'm from Denval, originally... I am quite able in the art of tattooing, if you know of any place I might be able to be employed? Alternatively, I am able to make basic paper for books and scribes." Trailing off, a faint blush across her cheeks, the gangling twenty four year old waited for a response.

Job Application :
Profession: Tattoo artist
Wage: 4gm +2gm for competency
Applicable Skills: Competent tattooing (33)
Location of Employment: The Equinox
x
“For my part I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of the stars makes me dream.”
Vincent Van Gogh
Johanne
These scars are stories.

Words: 168999
Joined roleplay: September 2nd, 2012, 8:48 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Perplexity on January 31st, 2015, 4:55 pm

"The sailors of Zeltiva will certainly be happy for your services." Tranaris gave Johanne a strained smile. Whatever the man's reservations it was clear he wasn't very partial to tattoos. At any rate he accepted the young woman's application penning his signature to the bottom adding an official seal to it. When he was finished he jot down a note on a separate piece of parchment and handed it to her.

"Give that to the proprietor of the Equinox. He will see to it that your skills are put to good use." With that the elder gentleman returned to his work.

Johanne, Please Read! :
Your storyteller secrets have been updated to reflect your employment.

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Matthew on February 9th, 2015, 6:41 pm

The Harlot moved with a purpose, footsteps steady and graceful, well-dressed figure passing slowly through the elaborate reception area. A small nod was given in greeting to Tranaris, a gentleman Matthew was familiar with from his childhood years. How odd that the rotund human was still employed as the keeper. No matter. The form was accepted and quickly filled out; a business card attached to it as well.

Application :
Profession: Prostitute.
Wage: 1-4 gm, base.
Applicable Skills: Master at Seduction, Master at Socialization, Expert at Auristics and Expert at Hypnotism.
Location of Employment: Loveless.

"I have a special request, however." Matthew spoke softly, blue eyes intense, head tilting as he stared at the keeper. "From what I understand, the most expensive services at the Loveless are Premium Services for 3 silver miza a chime. To employ my services, she'll need to pay me at least 24 gold mizas a day. In return, she will offer an even more expensive option for the client than the Premium Services she currently offers. 8gm a chime to purchase Matthew Wayne. That is only 2gm more than the best whore in Sunberth, and I'm simply better than that particular whore. If she does this, I promise her that she will make more money than ever before. Much more." Another piece of paper was attached to the original application and the business card, completing the entire employment package. If the keeper had no other questions, Matthew would be on his way.

Last edited by Matthew on February 16th, 2015, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Perplexity on February 16th, 2015, 6:42 pm

Tranaris paused in his work to assess the young man who was making his way into the reception area. It was not often that Tranaris came across people that gave him pause. This particular man did. It was the eyes. As he accepted the application listening to the man’s request, Tranaris merely nodded. He didn’t bat an eye at the fact that the man was selling himself.

You won’t be working at Loveless, Matthew. Though I dare say, neither your mother nor your father would be pleased at your choice of profession.” Tranaris’s tone was conversational. He knew exactly who Matthew was. Then again, it was his job to know many things. Silently he pulled out an new sheet of parchment along with a red envelope. He took out an inkwell with blue ink in it and retrieved a golden quill pen. Whomever he was writing to was someone of importance. He took his time writing what appeared to be a letter before heating up a bar of blue wax allowing it to drip on the parchment. When it was close to cooling the secretary added his seal at the bottom before signing it. He folded the parchment up delicately then slipped it into the red envelope.

Go to East Street. That might seem a strange place but you’ll understand when you get there. You are going to a three story building half-way down the avenue. You’ll recognize the building by the steel door of its entrance. Knock twice. Do not leave. Do not try to enter. When the door opens hand this envelope to the guard immediately. The Madame will tend to you when she sees fit.” Extending the envelope to Matthew the secretary pulled it back for a moment meeting the dark haired man’s gaze.

And Matthew, whatever you do, show nothing and I mean nothing but your best.” With that the Seneschal returned to his work giving Matthew a dismissive wave.

Matthew, Please Read! :
Your storyteller secrets have been updated to reflect the follow information...

Profession: Prostitute
Wage: 24 GM (4+2= 6*2=12*2= 24)
Applicable Skill: Seduction (Master)
Location of Employment: A Touchy Subject, Zeltiva

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Fallon on March 2nd, 2015, 6:07 am

14th Spring 515AV
Morning

There was something satisfying about standing within a true structure of civilisation, a government building owned by a ruling body within a respectable city. She inhaled, smelling the air and the cool stone that encased it, the lingering scent of salt and polished wood tickling upon her senses. But that was not all that took her, there was that taste of opportunity, the world open before her in which to grasp upon and use. She exhaled then, letting the air rush out and the gloved had twitch - an element of excitement taking her as she stepped forward and through.

It was a fresh start, a new beginning, if now with bringing some of what she was familiar with through. Why throw away a structure that was perfectly good for something uncertain? There was a moment of consideration over what paper work she would exactly need, the small respectful nod in thanks before she settled down and filled it out. Satisfied she returned with the three forms once more gently placing them down upon the table, clearing her throat and stating her intentions to the gentleman opposite.

Profession: Private Investigator
Wage: Presently calculated 12gm per day
Applicable Skills: Investigation (multiplier skill), Interrogation, Intelligence and various combat skills.
Location of Employment: None, but will be seen to in office building application.

Seasonal Income: 12 gm per day/1080 gm per season (based on 90 day season)
Seasonal Expenses: At least common (135gm a season), will pay more if required.
Inquiry: Looking for permanent rented housing for two adults while residing in Zeltiva for the year. Preferable near business location in the Old Quarter.

Seasonal Income: 12 gm per day/1080 gm per season (based on 90 day season)
Seasonal Expenses: At least common (135gm a season), will pay more if required.
Inquiry: Looking for an simple office space within the Old Quarter in which to establish a business out of for ease - will mainly be used for conducting interviews, report writing and analysis. A base of operations (See SWI business plan write up for more information).

"Good day to you. I am Fallon Skylar," she gave the flicker of a smile, finger tips lightly pressing upon the surface, "And I am applying to obtain two things. The first is housing, the second office space in which to open up a private investigation service from. Also, as I am here, register it here within the city. Hopefully what I have provided is satisfactory to fulfil such requirements?" She leaned back then, clapping her hands behind her and her brow raising, "If it is not, I am sure I can correct it so it is."
FALLON
Fallon | Coffee Codes | Skill Images

Fallon is a Master of Intimidation, "At this level, a Master intimidator often unconsciously intimidates their target unless the intimidator monitors their stance, tone, and actions to prevent this. Master intimidators will nearly always have a reputation that precedes them unless they have taken special care to prevent it."
Fallon
The Red Wolf

Words: 2242110
Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2013, 4:24 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Anouk on March 2nd, 2015, 10:33 am

The Konti moved slowly, almost hesitantly, as her eyes drank in the smart office in which she had found herself. This was where people found their jobs and homes, though Anouk was only after the former. The silver bracelet on her left wrist accompanied each of her movements with a gentle tinkle; her own soundtrack.

She approached the desk and gave a good-natured smile to the male on the other side. "Good day," she said in her usual airy voice, hands resting upon the surface of the desk like an innocent choirgirl, "I am here for a job." Her words were stilted. Common was clearly not her mother tongue -- one would know that merely by looking at her. She returned the completed form, her handwriting neat and really quite pleasant to read.

It would not be hard to imagine that this woman, with her soft words and quiet demeanour, sought a career in an artists' studio. She waited patiently for a response, neither wanting to be pushy or rude. Anouk was a woman who was more than happy to simply wait her turn.

Application :
Profession: Artist
Wage: 4GM/day base wage, +2GM/day for competent Painting skill = 6GM/day
Applicable Skills: Painting, 30. Pottery, 5
Location of Employment: Freelance
Anouk
The Seer of Desire

Words: 75552
Joined roleplay: February 20th, 2015, 11:10 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets