Fashion interest.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the first step to starting a lore article. Please hold all conversations about lores here in this forum. No development takes place here ie Article posting. This forum is simply for threads that want to hash out what a lore should or shouldn't include as well as its merits and flaws. One can also gauge interest in new lore here as well. Polls are encouraged.

Moderator: Scribes

Fashion interest.

Postby Hwyn on May 13th, 2016, 1:02 pm

So I might be the odd one for having the desire to do so, but I think it would be quite fun to do a write up about fashion, No so much a skill but an overveiw of Mizahar's different cultures an their forms of address. To an extent the lore articles do an alright job of covering the various types of clothing worn from region to region but I think a more in depth write up would do well to make urban life in Mizahar at least slightly more immersive.

Anyways I would love to hear some opinions and thoughts on the idea before I proceed with it.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Fashion interest.

Postby Shimoje on May 13th, 2016, 2:27 pm

I think it is a wonderful idea. At first it will be a lot of research and going to the cities lore pages as well as the forums themselves for specifics. Some places already have little tidbits here and there, but nothing with an overview how one might see the thousands of NPCs and inhabitants of the cities.

I wish you luck, and don't be afraid to ask for help to gather the information. :) Make sure you are approved to do the project before you start. If you get enough people interested in this thread that would be good too.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Fashion interest.

Postby Amunet on May 13th, 2016, 3:46 pm

not sure we can call it fashion as this is still pretty raw and rural type surroundings. the cultural clothing preferences of the locals. but overall would be interesting. :)
Amunet
**The Healer** There has to be a better way!

Words: 565239
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2015, 3:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Fashion interest.

Postby Karin on May 13th, 2016, 4:41 pm

That sounds awesome Hwyn, and I wish you luck with it! My only point would be that it's best to do an overall approach, rather than fashion city-by-city (at least, I've been told this in regards to my development about instruments by Quip!) So, just to bear that in mind. If you're writing about fashion in specific cities, then there's the potential to be stepping on a storyteller's toes. But overall, sounds like an awesome plan! It'd be great to see how the fashion is different across Mizahar. :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Fashion interest.

Postby Shimoje on May 13th, 2016, 4:57 pm

By region would be more appropriate, as that also would include climates; )
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Fashion interest.

Postby Hwyn on May 13th, 2016, 6:26 pm

My intention was to have regions and then have subcategories within each region.

I somehow doubt that Syliran's a Ravokians have the same taste in clothing, and I know that Alvadan's will certainly have some unique style.

So yes, climate and region are certainly important to style but so is culture.

Along with regions and cultures each race for the most part also has clothing preferences that should be noted.

Their is certainly a lot to research into on the subject.

Also, Fashion does not entirely pertain to clothing it is also important to take note of tattoos make-up and jewelry preferred in places as well, something I'd like to include in the write up.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Fashion interest.

Postby Riluc Lorrani on May 15th, 2016, 4:46 pm

Doing this by race makes a lot of sense. The akalaks in riverfall would dress differently then the horsemen of the Drykas clans. And the other regions with several different races in them would certianly have diverse styles based on race.
Riluc Lorrani
Wilder

Words: 52787
Joined roleplay: April 30th, 2016, 12:20 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Fashion interest.

Postby Caesi Starguide on May 17th, 2016, 4:47 am

Hmm this could be interesting, though it seems a bit difficult as some SS's do change the fashion in their city once taking ownership to an extent, so then again it could be difficult.

Most of the races have a little explanation on their fashion style in their Lore. What they prefer, how they wear their hair, tattoos, piercings ect. But with that, some people who enter a new city and wearing the fashion of their culture may feel a need to switch to the fashion of that particular city. In Kenash it is all about showing off how rich you are, with elaborate decor and silks. While in Endrykas it is more about Clans and convenience. But it seems a place like Syliras would have many different fashions as they have various races residing and visiting, so I am not sure if they have a set fashion as I do not have a PC there.

Either way, I would be interested to see where this goes exactly and if it could actually be done in a way which does not suppress the Story-Tellers and their creativeness. :D

Credit Goes to Prophet for the beautiful Signature!
Caesi Starguide
Player

Words: 191870
Joined roleplay: April 5th, 2016, 9:56 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes