The Mura Development Discussion Thread

This is a thread for discussion of expanding Mura and the Konti culture.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is the development forum for Mura and all of Konti Isle. Herein contains the Suggestion Box, and any discussions anyone wants to have about the further development of The Konti as a whole.

[OOC] The Konti Development & Suggestion Thead

Postby Aunalee on March 10th, 2013, 3:46 pm

How about these, Naeya?

Name: Calista
Size: six inches
Color: Light Blue
Lifespan: 5-6 years
Breeding: 3-4 eggs
Mate: 2 years old
General Information: The Calistas have inhabited the Silver Wood for as long as any Konti can remember. Though they aren't in endanger of extinction, it is rare to see one. Many Konti would agree that seeing a Calista is a sign of good luck.
Image: Image
Value: 10 GM

Name: Aurora
Size: 4 inches
Color: Rainbow
Lifespan: 8 years
Breeding: 4 eggs
Mate: 2 years
General Information: The aurora birds get their name from their colorful feathers. They are gentle birds and enjoy the company of anyone from a Konti to a Calista. Many shops on Mura sell these birds as pets and are easily taken care of.
Image:Image
Value: 1 GM

Name: Rose éros
Size: 7 inches
Color: Pink
Lifespan: 5 years
Breeding: 3 eggs
Mate: 1 years old
General Information: The Rose éros or éros for short can be found normally by the Silver lake. Some would say that if you see these birds you will soon find your soul mate. Altough that's only if the bird is with it's partner. If it's not, many would say it's a bad omen thinking you might lose someone important to you.
Image:Image
Value: 2 GM
Last edited by Aunalee on March 28th, 2013, 11:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kontinesse, Common, Nari
Aunalee
We fight to live for what we love, not die.

Words: 15821
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2012, 9:22 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Traverse on March 19th, 2013, 1:22 am

Greetings my wonderful Muran developers!

It has taken longer than anticipated, but I have created the Mura Suggestion Box! The credit for the format goes to Avanthal from where I snagged it from, and it is the place to post all of your lovely creature, plants, people, and place ideas!

Aunalee, I would love to see some more details on the bird descriptions, perhaps some lore about how the breeds came to be or how they interact with the Konti. And of course, plop em right in the suggestion box when you are finished.

Happy making ladies and gentlemen!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tyler Avery on March 28th, 2013, 2:05 am

Sea Vine

Common Locations: Found all over the salt water seas of Mizahar.
Frequency: Common
Description: Sea Vine is a common underwater plant that starts off as a small green knot at the floor of the ocean. This knot branches out into numerous arms of fingered vines that curl and uncurl with the tides. This plant is found both within coral reefs and without, though they are mostly found strung apart from each other on the empty sand floor. This plant can grown up to 5 feet tall.
Uses: Most commonly used as a normal cooking ingredient in salads, this plant does not give off any special attributes. Instead it is a tasty piece of seaweed, extraordinarily popular with solid food eating infants. This vine can be seen often in underwater gardens and sold in markets for a fresh food source.

Buckthorn Bush

Common Locations: Found all over the coral reefs of Mizahar's salt water oceans.
Frequency: Uncommon
Description:This thin plant, with wood-like branches if has long, but small green, waxy leaves. Predominantly in the Spring, Summer and Fall months the plant will produce hundreds of tiny berries ranging from and orange to red color. Each branch has dozens of tiny thorns that the harvester must be aware of. This plant grows to about 2 feet tall at maturity.
Uses: There is only one use of this prickly plant. The small berries they produce year round (expect Winter) can be harvest and its juice drained for a small drink. This drink is used, most commonly for birthing mothers, to relax the muscles. In labor this drink is given to mothers to relieve the pressure and pain of contractions.

Octiweed

Common Locations: Found throughout Mizahar's fresh water locations.
Description: This weed, much like seaweed with its waxy, clear apperance, survives only within fresh water. More like a bush, this weed has numerous amount of roots dug into the mud or sand. It clumps and tangles itself within each others branches and stays close to the sea floor, spreading over feet of ground rather than raising up to the surface. This plant only grows to about an inch or two tall.
Uses: The Octiweed has a few uses. The first use is that when ground to a paste and applied to the skin, can clear blemishes and pores when uses regularly. The second use is as a sedative. When eaten it can make said person fall into a light sleep. Never used in surgery or where heavy sedatives are needed, this plant is used mostly as a sleep helper for insomniacs or feverish children.

Lumishroom

Common Locations: In both salt and fresh water found across Mizahar.
Frequency: Uncommon
Description: This small mushroom grows in small groups of five or six and has a luminescent blue color. Found wildly in underwater caves or other predominately dark spots.
Uses: Used often in underwater homes as a living light source and often cultivated and bred inside those homes. Often kept in abundance inside homes. Caution: Keep out of reach of children. If consumed this plant is poisonous. In mild cases may cause nausea and diarrhea and in severe cases can paralyze.

Passion Herb

Common Locations: Salt water oceans all over Mizahar
Description: With a think green stalk and dozens of green and purple heart shaped leaves, this plant gets its name from the shape and spicy taste of it's leaves. This underwater organism grows to about a half a foot tall and found normally in the grasslands of the ocean.
Uses: Used normally for tea, this plant gives a spicy-sweet taste. Also commonly chewed naturally to relieve stress.

School is back in full swing. From now on I'll be posting pretty much only on the weekends.
Tyler Avery
Both Dirt and Sand are my Land.

Words: 17076
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2013, 1:38 am
Character sheet

Postby Traverse on April 1st, 2013, 2:54 pm

Hello Tyler!

While I appreciate the lovely plants, if you look at my post directly above yours you'll notice that there is now an official non ooc discussion thread for them to go into! If you'd post your fauna there I will look them over as soon as I am able. Thanks!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Tyler Avery on April 2nd, 2013, 10:19 pm

Oh dear! Sorry about that! They are both Suggestions so I just kinda picked one :P
School is back in full swing. From now on I'll be posting pretty much only on the weekends.
Tyler Avery
Both Dirt and Sand are my Land.

Words: 17076
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2013, 1:38 am
Character sheet

The Development Discussion Thread

Postby Kavala on June 7th, 2014, 5:15 pm

Konti Reproduction & Birth Control

It has come up in thread that the Konti need to know when they are fertile or at least have some of their reproductive mechanisms explained that are not in the lore. Unlike other races, such as humans, we can't assume based on real life. So my suggestion is simple...

Konti go through a singular event somewhere around age 30. This event is called Sav'anti (open to suggestions) where they have a period of increased body temperature, go into a fever for about ten days, and shed protective linings in their uterus that tend to resemble menstruation save for the evicted material is silvery iridescent fluid that tends to match the hue of their scales. Once this event happens, they are fully mature and can reproduce.

At that point, because Konti are children of Laviku and Avalis, I was thinking they would be incredibly fertile during extremely low and high tides... and that's it. So any major factor facing the ocean would influence their fertility rates.

Now, on to birth control. Since the Konti are designed to be next to the sea and give birth in it, their environment is extremely saline. So if a Konti was to cut salt out of their diet or move away from the ocean where salt is limited, their bodies would naturally not be fertile due to the lack of proper reproductive environment. There could also be one or two herbs they could take on a regular basis to reduce or increase fertility.

Tideflower, Vian Tree Bark, and White Vine: Increases fertility.
Desert rose, Twisted vine, and a sedge called Greenwhip: Eliminates fertility.

I propose to add this to the Wiki. Any thoughts, objects, love it, hate it etc?

The Sanctuary The Sanctuary Forum Riverfall The Cytali
Reverie Isle Wolf Creek Training Course
Please Note:
  • This pc is maxed out in Animal Husbandry, Medicine, Observation, Rhetoric, and Socialization.
  • Kavala a Master Teacher. Students she is teaching in thread can earn more than the maxium 5 XP per thread.
  • This pc has a Konti Gift of Animal Empathy. She has a superpower from a Riverfall city event that allows animals of all sorts and Kelvics (in kelvic form) to speak clear understandable Common around her.
  • Kavala is a Konti but was raised in the Drykas culture so her accent is entirely Pavi though she can speak Common, Pavi, and Tukant well. She's only conversational in Kontinese.
Kavala
I am more than the sum of my parts.

Words: 3295757
Joined roleplay: October 25th, 2009, 1:46 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 17
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Master Merchant (1) Donor (1)
Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (2) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Tap on July 24th, 2016, 8:57 pm

So I noticed there is no map for Mura and thought why not have one? I am teaching myself how to edit images using a Photoshop/Paint like program-hybrid and made this up. I took a cutout of Konti Isle from the Regions of Mizahar Map and edited it to take out the zoomed in pixels and what not. to be completely honest I'm not completely sure what I did, but I ended up with an outlined Konti Isle image that is solid color and nice and pretty looking. Right now it is just Konti Isle, Mura isn't even listed on the map. It is basically a work in progress but thought I would share it so at least we now have a Konti Isle outline that isn't attached to the rest of Miz in one picture.

This first image is Konti Isle cut out in an irregular shape while the second is it boxed.

Konti Isle Outlined :

Konti Isle Boxed :

NOTE: For the Boxed Outline; the picture might be large enough for the north-western tip of the Sylira region to poke into the north-eastern edge of the box. Since I havent scaled the picture I didnt add that tip. I may change it later but not now.
Last edited by Tap on July 25th, 2016, 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap
Fisher and Treasure Hunter

Words: 45386
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2016, 6:30 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Efforvescent on July 24th, 2016, 10:42 pm

Tap.. that is a good start but i think we need something larger to graph out the geography and location of forests and landmarks, including the surrounding seas around Konti Isle.

Nice start though, can you make it bigger?
Let the magic of fate happen!!
((Image courtesy of Prophet))
Efforvescent
Retired Staff

Words: 28712
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2016, 9:33 pm
Office

Postby Tap on July 25th, 2016, 12:17 am

Okay so I resized them and they are waaaay larger now. I plan to work details in eventually but I have no specific time frame for anything. If someone has a specific idea or fact that should be added, like the location of Mura (which I will add soon) just send me a PM or post here and I might get to it.
Grader Note :
Currently I base my presentation of my Scavenging and Fishing skill on the skill write up by Shimoje and Ferrin, respectively, that is in the Founder's Review section of the World Development forum. This means, for example, that hand fishing, the practice of collect marine life out of the water by hand, Tap considers fishing rather than just gathering. Of course the final decision is up to the grader. This is simply what I am basing her actions off of.

Please also note that Tap is a very antisocial Konti and therefore please only reward her socialization point HALF of what you would normally award for a PC.
Tap

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

Postby Tap on July 27th, 2016, 3:00 am

So it has recently come to my attention that according to Founders and STs Mura does not in fact surround and inhabit Silver Lake as is said in Mura lore. This is a huge thing in my opinion. I believe every Konti or anyone who has ever played in Mura does not realize this.

I have been making my map and in doing so reading all the location lore pages to find out where each location is in the city of Mura. The locations I list below are locations who in their lore pages are describes as being near/in/adjecent, etc to Silver Lake while also being within Mura city limits.

Since Silver Lake isnt actually anywhere near Mura these, I am assuming, are mistakes made by previous storytellers and developers that thought Silver Lake was part of Mura. These locations should be edited to reflect that they are not near the lake or have anything to do with it at all.

- Bountiful Sea:
While the outskirts of Mura have the typical village atmosphere to them, the center features a few paved streets, the broadest and most used one running through the entire city from west to east and leading into Silver Lake. This street is where the daily bazaar, called Boutiful Sea, is located.

- The Silver Watchtower:
Around the tall cubical building, shaped like a lowercase h and ornamented with the most stunning works of ancient silversmiths, the first Konti settled and started building their capital. Nowadays it connects the Watchtower and Silver Lake...

- The Silver Velispar Emporium: The entire location is based upon the fact that Mura is built on top of Silver lake. The emporium itself if built in the middle of a bridge that is said to traverse the lake.

- Suvai Pavilion:
Located at the outskirts of Mura, but as the end of a balk stretching towards the middle of Silver Lake...

- The White Orchid:
The White Orchid is a lovely, if unassuming, building that backs onto the Silver Lake in a busy neighbourhood of shops and entertainment locales.
One of the White Orchid's most interesting offerings is the underwater meditation room that backs on to the Silver Lake. The room is flooded with Vision Water, but is segregated from the rest of the lake via a stone wall. A small opening at the bottom of the wall allows fresh water to flow in and out...
Grader Note :

Tap

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Office
Plotnotes

PreviousNext