OOC Info Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Come discuss OOC chatter, plots, and more!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Aladari Coolwater on November 14th, 2016, 10:11 pm

How would Wind Eagles come into play, Del? I must've missed that memo.

And I guess I'll ask around a little more before sending the wages in, since the help desk is so busy. I don't want to bother them if I don't have to. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Ah, found the bit about fast traveling. You're right; it might be useful for the first land leg.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Warren Tanner on November 15th, 2016, 12:08 am

Absolute gutter to hear, Anark was moving Sunberth in an interesting direction. I don't even know where I'd move Warren too, he's sorta designed for Sunberth, I think he'd be awkward to write for anywhere else. Guess I'll just have to focus on getting his job threads done by season end at the very least.
Warren Tanner
Player

Words: 8231
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2016, 7:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Dove Brown on November 15th, 2016, 2:59 am

Over in Syliras, Prophet said this about jobs:

Anything regarding your SS threads can be directed to me since I'm the one who handles that sort of thing.

He's RS of all Sylira, so it probably applies here too. Getting paid wages requires your SS being updated, so it's Prophet's area.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Orakan on November 15th, 2016, 3:44 am

Dove beat me to it.

Aladari, all you need to do is submit your wage request (proof of jobs threads/potential seasonal xp) like you normally would. Anark wouldn't have had the power to edit SS threads (or approve wages, I forget which) so he would have had to pass this information on to Prophet anyways. Even if we didn't have Prophet, someone with the power would have eventually come along to address these submissions and reward you accordingly. No need to fret :) It may take a touch longer without Anark acting as middle man, but it will come and you should receive a pm once your SS has been updated.
As for the wind eagles, I believe it was brought up as a way to reduce travel time and make the transition an easier one since players are, effectively, being kicked out. I remember reading about it somewhere and will link you once I track down the post.

I feel you, Warren. Orakan's the same :(
“The means to every crime is ours,
and we employ them all,
we multiply the horror a hundredfold.”

Image Image
Orakan
Lost Boy

Words: 101764
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 1:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Phira on November 15th, 2016, 4:12 am

@Orakan Alvadas sounds great. It presents so many options for Phira, although I don't think she would do so well with all the trickery. But I think that will be half the fun. At the same time Syka sounds like fun too. Relaxing, magical, and seemingly close to her heritage as a Kelvic.....ah the decisions! But thank you for letting me know about Alvadas! I will definitely check into that ^^

So my computer hasn't been acting up lately and I am going to give posting a shot. So if you are still here and have been waiting for me to reply, thank you for your patience, and thank you for being understanding. I will get to them as soon as I can ;)
Phira
Player

Words: 132381
Joined roleplay: August 26th, 2016, 7:50 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Warren Tanner on November 15th, 2016, 9:40 am

You guys might find this drop-down helpful, its all about migrating from a city without a ST. Would've just linked it but it kept saying 404 error. Gossamer posted this in The Founder's Public Service Announcements thread if any of you want to verify it.

Migrating :
Updates

The Closures posted are found on this list: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/mizahar-f11.html

If a city is unmoderated but not marked CLOSED it means there is a strong AS candidate for that city but they are not installed yet. Sunberth is an example of this. Aventhal is closed, but it looks like we might have a candidate for that city as well so that status might change fast. However, don't start new threads until an AS or DS is put into place because we've had candidates change their mind last minute because they don't like the hard questions we ask.

If a city is closed, it is not eligible to be played in. Closed cities can no longer be posted too and you must MIGRATE out to a domain that has a storyteller immediately. Thank you for understanding.

There are announcements on Migration and what that entails. But here's a recap.

• Players will be asked to immediately move to a city that has a storyteller overseeing it. There will be no cost for this move and the players may assume Wind Eagles took their PCs to their intended destination within one to five days. From here on out we will call this ‘migrating’ and it needs to be added to a pc’s SS thread if it happens. PCs that have left a domain because a storyteller has left will be considered “Migrating Out”. This Migrating Out will only happen at season change, but will happen EVERY time a city looses storyteller representation.
  • Domains will be noted as open or closed in their titles.
  • Ongoing threads from previous seasons will be grandfathered (meaning no one else may join them) and should be role played out as quickly as possible, wrapping them up. No new threads can be posted in a now ‘closed’ domain, this includes Flashbacks.
  • If a Storyteller agrees to take on a city, former players that have migrated out, will be allowed to migrate back in to their former city ANYTIME after the storyteller becomes active. This will be called “Migrating In” and it will also be free of charge and take anywhere from one to five days to complete timestamp wise. If a storyteller fails to remain active, “Migrating Out” will happen again at season change or no new migrating inward will be allowed. Players who were not at the city previously will not be allowed to Migrate In. They must move about the game as normal taking in travel costs and travel times per usual.

I hope that clears up some confusion. :)

Also, minus the large gnosis request stories, the HD is caught up. If your ticket wasn't answered, it was buried deeper in the HD than I cared to dig and I went back pages and pages. Please bump it. If you have a large untouched gnosis story, please bump it as well. I will start reading those tomorrow.
Warren Tanner
Player

Words: 8231
Joined roleplay: July 17th, 2016, 7:02 am
Character sheet

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Prophet on November 15th, 2016, 4:56 pm

I will get after the job/wage thread for you guys. Be patient but know that it's on my radar.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Orakan on November 15th, 2016, 10:11 pm

That's what I was after, Warren! Thanks for sharing. Also, Sayana was gracious enough to track down the thread I was looking for and share it with me. An extension of what Warren linked can be found here.

PS - Thank you Prophet for looking out for us :thumbsup:

PPS - I'm having to be inactive for the next fortnight to play catch up on things outside of Miz. Terribly sorry for being perpetually behind :( I'll do my best to make our threads/my replies worth the wait!
“The means to every crime is ours,
and we employ them all,
we multiply the horror a hundredfold.”

Image Image
Orakan
Lost Boy

Words: 101764
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 1:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Akhen on November 16th, 2016, 9:26 pm

Dang, Anark is gone?! And we had such an intriguing quest going on! Anyway, I guess I'll work on those threads I have with some of you guys. Unfortunately, I can't post regularly, RL is taking over my time and my computer is pretty much totalled!

Anyway, anyone I'm currently threading with, or have something with, please know I haven't forgotten your awesome selves. I promise to get to you before I'm 50, haha! But seriously guys, it's a bummer Anark is gone, like many of us and our PCs, Sunberth was made for them. But I guess that's life! I hope to thread with y'all wherever we next may meet!
Akhen
Player

Words: 69581
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 10:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Gather Round, Ye Wicked

Postby Gossamer on December 4th, 2016, 8:54 pm

Hi Folks.

This is just a brief notice to let you know Sunberth has been closed due to lack of moderation. Anarkhos has been retired for some time but I haven't officially made a notice until today. If you wish to continue your characters, please feel free to migrate to another OPEN city.

Thank you and sorry for the incontinence. The HD is open for all questions.

Goss
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

PreviousNext