OOC Info Winter Character Registry For Syka - 516 AV

Please register if you are playing in Syka this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

Winter Character Registry For Syka - 516 AV

Postby Gossamer on December 1st, 2016, 2:39 am

If you play in Syka, you must register!
Please let us know who you are
and why you are here.

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias':
Age, Sex, Race?
Describe your character in a short abstract?
How long are you planning to stay?
What does your character have to offer Syka?
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members?
Do you like social threads? Why or why not?
What does your character want to learn this season?
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?

Additional Comments:

Code: Select all
       [center][size=150]Character Registry[/size][/center]

[b]Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': [/b]
    [b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
    [b]Describe your character in a short abstract?[/b]
    [b]How long are you planning to stay? [/b]
    [b]What does your character have to offer Syka?[/b]
    [b]Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members?[/b]
    [b]Do you like social threads?  Why or why not?[/b]
    [b]What does your character want to learn this season?[/b]
    [b]Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?[/b]
    [b]Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?[/b]
    [b]Why exactly as a player did you select Syka?[/b]
    [b]In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?[/b]

[b]Additional Comments:[/b]

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Karin on December 2nd, 2016, 2:09 pm

Character Registry

Karin Ironyach, nee. Saeunni

Age, Sex, Race?
18, Female, Human (Svefra)

She's a girl rapidly growing into a young woman, full of curiosity and somewhere deep down has a spirit for adventure. Despite her naivety, she wants to make a name for herself as a boatbuilder primarily and an explorer eventually.

How long are you planning to stay? I'm planning for her to arrive in Syka mid-to-late Winter, and staying for however long she can!

What does your character have to offer Syka? She is learning boatbuilding from the yard at Riverfall. I hope to open up a shop (with Linie I believe) to build boats for the people here. I think this could be a very useful skill, especially to eventually make custom boats for the waters and coasts around Syka. This could eventually become very useful for the explorers. Obviously, her skills aren't *quite* there yet, but that's the goal. :)

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Yes, because I need to practice!

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Yes, but Karin isn't really interested in that kind of stuff.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No.

Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Yes! Social threads are really important, especially here at this new settlement.

What does your character want to learn this season? Sailing, boatbuilding etc.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Linie! Nya! Any and all Svefra! Urkut!

What do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season?
Sail and boatbuild, basically. She's pretty awful at both currently. I also want to see her develop her survival skills. She's kind of running on the vapours of protection, and as soon as she's alone, I feel she might die very easily. Obviously I don't really want that.

Because in all honesty it fits Karin perfectly, and because it's so close to Riverfall, it's right on the Suvan (my favourite Miz place) and because it looks like a challenge.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be?
Nothing.

Additional Comments:
I can't wait to get things started. :) I will probably PM people as they register for plot ideas because I have written with Karin far too little recently. No More.

-Beautiful boxcode credits go to Naia Whitewater!

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Dust on December 3rd, 2016, 2:49 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Dust
Age, Sex, Race? 9 years old, female Kelvic (white raven)
Describe your character in a short abstract? Cheerful, gregarious, talkative, good-natured, straightforward, inquisitive.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely.
What does your character have to offer Syka? Mapmaking, scouting, good cheer, and a helping hand with absolutely anything.

I am fine with threads involving violent events; it's one way to offer challenge to a character or push them out of their comfort zone. I don't seek violence out for its own sake, however.

Romance and love, yes; explicit sex, not as such. I like threading about character relationships in all forms, the connections that develop between people and how they change over time. Any action or interaction which captures that is fair game.

Not in a group.

Absolutely! Especially when it's Dust involved. She loves getting to know people.

Construction is the agenda for this season, at least unless something changes. Lots and lots of construction.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Just one... that would have to be Nya. But everyone else, too!

My big goal for this season is to get Dust's house built. Preferably with lots of community help; the house will be modest but the thread count is ambitious... and group threads are a chance for everyone else to snag some XP without making (more) mistakes on their own houses! ;)

I also want to push her Cartography up to competent, maybe work on some survival or swimming. Any of our resident Svefra want to trade construction threads for swimming threads, or something along those lines?

Reason one, I've always liked "establishing a settlement" stories, and I would have an eye on joining any such endeavor wherever it happened. Reason two, I'm very interested in the juxtaposition of past and present which Syka embodies, and being part of how that unfolds IC, what it brings to both the domain and the game at large. Reason three, Dust was due for a new adventure, her newest friend was also going, he had his own ship, and it all just fit together!

I have to say my biggest wish would be for Dust to meet the Librarian of Reclaimed Knowledge. It would be Dust's too, if she knew the place existed. The stories she could tell!

Additional Comments: Let's plot!
Dust
Player

Words: 160562
Joined roleplay: October 21st, 2012, 7:31 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

Postby Nya Winters on December 4th, 2016, 9:59 pm

Timestamp: XX of XX, 516 AV

Character Registry

Nya Winters

Age, Sex, Race?

10, Female, Kelvic

Nya is a reserved private Talderian Forest Cat who keeps to her own council. She hordes secrets and only true opens up in two circumstances. One includes when her ex-bondmate and husband is around and another is in the middle of a storm. Nya is a twice marked stormwarden who lives for good blows.

Permanent resident for the foreseeable future.

Nya has very few skills but lately she's been crash coursing on Wilderness Survival, Hunting, and she knows a thing or two about relics.

Most of Nya's world is made up of violence. She understands it and it is a comforting old friend.

Nya has in the past roleplayed these themes and is open to doing so again.

She is a Stormwarden, if that counts, and is one of those pcs that connects her past with her present in terms of multiple lives.

I actually do enjoy social threads as long as something other than talking is accomplished during them.

I would like to continue with her wilderness survival skills, brush up her hunting, and get her leatherworking down to a science. Leatherworking is going to be her employment skill while in Syka.

I don't have a favorite, but I'd like to meet them all... especially the other Kelvics.

I really just want to finish threads with others. They mean a lot to me when they start at point A and conclude at point B, not because we're tired of writing them but because they have really accomplished what they set out to do.

Nya is after a powerful artifact that's hidden near Syka. She knows its there because she hid it there in a past life and remembered. She needs to stay there and figure out a way to retrieve it. She might have to learn some magic to do so because the artifact is beneath the sea.

No thanks! I can run threads just fine either self moderating or group moderating! I appreciate the offer though.

Additional Comments:

I hope to get some things done this season so I can see my progress growing as a PC throughout this winter time.

Nya Winters
Let the winds in my heart blow...

Words: 784686
Joined roleplay: June 7th, 2009, 6:53 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Trailblazer (1) Never Say Die (1)
Donor (1) 2017 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2017 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

Postby Xen on December 5th, 2016, 5:03 am

Syka Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Xen
Age, Sex, Race? 110, Male, Vipéra-Dhani

Gloomy, mischievous, furtive and distrusting of others. Xen tends to keep what he truly plans and desires hidden while posing as either a fool, flirt or overly eccentric stranger. He does not like many knowing that he is a dhani, unless they are a dhani as well and one he trusts enough to keep his serpentine nature a secret. But Xen can be fickle at times and decide that no one knowing is better than someone knowing.

Indefinitely, unless some deity decides to mark Xen and send him on a holy pilgrimage to slay and or obtain something of significance.

Xen has a variety of skills, though low, that can of some use.

Xen's current life revolves around violence due to his occupation. Though, I believe Syka may bring some peace and wholeness to Xen's stygian life.

Not really and why? Because Xen is a giant serpent-monster-man who, at times, wants to make romantic people and lovers, hate each other. If some lady is capable of, and or, is patient enough to find any redeemable qualities within him, then yes I would possibly be.

No, though would like to join The Returned, The Shroud, or The Black Sun. That's if some deity of light approaches Xen or he manages to get their attention before the "darker" gods do.

Sure! But let's not talk about snakes, dhani, or Siku :paranoid:

Xen would like to expand his current skills before learning others. But architecture, construction, philtering, carpentry, and agriculture would be some skills he'd be willing to learn.

Those who do not like eating, hunting, and harming serpent/serpent-like creatures and beings. Big fans of dhani, falyndar and surfing, especially surfing.

Not die and be able to contribute to Syka's restoration to greatness. #MakeSykaGreatAgain

Because I love the Falyndar region (And Goss too)! The place is filled with exotic flora, fauna, and exploitable mysteries~ I'm still super happy to see Syka open now and to be able to get the chance to make a super city (yes it will be a super city!) is something I cannot pass up. Plus, Syka has beaches which in turn means Xen can swim and hit some sick waves 8) :thumbsup:

Surprise quests and events that may or may not give some
people superpowers, altar their current abilities or properties of their magic.
( :(( Because I haven't forgotten that time Riverfall had that superpower event)

Additional Comments:
I tend to become very busy at times, causing me to post once or twice every week. So beware those who are seeking to thread with this serpent because patience is necessary. At the moment, I wish to complete a few of my job threads before I post threads in Syka. If you desire a thread throw a P.m in my direction or catch me in chat (which is usually when I'm typing and talking about plots)
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Evarista on December 13th, 2016, 7:31 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Evarista Nitrozian.
Age, Sex, Race? 21, Female, Human.
Describe your character in a short abstract? A pampered and alcohol-loving rich kid who mistakenly thinks that this is going to be a vacation.
How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely or until Ravok reopens.
What does your character have to offer Syka? She can spin silk. With a reference sample, she can use her morphing abilities to create various organic substances; useful for getting rare medicine ingredients and such. With some instruction, she'll also be able to hunt.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? It brings out the fun side of people.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? This character is incapable of romantic attachment.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Not part of a hierarchy and don't desire to be.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? I find them difficult to write. I prefer to develop relationships through action.
What does your character want to learn this season? New morphing models and hunting. Being initiated into Projection if circumstances permit.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? I'm bringing along Hwyn. I'm also discussing ideas with Xen.
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I like surprises.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? The potential for exploration and discovery. I'll help with developing the settlement reasonably, but it's not my primary point of interest.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? Anything that includes weird and unusual monsters whose anatomy I can steal. On a related note, I'm also interested in Ssena and her gnosis.

Additional Comments: Me and Hwyn will be renting a bungalow together.
Last edited by Evarista on December 15th, 2016, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Evarista
Whose eyes are those eyes?

Words: 372744
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 11:28 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Hwyn on December 13th, 2016, 11:40 am

Hwyn
Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Hywn, & nope
Age, Sex, Race? 17, Male, Human
Describe your character in a short abstract?Loyal, Scrappy and adorable
How long are you planning to stay? As long as Eva does
What does your character have to offer Syka?A can do attitude and a unique perspective
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? I'm not opposed to it, nor am i good at it.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Eh, I don't search it out but these things do happen.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? No? I don't think Eva is a group
Do you like social threads? Why or why not?I enjoy them usually
What does your character want to learn this season?Oh I wanna learn to climb and work on my other existing skills
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting?I have to pick one? I'm happy to meet anyone.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Exploration and it's where my master told me to go.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? I'm fond of very surreal threads that have to do with twisting reality and such, but I'm not too concerned with outcomes. I'd love to meet a deity or something like that

Additional Comments:Looking forward to this season! Lets all have fun together.
Hwyn
Soul endowed plushie

Words: 275288
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2015, 1:26 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Donor (1)

Postby Theo Popcampio on December 14th, 2016, 2:45 pm

You're either worth my time...

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Theo Popcampio, Revan (Although this isn't public knowledge).
Age, Sex, Race? 26, male, human
Describe your character in a short abstract? Theo's a jester flaunting himself around as a mage and swordsman. He does, however, have a very dark and secret past.
How long are you planning to stay? Foreseeable future.
What does your character have to offer Syka? Good times, protection, warm fires, that sorta thing.
Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Love it, Theo loves combat.
Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Depends, Theo's not for everybody, he's hard to get along with. Strong plots do make for strong relations though.
Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Former, and no, they are not taking members.
Do you like social threads? Why or why not? Depends, the plot needs to be strong, but if it is I'm all for it if we can turn a dinner conversation into something truly inspiring.
What does your character want to learn this season? More about his past, further his combat, military, magic, and survival skills.
Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? Nya and Xen, they have similar interests.
Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Put his past to rest, as well as those in it, and finally move on from that part of his life. Getting to expert in longsword and reimancy is a certain goal, and possibly getting another combat skill and leadership/tactics up to competent as well.
Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? It's new, free, and full of opportunity.
In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? We'll be in touch if anything comes to mind.

Additional Comments: Happy hunting!

...Or you're not.
All my templates were made by the grace of the enchanting Aislyn Leavold.
Theo Popcampio
Fire Starter

Words: 212275
Joined roleplay: May 31st, 2015, 4:25 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Skyard Underwood on December 18th, 2016, 6:15 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Skyard Underwood / Sky

Age, Sex, Race?10, Male, Kelvic

Describe your character in a short abstract? Courageous, Spontaneous, Analytical, and Intelligent.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinitely now that a special someone is here.

What does your character have to offer Syka? He's a Leatherworker, and a Lion.. Would make a nice guard/mercenary.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Always, because it is simply in Skyards nature.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Sure, If you name is Kaie Of The Cutthroat Shadows, and You are my bondmate.

Is your character in cult, group, etc?  Is it taking members? Nope

Do you like social threads?  Why or why not? No, Because Social threads are on the verge of being pointless unless some form of action goes on. However, if a meet and greet does become something more interesting, I'm not above it.

What does your character want to learn this season? Shielding, Voiding, and Morphing?

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? I have no particular interests in that department.

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? Encounter with Velispar, and perhaps the discovery of a “treasure”

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Skyard was dragged off to Syka, So I mean.... Uh...................[ Insert answer here in ten years ]

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? A treasure point find, and maybe

Additional Comments: I hope you all will enjoy your season as much as I will..

Skyard Underwood
The Snow Swept Warrior

Words: 205954
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2015, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Postby Kaie on December 18th, 2016, 6:15 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Kaie of the Cutthroat Shadows

Age, Sex, Race? 20, Female, Myrian

Describe your character in a short abstract? Apart from her homeland since her Blooding ceremony, Kaie is a Myrian woman brought up in the purest essence of her culture, hardened by the jungle, and refined through her experiences abroad. Her homecoming to Falyndar's shores also signals her reunion with bondmate and love lost. This native will quickly find herself embracing her roots and reacclimating to her world.

How long are you planning to stay? Indefinite

What does your character have to offer Syka? Combat prowess, wilderness survival, and and insatiable desire to refine her skills.

Do you like threading about violence? Why or why not? Love it. Kaie's a Myrian down to her very core. This is where she thrives.

Do you like threading about sex/love/romance? Why or why not? Forthcoming threads with Kaie's bondmate Skyard Underwood. You've been warned.

Is your character in cult, group, etc? Is it taking members? Myrians might as well be a cult

What does your character want to learn this season? Kaie would be happy to refine her survival skills and learn a new trade.

Which other Syka PC would your PC really love meeting? I'm open to thread with anyone!

Do you as a player want to see your character being able to do this season? I would like to see Kaie pick up a new trade and be met with new, exciting challenges that force her to keep evolving.

Why exactly as a player did you select Syka? Syka is a unique city in that it actively challenges the playerbase. PCs that wish to live need to play active roles in their own survival rather than relying on amenities readily available in other areas. Moreover, diversity of skills needed to survive forces players to in turn rely on each other's strengths to make up for their personal weaknesses.

In terms of me being a moderator, if you could have me run anything for your PC what would that be? A shot at an Akajia blessing some day :)

Additional Comments: Sorry not sorry about the forthcoming smut threads, guys. You've been forewarned!

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next