OOC Info Character Registry: Fall 517

Before you can give everything to Rhysol, you must first provide the proper paperwork

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Character Registry: Fall 517

Postby Shainn on September 2nd, 2017, 3:30 am

Registry Form

Character Name: Shainn
Type of Residence: Situations are currently undergoing. Shainn would probably be a citizen soon.
Profession: Right now, he's working for Professor Corbin in Summer, but other than that nothing. I don't have plans for him at the moment for money and I should think of something fast.
Briefly Describe Your Character: Give us a line or two about you.

Shainn is seductive, he's flirty, handsome, and agreeable. He loves to fly.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.

Yes, with a complicated (somewhat) backstory with Shainn, I need more roleplay to develop him. It would be good to have a lot more help, please.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Uh....
Writer Goals:
- To become a better writer (obviously)
- To make out of character friends
- To learn more about character development

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Provide links if able.

Helping Professor Corbin with his project of improving the Kelvics ability to shapeshift.

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up?

Learning more of the outside world, aside from Ravok?

How does your PC define Betrayal? Answer IC, and provide links if able.

It's not just a bond that's broken. You've broken more than that. Once you betray me, it would take a lot more than just apologies for recovery. Otherwise, I'm stubborn when you're trying to make it up to me. You would need to save my life once or twice to make it up.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? Answer IC.

It would be different, I wouldn't be so sure about encouraging them to follow Rhysol like everyone else would, if they believe in other Gods, that's up to them.

For those that are slaves, what is the happiest moment you've experienced during your enslavement? Answer IC

Being able to leave the KRI after I've behaved. It was always a treat.

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? Answer IC.

Peck at the crows with my Owl beak. Maybe knock some sense into them?
Shainn
Player

Words: 30907
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Belugnir on September 3rd, 2017, 3:16 pm

Character Name: Einar Belugnir
Type of Residence: Visitor
Profession: Fella's a Mercenary.
Briefly Describe Your Character: The sourest of pricks and by far not the most honest of buggers. Likes his gold, this one.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Don't rightly know.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Nay, I 'aven't the commitment nor the experience.
Writer Goals:
- Get involved with some shady business, possibly get into trouble.
- Earn shiny, clinky gold.
- Spend a season being active for once.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Provide links if able:
Haven't had a right change of heart o'er anything. Been a couple near death experiences, didn't change him much though. Here's One of Those

The wealth of his 'personality'.

How does your PC define Betrayal? Answer IC, and provide links if able:
''See mate, had this employer in Sunberth once, roughed some buggers up for 'im, then I come back to collect me due, and the dirty bastard not only refuses to pay me but tries to rat me off to a slaver tha's been chasin' me. The next time I see that whoreson, I's spooning out his one good eye and feedin' it to him.''

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? Answer IC:
''Wha' I miss is bein' able to shove me boot up a rotten dimwit's arse without getting a horde of fanatic guards chasin' me for it.''

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? Answer IC:
''Now to be perfectly honest, I'd probably rob every last one of ye 'high and mighty' pricks naked and sell you off into slavery for good riddance.''
Belugnir
Absolute Whoreson

Words: 334032
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2017, 10:15 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on September 5th, 2017, 2:02 am

Character Name: Clyde Sullins
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: Ebonstryfe Commander/Mage
Briefly Describe Your Character: Ambitious mage, not one to take fools, and somewhat well known throughout the city for past magics/exploits.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, per prior conversations about unlocking Staff secret, and the stuff that happened in the Well of Madness, if nothing else.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Yes, if needed, and can't be done IC by rp. Prefer magic or combat related stuff, though as noted if can be done IC with pc's would prefer to do as such. (don't want to compete with myself on stuff my pc could do via interactions IC)
Writer Goals:
-Expand his skills/knowledge in regards to magic.
-Learn more about math/architecture, skill/lore wise.
-Possibly take on a new/old apprentice.
-Meet some interesting Rp partners, and find a way to use them for his own benefit(IC goal)
-Make some magic items.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Probably when he lost/was made to forget magic, or when he got it back.

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? His skills and coin purse.

How does your PC define Betrayal? Answer IC. Betrayal is an act performed, which implies that the betrayed party previously trusted the betraying party, I.E. betrayal of trust. Sub note- if you don't trust someone, they can't betray you. Sub-sub-note, its a good idea not to trust people, particularly who worship a god of betrayal. Sub-sub-sub-note. If you hold the power and control, you can be the betrayer, not the betrayed. Sub-etc- Someone should really do something about all this brother on brother betrayal, we should only be betraying outwardly, not inwardly. That seems problematic for a city to function...

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? Answer IC. N/A

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? Answer IC. Well, lived in Syliras for awhile, there it was nice not having to worry about being killed/robbed for no reason/if you fell out of power. Plus it had actual land in the city, albeit of a stifling stone variety. And it had arable land, plenty of food to be bought. Of course the treatment of mages was lacking. Sahova maybe? It has lots of Pre-val knowledge, and lots of magic. Though not enough food and comfort... Eh, most places have their pluses and minuses.

For those that are slaves, what is the happiest moment you've experienced during your enslavement? Answer IC N/A

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? Answer IC. Kill a god/goddess, preferably one not useful/interesting to Clyde, keep the parts for his own uses.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Akhen on September 5th, 2017, 2:53 am

Character Name: Akhen
Type of Residence: Visitor
Profession: Freelancing (Mercenary)
Briefly Describe Your Character: Both internally and externally, Akhen is a hard, grim individual with a grey sense of morality. He's often brutal and surprisingly effective when it comes to work and is a man not wholly bothered by his actions but rather his own past. He is, however, also a mercenary with a taste for adventure and a will to survive. He's a seeker of good literature and also equally good Blue Vision.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: No.
Writer Goals: As always I seek to make each thread worth reading and writing. And just have a bit of fun.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC?
Recently, this

Besides gold, perhaps his fighting skills and experiences.

How does your PC define Betrayal?

"I'll tell you when someone has lived long enough to actually do it."

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol?

"Can't say. I'm neither a resident nor have I lived here my entire life. And who cares what gods you choose to worship anyway?, The affairs of mortals have nothing to do with the gods in the first place."

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders?

"I don't know, really. At times it seems routine, moving city to city to find work, to the point it becomes mundane. Though, I suppose it's only because I've seen the world and experienced it, that I know it's that routine and the experiences that it brings, that I miss."

For those that are slaves, what is the happiest moment you've experienced during your enslavement?

"I'm not a slave."

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do?

"I'll tell you when I do it."
Akhen
Player

Words: 69581
Joined roleplay: April 29th, 2014, 10:17 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Sayana on September 9th, 2017, 10:36 pm

Character Name: Sayana
Type of Residence: Probationary Citizen
Profession: Ravosala woman (on the side spy)
Briefly Describe Your Character: Sayana is a proud manipulative Eypharian seeking dreams of opportunity, freedom, and status. She is occasionally labeled a daughter of Ahnatep, blade wielding sorceress, and ravosalawoman.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes, potentially for the Inverted events (and existing modded threads).
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Probably not this season. I do enjoy GSTing, but I'm also picky.
Writer Goals:
- Practice/learn eloquent, stylistic prose (glances at Elias's writing)
- Improve leadership on Miz (it seems I'm good with 1 or 2 people at a time, but not with more people when it comes to building community)
- Try not to get too scattered when threading, and focus in on 1 or 2 plot arcs.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC?
In Alvadas Winter 515, she was illusioned to appear and sound like a zith. This gave her newfound patience because she was unable to speak Common when she wanted to say something, and in turn this resulted in maturity and a more poised and calculating nature.
The day of the illusion started
First time realizing the consequences
Battle, betrayal, and finally resolution (turned back to normal)

Status, connections, and friends. She wants to fit into Ravok right now, and she is unable to. So she'll be doing what she can to fix that.

Betrayal is planning, lying, and knowing all along that these are not your real friends and they never will be. (see above 3rd link)

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders?
It's been so long since I've been in Ahnatep. One, two, three years... it feels like a lifetime ago. I miss the warmth and the sand between my toes. And I miss Eypharians. But it is as if I've grown used to being the only one for miles and miles.

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do?
I would make love to a god... just so I can say that I did it. *glances over at Clyde* What? Wouldn't you?

Goodies & Bartering :
Below are two lists that might open up interesting thread opportunities. These are things that Sayana could offer your PC, and things that Sayana (or I) might like in return.

Can offer:
- Teach the following skills: Dagger, Intelligence, Seduction, Dance
- Initiate/teach someone hypnotism (for a higher price)
- Offer ravosala rides
- Lend or pay medium amounts of money (50-150gm)
- Offer services as a spy
- Potentially room and board

Is looking for:
- Intelligence network contacts
- General rumors etc
- Contacts within the Ravok families, Ebonstryfe, and Black Sun
- Someone to teach her poison craft
- Steady supplier of daggers
- Tailor for custom clothing and/or modifications
- Teacher in morphing (she's been initiated, but wants to improve)
- Someone to preach the word of Rhysol to her (ooc desire)

Credit: Shimoje
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Maya Lark on September 12th, 2017, 8:07 pm

Character Name: Maya Lark
Profession: Has not been discussed yet
Briefly Describe Your Character: Maya is a hard headed fiery personality with a contempt for outsiders. She is not one to be taken lightly just because of her looks
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not right now unless I have a question about the city
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Sure
Writer Goals:
- getting set up within the city
- maybe getting a slave at some point

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? There is nothing major yet

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? Maya is very content with how herself at the moment

How does your PC define Betrayal? Maya defines betrayal as anyone who goes against the family or disrespects Rhysol

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol? Maya sees outsiders as just bodies that can make her family money. There is very little that she feels towards them

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? N/A

For those that are slaves, what is the happiest moment you've experienced during your enslavement? N/A

Not sure until I get set up in the city and start exploring
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shiress on September 14th, 2017, 4:42 pm

Character Name: Shiress

Type of Residence: Slave

Profession: Uh...slave?

Briefly Describe Your Character: Shiress is quiet, reserved, mistrusting, and some has said a bit cray cray.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Constructive criticism is always welcome

Willing/Able toGuest Moderate?: Maybe, with the right plot.

Writer Goals: Build self confidence, both for writer and PC.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? This thread was a valid turning point in Shiress' life. Killing for the first time, not to mention it being her Master, planted a bit of an evil seed in her.

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? Self confidence

How does your PC define Betrayal? I have betrayed everyone I love - betrayal is me.

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? My freedom

For those that are slaves, what is the happiest moment you've experienced during your enslavement? Meeting Karyk :D

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? Strip for all the Syliran Knights and Squires
Beautiful Boxcode Credit: Rohka
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sofia on September 15th, 2017, 9:24 pm

Character Name: Sofia Desrosiers
Type of Residence: Resident/Slave (Somehow)
Profession: Student/Orphan
Briefly Describe Your Character: A child with a penchant for cruelty.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Potentially. I'll let you know.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Yes, after I can be sure I'm going to be able to post steadily.
Writer Goals:
  • Get back into the swing of things
  • Flesh out Sofia
  • Meet the minimum requirements for Sofia to join the Black Sun before Winter starts. (10 more points in interrogation and Politics! I can do it!)
______

Her friendly persona.

The pain that comes from the blade of a friend.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsiders? How do you feel about those who don't actively worship Rhysol?
They can come here, but they're going to have to try harder than that if they want to stay.

Get a dog.

Sofia
taking brat to another level

Words: 8776
Joined roleplay: May 12th, 2017, 1:39 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Saratov on September 21st, 2017, 10:53 am

Character Name: Saratov Vizerian
Profession: Aspiring to join the Black Sun, currently unemployed.
Briefly Describe Your Character: Indoctrinated since birth, into following Rhysol completely. Aspiring Black Sun member/Agent, Isurian by blood, Rhysol's by choice.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: I don't think so, unless for topics that require Moderation.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate[/url]?: Not at the moment.
Writer Goals:
- Gain the necessary skills to join the ranks of the Black Sun
- Do missions: Infiltration, Corruption, Intelligence Gathering, etc etc
- Climb the ranks of the Black Sun
- In the very long run, turn on Izurdin and the Isur.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC? Provide links if able. His stand-off with his parents who have an equally warped mindset, escaping a dreadful fate in the nick of time, seeking and finding refuge in even more devotion to Rhysol.

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? Mental skills that can be useful for the Black Sun.

How does your PC define Betrayal? A job well done. Betrayal means to have gained someone's trust to use it against him/her. Saratov doesn't trust anyone but Rhysol, he can act like he's trusting though, but it would just be another scene in the play he has writting in his mind.

For those who've lived in Ravok all their life, how do you feel about outsidersAs said, he doesn't trust anyone, especially outsiders. Regardless of race or motivation, an outsider means someone who has left everything they had behind and come to a particular place with a particualer purpose, it means someone suspicious. Same goes for those that don't actively follow or worship Rhysol, suspicion!

Kill the Divines that directly oppose Rhysol.
Saratov
Player

Words: 2212
Joined roleplay: September 19th, 2017, 11:15 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet

Postby Jadin on September 24th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Character Name: Jadin Sparrow
Type of Residence: Non-Citizen Resident, Tarsin's Boarding House
Profession: Journalist (Not sorted out yet)
Briefly Describe Your Character: Jadin is a logical and systematic person, and people who use emotion in an attempt to rationalize things come across as a bit absurd to her.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Maybe. I'lll PM you guys if I do.
Willing/Able to Guest Moderate?: Trust me, you don't want me to.
Writer Goals: Develop a better understanding of Jadin as a person, and get settled in Ravok. Also, limiting my thread count so I don't get burned out.

What do you think has been the single most life changing event for your PC?Studying in Zeltiva, maybe? She hasn't been through enough hell for this to matter.

What aspect of self would your PC most like to build up? I'm sure she'd love to be better at socializing. She can falsify it for the sake of gaining information, but genuine interaction is still difficult.

How does your PC define Betrayal? "If I ask someone to do something for me, and they go and do the exact opposite, they've betrayed me."

For those born elsewhere and have moved to Ravok of their own volition, what do you miss most from the world beyond Ravok's borders? "I don't know. My family, I guess. And I think Syliras is always gonna be home."

If your character could do any single action, with absolutely no fear of being stopped, punished, or any other negative reaction, what would your PC do? "I'd love to be one of the criminals I write about for a day, just to get an idea of what's going through their heads. Y'know, the really dumb ones, like the ones who run out of a building, yelling and shouting and pointing at the thing they just stole."
Jadin
Player

Words: 3919
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2017, 2:04 am
Character sheet
Plotnotes

PreviousNext