OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Winter 517 AV

Please register if you are playing in Syka this season!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Winter 517 AV

Postby Xen on December 18th, 2017, 9:45 pm

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Xen
Age, Sex, Race? 110, Male, Vipéra-Dhani
Describe your character in a short abstract? Quiet, pensive and self-deprecating.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Long term
What are your favorite types of threads? Action, suspense, and monster related
What types of threads do you despise? When things go nowhere :'(
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
Hopefully, he develops more confidence, understands his self-worth, and finds a clearer purpose in life.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? When a god, monster, or abomination appears; when aforementioned things turns a PC into a playable monstrosity. And when some strange, creepy phenomenon sweeps the land and slowly begins to distort certain things.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Strength's: it limitless potential to be something more than we perceive ;). Weaknesses? Lack of velispar because we need MOAR (more) Asal'Nov, MOAR I tell you.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Keep on loving the joy of writing.
Additional Comments:I'm not the fastest writer, however, I will be active this season. Most of my threads will involve wilderness survival, hunting, and investigation since these are a few indispensable skills for sykans. If you want to write throw me a pm and we can tackle these mysteries and upcoming trials together. 8) :thumbsup:
Xen

Xen
Stygian Serpentis

Words: 390077
Joined roleplay: July 28th, 2012, 12:02 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Garland on December 19th, 2017, 11:33 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Garland

Age, Sex, Race?: 20, Male, Human

Describe your character in a short abstract?: Garland is a father of 4 kids, a squire from Syliras sent to Syka to establish an outpost, but without any resources he pretty much has to save up enough money to start building the outpost from scratch

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for?: Resident for the foreseeable futre

What are your favorite types of threads?: Combat, Training, Social, I'm fine with romance but I find it tends to get stale after a while.

What types of threads do you despise?: Nothing really

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?: To be more responsible and to keep his junk in his pants.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?: My ideal thread would be one where both characters learn and improve, also a plot that people can continue after that thread is done, something like the start of an adventure.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?: Syka is untamed land, plenty of things to do and explore that can't be done in other cities or if they can be done, would take a long time or with complications.

That said, the weaknesses is the lack of resources Syka has, somewhat limiting what some people can do, one for example can't buy and lavish furniture or a fancy sword.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?: Nothing comes to mind at the moment.

Additional Comments: Garland needs some crossbow training and possibly riding and wilderness. So looking for those kinds of threads.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Ocsi Gottschalk on December 24th, 2017, 8:12 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Öcsi Gottschalk (The name is read like the Japanese Ecchi. It's a coincidence, I swear)
Age, Sex, Race? 31, Human, yes please.
Describe your character in a short abstract? A guy so lazy he became a summoner just to one day not do a damned thing. That's right.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Just arrived here, looking to become a permanent member of Syka.
What are your favorite types of threads? Those that mix plot and humor are by far my favorites.
What types of threads do you despise? All-out something threads. For example, only social, or only combat, or only magic threads. Mix it up, goddamn it!
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd like to figure out Öcsi as a character, as well as get him settled in Syka, get him involved with the residents and get started on some long-term plots and such. I'd also like to increase his skills because he has barely nothing.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A thread that involves exploring the jungle, coming up with something mysterious, trying to figure it out and either solving the mystery or not - all of which is mixed with a great deal of comedy throughout the thread.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Strengths? By far the freshest city on Miz. Lots of potential to create something from scratch and to make one's place in the city. Also, lots of things to explore; it's like the story was left blank for us to fill with our threads.

Weaknesses? It's a hard place to get started. It requires a bit more effort from the writer to get settled (earning the skill points, the money for the housing, the possible bussiness and loan it all requires, etc.). It's not really a weakness for me, but I doubt everyone's as elitist as I am.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Give me free shit and you'll rank up. XD

I'd say being around is all that's needed from your part. I know its hard with RL and such, especially when the holidays are over, but that's about the only aspect in which you could improve.
Additional Comments: It's been a while since I've written, so I need some conditioning. Please be patient while I settle down, okay? Looking forward to writing with all of you (that will take me C: )
Ocsi Gottschalk
Don't let them control you.

Words: 12123
Joined roleplay: March 13th, 2016, 1:11 am
Character sheet

Postby Sae on December 27th, 2017, 1:14 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Slyssisynsae (FN), Synsae (GN), Sae (NN)
Age, Sex, Race? 117, Female, Constrictor Dhani
Describe your character in a short abstract? Synsae is an assertive, aggressive, but also unbearably sarcastic and somewhat mean. She's fond of creatures of all sorts, especially of small dogs and large, powerful beasts, and likes to tame and train them for her use (and eventually everyone else's).
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Resident!
What are your favorite types of threads? I'm fond of short, fun threads of all sorts. Action-packed, intense and meaningful plots, humorous and gimmicky, even romantic and thoughtful.
What types of threads do you despise? Threads where multiple do basically their own thing with minimal interaction.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd like to see her get to know someone more. Perhaps not a lot of people, but one or two people that she deems worthy of respect and/or use. I would also like her to get better at handling and training her dogs for hunting.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? A thread where Sae encounters a big, powerful, and complex creature's hideout spot and, of course, the creature itself. I wouldn't want her to necessarily tame it, or even become friends with it, but just finding something so flipping awesome and incredible.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Not really.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? /shrug
Additional Comments: PM me or grab me on Discord (Unhappy Camper#4661) so we can plot and thread. I want to do a lot of cool stuff, and I'm already excited to finally be part of Mizahar.
Sae
My race doesn't define me...

Words: 8939
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2017, 12:27 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Jhale on December 27th, 2017, 3:34 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Jhale
Age, Sex, Race? 2, Female, Kelvic
Describe your character in a short abstract?
Hot blooded Kelvic eager for adventure and discovery.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for?
Hoping to become a permanent resident.
What are your favorite types of threads?
Anything from social, to skill grinding.
What types of threads do you despise?
Threads with no chemistry.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season?
I am hoping to develop her and really figure her character out.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)?
Maybe once she's a bit more developed get to be part of something that is world changing, some sort of event that creates an impact on the game, even if I am just witness to it.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses?
Being a new settlement there is so much room for potential and growth. The people here can change it into just about anything. Really create their own sort of unique culture here. The weakness is that because it is so new it can be slow going for a while and not many characters ends up coming and staying around because it lacks that set structure a more established city does.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator?
Just have fun and enjoy writing.
Additional Comments: This is a brand new character and I am excited to explore this place and the unique psychology of a Kelvic.
[/center]
Jhale
Player

Words: 9356
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2017, 4:43 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Anuk on December 28th, 2017, 10:31 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Anuk
Age, Sex, Race? 1 year, female, kelvic lioness
Describe your character in a short abstract? Anuk is an independent, warm & sociable kelvic. Fierce, she'll often get herself into trouble, perhaps you along with her!
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Visitor getting a feel for the place with the view to turn resident
What are your favorite types of threads? I love skill threads with interesting socializing tossed in. Exploration & adventure where things are not what they seem. Anything that gets to the meat of a character.
What types of threads do you despise? Threads that don't allow contribution, or have room for curve-balls
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd love for Anuk to delve into the community here, discover who she is. She's shiny brand new, so I've got to get to know her myself too.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Exploring ruins and discovering something magical or mythical. I guess I've come to the right place!
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? So far I think Syka's strength is it's Storyteller's passion, imagination & involvement! Weaknesses...Syka requires greater energy from writers I think.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I haven't been around here enough to say. Keep doing what ya' doing!

Last edited by Anuk on December 30th, 2017, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anuk
Player

Words: 13460
Joined roleplay: December 25th, 2017, 1:01 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Thomas Cosa on December 29th, 2017, 2:39 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Thomas Cosa
Age, Sex, Race?27, Male, Human
Describe your character in a short abstract? Bratty Magician
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? soon-to-be-resident
What are your favorite types of threads? I like threads with social interaction and lots of dialogue. They can be action or just stalling around a table; just as long as there is talking.
What types of threads do you despise? I can't think of any!
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like Thomas to become more aloof and self-centered.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Hm. Thomas has a conversation with Dranira and Mashaean and they all decided to help create the next supervisor.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka seems to be defined by its free form development. That could also be a weaknesses.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I don't know! I am basically new, so.
Additional Comments:

Thomas Cosa
What if no one could stop you?

Thomas Cosa
bratty mageling

Words: 385707
Joined roleplay: October 20th, 2012, 9:33 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Kaimana on December 30th, 2017, 12:22 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Kaimana
Age, Sex, Race? sixteen, male, charoda
Describe your character in a short abstract? Chatty, inquisitive, and tactile. Warm, but emotionally detached. Kind of careless. Kind of annoying.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Not a resident! Kaimana can potentially stay for either a short time or a long time; it all depends on whether anything manages to catch his long-term interest (and the availability of other cities).

What are your favorite types of threads? I think any thread can be interesting as long as the characters are interesting and everybody involved has a goal. Doubly so if those goals conflict!
What types of threads do you despise? Skill or job threads without plot.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? Kaimana is pretty naive, so I’d like for him to see the world’s uglier bits. Whether he’ll mature or remain blissfully ignorant is up in the air.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Tension between the player characters thick enough to cut a knife - be it antagonistic or sexual or both, lol. One player character has to hide a secret from the other player characters and it’s not going so well. Mortal danger that catches everybody with their pants down. The discovery of something ancient and huge. Magic that is deep and complex and inherently incomprehensible. Magic that goes very, very wrong. Slow, quiet romance/friendship. If a thread could encompass every one of these aspects I’d probably go nuts, ha ha.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka is ripe with potential for epic discoveries if you have the courage to look. It is very dependent on player activity, though.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? I’ve never had you as a Moderator so I’m not sure :)
Additional Comments: If any of you have any kind of skill with photo-editing, I am willing to pay you in love and threads for Kaimana’s display picture :P Otherwise, I can't wait to play with you guys!
Kaimana
A knack for discovery; an obligation to look.

Words: 3813
Joined roleplay: December 29th, 2017, 5:18 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet

Postby Aspen Coolwater on January 8th, 2018, 5:51 am

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Aspen Coolwater
Age, Sex, Race? 21/M/Vantha
Describe your character in a short abstract? Having left his home in order to prove himself, Aspen is looking for a place to lie low until the bounties are off his head. Aspen is usually calm and collected, although he is currently highly stressed and exhausted, and is simply looking for a refuge.
Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Not a resident, but probably a long stay, possibly even becoming a temporary resident.
What are your favorite types of threads? I like interaction with other players, and ones that allow for character development.
What types of threads do you despise? None I can think of.
How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I'd like to work with Aspen having changing morals to deal with his new situation, as well as him dealing with Morwen's new reputation, and his 'abandonment' of his kinsfolk.
Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Typical LOTR fantasy adventure tbh.
Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? Syka's strengths are probably the potential for future development, and the protective wilderness. Weaknessess are probably the fragility of the area and the potential for it to lose what makes it special with development.
How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? N/A
Additional Comments:
Aspen Coolwater
Player

Words: 10771
Joined roleplay: January 7th, 2018, 7:57 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ialari Pythone on January 11th, 2018, 9:52 pm

Character Registry

Your Formal PC Name & Any Alias': Ialari Pythone Pitrius

Age, Sex, Race? 48 years old, Female, Isur

Describe your character in a short abstract? A highly religious individual with a yearning to understand her place in life. Her very soul shattered, she seeks to understand why and discover how to reforge herself into the greater whole that eludes her. Highly attuned to the divine realm of the Ukalas, Ialari sees divine omens in everything she sees. Everything is somehow connected to everything else.

Are you a Resident? If not, how long are you visiting for? Nt yet a resident, but the visitation could turn into such.

What are your favorite types of threads? Magic and the divine first and foremost with pretty much anything else coming second.

What types of threads do you despise? Social threads that don't go anywhere.

How would you like to see your character grow or change this season? I would like to see Ialari take another leap in her quest to understand who she really is while following her thirst to uncover that which is hidden, lost or otherwise kept secret from mortal minds.

Describe your idea of a dream thread (if the fact that everyone posted regularly and a moderator was running it becomes a given)? Discovering a great secret that could change the course of the character's life. There isn't any one thread that could define that as my character is ever evolving and growing.

Can you define Syka's strengths AND weaknesses? I feel that Syka's greatest strength is that it is by and large, undeveloped. While Gossamer has put an immense amount of work into technical development of Syka, it is storywise undeveloped and open for players to help it grow. This can also be its weakness in that not all players have the desire or ability to take the initiative to help contribute to Syka's growth from the ground up thus making the task a bit more complicated for those who are willing and able.

How do you want to see me improve as a Moderator? Keep doing what you are doing with innovation and creativity that continues to spur new levels of enjoyment overall.

Additional Comments: This should be an interesting new direction for Ialari.
Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
Ialari Pythone
I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext