Character Registry: Spring 518

To write in Ravok for the Spring season, one must register here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Prophet on February 20th, 2018, 10:20 pm

RAVOKIAN REGISTRY
x x xSPRING 518

PC Occupations :
    Tierra - Orphan
    Shainn - Slave
    Clyde - Stryfer
    Shane - Clerk
    Evarista - Instructor
    Maya - Slaver
    Rook - Slave
    Sevris - Stryfer
    Shiress - Slave
    Belugnir - Mercenary
    ✦ Name - Job
    ✦ Name - Job

Housing :
Ravok has a different approach to Housing. Please review the article in the Codex to make sure you're in accordance with the city's practices.

Character Name:
Type of Residence: Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
Profession: What does your PC do for money?
Briefly Describe Your Character: Give us a line or two about you.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? You may cite or link a Lore page but please tell us why.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. Be sure to credit the author if known.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Combat, Dialogue, Describing thoughts and feelings, etc etc etc. Please don't tell me you want to be a more consistent writer because I can't help you with that.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Develop relationships, Increase a particular skill, Learn a new skill, etc etc etc.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? Location, group, plot, etc.

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Location, group, plot, etc

You may ask one question of your ST. You may NOT ask for plot or development spoilers.

Code: Select all
[u]Character Name:[/u]
[u]Type of Residence:[/u] Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
[u]Profession:[/u] What does your PC do for money?
[u]Briefly Describe Your Character:[/u] Give us a line or two about you.
[u]Need Moderator’s Assistance:[/u] Yes or No.  If yes, please explain.

[u]What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often?[/u] You may cite or link a Lore page but please tell us why.

[u]Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene.[/u] Be sure to credit the author if known.

[u]What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer?[/u] Combat, Dialogue, Describing thoughts and feelings, etc etc etc.  Please don't tell me you want to be a more consistent writer because I can't help you with that.

[u]What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC?[/u] Develop relationships, Increase a particular skill, Learn a new skill, etc etc etc.

[u]Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything?[/u] Location, group, plot, etc.

[u]Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong?[/u] Location, group, plot, etc

[u]You may ask one question of your ST.[/u] You may NOT ask for plot or development spoilers.

Template Courtesy of Wymez
Last edited by Prophet on June 1st, 2018, 8:13 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Reason: Will be removing thread.
Prophet
Cannibal of Faith

Words: 816271
Joined roleplay: January 16th, 2016, 5:18 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Tierra on February 21st, 2018, 12:04 am

Character Name: Tierra
Type of Residence: Orphan
Profession: she makes money??
Briefly Describe Your Character: Tierra is a wanna be sneaky sneaky
Need Moderator’s Assistance: maybe? To further plots

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? Pyken because pycons are underrated lol but disguise because it is awesome

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. will update on laptop

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? non-combat skills like leadership etc

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Develop disguise and stealth

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything?

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? more on the black sun I wants plots :)

You may ask one question of your ST. Android or Apple or Windows?
Total Threads: 9/10|ThreadAny Threads that are not solos 6/8|Solos 3 of 2

Until I have some free slots available I will not be taking on any new threads.
Thank you for understanding.

Due to some changes in my family dynamics I will be as active as I can. Please bear with me.
Tierra
You have no secrets even in shadows.

Words: 73477
Joined roleplay: September 15th, 2014, 5:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Shainn on February 21st, 2018, 12:32 am

Character Registry
Character Name: Shainn
Type of Residence: Current state, slave.
Profession: What does your PC He earns no money yet. (Key word yet)
Briefly Describe Your Character: Shainn is a very skeptical Gray Owl Kelvic. He loves to evaluate his situation when it's given to him. He doesn't prepare himself for future consequences, only if he knows that something bad might happen to him. He has a weak spot for seducing women, due to the fact he was forced to seduce them through experimentation at the KRI.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: In between. Yes because Shainn has yet to be developed. No, because I understand enough about Ravok, but unsure because I don't know what sort of route to move Shainn on with. I want him to be free, but he wishes for a bondmate. Like any other Kelvic, so he's stuck with desperation.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? The poisons. I play Avinasai and I love to see more poison lore going about, and more quest threads that involve sabotage with poison, or rogue like quests.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. one or many?

Diary of Jane (Breaking Benjamin) "I will try and find my place, in the Diary of Jane." I can see an awesome mystery thread scene regarding these lyrics.
Two Words (A Short Story)
The Youngest Doll (A Short Story)

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer?
Combat, and rouge like skills.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Get Shainn's freedom. Not die. Possibly get his own citizen ship papers and be free of slavery status. Since Ravok is all he knows for the most part. I want him to find a bondmate, but I also want to see what's in store for those experiments.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything?
I think that the Ebonstryfe need to chillaxe....

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong?
Nope.
You may ask one question of your ST. What's your favorite food?
Shainn
Player

Words: 30907
Joined roleplay: July 5th, 2017, 2:30 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 1st, 2018, 3:18 am

Character Name: Clyde Sullins
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: Ebonstryfe Commander
Briefly Describe Your Character: Self interested mage, always looking for more- knowledge, money, power, henchmen, etc.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Unsure

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I would love to work on some more summoning worlds, particularly worlds appropriate for low-mid level users. Most of the current ones seem to either be for novices, or high level uses, with little in between. Perhaps some new worlds would increase their usage? Both for summoning pc's and ST plots.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene.- Pink- Just like Fire-
"Just like fire, burning up the way
If I can light the world up for just one day
Watch this madness, colorful charade
No one can be just like me any way."

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? More practical building/crafting type skills, I've never been very good at writing them.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Develop non-magical combat skills, and a few practical ones like riding and Wilderness Survival.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? Mmm... Can't think of any specific location I've wanted/needed to use that wasn't around in Ravok.

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Not currently.

You may ask one question of your ST. If you could have one of your pc's go on a quest/thread with Clyde, what sort of quest/thread would you want it to be?
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Shane Wallsly on March 1st, 2018, 11:10 am

Character Name: [url=http://www.mizahar.com/forums/post314258.html#p314258]Shane Wallsly
Type of Residence: Citizen (Applying for full Citizenship)
Profession: Clerk at The Mystic Eye
Briefly Describe Your Character: Shane is, on the surface, a nice, introverted youth; brimming with curiosity and contemplation. He always seems relatively harmless and inexperienced if occassionally cynical. Within, there is guilt, paranoia and an occassional spark of ruthlessness.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? As a player, I would like to see Uldr's followers more prevelant in most domains. I know it's not really the kind of plotline that would come up for Ravok but I have always found the entire Pyramid Scheme of Uldr's Gnosis quite interesting but rather underplayed. Yes, there are a few players who have done great things with the Gnosis and with the cult that is associated with it but I would like to see them used more often in City Events and see more City NPCs with ties to the God of Undead even if just hinted at. Again, I realise I am in quite the wrong domain to be suggesting this.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene.
You really stumped me with this one. You really did. I can think of awesome lyrics and book quotes but ones that would make an awesome RP scene? Well, anything from Tolkien. Gloryhammer's whole songlist from both albums. There's far too much to narrow down here. Let me give it a shot:
Nope, okay I've been at this for half an hour now. Let's try this one:
"When the devil is too busy
And death's a bit too much
They call on me, by name you see
For my special touch
To the gentleman i'm Miss. Fortune
To the ladies I'm Sir Prize
But call me by any name
Any way it's all the same"
~ When You're Evil, Voltaire
Why? Because I'm imagining an L4 Chaon simply walking through a city sowing discontent, chaos, enmity and unhappiness everywhere he goes. I like to think he's dressed to the nines, completely effortlessly sowing chaos and strife wherever he goes. That's a City Entrance post I'd love to write.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I would have to say combat. Since joining Mizahar in... I want to say 2013, I've not written anywhere else. So, since Shane has never been in a real fight and none of my other characters made it far off the ground, I haven't written a proper fight scene in years. I imagine I'm quite rusty by now. Plus, between you, me and everyone else who can access this very public forum, I wasn't that good at it to start off with.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Mostly, I just want to find Shane a purpose. His damn cynicism, paranoia and general mistrust of everything has stopped him from developping any meaningful relationships with people or organisations. Aside from vague delusions of grandeur he is frankly too scared to seize, Shane feels aimless a whole lot of the time.
Side Note : I'd love to get my Auristics to Experrt this season.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? It could perhaps do with more centralisation of the various forms etc that are needed to be filled out. I mean absolutely no disrespect but I've been here, there and everywhere in the forum to find this, that and the next form I need to fill out to get Shane started up here. Then again, I will say all this thread hopping has succesfully immersed me in much of the lore of the city. In this respect, it definitely works.

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Umm, big question. I don't feel that I have quite the requisite feeln for the city that I would need to pass comment on this. I'm not holding anything back, I just haven't noticed any particular thing that struck me as out of place.

You may ask one question of your ST. What is your favourite personal magic to roleplay?
Group Threads: 1/3

ImageImageImage

Clerk at Mystic Eye Fortune Telling
Shane Wallsly
Success Is The Only Option

Words: 284445
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2013, 9:10 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)

Postby Evarista on March 1st, 2018, 1:47 pm

Character Name: Evarista.
Type of Residence: Citizen.
Profession: Citizen. With benefits.
Briefly Describe Your Character: Evarista knows the bottle. Evarista is the bottle. Evarista is the cork and guardian of the bottle. Thirst, indulgence, hangover, all are one in Evarista.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Pass the Stilton.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? The five families. You know.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene.
Secret :
LO! Death hath rear'd himself a throne
In a strange city, all alone,
Far down within the dim west —
Where the good, and the bad, and the worst, and the best,
Have gone to their eternal rest.

There shrines, and palaces, and towers
Are — not like any thing of ours —
Oh no! — O no! — ours never loom
To heaven with that ungodly gloom!
Time-eaten towers that tremble not!
Resemble nothing that is ours.
Around, by lifting winds forgot,
Resignedly beneath the sky
The melancholy waters lie.

No holy rays from heaven come down
On the long night-time of that town,
But light from out the lurid sea
Streams up the turrets silently —
Up thrones — up long-forgotten bowers
Of scultur'd ivy and stone flowers —
Up domes — up spires — up kingly halls —
Up fanes — up Babylon-like walls —
Up many a melancholy shrine
Whose entablatures intertwine
The mask — the viol — and the vine.

There open temples — open graves
Are on a level with the waves —
But not the riches there that lie
In each idol's diamond eye,
Not the gaily-jewell'd dead
Tempt the waters from their bed:
For no ripples curl, alas!
Along that wilderness of glass —
No swellings hint that winds may be
Upon a far-off happier sea:
So blend the turrets and shadows there
That all seem pendulous in air,
While from the high towers of the town
Death looks gigantically down.

But lo! a stir is in the air!
The wave — there is a ripple there!
As if the towers had thrown aside,
In slightly sinking, the dull tide —
As if the turret-tops had given
A vacuum in the filmy heaven.
The waves have now a redder glow —
The very hours are breathing low —
And when, amid no earthly moans,
Down, down, that town shall settle hence,
All Hades, from a thousand thrones,
Shall do it reverence,
And Death to some more happy clime
Shall give his undivided time.

- Edgar Allan Poe on Ravok

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I want to be spooky.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Need more morphing. Not enough morphing.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? More activity from the families. You know.

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Me. Feels good.

You may ask one question of your ST. Is Elias the new- oh, you said no spoilers. Time will show, then.
Evarista
Whose eyes are those eyes?

Words: 372744
Joined roleplay: August 1st, 2016, 11:28 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Ravok Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Maya Lark on March 1st, 2018, 4:43 pm

Character Name: Maya Lark
Profession: Slaver
Briefly Describe Your Character: Maya is extremely calculating when it comes to encounters with people around her. Even her own family at times.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not right now

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? It's been a while since I took a hard look at the lores unless I need it in thread

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. But you won't get to see the tears I cry; Behind these hazel eyes. There can be all kinds of scenes made from this

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Leadership

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Develop relationships

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? I think everything looks good right now

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? Not sure but I will keep on the look out for it

You may ask one question of your ST. Nope Im good
Maya Lark
Player

Words: 67052
Joined roleplay: September 26th, 2015, 3:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rook on March 1st, 2018, 5:53 pm

Character Name: Rook
Type of Residence: Slave
Profession: Slaving it up in Here. And a bit of gofering and protection on the side.
Briefly Describe Your Character: A kelvic slave born in the confines of the KRI, Rook has been flexing a modicum of independence by exploring the world around him and observing everything with great intensity. He's quiet, independent, and quietly rebellious.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Almost certainly yes. Guessing you know why.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? I need to push through the lore surrounding Ravok more thoroughly since I've been distracted by other things, but I'd love to see more of Rhysol's direct influence within the city. His presence is there subtly, but its a shame he doesn't shake things up a bit more.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. Lake Pontchartrain by Ludo. Listen to the whole song if you can, because its an AWESOME horror ballad with a kicker of an ending. But here's a blurb:
Come down to Lake Pontchartrain
Rest Your Soul and feed your brain
That's where you will get to see
Everything the water can be

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? I haven't had many opportunities to write combat, so that's definitely something that I'd like to get a chance to explore. Other than that I KNOW my prose needs work. I like to avoid it cause I want to get straight to the action, but prose is important cause it helps to set mood and theme.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? I definitely want to kick Rook off towards becoming more of a spy type. Intelligence, Intimidation, Observation, maybe even stuff like Investigation. I also want to get his combat abilities up a bit, and give him an opportunity to act more wolf like with stuff like Hunting or Wilderness Survival.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? I have not yet noticed a lack of anything in particular, but I'll keep my eyes peeled

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? None noted thus far

You may ask one question of your ST. How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck would chuck wood?
ImageImage Elias Caldera
Rook
Ever Watchful

Words: 120230
Joined roleplay: January 14th, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Sevris on March 2nd, 2018, 10:16 pm

Character Name: Sevris Lazarin
Profession: What does your PC do for money? Stryfe
Briefly Describe Your Character: Adamant about getting back what was taken from him by any means.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: I don't think so yet.

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? The kids of Gods. Wish there was more plots involving them.

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. I got nada.

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Describing my surroundings.

What is the thing you want to improve the most in regards to your PC? Become master swordsman and get my rank back.

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? More The Voice

Is there anything in Ravok that you feel does not belong? I dont know.

You may ask one question of your ST. Nothing to ask.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Shiress on March 2nd, 2018, 10:21 pm

Character Name: Shiress

Type of Residence: Slave

Profession: She slaves for it

Briefly Describe Your Character: This is a long story, but Shiress has come to the light and then that light blinded her...

Need Moderator’s Assistance: maybe

What is a piece of Mizahar lore that you would like to write about or see used more often? The cultivation lore!

Give me a song lyric or a line from a beloved book that you think would make for an awesome RP scene. Frodo lay naked on a heap of rags in the middle of the room. He was surprised to see Sam and rested in his arms for a minute, then when Sam said they should go on, despaired because he believed the ring to be taken. Sam revealed that he had kept it hidden. At first, Frodo was utterly elated to find that Sam had saved the Ring, but suddenly demanded that Sam hand over the Ring, calling Sam a thief. Grabbing the Ring, Frodo apologized to Sam. Frodo and Sam outfitted themselves in Orc gear and climbed down the ladder. **The epic of rescues!!**

What is the skill you would most like to improve upon as a writer? Dialogue and describing thoughts and feelings. Even as I write this, I struggle with both!

Do you feel that Ravok is in desperate need of anything? Yeah, a slave revolt...

You may ask one question of your ST. Will you go iceskating with me when Ravok freezes over?
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Next