PM to join [The Drunken Fish] Business As Usual (Crylon)

Kelski is working on a business deal and meets a person new to the city.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

[The Drunken Fish] Business As Usual (Crylon)

Postby Kelski on January 18th, 2019, 2:32 am

Kelski wasn’t sure telling Crylon all about her past was the best course of action, but it was the only way she could think of to make him understand her bitterness. And truthfully could a man who had lived free all his life and hasn’t had to bow or service another unwilling ever truly understand a set of circumstances? They could sympathize with them, but they didn’t necessarily understand them.

Had he ever taken blows he was defenseless to prevent? Had he ever been hungry or thirsty for days and days on end? Had he ever had to make his bed out of a nest at the bottom of a musty wardrobe because no bed was provided a stupid simple slave? She didn’t know. And she was afraid to ask. Those were personal things and so far he hadn’t seemed to willing to talk about his personal life.

So she was surprised at his words, where he admitted he couldn’t understand. Crylon was wise, and the more she talked to him the more she was glad for her decision to hire him. Not only was he good in a fight – even if he felt killing was a waste – but he had a mind perched on his shoulders and just not a jaw to unhinge and shove food into.

He launched into a big analogy full of colorful metaphors that almost lost Kelski. But in the end, she got the gist of what he was saying and nodded thoughtfully. “It makes sense. I haven’t thought about it that way though… its hard to get through the anger… to let it go… long enough not to hate or not to think the worst of everyone before you get to know them.” She added, wondering how much of an excuse that actually was.

He spoke more and she thought about it longer. Was he saying that she was gifting power to the humans by letting herself hate them and behave a specific way because of them?” The Kelvic tilted her head and looked thoughtful.

“I don’t want to hate them, Crylon. My people were made to serve humans loyally. I want to find someone to partner up with. I want to find someone to love, to protect, to have their backs always. I want to work with someone who will ….” She paused, tilting her head slightly with a puzzled expression on her face for a moment. It felt almost for a moment like she had met someone like that but it was a crazy thought. Kelski had been flying solo a long time.

“… who will always support me, who needs me… its how we are built. But somehow I don’t think I can… I don’t think the things inside of me that are Kelvic are working correctly. My kind bond with people, share our lives and emotions, know where each other are at all times…. and I’m older now. No one has come close to letting me bond. I have a crazy feeling I can’t… or someone has told me I can’t.” She looked puzzled, then shook her head, finding her memories empty of any such a thing even though it felt right.

His rat analogy was brilliant. It dove right into the part of her mind that liked to keep things simple and clear cut. She nodded slowly as he painted the picture of the store room and the rats and how unnecessary the hate was. And she smiled when he was done, looking a little sheepish, a little stunned.

“I had no idea that I was…. doing that. Giving them so much of myself they haven’t earned and that they shouldn’t have. I would think hating the rats in the store room would do more damage to the hater than the actual rats. If one simply didn’t care and put that energy into preventing rats from getting into the store room, one’s productivity is far better. Ones mind health….” Was there even a word for that? “… would be stronger?” She would ask him if that made sense, but she was sure that’s what he was getting at.

“You make a good point. Talking with you is a lot like dancing in circles. If we were fighting, I would either call a halt and a tie in the ring, or I would simply concede to you for your logic. It feels circular though… like we are spinning around and around.” She said with a slight laugh.

“Yes. I won’t let them do that to me. Thank you for your words.” She said, deciding he was right, even as she leaned a hip up against a half-fallen wall and took a break from walking around and clearing out the debris of the squatters camp.

“Oh.. fallen of Leth. Yes I found a sky stone too…. It gave me a third eye for a while. Then it turned into something else entirely. But that’s not what I mean. There are people that belong to Leth and Syna – either one or the other – and they fall from the sky like those stones did. They are called Ethaefal. If they are Leth’s children, at night they have this beautiful form with horns that change as the seasons change and during the day they appear whatever race they were before they died and ascending to Leth’s realm. Syna’s children have that same form as well, but they keep it during the day. At dusk they assume whatever form they had when they died in the life before. I think most are human, or at least the one I know was human. But they are immortal... they live forever unless someone kills them.” She said thoughtfully.

“Shall we head towards The Gem and get you a room selected and you settled in?” She said softly, looking thoughtfully at him. They could talk more about Eth’s as they walked or he could start on another subject. Kelski was a bit hesitant about introducing him to The Gem, but there were things he’d need to know about the building before he moved in.

“I need to tell you about The Midnight Gem too… its… a little unique.” She said as she gestured, hoping he’d follow along with her. If Crylon agreed, they could retrace their steps for the moment, and head back to the neighboring building. “It has a quality of life to it, like it is a living breathing thing….” She said quietly, hoping he would just accept it being from the old Kingdom of Sultros where such things were still heard of. “… and before you say anything, I need to ask you to keep it to yourself. Here in Sunberth, such things aren’t easily understood and it could lead to a mob trying to burn it down. The Gem is amazing, and will be a very good place to live. But I don’t want you unwarned to its more unique qualities before you step foot inside.” She said thoughtfully, glancing at Crylon to judge his reaction.
They laugh at me because I am different.
I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Painted Sky Jewelry (The Wildlands) | Crossroads Jewelry (The Outpost)
Kelski
Freedom is earned. Fight for it.

Words: 2015452
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 11:08 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on January 20th, 2019, 10:17 pm

Metaphors, when translated correctly, seemed to work somewhat better as a means of communicating for Crylon. It was a concept being approached, which if seen and experienced did not require full explaining to make sense. Of course, if the person was not familiar with the topic of the metaphor, the explanation and the concept trying to be explained by it would also not make sense.

His fall back was to apply things to forges, making things, but he supposed not everyone would have experience and understanding with it. But then, this woman was likewise a maker, had worked on a forge, and so perhaps would more so than the average person?

She seemed to listen and try to understand, even if not yet fully grasping it from his first try. But then it was a rather intense topic.... Or perhaps he just had not tried the correct metaphor just yet.

Her explanation, further details on kelvics, seemed interesting and odd. Not only made, but made to serve and be loyal to humans? Surely then their maker was a human, but not a normal one if they had done such things. Surely magic then had been involved, but that was like saying walls were involved in building a house. True, but rather sparse in the how and details of it.

“Is seem like that thing most want. Someone can trust. Someone like be around, who can watch back and trust to do so. Seem in this city... It harder to find, but all more important to do so, yes? Can't watch own back all time.”

“People, Isur, human kelvic, sound like all need be needed. Is good, have need to fill. Others, just alive not living, they not have need fill for anyone but self., yes? Is maybe this lack of filling need, of doing, making, that cause?”

This bond though, it also to Crylon's ear sounded magical. Bonding, knowing how the other feel and where they were... Not just a simple bond of trust or love or other things more common things.

“Is bond, how this work? Is because kelvic? And only work with human, or others? This Safefull, from sky, or Isur, or other not human? How it till different?”

His second analogy, unlike the first, seemed spot on. He could see the difference in her comprehension, as she nodded and understanding flared in her eyes and face. He was not sure why that one worked and not the other, but the important thing he supposed was that it had worked eventually.

“Yes, you say... Better. Common, not first tongue, sometimes hard to explain things not physical. Things deep. Surface easy. Sky. Ground. Ear. Nose. Surface. But deep, things... Concepts... Much harder. Need more... Finesse. But is as meaning say, believe.”

“With talk though, is not more fun that way? If to much one side, falls always on that side. If equal on both sides, goes back, goes forth, goes both ways, no sure. Not sure of talk, of discuss... Debate... Is what make good, yes? Seen learn more, when not too easy, not too hard.”

Crylon was glad that the two had ended the topic with a happy note, and her coming to better understand his meaning. It filled him with a bit of pride, to see her filled with a bit of happiness and perhaps a bit more of hope. The thing she had thought herself emptied of.

“Is think hear of these, in Ravok. Not all understand then though. You also found sky stone? Is gave third eye when find?”

Crylon absently looked up at the woman's forehead, before glancing about and settling back on her two eyes. He supposed like his change it had gone back to normal, though perhaps it had not been on her forehead? But like an extra arm, it simply seemed to make sense that an extra eye would be there.

Crylon nodded at her comment of returning to the Gem, the place he would be staying at. However her words on the Gem the building, confused Crylon. She seemed to speak of it as if... It was a person.

“Is fine, not tell. Who tell, anyways. Not know anyone. But not tell anyone in Sunberth, if you asking not to.”

It was not an outright lie, but Crylon felt it was true enough. If he ever returned home, to Sultros, there was little he would hide from his family. That was his whole reason for coming here. So what he said was true, and he meant it, in the particular fashion he had said it. But then, he also somewhat felt from her own phrasing she was only asking him to do so in dealing with people in Sunberth who would not react well to such things.

“But what you mean, odd about it? Like, it made odd materials? Or... Mean something else? Why it odd? Something done to it, make it so?”

Almost as an after thought, Crylon's mind turned back to their earlier conversation. The fallen of Leth and Syna. And the fallen sky rocks of Leth... This woman had also found one. He'd been distracted from discussing his own tale in regards to it by her bringing up the oddity of the building.

“And you also find one of fallen sky stones? Myself as well. You get extra eye? I not get extra eye, different thing happen me. I find stone, touch, bring back to room. Fell asleep. When woke, was woman. Very odd time. I change back too, like you lose extra eye.”

Crylon spoke of this in the same offhand manner he seemed to take most things with, like such things happened to people every other season and he was bringing up nothing more odd than a strange bout of weather rather than waking up the wrong gender for some reason and eventually changing back.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Words: 679695
Joined roleplay: June 2nd, 2018, 4:26 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Kelski on January 26th, 2019, 3:46 am

Kelski fingered the thing in her pocket, looted off the corpse. It felt like a necklace, but had a sense of oldness to it. As she spoke with Crylon, she wondered how the squatter had come by it. Such things in Sunberth were often turning up and she suspected because of the city’s trade hub status. From Sahova and Konti Isle and its long and lengthy history of its complex underground, things just found their way into Sunberthian hands. Kelski marveled at it even as Crylon spoke metaphors and talked of hope.

Her attention snapped back to him as he spoke. “Isn’t that what everyone wants in the end? Someone to trust. Someone a person would like being around? Someone to love and watch ones back? It is hard to find here. Impossible sometimes, I think. But it’s the sort of thing I want… a family.” She said thoughtfully, almost certain she had it, at least in part. There were big pieces missing, things she couldn’t put her finger on… but all in all she loved the people that were around her day in and day out. Would Crylon prove to be one of those? Kelski wasn’t sure. He certainly had the ability to make her think of things different ways. And that satisfied something in her that wanted to use her brain for higher things than just cutting gemstones or fighting off thugs in the streets.

“I want to be needed too. But sometimes its hard when people don’t see you as having value… no matter what your actions are.” Kelski said suddenly, certain someone sometime or another had found no true value in her. The Kelvic frowned about it, momentarily puzzled that no name or face came to mind, but she shook it off and turned her attention back to Crylon.

His language was atrocious. Kelski hoped over time it would improve because sometimes his questions confused her. “Kelvics bond with humans and other intelligent people… like the Isur. There is another Isur living at The Gem too. He has a kelvic bondmate, a kelvic snow leopard. She’s a lovely companion. He rescued her from a slave auction. You can ask them perhaps, about their bond. I… cannot answer those questions.” Kelski affirmed, knowing Kelvics could bond with Isur. “I’ve never bonded. I… something inside me isn’t working because I don’t think I can. I never have remembered trying to or having the urge too. It’s not normal among my kind. We want to bond. We want to serve others. It was how we were made to be. But honestly, I don’t know how it works. I don’t think I….” She admitted then cut off her final thought. She was then was immensely relieved he changed the subject almost immediately.

“He is an Ethaefal. Eth-Aye-Fall.” Kelski pronounced it slowly. “They have two forms. One is this mystical form with horns. They are immortal. And they either are associated with Leth or Syna. When Syna is out if they are associated with Syna, they look like their mystical form…. meaning during the day. If they associate with Leth, they look mystical during the night. At dawn and dusk that changes to their other form, which could be any race at all. My friend is human. He is human in the day, Ethaefal in the night. I don’t know anything else as to why or how or where they even fell from. I have asked him but he does not know.” She said firmly, making sure the fantastical thing she was saying was getting through Crylon’s head. “They are immortal. They never age.” She said, thinking that was the last thing she actually knew for sure about them.

Kelski lost his meaning completely when he started talking about surface…. sky ground? Ears nose? What? The Kelvic blinked, then realized he meant superficial descriptions verses deeper complex concepts. But she still didn’t quite understand exactly what he meant. She kept silent though, hoping he’d shed light on his own thoughts.

So Crylon liked to talk things out? He liked to debate? There was plenty of that at The Gem, though Kelski often liked the silence better. He’d fit in well, if his hobby was debating. She wondered how he’d get along with the other Isur.

Then he changed the subject yet again. The man was flat out social. Kelski preferred brooders. They kept silent while she could study them and try to figure them out. Crylon certainly wasn’t that. But he was good company, which often times brooders were not. The Kelvic tilted her head. “Yes, I found one. It did give me a third eye for several evenings. Then it changed into something else. I haven’t quite figured out what it is now. I will one day… when there’s time to breath. There hasn’t been much time for reflection and study lately. Many things are going on in the city… in my life… plotting, planning, and I’ve been oddly sad. I don’t know why.” She added, almost as an afterthought. She didn’t know why she kept sharing so much with this man.

She needed to keep her big mouth shut.

But she was relieved when Crylon seemed perfectly fine keeping The Gem’s more unusual qualities to himself. His explanation and boundaries – most specifically the In Sunberth part – made her comfortable continuing on. He had an outright honesty about himself… and she saw nothing deceitful about him. It was true Kelski was bad at reading people, but she liked Crylon. He was chatty and liked pushing a conversation deeper which she enjoyed. He also seemed to stand by his values, and even if they were different than her own, he asked questions and strove to understand which in turn made her feel like she could do the same with him.

That was a nice thing… an open dialog with someone who was more than willing to talk about things. That seemed so unlike what she seemed to be used too, though she couldn’t for the life of her remember why there had been others that she hadn’t opened up to so well.

“What different thing happened to you with your stone? A woman!?!!? You changed sex?!?!” Kelski laughed outright, grinning at him. “I see that you did. You’ll have to tell me the story of you being a woman for however long it changed you. Now that would be a good tale!” She said, still laughing. She thought her third eye was pretty weird. But his sex change? Beyond belief.

By that time, the pair was at The Gem and Kelski was passing into the retail space, pushing the door wide and allowing the Isur to join her inside. It was a jewelry shop filled with fine things. She gave him a quick tour of the retail space, and then showed him her workshop where she did most of her jewelcrafting work. Then, a quick trip to the basement got him initiated into the training room and exercise facility before she took him upstairs to the main living quarters.

The tour upstairs was more elaborate. The layout of The Midnight Gem was expansive upstairs and very unique. There was a large living area, complete with a meeting table, huge fireplace, balcony, and a space for music. There was a large kitchen off the living quarters, then rooms that surrounded the place. Kelski pointed out which rooms were occupied and let him pick one that was not. When she showed him the two rooms he could select from, once he’d selected one, she asked him to stand in its center and speak to her of what a proper Isur living quarters looked like.

“Just be honest… describe it in as much detail as you can. What do Isur private rooms look like? What feels comfortable? What type of thing do you sleep on? Is it a bed? A pallet on the floor? A pile of furs? Just talk freely and The Gem will fix up your room as you like it…” She said quietly. Then, if he would talk of it, she’d lead him out of the room, close the door firmly, and when he was done show him the room Anja lived in and how it looked exactly like the inside of a Drykas Pavilion… down to the walls fluttering as if it were a real tent.

Duncan’s own room looked like it had stone walls, cave-like, with Lia – his bondmate snow leopard – having one end that looked more like a den than a bedroom. Once the pair had bonded, Duncan had given up his small room for a larger one that had room for two beds to give Lia a place near him to sleep. In the end, it hadn’t mattered because The Gem adjusted all the rooms within it to its resident’s desired size, shape, and decor if it knew what that was. Duncan’s side of the room was luxurious, dimly lit, and looked like they had decorative stone carved half-pillars trimming the door, window, and other features. His bed was a stone platform with a high-end mattress resting on it. Furs covered the bedding. Lia’s side was roughhewn stone. Her bed was more of a nest of furs in one corner that looked incredibly comfortable and informal.

Kelski also showed Crylon the bathing and voiding chambers, which were numerous so people didn’t have to wait for a latrine. She gave him a quick tour of the library, study, and her own quarters which were full of silver and blue and whites with dark walls that almost resembled a nest in the patterning. Then, once that tour was done, she lead him back to his room and swung the door wide to see what The Gem had made changes on.
Last edited by Kelski on January 27th, 2019, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on January 26th, 2019, 5:34 pm

From Kelski's explanation of her home, of admitting people in to stay with her, with it seemed shepherding in strays to her home... It seemed the Kelvic was trying to make her own family, the very thing she spoke of missing.

Crylon, while not lacking the desire for friendship, comradery, and companionship... While not lacking such things, he had a family. Long distant, back in Sultros and its environs, but a family was one thing he had never lacked even if due to his travels among humans he had not always been around them.

It seemed a bit indelicate to say such a thing to her, that she was trying to make the thing she professed lacking, but perhaps it showed in his eyes as he looked at her. Not full of pity, but once more sorrow as he gazed at her saddened and lonely flesh. Appearing like the oddly flattish and oversized human, but not truly of them. Wanting a family, but not having a proper one. Having been tried and tested in such ways by the forge of live, as she told it, that even an Isur would have been pressed to come through intact.

“Yes, is thing anyone want. People trust. People support them. Is common want, I think, for all.”

But even if she did appear as the oddly flattish, particularly in the face, human, she seemed a nice enough being. Someone he could perhaps come to trust. At least when he looked past the features so common on humans, or so lacking outside of Isur.

“Words easy. Face, born with. Not matter if good face, or ugly, or say nice or say bad. Is actions, is do, that of import. Thing person control, what do, is of import. If people not see, then maybe they not looking right.”

Her understanding of the Kelvic bond, or the lack thereof, seemed a bit odd but not dramatically so. If he as an Isur had an innate ability, surely he would go about exploring and understanding it? Something that differentiated his people from others.

At the mention of the race, and of the proper way to pronounce it, Crylon took time and care to repeat it correctly. Learning to pronounce new words was an important step of learning a language.

“Eth... Hafe... Eth... Aye... Fall... Ethaefal. Yes. Will remember.”

The concept of changing, seemed odd. By day one way, by night another. He himself had felt such a change, by the hands of Leth, but it had lasted for days and then passed whereas this... This apparently was the natural state of such beings. Beings touched by and reflecting a deities power, much as in some respects his own people did so for Izurdin and his power.

“Sounds like, is touch by god power. If effect them, yes? If not born this way, always this way, then must been made such by their deity. Touch by them, is lasting thing. As touch by Izurdin lasting influence by Isur, in different way. Is part why my people as are. Long lived. Strong. Not bending. Dependable. Industrious. Is small reflection of Izurdin.”

“You say, missing bond. How choose this? If find person, how choose then? It just happen, or must do something to make happen?”

He understood the kelvic did not fully understand the bond from her earlier words, but perhaps she understood at least how it was commenced? Perhaps also, if it was this need, then the lacking was in part the cause of such a sadness she mentioned having?

Though he had yet to see her appear sad that he had noticed while they had been together... Perhaps she was sad when alone, and thus tried to collect a family? Or perhaps it came in fits and bursts? Or perhaps it was just hiding below the surface and he did not see it?

Her joy, her laughter, was particularly prominent and in contrast to the stated sadness as she rejoiced and made wonder of his having been turned into a woman for a time.

“Hardest part, learning to go to bathroom. Is like... Like relearning how to use hammer, but one without handle. Maybe not so bad, if always do, but difficult when happen all sudden.”

As they passed within the building, Crylon paused and looked about. He absentmindedly brushed his left arm on the back of his neck, feeling... Something... But only with his skin, in his skin, below it, not with his hand as that found only empty neck.

Though what, he had no idea. It had been like someone had held a bit of heat from a forge near the back of his neck for a moment. Odd. Distracting. Not painful by any measure. But... Odd.

He was quickly distracted by the workshop, the metal and spots for working it within. And also, as an afterthought, finished items she had worked. Nice to look at he supposed, but not the first place his mind or eyes went to in entering the room.

After that was the spot where selling took place, and the basement were training and exercise was done. That was but a quick passing though, and soon enough they were heading back upstairs and to the living spaces.

It was a large space, many open airy spots compared to the cramped and squat structures he had so often seen in Sunberth. This was a place for living in, not taking up space and existing. To experience, not just to see and use.

As she pointed out the open rooms Crylon picked the 4th bedroom, almost in a back corner and on the diagonally opposite side of the building from the open and exposed balcony.

Once he had picked one the kelvic requested an odd ceremony of him. To stand in his picked room, rather simple and straightforward looking, center himself in the middle of the room, and then tell her what his Isurian living quarters should look like. Not what they were, or could be, what could be made of the room, but the room itself.

He did his best, wishing he could explain it in Isurian which was a language much better versed in technical and deep explanations. And one he could use better in general. Details that were hard to explain in common where deeply embedded and a part of the Isurian tongue, along much more to be said and explained without confusion.

With a shrug he did his best to describe it, as best he could, though ended up having to repeat and rephrase things many times to get his meaning across.

Smooth, well cut stone, bricks matching and blending with the surrounding stone where it was not possible to simply work and cut the stone out into shape. Smooth bends, flat sides, full of symmetry and equality so that the room all added up.

Arches, pillars, and other such roofing features to help hold up the weight and to add heft and strength to it all. Always a symmetrical amount of them, either in their being one or a balancing one for each. A center stone on each top, both supporting and giving direction to the weight, particularly in the center of arches or joins within the stone.

No unneeded openings or windows, just a solid and strong structure meant to stand against ground quakes if they should occur or other such mountain threats.

A lit room, but not overly so, as Isur could see by less light than humans.

Squat, solid furniture, meant to stand up to heavy Isur moving about and using them, unlike the taller and lighter ones used by the lighter and elongated humans. And also smaller so as to be sized for the Isur form.

A solid stone platform, or well made metal frame which did not give and could hold a Isur plopping on it, with a soft but compact mattress on top. Smooth sheets, not overly thick as the Isur did not easily grow cold. A head pillow.

A chest to hold things, a table by the bed, and a chair to rest in when not using the bed.

Once he was done Crylon allowed Kelski to lead him out, showing him the odd mismatch of rooms. How they had gotten the stone for the room nearest his, as if their was an above ground mountain that had been hollowed and carved out. It was mystifying, and that coming from someone who spent his time looking at designs for buildings and helping to make such designs.

All the while as they walked about and after they left and closed his room, he began to feel the gently glancing heat on the back of his neck. Something about him but unclear what.

She spoke as if the building was alive, as if it would fix up his room, like it was another member of her family she was forming...

“You say something odd about place... Is... Gem... What about it...”

He began his question, but his words began to peter off as they returned to his room. For a moment the heat on his neck intensified, like he had stepped right up to the forge, and then it dropped off to nothing as if the forge had gone out.

And then Kelski swung the door open to his room.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kelski on January 27th, 2019, 9:34 pm

When the door was opened again, Kelski paused, always enjoying this part. She stepped back to give Crylon a look and then took a look herself. The Gem wouldn’t get every detail right, of course, since it had just met Crylon. But it had been exposed to Isur before. It did its best, scaling the furniture as Crylon seemed to want and arching the ceiling at impossible angles that didn’t match the outside of the structure at all. The one window Crylon might have enjoyed was covered with a heavy tapestry that he could pull back if he wished. Otherwise, the chamber was lit by gentle candles. It looked masculine, minimal, and comfortable. The stone floors were strangely warm as Kelski padded forward. The bed looked wood, but as she touched it she discovered it was indeed stone meant to look like carved and polished wood.

The bed had four posters that were carved in spirals and decorated with pillows that would slowly vanish if the Isur decided there was too much comfort. A huge chest sat at the foot of the bed, tall enough that he could not have to stoop much to get into it, but small enough it would prove no problem reaching the bottom with his Isur frame. Another matching wardrobe graced a far wall, plain and solid, but definitely looking like it belonged in the room.

The window was framed in arched stone, as was the doorway which was able to be barred with a heavy wooden door that was also arched in matching wood to the wardrobe and chest. The floor was elaborately patterned interlocking stones of contrasting but complimenting colors. The walls were a pale cream painted gold by candlelight, while the grey and brown of the floor took in wood tones of the furniture and blended it together with just a hint of cream as well. There was a vanity, sink, and a stand for coats or cloaks Cyrlon might have. There was also a large cork project board for Crylon to hang things from in his time of contemplating, complete with a hung jar of tacks and a heavy writing desk beneath it where more private work could be done if he needed a quick place to keep tabs on his work.

Kelski glanced at him to see what he thought. “The Gem won’t get everything right at first, but you’ll find day to day adjustments will be carried out. Furniture lifted, lowered, sizes adjusted, lighting changed if you find there’s not enough around the writing desk… that kind of thing. Talk to it if you want something specific, and be sure to thank it if it makes an adjustment you like. It is as alive as anyone else here… and appreciates being appreciated.” Kelski said, then walked to the center of the room and tapped her link to the Midnight Gem and flooded it with her gratitude and thanks. Love washed back at her, and she received what she thought of as a mental hug from the building. It was pleased to have another Isur. Duncan was a good guest, neat and clean, and one not shirking duties that were dirty if the Gem had something that needed to be done – like a chimney cleaned or latrine unplugged.

Kelski hoped it would develop a similar relationship with Crylon, though she wasn’t sure what the Isur would do when it saw this room. After seasons of trying to cover up The Gem’s doings… she’d found it was just easier to be open with the people that lived under its roof. Claiming ghosts only worked so long until a Spiritist had moved in and debunked that theory completely. Now she just was honest with people if she felt it was safe to do so. Crylon had assured her he was safe.

“Trust. I’m giving you our trust… mine and The Gems… .in showing you this.” She said softly, then waited for his reaction.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on January 27th, 2019, 11:55 pm

Crylon paused in mid sentence as the door swung open. His body froze, like a sudden freeze had swept over him and locked his body into place.

A moment. Two. Another. Then he remembered to breeze, and walked inside of the room... Which was completely different from before. He heard Kelski speaking, as if from afar, hearing her words but not being impacted by them heavily. Like blows below water.

It occurred to him then, the building was alive. She had not been speaking figuratively, had been quite literal. It would fix things for him. And had done so quite quickly. Which meant magic of some sort, though what he was not sure... But was the magic related only to making the room, or the building being alive?

He walked over to to the wall at the door, feeling the stone, smooth and tight as if freshly laid by a skilled hand... She had known this would happen. Had expected it. Had tried to prepare him for it, without saying specifically what it was. And how could she, would he have believed or understood before he saw? The building was alive. Was magic, of some sort. How, why, what, did not matter at that moment. It was.

Like the other stone room, this one was now also stone. Stone that did not fit within the dwelling, which seemed... Impossible. But clearly was. And not just some facade, or illusion, judging by the touch of the stone on his hand... The texture... It was real.

The window was covered now, a thick cloth blocking out light from without and holding back prying eyes and such. He could almost for a moment imagine he was back underground, back in Sultros, if in an oddly made room by an eccentric Isur.

Like Crylon the room was filled with purpose and use, not frivolities or unnecessaries. Some things for his convenience, but each thing in its place and a place and use for each thing.

Smooth stone floor. Colored stone frame for the bed, but soft and not rough to the touch. Gentle.

The bed had been carved out of a yellow minds dream, high posts with spirals like twisted metal but not of metal. A large chest for storing his simple possessions. A wardrobe made in tandem for clothing. Solid wood, made for Isur handling. Not bits of kindling like the humans used.

He noticed then the color design of the laid ground, a pattern that had escaped his notice at first but which slowly built in his mind into a sensible tiled pattern.

An odd dead plant thing on the wall, with bits of metal sticking points next to it... Along with a writing desk where he could stretch out his papers and writing and comfortably examine and write at them...

Taking in the room, his face was a mixture of emotions. Surprise. Happiness. Adulation. Fear, for a few moments. Back to surprise. Glee. Joy. Understanding. Confusion. Wonder. Respect.

Kelski had become forgotten at that point, as Crylon stared at the insides of the living house beast he was residing in. Which had taken him in, and seemed to want to make him happy. Comfortable.

What did it get out of this? Companionship? Affection? Knowledge? Did it have a need, to be filled? Did it learn by watching those within it? It did not seem hostile. Did not seem to want to trap him, at least at the moment. Had made no move to hold him.

Crylon's mind shifted, as he tried to find a face, and then realized such a thing, such a being, was the face. The entire thing, surely? Instead he picked a wall, focused on it, and nodded once, bending his back in an almost bow. If he was a house, could move things about, could make things, and had a guest, a pet, a being who did not harm him by living within, how would he present himself?

Nothing aggressive. Nothing violent. He would not outright reveal himself, but if it seemed safe, if the person seemed trusted... Then showing a bit of what he could do, as a peaceful greeting, seemed feasible.

Without thought he dropped into Isur, speaking in his own tongue to the house creature thing.

“I thank you, mighty being of the house form, of many rooms and a open facade. I see you have done this for me, as a peace offering, and to show you mean no harm. I see you have welcomed me within your form, your walls, as a guest. I thank you for what you have done, and hope that we can continue in such an arrangement of mutual trust and help. If there is anything you need of me, just ask. It seems you do not have much need of materials, or things, can make such on your own, but I believe we can still work together and live in harmony. Know I mean you no harm, if you in turn mean no harm for myself or those I associate with.”

Another nod to the wall, then a quick one to Kelski, before returning to the wall and making another small bow.

“How did you become as you are? Were you always alive? Are there others like you? How did you learn to build yourself, to move? To make yourself known? Or are all buildings like this?”

Crylon paused for a few moments, looking about, but it soon became clear the Gem had no intention of responding. Or if it did, he had no means of communicating with it in a way both could understand.

His last question, last thought, struck a cord within him. A bit more fear. Were all buildings like this? Alive? Aware? Perhaps weaker than this one, and so unable to make changes or voice their needs, but as alive and able as this building?

And Kelski wanted him to tear down another structure, and build a new one? To murder building?

Remembering then that Kelski was there, and he had been ignoring her, he turned to the kelvic. He began to continue in Isur, but within a few words remembered himself and returned to common.

“Ah... My excuses. I become... Distracted. Forgot you for moment. Is big new thing, to learn of being in house form of walls and place, which alive. To being inside of. Is it... Is it house, which alive? Or being which look like house, which alive and pretend house, which let inside body?”

For some odd reason Crylon's mind drifted to a large sea creature, floating about on the sea with a large chest and gut, rooms and things below the water made for human passengers... A living being the size of a large boat, shaped and willed into a form for its own usage...

“Is how eat? Or need eat? Is become like living? Or is always living? Find living? Is... Is buildings, others living, just not live nough to tell? Is... Is tear down building, kill other building! You want tear down other place, build new, is other alive?!”

Crylon's mind drifted again back to the large sea beast house being, bits of it arcing and cutting at another, tearing it apart and eating it, conquering other house sea beasts with humans on its back waving weapons. Killing another like it...

“Is you... Is you talk to it? Is it understand you? How you learn? How you meet living building being place?”
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kelski on January 28th, 2019, 2:35 am

Kelski took in all that The Gem had created and looked thoughtful. In a way she envied the races with culture, tradition, and an idea of what was normal. For Kelvics there were no such things. There were only bondmates, servitude, and that which their master’s wanted. They had virtually no culture of their own because they had no identity on their own. Deep within her, where she’d never admit it, Kelski was somewhat angry about it. Her people were deserving of far more than just a shadow identity gained from whomever they happened to bond too.

Her anger only rose when he spoke a foreign language, one she could not understand. The Gem was curious as well, sending its inquisitiveness down their link. Kelski could not translate for it since she didn’t know what the language was, he spoke. He could be threatening all their deaths for all she understood or simply communing with his God, Izurdin. So she patiently waited it out, leaning a hip up against a newly formed stone wall and laying her hand on The Gem to deepen their connection. The building wrapped its love around her, sensing her disquiet, and the Kelvic returned the sensation, wondering if a bondmate would be a lot like having The Gem.

No. It would be worse. The Gem didn’t make unreasonable demands of her or want her to do things she didn’t want to do. Its acceptance was critical and her love for it only deepened because of its acceptance.

Crylon spoke, pulling Kelski out of her communion, causing her to lift an eyebrow. “Neither one of us knows what you said.” She pointed out, in a tone that hinted a little at his rudeness and a little at her frustration.

“It’s a building.” Kelski said simply. “It’s a building that was a building for a long time. Then magic was breathed into it and it awoke to sentience and now it as if it is a child – learning, growing, testing its powers. I teach it things. It takes an interest in things. Sometimes it decorates like this. It seems to like decorating. Its walls are alive now… able to transform into what it wills them to be. It likes happiness and acceptance and comfort. I likes you talking to it. I’ve even rigged a system up that it can sometimes speak back.” Kelski said, gesturing for Crylon to follow her out of his new room.

“Here… in here.” She said, leading him back to the living room to a set of three chimes hanging by the balcony doorway. They looked natural there, long slender pipes hung by wires and a metal hoop. They were decorated by gemstones that danced in between the long pipes of the chimes. Each chime had a long tongue that hung in the center, with a singular word or phrase etched out of the metal. Yes. No. Don’t Understand. “You can ask it questions here… but in Common because it doesn’t understand your tongue because I have been its only teacher and unless you teach it whatever you were speaking, it won’t know what you say.” She said softly.

“It can ring the chimes.” The Kelvic further explained.

“It wasn’t always alive, no. I brought it to life. My family knows a magic… an old one… that breathes life into buildings. They become like this… grow… change… start having a mind of their own. They reflect their makers a great deal. And they know the needs of the residents and try to make them comfortable.” Kelski explained. “They can grow dark though, dangerous, if the minds that lead them are dangerous.” The Kelvic said, gesturing out the window.

“The stable will soon get life too…. so it can care for the animals it houses. And when you build the other building… and its strong and almost complete… I will do the same to it. And it will take a long time to awake, but when it does, it will absolutely embrace its task as well. Old magic is like that… magic from before the humans destroyed the world.” Kelski said with her voice almost breathless.

“The Gem is the only one like this so far….the stables is the second. Yes.. I talk to it. I share its thoughts, its emotions… answer its questions… teach it. It is in a way my child.” Kelski replied, answering his questions.

“You don’t meet them, Crylon. You create them. You birth them into the world with your djed and your will. Then you hope to do right by them and teach them peace and love and to be creative and nurturing.” The Kelvic replied, watching him intently. She had no idea of his reaction. But she decided to take a chance.

“I am a mage. Most people that live here are. This is a safe place for mages.” Kelski said firmly. “And the building you oversee the build for will be another such place.” She said firmly, wanting him to understand completely. It struck her suddenly as completely and utterly wrong that she was a mage. Someone somewhere somehow… a while ago… hadn’t believed she could be one. He’d believed it so fiercely she’d denied herself that identity. But it wasn’t true. And it was only when she uttered it that she realized she finally believed it. She was a mage.

The Kelvic smiled a slow soft smile of wonder completely unrelated to The Midnight Gem. And even though it was utterly unrelated in the way she said it, The Gem felt her revelation all the way down its link to her and the chimes on the wall … the ones labeled ‘yes’ rang out firmly, clearly, almost welcoming.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on January 29th, 2019, 12:40 am

Crylon paused for a moment hearing her point out she and the building had not understood his Isur. It had been more of a habit, falling into the old familiar tongue, but also it had not occurred to him that a building would understand language as they did. One language at a time, mastering another through learning it...

The more he learned of the Gem, the more he felt it was a person. A being. One in the shape of a house, one that could change that shape at will, but more of a person than anything else. His face was a mix of chagrin and happiness. He was clearly still excited, and not put down much by her current mood.

“Ah... My excuses... I is excite, much new things learn. Of building being, of Gem, of such be possible. I fall into native tongue by... Habit? Instinct? Is my natural tongue, not mean offense of confuse by using. I speak other, but not well, and think in own tongue.”

He was a bit surprised to find out that the Gem was but a normal building, or had started out as such. Which if nothing else made him wonder by what ability or magic such a transformation, such a change, could have taken place to make it as alive as it was now.

“Is nature, is changed. Not just alive but... Fluid... Like ice, melted down to water, and left in cup. Takes on shape of cup. But if change cup, will take on new shape, yes? Not just alive, but... Fluid. Changing. Alive. Like person but... Not.”

As she had not mentioned the magic, Crylon was left to wonder what it was, how it was done, how one learned to use it. He had experienced a few magic initiations, but could not fathom how such a thing could be done.

The bells seemed odd, and yet... Made sense, as a means of communication with something that had no voice but control to a degree or extent of its body. Like a deaf man speaking with his hands, but different.

Looking at the chimes, Crylon smiled.

“If like, Gem, could teach speak tongue of Isur. Would honor of too instruct in such.”

Pausing, Crylon would give the residence a chance to answer with a chime as Kelski had instructed, before continuing on. Regardless of the answer it would not be now, as there were other things going on and to be resolved.

As they spoke, Crylon was further surprised to learn that Kelski was the one to awaken the building to live. To have harnessed and used the magic in such a way.

“When you spoke, thought meant woken house long ago. Not you done self, of recent. How is come across ability to do this?”

He was still careful, not asking of how the magic worked, if he could learn of it, or other such things. Such was to be offered, not requested. To be earned, not demanded. And also... He was unclear how he felt about it. Awakening, giving life to a structure.

He was fine with the Gem, respected it as a now living thing, the same as he would an unplanned child laid before him wailing. But before the child was born, if given the choice of letting it come to pass or not? He was not sure what he would decide then... Nor what he would want to do, if given the chance for such an ability.

He had known people, humans, who went wrong. Evil. Twisted. Angry. Crazy... The risk of such a thing happening with a building seemed... Dangerous, to say the least. He would need to be careful of what he said and did in the Gem, least he divulge a secret of his people.

An old magic, one of her family... This seemed a bit odd, as had she not so long ago told him of her family? Of being sold? But they had still passed on a magic to her? Was she lying now? Then? Or perhaps telling the truth both times, but he was missing something?

Old magic, something the kelvic kept repeating... Was there then new magic?

“If this old magic, is other magic new? Not now magic have different ages. I guess some older than others but... Old, or new?”

Was perhaps her ability to communicate with the building related to her ability to give it life? Such did make sense in a way... That the two abilities would be related, part of a whole.

“Is seem great thing, to do this. Both great risk, and great... Potential. Both at once. Can go very good, or very bad, seems. If become like you, who create, then seem says much about you it being as is.”

Her confession that she was a mage seemed a bit abrupt to him, to someone he had only met that day. But it seemed she had, while not trusting others easily, had come to trust him. Why, he could not say. He supposed he seemed trustworthy, but why him and not others?

It occurred to him even more that this was a sign of trust, to admit her being a mage in a city that hated magic and magic users. A small smile came to his lips, a nod of understanding, respect.

“Yes, figure. You spoke of using magic, of old magic, to make to make Gem as alive now. Seem only mage could do this. I also know some magic, practice some. But just practice, not much, not what would call mage. Not proper use magic. But someday, when better, be mage.”

To Crylon's mind a mage was not just anyone who could use magic, but a skilled magic user. Like those in the Silver Tower back home, skilled and capable. More than just initiates barely able to move about their djed and to cause the smallest effect.

As she spoke of being a mage to Crylon, the Gem's bell rang out, and with a glance Crylon saw that it was the YES bell. Apparently it agreed with her.

“I know only bits, pieces, but very different things than make building living. If you can do such, seem much more mage than I.”

He was glad though to learn that the other buildings were not alive, not living, and that this building did not have plans for him to kill another. It was a relief, to learn such a thing and to avoid one of the many possibilities he had at first seen at learning of the Gem and its ways.

“When spoke in Isur, only greeting house. Of greeting Gem. And say, as understand make room as offering of peace, to greet... To greet with kindness and show intent of not harm. Of be friend. That Gem welcome me. And thank Gem for this. Also... That want friendship with Gem, if will accept, and if have need of skill, of arm, will aid if can. If have need. If ask. And tell Gem I not mean harm, and continue so if Gem not mean my harm, or associates harm.”

He spoke this to Kelski, but it would be clear he spoke this as much to the Gem as he did directly to the Gem. For it was little more than an attempt at restating something he had earlier tried to say to the Gem.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Kelski on January 30th, 2019, 3:12 am

“It’s okay. I understand why you do it. I revert to my Sea Eagle sounds when words fail me which is probably the same thing or close to it.” Kelski said in response to Crylon excusing himself for falling back on Isur.

“Yes.. it is alive. It wasn’t before. Now it is. I don’t know how it happens, just that it happens. I’m still learning about it myself. As The Gem grows, I learn and sometimes as I learn it grows. It happens because we are linked, it and I. And yes… it changes a lot… often… as its moods change. It has moods just like we do, but I am told that the mage that crafts it is reflected a great deal in the building’s temperament and since I am… calm a great deal… it too is calm a great deal. It… shows a great deal of love too.. affection… when I feel lacking of that. We take care of each other… it and I.” Kelski admitted, smiling sheepishly. She was a bit embarrassed.

“I think The Gem would love to learn different languages. But again, it has no way to speak so I’m not sure how that could happen. Maybe its something you could figure out. I haven’t been able to beyond the windchimes.” Kelski added, having no further ideas. She’d wracked her brain, but part of the problem was she’d never taught children or young of any kind how to speak, how to spell, how to write or read or any of that. She remembered her own lessons, but they were painful and swift, brutal almost, and that wasn’t a way she was willing to teach The Gem.

“No, I did it myself. Two seasons ago. It’s a magic my family knows… an old secret magic.” Kelski said, leaving that as the truth which it was. She told him neither its name or how she’d done it. She probably would later, once she knew him more. But for now, what he already knew was a huge chunk of trust for her to show. And it was probably a trust she wouldn’t have shown if she hadn’t met and liked Duncan, who had bonded to a Kelvic immediately… Lia.

“I don’t know, Crylon. I know a mage you could ask that might know what the difference is. I simply don’t. He’s old too… from just after the Valterrian. But there are old magics… ones mages have forgotten. And there’s magics mages know now that are common. This is one of the old forgotten ones. Not one of the common ones like looking at one’s aura or crafting water from Res.” She answered him, knowing his people knew and accepted magic as commonplace. Duncan had told her as much when she’d had a similar conversation with him.

She nodded in agreement with Crylon over it being good or having the potential to be bad. “Yes. I wouldn’t want the knowledge of structural magic in the mind of some people I have met… even some of my former masters. It’s a secret, but one I cannot keep from you if you live here. And you will notice once the other building goes up as well… you won’t help but notice.” She said, sure suddenly he’d stick around.

Kelski lead him past the chimes and back to the main hearth, settling by the fire. The day had been long and she was growing tired… longing for her bed… but the comfort of the couch would do for now.

She blinked at Crylon and had to think hard. Had he just called himself a mage without calling himself a mage? “You know magic? Don’t tell anyone in Sunberth. They kill them on sight here…. Even suspecting them of magic. What magic do you know if you don’t mind me asking? I know a bit of auristics, morphing, reimancy and I know of Spiritism and Leeching. But I’m not really good at any of them. I haven’t… been trying to learn much. Someone… I forget who… didn’t think I could do a good job with magic a while ago… that Kelvics couldn’t be safe with it. So… I just realized… just tonight talking to you… that I actually am a mage. I know that sounds silly… but its true. It’s a proud thing. Maybe we could share knowledge sometime. I could introduce you to that mage I talked about before. He has aspirations to start a guild here… I’m not sure about them but something protective of mages… supportive of them.” Kelski said, leaning back and listening to Crylon’s words.

Kelski then relayed the words Crylon interpreted to The Gem who had grown sleepy, tired from its alteration of Crylon’s new quarters. The answering emotion it echoed back down their link was one of satisfied happiness. It wanted a new friend. It would have things for Crylon to do. It would do things for Crylon. She could almost hear the building purr in satisfaction as it broke the link with Kelski, its mind just as sleepy as hers.

“It would like that. It wants to do things for you and have you do things for it. It is grateful for a new friend. It likes people.” She said, wishing she had a way for the gem to say that itself. “I don’t like translating for it… it should be able to form words on its own. I just need to figure out how to allow it too. It knows what I know… but it has no mouth, no way to speak other than the chimes… and right now its very very sleepy because its work on your room cost it energy.” Kelski said, smiling slightly. She yawned herself.

“I wonder if it isn’t a good time to retire. We can talk again over breakfast or maybe go over to the property and do some cleaning. I know you will want to hire a crew. I’ll get you the coin to do so tomorrow.. that initial 500 gold I promised to get you started.” Kelski said, snuggling back on the couch in its corner. If she had five chimes of quiet and got warm from the outside work, she’d be asleep herself in no time.

Kelski

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Crylon Stonecraft on January 30th, 2019, 11:53 pm

Crylon nodded to her simple explanation of her connection to the Gem. Of her awakening it. It seemed Kelski was a person of many bonds, or in some cases lack thereof. Her natural bonding as a kelvic, which had not occurred. Her bonding through the magical awakening of the structure.

It seemed much of her life was defined by her bonding or not bonding. The concept seemed fluid to his mind, such a magical connection to another, not quite grasped but the vague edges seen as if from afar. Perhaps not fully understood, he reasoned, because he had never experienced such a bond.

At her comment on speaking on behalf of the Gem, Crylon's mind began to tug at the problem. Like a heavy thread, felt as a point leading far away but not yet having sighted where that was.

A means of speaking. For something that was naturally inanimate. It was a interesting question, dilemma, and puzzle. The bells seemed simple, a crude means of speech. But without further understanding of the Gem's limits, what it could do and effect, he could not so easily consider a solution. But it was perhaps something to consider for a time, as there was no rush to find an answer.

“I consider how solve, problem of Gem speech. Will think on. Maybe have more questions, to help in consider solution.”

Kelski's hinting at a mage, an old one, interested Crylon, but as she did not seem keen on telling more he did not further pry. Perhaps another time, but not right then. It seemed like it had been days ago, since they had met in the bar. Began to talk. Fought together. Talked more, debated, considered viewpoints. But in truth it had been numbered in bells not days, earlier that same day.

He would not pry beyond what their fledgling relationship allowed. Not press her until she fought or bit back. Such was not the way to gain trust, he knew, and he did want to gain her trust. He was an Isur, he was in no hurry.

It was not until she crashed onto the couch, announcing her weariness through actions and body language quite clearly, that he realized Kelski was exhausted. She did not have the natural strength or hardiness of an Isur, and they had done quite a bit in a short bit of time.

And even he, Crylon sullenly admitted to himself after a few moments, was feeling weary from the day. Even an Isur's endurance knew its limits, and as the excitement of the days events and knowledge wore off he was left with a ragged edge that washed over him. He also noticed then several aches and pains, gained from the days exertions and combat. Strained muscles, perhaps a bruise, and things such as that which had taxed his body. It was not until he noticed her weariness that he began to consider his own, and his energy began to flag all at once.

“I not know of some these magics. I know... Common word is... Auristics... Reimancy... Glyphing... Magecrafting... But not much of any. Still new to them swell. Not spent much time learn better, focus on other skills.”

“Why is matter is Kelvic for magic? Seem is tool, like say fore. If not take care, any tool can hurt. If miss nail, can hurt fingers with hammer. Is mean take care, be cautious, with. Learn use. Be patient in use. Not throw out hammer.”

As Kelski continued to communicate on behalf of the Gem, Crylon let out smile and shook his head.

“Is understand. But as say, time for sleep. Is long day. Will be time another. No rush to do all one day. Sunberth still be falling apart on morrow. One night not change that. Is wishing night of rest for both you.”

If Kelski had nothing else to say he would make another small bowing head nod, before quickly heading back out for a few chimes. It would be a quick jaunt to his room at the bar to grab some of his possessions, and paying off his tab. And then he would head back to the Gem to rest. It would only take a trip, perhaps two, to get the rest of his things, as he was not overly burdened with possessions at the moment.

Then to rest, waiting to explore his room and new environment further in the morning.
Crylon Stonecraft
Player

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

PreviousNext