Summer 519 Character Registry

Register Your Characters Here for the Summer Season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

Postby Gillar on June 2nd, 2019, 8:18 am

Character Name:
Type of Residence: Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
Profession: What does your PC do for money?
Briefly Describe Your Character: Give us a line or two about you.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Yes or No. If yes, please explain.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. Answer here.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Answer here.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Answer here.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Answer here.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Answer here.

Code: Select all
[u]Character Name:[/u]
[u]Type of Residence:[/u] Citizen, Non-citizen Resident, Visitor, Slave
[u]Profession:[/u] What does your PC do for money?
[u]Briefly Describe Your Character:[/u] Give us a line or two about you.
[u]Need Moderator’s Assistance:[/u] Yes or No.  If yes, please explain.

[u]Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you.[/u] Answer here.

[u]Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds?[/u] Answer here.

[u]Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season?[/u] Answer here.

[u]What sort of things do you like to write about?  Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions?[/u] Answer here.

[u]What would you like to improve upon in your writing?[/u] Answer here.
Gillar
Forging the World

Words: 1345407
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 6:44 pm
Race: Isur
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Rohka on June 3rd, 2019, 10:53 pm

Character Name: Rohka Calico
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: Fortune Teller apprentice at Mystic Eye

Briefly Describe Your Character:
Rohka is your typical Ravokian young woman, faithful to Rhysol. She has a few stable points:
✧ always tells the truth
✧ believes that she can always choose joy
✧ her sociability gets her into trouble
✧ she values forward motion and fears stagnation
✧ the Calicos are her family, her blood, she is proud of them
✧ she stubbornly wishes to forge her own way

She unfortunately has done exactly what she feared most: she stagnated. Things are about to change this season.

Need Moderator’s Assistance:
I think I'll be okay! Will PM if I have questions

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you.
This is a deceptively structured and calm city full of beauty and reverence. What intrigues me the most is figuring out how a God controlling the domain of Evil, Chaos, and Betrayal could possibly feel joy through his doings. What is it about Rhysol's manipulations that brings him fulfillment? Understanding 'true' evil, in Rhysol's realm of theology, is an idea I've always wanted to explore and understand through playing a character who wouldn't necessarily be described as being evil or chaotic.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds?
Maybe something to do with the Lake? Something about its history, something about its depth, any magic, the chaos underneath, a secret lab, hidden treasures, creatures, an all-encompassing purpose, mysterious source of exports :rolleyes:

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season?
Yes. I want to complete a challenge. I also want to heavily focus on Fortune Telling this season, and figuring out why I started Roh with so many points in seduction and impersonation :D And make some moves with expanding upon her profession/business at the Malt House.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions?
I have tended to enjoy writing through character psychology and philosophy, but I honestly love trying my hand at writing anything, because the journey of writing itself is a ton of fun. I also like creating things and giving them IC, so I've been trying to find more ways to do that.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing?
Realism, I guess? More complexity, less cookie-cutter plots, taking risks while staying true to a character's build. I want Roh to make mistakes, to horribly fail, to almost figure out a way to make her an anti-hero of sorts. To figure out what that even means too. I totally welcome ideas and criticisms and suggestions on how to improve upon her character and my writing of her :)

Thanks for keeping this city open and being so fun to write in! Looking forward to threading together, don't hesitate to reach out if you're curious about anything.
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Itt on June 3rd, 2019, 11:00 pm

Character Name: Itt
Type of Residence: Non-citizen Resident
Profession: Courier (pending approval pg 4 of Request Thread)

Briefly Describe Your Character: Itt is an enthusiastic, curious, and naive Kelvic, but over the course of the last two seasons living in Ravok, he's becoming more and more terrified of the city and the name Rhysol itself. He gets along with pretty much anyone who is willing to get along with him, but he is growing timider of the people who live here due to previous bad experiences.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: I do! I have some requests and questions that haven't been answered directly yet that I would like to get a response about at some point or another. But I understand you're just getting back into things after taking a break and stuff so there isn't a rush. I just wanted to make sure at some point that the thingsPending Job Application, Pending Wage/Season XP for Winter, 2 Pending NPC approvals, pm'd questions/concerns about Itt's wages and Ravok's minimum living requirement that have been left alone for a while eventually get answered. Again, there isn't a rush, but you did ask so I'm just letting you know. :)

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. I like the collective community of Ravok and how unified the citizens of Ravok are compared to some other cities. Even though it kind of a cult-like atmosphere, I can really see the political and social climate of Ravok in more tangible terms than other cities since it's crystal clear what many people's views are.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Not changed or added, really, I feel Ravok has a lot going for it right now, but I do hope that events, similar to the past few seasonal calendars you've been doing continue to appear in Ravok periodically because I really think it adds a lot to an otherwise rather static atmosphere (since Ravok's weather doesn't usually change much and threats aren't terribly common since Rhysol more or less protects people), so having these sort of events change things up allows for more opportunities that wouldn't be there otherwise. So basically, in short, keep up the good work.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Yes, Itt is currently in a transitional period in his life where he's understanding what the world really is like. So on top of my usual goals of having Itt learn more about religion in general and about Rhysol, I also want to explore Itt's changing world views and his relationship with his surroundings. It's scary being a young sloth in Ravok right now, so I'm really going to try and focus on that as much as possible (after getting caught up with last season of course)

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? I like just about anything. In my last season alone, I've written almost exclusively social threads, written some basic action (running around, getting lost in Ravok), and I'm planning on finishing up 2 language based threads and a fight scene, so I'm up for literally anything.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? On top of the things I've said in the previous registries such as tenses, etc, I really want to work on smoothing out the tone of my work, since it can get choppy from sentence to sentence. One sentence will be extremely elegant compared to the rest and be almost poetic or rhymey, but then the very next line is an onomatopeia of Itt's thoughts or something and there is not transition most times. Unless I want that stark difference, I want to try and transition more between the silly, first-person-esque thoughts of Itt and the more prose descriptions of the world and his actions.

Itt
Sleepy Head

Words: 147703
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2012, 3:03 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Artist (1)

Postby Hauk Tarn on June 6th, 2019, 8:11 pm

Hauk Tarn

Profession: Hunter

Briefly Describe Your Character: Hauk is somewhat disillusioned with overall societies, big crowded cities, imposed order, etc. He prefers solitude over a big party, and is more comfortable sitting by a campfire than in a tavern.

Need Moderator’s Assistance: Have a pending job application, but otherwise no.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. I like the artificial order that the city enjoys, going so far as to effect the climate.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Not really, need to play more and get a feel for it before adding any constructive opinions.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Skill development, obviously, however with the animal arc going on this seems like a good way for Hauk to get himself involved with what is happening in the overall city. Have my eyes on some the Zith ecounters.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? For the most part I like writing that moves plots, themes, development further. Writing for a purpose. Combat and Magic obviously are fun, but political intrigue, survival, things that really test my character.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Basically I would like for my writing to be more organic in the way it reads.
Hauk Tarn
Player

Words: 33753
Joined roleplay: September 30th, 2018, 5:15 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Caspian on June 8th, 2019, 10:08 pm

Character Name: Caspian
Profession: Spy
Briefly Describe Your Character: Flamboyant flounce about town, in the habit of pursuing sensory overload and self-sabotage.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: Not at the moment

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. The city layout! And the Lakeshore - proximity of the wilderness to the orderliness of the city.

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? Caspian enjoys freely exploring the city, and it’s fun coming up with my own ways of visualizing specific bridges and canals (sort of Escher!), and any shops and landmarks to flesh out scenes, but I would also like it if there were more of those details, and if they were officially established.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Skill building. Stealth, intelligence, acrobatics?, violin, a little seduction couldn’t hurt. Looking forward to writing more threads with other players in the new season too - it was my favorite part about the last. I’m also looking to further Caspian’s reconnecting in some ways with his family in Sunberth, which he loathes - he’s just been roped into investigating an enemy of his stepfather Taaldros, and though he’d sworn off having anything to do with them once he left for Ravok, he finds himself drawn in all the same, and justifying his actions that follow.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Social for sure, and a lot of introspection. Caspian’s mother was a Kelvic and a slave, and lately he’s having a hard time turning a blind eye to the system of enslavement in Ravok.

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? Combat scenes, anything physical. I get worried that I’m describing too little, and then also too much.
Caspian
Player

Words: 718261
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1)

Postby Sevris on June 27th, 2019, 10:04 pm

Character Name: Sevris Lazarin
Type of Residence: Citizen
Profession: Soldier in Ebonstryfe
Briefly Describe Your Character: After his troubling past with the stryfe, its his goal to shine a better light on his name.
Need Moderator’s Assistance: No.

Tell me about one aspect of Ravok that you like or that interests you. Rhysol

Is there something you would like to see added to, altered or otherwise tweaked within Ravok or its surrounds? More followers of other Gods interacting with one another. Or God vs Gods making moves to further their fights, or faiths.

Do you have any particular character development goals you would like to work on this season? Actually do jobs, then we can think bigger after that.

What sort of things do you like to write about? Do you like to write about combat, magic, social interactions? Combat

What would you like to improve upon in your writing? All aspects as they've been hindered by absences.
Sevris
Loyal Soldier

Words: 187865
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2012, 5:26 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)