The Thanksgiving Gratitude Challenge!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Ines on November 27th, 2019, 6:00 am

PC Name: Ines

Abstract of your plotline:
Ines originally just wants to learn how to survive in the jungle and goes on a camping trip with Indigo. As they hike and travel, Indigo teaches her both tips on how to survive and an outside perspective on her situation in life. Ines and Indigo become closer, as do Ines and Adeliz. Ines comes out of the jungle more confident, and also spiritually and mentally stronger.

What did your PC learn:
While in the depths of the jungle, Ines decides to get perspective on her own lack of family from someone else who was different and ostracized from the same community. She realizes that her family is not the people she was born in, but the world around her, and that Caiyha marked her not just so that she could protect the jungle, but so that the jungle could also protect her. Ines learns that she is not the pest that her clan had treated her as.

What was the main purpose of writing this challenge?:
Ines struggled with her perception of her clan and family and what she knew they really felt about her. As much as she viewed her immigration to Syka as a gift and a task, she also felt it as a punishment from her clan to push her far away from their clan home in Taloba and away from the jealousy they felt of her gnosis. I wanted Ines to realize that the fact her birth family pushed her away because of Caiyha's mark was the best thing to happen to her and that she is now so much stronger for it. I also wanted her to realize that she did not have to feel so isolated because her family is all around her.

Threads:
  1. Water of the Womb - 2,968
  2. Counting Blessings - 2,669
  3. Counting Blessings II - 2,500
  4. Blood of the Covenant - 2,508

Total: 10,645
Last edited by Ines on December 2nd, 2019, 3:31 am, edited 5 times in total.
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on November 28th, 2019, 1:39 am

Please follow instructions to sign up!

I really do want to see your abstracts, thought processes, and descriptions of what you are writing about.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2019, 4:55 am

This challenge is closed.

Make your wishes if you got 10k. If you got 5K or more, you can select a prize from past prizes. Just let me know which one you'd like and I'll decide it its a fitting prize. Some will be fitting, some will be too large. This might also be a good time to turn in a quest item to get it tweaked. :) Either set of winners can do that. I will give you until 9pm tomorrow to make your wishes and turn in your prize requests.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ines on December 2nd, 2019, 6:54 pm

I wish for Ines to have a clear path to learning Architectrix.
Ines
sexy dracula

Words: 152937
Joined roleplay: May 2nd, 2017, 10:41 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Thread (2) Overlored (1)

Postby Asterope on December 2nd, 2019, 9:05 pm

I'd like to wish for Aster's mortal/nighttime form to change to that of a Benshira, please! (It's currently that of an Inarta)

The sun will rise, and we will try again
Asterope
A light that never goes out

Words: 661387
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2017, 11:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1)

Postby Rohka on December 2nd, 2019, 10:37 pm

I rolled in the dicerollercentral channel and got 25, and I'm really excited about this one. May I ask for the Ovek statuette as a prize?
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Baelin Holt on December 2nd, 2019, 10:49 pm

I'm going to request the Rod of Sentience. Thank you for the awesome challenge!
Baelin Holt
Blacksmith

Words: 367174
Joined roleplay: July 25th, 2014, 12:36 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Kamilla on December 2nd, 2019, 11:00 pm

Kamilla Circe Gordon

I wish Kamilla had the ability to portal between cities at will.

Kamilla
Magical Mistress

Words: 592212
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2014, 5:52 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2019, 11:13 pm

Ines wrote:I wish for Ines to have a clear path to learning Architectrix.

Ines - Granted.

The plotline you are already approved for in Syka will bring you into contact with a creature that you will recognize as a fellow Kelvic. She will not look like a Kelvic is supposed to look. Instead, she looks almost hybrid and does not follow the traditional Kelvic baselines.

This NPC will become a full-time resident NPC of Syka when/if you introduce her to the Settlement. She will be your direct line of access to Architectrix. And she will dwell in the 'abandoned' structure you have found. However, she is incredibly shy, very very old, and is going to be hard to coax into interaction at first.

Her name is Cres and Arch is not all she knows. You may use her at will and her full NPC writeup will be posted once you have discovered a few of her skills. This might entail a few one-on-one threads with me.

Feel free to PM me or DM me with any questions.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2019, 11:32 pm

Asterope wrote:I'd like to wish for Aster's mortal/nighttime form to change to that of a Benshira, please!

Asterope - Granted - After a fashion.

The first day of each season you will ROLL a 1D24 for the 24 races on the race list. If you roll a 12, for example, you will count down twelve races to the Inarta and that form will be your seeming. Excluded are Ghosts, Nuits, and Eth. If you roll one of these excluded races, you will drop down to the next race on the list. Your first roll will be a 'given' as Benshira.

Whatever race you roll becomes your mortal seeming for that season. Each seeming must be a unique seeming; no repeats. You may, however roll human for four season in a row and have to pick a straight human mortal seeming that's different from the previous mortal seeming. You are at the mercy of the dice.

However, if you learn your birth name and a brief history from each seeming through extensive ACTIVE roleplay - the name that goes with the mortal face - you will be able to retain your ability to become that form. So, for example, you roll a 1 and become an Akalak for that season. You can still assume your Asterope seeming at will as if you are a shapeshifter, but you will have one additional male akalak form to select from that you will instinctively know each first day of the season. You will not have access to his form, however, if during the course of the season where you wear his face you do not learn of who he was.

Also, you cannot pick and choose between these seemings at any given time. Instead, when the change comes upon you (as for any normal Eth) and its time for you to go to your mortal seeming.... you must SELECT from the forms you know as to which one you wear the face of for that whole mortal period until you take back your immortal seeming once more.

For now, you will only have access to your Eth form, your Inarta Asterope form, and a new Benshira form. Upon season change, roll, and let the dice determine your next form. You will only retain the Benshira form if you learn her name, and a bit about her.

These 'forms' represent your past lives. This will continue to happen to you season change after season change until such a time as you discover Lex's existence and you somehow find a chance to ask of him an explanation for what's been happening to you. He and only he can 'fix' you and stop this cycle.

Any questions? Feel free to PM or DM me.

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext