OOC Info The Zeltiva Character Registry - Spring 521 A.V.

Please register here if you are going to play this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Zeltiva Character Registry - Spring 521 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on March 3rd, 2021, 3:48 am

Registry

If you are playing in Zeltiva this season, please register here. Please feel free to PM me with any questions. Happy writing!

Character Name

Concept: Tell us a little about your character in 100-300 words. Be sure to include your character’s opinion on seaweed.
Race, Age, Gender: Self-Explanatory.
Profession: What does your PC do?
Arrival/Departure: Are you coming or going this season? If so, let me know which and when.

Character Goals: What does your character want to do this season? Not what you as a player wish to accomplish in-game, but what your character actually wants to do, even if it is just wake up every morning or feed themselves.
Player Goals: What do you as a player want to accomplish? It could be writing skills, plots, PC skills, experiences, time management, etc.
Favored Threads: Tell us what really just dills your pickle.
Disfavored Threads: Tell us what really just gets your goose.
Matchmaker: Are you looking to thread with anyone in particular? Do you have an open thread idea, or an event you’re planning IC this season? Post any and all matchmaker details here!

Other: This is for anything else you wish to add to your registration that is not already on there. I’d also like to remind ya’ll to make sure you CS maintenance is complete before registering! This means your ledger and thread list must be up-to-date, and your CS should not have a red check mark on it (if it does, you can still register, but not post).

Code: Select all
[center][box=630,#000000,#dedede,#dedede]Character Name

[left][b]Concept:[/b] Tell us a little about your character in 100-300 words. Be sure to include your character’s opinion on seaweed.
[b]Race, Age, Gender:[/b] Self-Explanatory.
[b]Profession:[/b] What does your PC do?
[b]Arrival/Departure:[/b] Are you coming or going this season? If so, let me know which and when.

[b]Character Goals:[/b] What does your character want to do this season? Not what you as a player wish to accomplish in-game, but what your [i]character[/i] actually wants to do, even if it is just wake up every morning or feed themselves.
[b]Player Goals:[/b] What do you as a player want to accomplish? It could be writing skills, plots, PC skills, experiences, time management, etc.
[b]Favored Threads:[/b] Tell us what really just dills your pickle.
[b]Disfavored Threads:[/b] Tell us what really just gets your goose.
[b]Matchmaker:[/b] Are you looking to thread with anyone in particular? Do you have an open thread idea, or an event you’re planning IC this season? Post any and all matchmaker details here!

[b]Other:[/b] This is for anything else you wish to add to your registration that is not already on there. I’d also like to remind ya’ll to make sure you CS maintenance is complete before registering! This means your ledger and thread list must be up-to-date, and your CS should not have a red check mark on it (if it does, you can still register, but not post).[/left][/box][/center]

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Shiress on March 3rd, 2021, 4:01 pm

Shiress

Concept:
Shiress is somewhat of a broken soul.
Within the last couple of seasons, she has not only lost her home in Ravok but her lover, Elias, and Kelvic Bondmate, Rook.

In late Spring, Shiress survived an assassination attempt by the Lark and Caldera families of her and Elias's unborn baby, resulting in Shiress, Caspian, and Ambrosia fleeing Ravoc for Zeltiva.

During the first days of Summer, en route to Zeltiva, Shiress gave birth to Elias's son, Ian Zaniah Caldera.

By late Summer, Shiress, Ian, Caspian, and Ambrosia have settled into Shiress's family cottage with her father and mother, Josiah and Lorna Underhill.

Close quarters and personal grievances have splintered the relationship between Shiress and her closest friends, Caspian, and in some ways, Ambrosia as well. She feels the loss of those friendships deeply and it has left her feeling alone, unwanted, and unvalued after losing so many that she loves.

-Shiress knows that seaweed makes for a great exfoliating facemask :nod: -

Race, Age, Gender:
30-year-old human female

Profession:
Physician at The Redynn (Outpost)

Arrival/Departure:
Permanent ~for now

Character Goals:
Shiress's goal this season is to establish herself at The Redynn and secure financial security for her and her son which will enable her to move out of her parent's home and into one of her own. A love interest is always a nice goal and a girl needs all the friends she can get.

Player Goals:
As a writer, I always struggle with my PC's inner dialog, putting her feelings and emotions into words, so, this season, I would like to really work on that.

Favored Threads:
Drama! Especially medical drama, hurt/comfort, and dangerous and dark plots. :P

Disfavored Threads:
I really don't have a disfavored thread type.

Matchmaker:
There is one thing that I have wanted for years now, LOL, and that is to flesh out Shiress's missing brother's plot or any other good family plot twist. So, anyone who might like to join in on wrecking Shiress's cozy little idea of a peaceful family and home, bring it!

Other:
I love plotting, y'all, so never hesitate to ask. With the Outpost, there are always things to plot with anyone!

Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Caspian on March 4th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Caspian

Concept: Caspian is clawing up from a recent downward spiral. The life he had built for himself in Ravok was upended, and he's having trouble adjusting to being in Zeltiva. His relationships with Shiress and Ambrosia are strained, and he spends most of his time out of the cottage, usually in the dives on East Street. Since leaving Ravok, he's been dressing a lot less ostentatiously, and doesn't find the same enjoyment in things that he used to. One good thing to come out of the mess of 520 is the development of his relationship with his sister Taalviel. He's finding that perhaps she was right all along - that blood is thicker than water.

But - maybe time does heal some wounds, and he's holding his head a bit higher in 521.

Kelp beer, at first a hard swallow, is now considered a handy meal in a mug.
Race, Age, Gender: Human, mixed; 28; male.
Profession: Private Investigator
Arrival/Departure: Arrived in late Summer 520. Sticking around for a few more seasons.

Character Goals: Caspian's a bit beaten down, and he'd like to find a way to feel more like himself again - whatever that may be. He wants to avoid further conflict with Shiress, and grow his client base as a private investigator. Having also run into Rohka - he'd like to see her again too, for as long as she'll have him.
Player Goals: Building up some skills. Larceny, stealth (probably going to do the bulk of it through flashbacks). Sparring and acrobatics with Taalviel and destroying Shiress' garden.
Favored Threads: Interpersonal strife.
Disfavored Threads: Hmm. I dunno. Miz has led me to write for so many different types of prompts and I've become fond of all of it.
Matchmaker: Everyone is welcome!
Caspian
Player

Words: 718261
Joined roleplay: August 12th, 2018, 11:26 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Overlored (1)

Postby Rohka on March 17th, 2021, 3:54 am

Rohka Calico

Concept:
Rohka, for all intents and purposes, is lost. She arrived in Zeltiva sometime in the early fall of 520 AV, having left her sanctuary in Ravok in the fall of 519 AV.

She awoke in the Healing Centre with a continued deep desire to 'leave'. Markham, her guide and essentially her kidnapper, took on the duty to aid her healing journey before he ventures off to carry out his own business. His connection to her is tenuous at best and, as she has yet to find out, traumatic at worst. Rohka is beginning to realize the toll that she embraced through the profession she chose to delve into. Markham knew this since they'd first met, and they both know that fortune telling is now a strong part of her being.

Having finally set her feet on the paths of Zeltiva during the winter of 520 AV, the sybil reacquainted with an old but fond partner from Ravok. Caspian, a man she is slowly getting to know better, is back in her sphere of influence. Will she listen long enough to learn? Or will the tides of the ocean next to the city of knowledge turn against them?

P.S. Eating seaweed helps her feel alive :D A close second to Ravokian lake water.

Race, Age, Gender:
Human, 25, Female

Profession:
Fortune Teller seeking centre of business

Arrival/Departure:
Here this season.

Character Goals:
  • Wake up and keep healing
  • Develop professionally / business
  • Find a home
  • Find her grandfather

Player Goals:
  • Grade threads
  • Finish winter & spring job threads
  • Develop Zeltivan plots with PCs!

Favored Threads:
Philosophical musings? Deep character entanglement with long historical/contextual/familial backgrounds alongside dramatic romance.

Disfavored Threads: I have yet to find a disfavored thread.

Matchmaker: Open to plotting of all kinds. Warning: I have some catch-up to do (both reading and writing).

Other: Excited to step into The Outpost eventually. I'm a bit of a dreamer though, so if you have plans to be executed within a tight timeline, I may not be your gal. Still working out the kinks in my time management skills ;)
Most active on weekends.
Rohka
So?

Words: 428949
Joined roleplay: May 24th, 2013, 5:28 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Kagerou on March 28th, 2021, 11:51 pm

Kagerou Taira

Concept: Kagerou has been a carefree soul, wandering from one city to another. He wanders basically to learn, improve his hunting skills and survive. He does not form much bonds except with people that he deems necessary for his day to day living. Mostly, he is really careful about his actions, making sure that he does not attract unnecessary attention from his surroundings. As such, it is rare for him to start any form of conversation but opens himself to mostly anyone when talked with to make sure that no one suspects him of anything. For keen observers however, they might notice that Kagerou would mostly keep his conversations superficial, trying his best not to give too much information about himself. He does his best to direct the topic either about his companion or anything other than personal talks.

He is mostly secretive about his past, given the fact that his family was murdered due to their secret practice of magic. He especially conceals the fact that he is still planning to avenge the death of his family while gathering the skills and resources that could enable him to do so.

Being a novice in the lore of the sea, Kagerou isn't that much familiar about seaweeds hence does not hold much opinion about the algae. His curiosity however would definitely lead him to delicacies made of this sea based plant and might enjoy them.

Race, Age, Gender: Human, 23, Male
Profession: Vagrant
Arrival/Departure: Just arrived at Zeltiva, might leave within this season depending on circumstances

Character Goals: Although Zeltiva is known as a port city, Kagerou has been more attracted to the mountainous areas that surround the city. He plan to stay for bit and further train his archery and hunting skills.

Player Goals: As a new player, I'm bent at the moment to gather acquaintances, form the beginning steps for my character's plot and get a hang of this forum's unique world.

Favored Threads: I'm more on action packed threads but as a roleplayer, I enjoy writing on couple of various story genre. Mostly, whatever may come, I'd gladly take part in it.

Disfavored Threads: I suck at romantic type form of writings so as much as possible, I'd stay away from those threads but would like to try at some point in time.

Matchmaker: Anything goes really so everyone is welcome to invite me to collaborate with them.

Other: Note that I'm still learning about this forum though I have read most of the guidelines and lores. I'm not really new to roleplaying but still want to further improve my overall writing skills.
Last edited by Kagerou on March 29th, 2021, 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kagerou
Player

Words: 18435
Joined roleplay: March 28th, 2021, 10:43 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Loxcia Campo on March 29th, 2021, 1:29 am

Loxcia Campo

Concept: Spending the majority of her life thus far as a slave and servant to others, Loxcia has taken the first steps to her quest of finding her mother's resting place. Leads bringing her to Zeltiva, she is inexperienced, unprepared, and ultimately clueless as to where she should start. Wary of others she discovers that her unwanting of social interaction would need to come to a yield if she had her mind set on finding the answers she is looking for.

Fearful that the slavers she escaped from will come looking for her, she often dawns different disguises, rarely going out as her normally looking self. Loxcia cant remember the last time she consumed seaweed, but still remembers is delicious taste as one does the scolding of hot tea to the tip of their tongue.

Race, Age, Gender: 25, Female, Konti
Profession: Work in progress
Arrival/Departure: Arriving in Zeltiva 1st of Spring 521 A.V, with plans to stay all season.

Character Goals: Character goals for Loxcia are to:
    Transition to civilized life, from life as a slave.
    Work on social and interactive skills.
    Finding information on mother
Player Goals: As of now, I am focusing on character plot and concept building. I also feel as if Zeltiva is a great starting place for her to reconnect with her faith regarding Laviku.

Favored Threads: Loxcia enjoys learning, so any threads involving studying, skill training, or gaining information of any form appeal more to her.

Disfavored Threads: Loxcia dislikes mistreatment of others, especially slaves.
Matchmaker: As of this moment no, but I am open to any and everyone interested in threading together.

Other: Hope to thread with you all soon.
Loxcia Campo
Player

Words: 60037
Joined roleplay: March 19th, 2021, 11:47 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Milo Murrell on May 26th, 2021, 9:11 pm

Milo Murrell

Concept: Milo Murrell is a kid on the run. He had a good life in Ravok and had no plans of going anywhere else, but circumstances forced him to. When the man who he always believed to be his father (Yanos) found out that Milo was born of a slave who had laid with his wife, he was enraged and went into the city to look for him. As fate would have it, Milo arrived home before Yanos returned and his mother begged him to leave. She told him the truth and convinced him that he would be in mortal danger if he stayed. With little more than a small rucksack, a pile of coin, and the clothes on his back, he was smuggled out of Ravok and transported all the way to Zeltiva, where his aunt (his real father's sister) supposedly lives.

Even though he's had a season worth of travel to mull things over, Milo's mind is still racing. He's deeply conflicted about his parents and frightened by what he might find in Zeltiva. He's never been far out of Ravok before, and certainly never on his own.

Seaweed wouldn't be Milo's first choice of snack, but it's perfectly edible and if there's not much else, he'll munch it down without too much complaining.
Race, Age, Gender: Human, 13, Male.
Profession: At the moment of arrival in Zeltiva, Milo will be jobless. He may end up working for Shiress, or working in the docks, or just taking odd jobs here and there (like delivering messages).
Arrival/Departure: Are you coming or going this season? Coming. Arrival will be 75th of Spring 521AV.

Character Goals: Milo's primary goal during these last days of Spring in Zeltiva is to find his aunt. With only a name (Shiress) to go on and the assurance that she lives somewhere in Zeltiva, it may take him a little while to figure out, during which time he'll have to find his bearings in the big city. Because he doesn't know what kind of person his aunt is, he wants to spend some time to learn more about Zeltiva and the city layout so that he has a place to go to, should his aunt prove to be a monster, or deceased, or both.

Player Goals: For the remainder of this season I'd like to put my focus on refamiliarizing myself with some of the Zeltiva lore. I'd put a more lofty goal here if the season wasn't almost over, but I feel doing one or two exploration threads in Zeltiva should allow me to familiarize myself more with the city, both as the player and with the character.
Favored Threads: Action/adventure threads, mystery threads, journey/travel threads. Really I am up for almost anything, so long as there is some kind of tension in the plot. On the whole, I like putting my own characters and others in the way of danger, whether that's some monster, or just the threat of being made to eat broccoli.
Disfavored Threads: Meet and greet threads where the only thing happening is two characters running into each other, without any kind of tension, either pre-existing or emergent. There needs to be some kind of conflict that needs resolving, or it's unlikely to hold my interest for long.
Matchmaker: Aside from at least one thread with Shiress to establish Milo's arrival, I have no other threads planned. That said, I have a nice big pile of plots and writing prompts in my <-- plot notes for people to check out if they want to write with me. Of course, I'm not limiting myself to any of the ideas noted in there so if you have a different idea for a plot, get in touch! :)

Other: Come write/plot with me! Don't be shy. Fastest way to reach me is probably through discord, but I'll also check my plot notes and read my DMs on here. Happy writing!
Milo Murrell
The disavowed

Words: 21037
Joined roleplay: May 13th, 2021, 1:20 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes