OOC Info The Syka Character Registry - Winter 521 A.V.

Please register here if you are playing in the city this season.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

The Syka Character Registry - Winter 521 A.V.

Postby Gossamer on December 2nd, 2021, 2:25 am

ImageImage

Welcome Sykans!

If you are playing your PC in Syka in The Winter of 521 be sure and register! I will use the information you provide in your registry entry to plan for Syka Events this season and further your personal plots. It is important to not give generic answers but to be very specific and thoughtful responses.

Thank you all!

Gossamer

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?
  2. Age, Sex, Race?
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has?
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract.
  7. What are your character goals this season?
  8. Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: E+
    Weapon: C+
    Hunting: C+
    Foraging: C+
    Carpentry: N+
    Construction: N+
    ?
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?
  11. Why did you pick Syka?
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka?
  13. What does your PC add to Syka?
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?
  15. Additional Comments?

Code: Select all
[center][box=400,black,#37fddc,#37fddc][size=150]Character Registry[/size][left][list=1][*][b]Who Are You?[/b]
[*][b]Age, Sex, Race?[/b]
[*][b]Are you a resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new?[/b]
[*][b]Tell us one secret your PC has?[/b]
[*][b]Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?[/b]
[*][b]Describe your character in a short abstract.[/b]
[*][b]What are your character goals this season?[/b]
[*][b]Does your PC have the [ooc=Syka Recommended Skills]Wilderness Survival: E+
Construction: N+[/ooc]?[/b]
[*][b]What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?  If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.[/b]
[*][b]If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this?[/b]
[*][b]Why did you pick Syka?[/b]
[*][b]What is your favorite thing about Syka?[/b]
[*][b]What does your PC add to Syka?[/b]
[*][b]How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?[/b]
[*][b]Additional Comments?[/b][/center][/list][/left][/box]
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Oralie on December 2nd, 2021, 11:17 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Oralie
  2. Age, Sex, Race? 3 (appearing early 20's), Female, Kelvic (ocelot)
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? A shiny new resident! Arriving on The Veronica from Riverfall on the 2nd.
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has? Oralie has lived her whole life collared and as a servant, so she technically has no secrets. However, the fact that she has run away from her master is a new secret for her, one she doesn't want many people knowing as she is terrified that he will find her again.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? She has coin to last her a couple of seasons, but is hoping to earn more as a potter.
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Oralie is a timid, skittish young woman, who has very obviously never seen anything outside of the city she grew up in. There are hints though that she could be a confident and friendly person underneath all the twitching.

7. What are your character goals this season? Settle in to Syka, get some skills up and make at least one friend.
    ?
    Nope, have a couple at Novice.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. N/A - new resident.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yup.

11. Why did you pick Syka? There is so much potential for any kind of character here.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? I love the whole deal of the settlement. It's so beautiful, yet so deadly.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? Hopefully pots! Hah, but seriously, I hope she can grow to become a hardworking, core member of the settlement.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? I'd love to discover a Pavena location, but she definitely doesn't have the skills for that. Maybe in finding out about Marcus Kelvic and that sort of thing?
  15. Additional Comments? Super excited to be here. I want to thread with everyone so send me a message!
Oralie
meow

Words: 205630
Joined roleplay: November 16th, 2021, 3:38 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Moritz Craven on December 4th, 2021, 2:10 am

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You? Moritz Craven
  2. Age, Sex, Race?Almost 3 year old (come Spring)- (Appears around 18-19 in human years this season), Male, Kelvic.
  3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? Resident
  4. Tell us one secret your PC has? Now several years old without the slightest hint of finding a bondmate, Moritz is starting to worry about bonding, and if he will ever find a match.... Or if something might be wrong with him such that he will never bond... Though such thoughts have not been spoken of beyond the confines of his head.
  5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? Moritz has a job
  6. Describe your character in a short abstract. Moritz is a well meaning but often annoying young kelvic, working on improving himself and doing something or other of import.
  7. What are your character goals this season? Work on his WS, and combat skills.
    ?
    Not yet, but is working on them.
  9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. Should have increased his skill related to his main profession around 10 points, other than that possibly some WS, and worked on his combat skills.
  10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Yes, and working on this and in the mean time only going out with npc/skilled pc who have said skills.
  11. Why did you pick Syka? An interesting place with lots of spots to explore, and to follow a quest.
  12. What is your favorite thing about Syka?The detailed locations, so many full of intrigue and secrets I can't wait till he can explore some.
  13. What does your PC add to Syka? A can do attitude, an odd personality, and while he's a learner various menial labors.
  14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? Not yet, maybe once he has some skills up higher.
  15. Additional Comments? I'm looking forward to another season in Syka, if anyone wants to plot message me (I tend to be faster on Discord) and we can work something out!
Moritz Craven
Player

Words: 1102948
Joined roleplay: April 9th, 2019, 11:58 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Mizahar Grader (1)

Postby Tazrae on December 4th, 2021, 4:11 pm

Character Registry
  1. Who Are You?

Tazrae
    • Age, Sex, Race?

24, female, human
    • Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?

Resident Innkeeper
    • Tell us one secret your PC has?

She just recently learned she's an exiled Benshira.
    • Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself?

I'm an Innkeeper. That supports me.
    • Describe your character in a short abstract.

Taz is a kind carrying person that likes to caretake others. She's cheerful, talkative, and a good listener.
    • What are your character goals this season?

If she can afford it, she wants to put a second story on her Inn. She also wants to improve her Hostessing and Cooking skills.
    • Does your PC have the Syka Recommended SkillsWilderness Survival: E+
      ?

WS, Carpentry, Construction: Yes, Weapon, Hunting, Foraging: No
    • What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.

WS, Hunting, Foraging, and some Innkeeping Skills.
    • If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?

This thankfully is no longer an issue with me.
    • Why did you pick Syka?

I love the tropical vibe.
    • What is your favorite thing about Syka?

The jungle ruins of the remnants of Pavena lead to a million stories.
    • What does your PC add to Syka?

I talked about this in a thread last season during NaNo. Tazrae is the idea of safety and shelter.
    • How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?

I'll definitely join in Moderated Threads, but I don't need moderator attention.
    • Additional Comments?

If anyone wants a thread, hit me up. I'm around. I'm open for Outpost Threads too.
    "A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
    The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
    Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
    Tazrae
    Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
    Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
    Race: Human
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Journal
    Plotnotes
    Medals: 5
    Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
    One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
    Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Ialari Pythone on January 3rd, 2022, 3:05 am

Character Registry
    1. Ialari Pythone

2. 53 years old, Female, Isur

3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new?

A resident with a cave near the top of Stair-Step Falls (The Cave of Everywhere's Door)

Ialari is the first mortal in untold centuries to practice Dominion, the magic of shaping and folding space within the Ukalas.

Ialari has enough coin to support herself and acts from time to time to provide various materials to the Panacea.

Ialari is, to put it simply, strange. Although she appears much like any other female of her race physically, mentally she is something of a work-in-progress. She doesn't have a good grasp on social constructs of society and tends to lean on philosophical concepts, magical theory and a perspective shaped by otherworldly encounters. She is a mage who is somewhat outside of herself; constantly working to integrate her reality with the rest of existence.

Ialari seeks to reintegrate with the world outside of her Dominion. Too much time spent in the Ukalas tends to change a person. To balance that change, she wishes to understand the transformations she's undergone with the context of what it is to truly live. In addition, she needs to increase her survival skills.
      ?

She has all of the required skills just not to the level required as of yet. Some grading may raise a few but more development is definitely needed.

9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.

NA

10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this?

Understood and am planning on doing so as soon as possible.

Ialari was around back when Syka was just an idea. Seeing and experiencing the fruits of that idea and the wonder that the location has to offer is a fun environment to write in.

The danger, wonder and potential for grand storytelling.

Unique magic and knowledge that could work well with the concept of the settlement positioned on top of ancient magical ruins.

Not certain on this, I will have to approach that as the opportunity presents itself.

15. Additional Comments?

Not yet
    Remade In My Dominion!

Character Sheet

Granted Flashback Threads between 510 and 512 by Tarot.
    Ialari Pythone
    I'm Poison.

Words: 923994
    Joined roleplay: August 13th, 2009, 3:26 am
    Race: Isur
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Medals: 7
    Mizahar Grader (1) Trailblazer (2)
    Overlored (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
    2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Reve Ashworth on January 10th, 2022, 12:39 am

Character Registry
    1. Who Are You? Reve Ashworth
    2. Age, Sex, Race? 23, Human, Male
    3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? A New Resident! And one loooooooooong boat trip from Lhavit to Riverfall and Riverfall to Syka finally. At least it was good sightseeing?
    4. Tell us one secret your PC has? The fact that since he was born with a slight limp in his left leg has him worried that he is slowing those down around him. He does not tell others of this but compensates by taking on most of the tasks people ask him to do.
    5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? He's going to need a job, he has skills as a mage but the more employable skills are his fledgling Carpentry and Architecture skills.
    6. Describe your character in a short abstract. A curious wanderer and a willing hands-on learner, ready to take any opportunity that comes his way. Polite, talkative, and willing to help.
    7. What are your character goals this season? Settle into Syka, learn to not die in the jungle
      ?
      Carpentry, WS (Mountains but its something) both at low novice levels.
    9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent? If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine. N/A
    10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? Painfully aware and afraid
    11. Why did you pick Syka? The exploration, the chance to apply skills in novel ways, and the gorgeous setting.
    12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? The sense of adventure and mystery it brings.
    13. What does your PC add to Syka? Another body, magic, and hopefully buildings and structures!
    14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season? I'd need an introduction thread as he's trying to become a resident. Exploration is a bit off till his WS gets improved.
    15. Additional Comments? Excited to be here! And reach out to me on discord or here if someone has some great machinations they want a partner in crime with.
    Reve Ashworth
    Player

Words: 13396
    Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2022, 11:35 pm
    Race: Human
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets

Postby Naadiya on January 14th, 2022, 10:13 pm

Character Registry
    1. Who Are You? Naadiya Anvari Lisuli
    2. Age, Sex, Race? 26, Female, Mixed Human. Benshira + Svefra
    3. Are you a resident or tourist? How did you get here if you are new? New resident, arrived by a Svefra ship. She's not entirely sure if they left her because they couldn't bear her anymore or if Syka is important in her search for her father. Either way, her pockets are getting too light to keep going.
    4. Tell us one secret your PC has?She, along with all her sisters, is technically a bastard, though, as far as she knows, with her mother now dead, she is the only person who knows this.
    5. Do you need a job or have enough coin to support yourself? With approval, she will be a weaver working at the Tropical Fever Fashions boutique
    6. Describe your character in a short abstract. With fastidious eyes and hands she hopes to find a lead to her father, not sure of what if anything will be waiting for her when she does. (Gonna train those Intelligence skills! This might be a detective story!)
    7. What are your character goals this season?1- Not starve to death in this strange place with almost no money in her pocket. Find someone who either recognizes her face for its similarity to her mother's, or who recognizes something about the compass she has as the only clue of who her father is. Build up her skills.
      ?
      Not All. Only a little wilderness survival (though for the wrong biome, she'll love getting used to that!), and a little weapons
      (bow), she does have a trade skill (weaving) she can use to contribute in some way to the community
    10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert. Do you understand this? I do
    11. Why did you pick Syka? To make my PC uncomfortable in a place so starkly different than her upbringing exposed her to. She thinks she is here by chance
    12. What is your favorite thing about Syka? The lack of structural security makes it all very precarious + romantic + mysterious (not to mention the ruins)
    13. What does your PC add to Syka?A saucy Benshiran (newly Mixed) who is going to weave you some pretty interesting fabrics, once she finds out what she can use that grows wild here.
    14. How do you want Moderator Involvement in your PC this season?I would love some creative help in her search for information on the mysterious Svefra that is her father. Is he a masterful seaman and warrior with bulging muscles and a scar from ear to shoulder? Is he a cold, factual man with no room for love in his heart? Is he a cross dresser who collects the teeth of those he kills in a necklace he always wears? Endless possibilities
    15. Additional Comments?Very open to new threads with anyone in town!
    Naadiya
    Player

Words: 338062
    Joined roleplay: January 11th, 2022, 11:57 pm
    Race: Human, Mixed
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets

Postby Alexandra Gainsborough on February 5th, 2022, 4:38 pm

Character Registry
    1. Who Are You?
      Alexandra Gainsborough
    2. Age, Sex, Race?
      24, Female, Inarta
    3. Are you a resident or tourist?  How did you get here if you are new?
      Returning resident. Arrived by boat. The rest is a long story. Feel free to ask in a thread.
      Alex wants to build something big. It's going to require a lot of trial and error.
      I have enough coin for a few seasons but would always be happy to find a job blowing glass or learning one of the necessary skills.
      Alexandra is an Inarta trying to fit into a world with other humans. At times she can be brusk and awkward in social situations. She is generally hard working, kind and likes to check in on her friends often. She trys to keep busy when she is alone, learning new skills or tending to daily tasks. She has a darker side but does her best to keep it in check.
      Advance at least one useful skill. Improve skills that will allow Alexandra to get closer to her construction project.
      ?

Negative. I hope to get at least 1 up to par.
    9. What required skills did you raise last season and to what extent?  If you are pending grades, guestimations are fine.
      Last active season*
      Foraging +1
      Shortbow +5
    10. If you do not have the required WS skills to go out in the jungle alone, death is certain. If nothing else, it is suggested you work towards raising your WS to Expert.  Do you understand this?
      Yes I sure do. Always take a buddy... or maybe 10.
      For the adventure. Like this place Alexandra wants to build herself from nothing.
      The raw untapped potential. The ability to shape how things are.
      Shes a glass blower, this can help by making storage vessels, covers for lanterns, and anything else glass is great for.
      Not sure at this point.
    15. Additional Comments?
      Always looking to make new friends and meet new people.
      It may take a few days for a reply depending on what's going on with ooc life.
    Alexandra Gainsborough
    Player

Words: 77257
    Joined roleplay: January 21st, 2018, 11:38 pm
    Race: Human, Inarta
    Character sheet
    Storyteller secrets
    Plotnotes