OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Post all Syka OOC chatter, questions, and comments here.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts!

Postby Shiress on April 27th, 2022, 12:39 am

Looking for a sitter/caregiver for my 3-year-old son, Ian.

Part-time and/or on-demand

Pay negotiable

No housework, onsite meals

No prior experience required

Very little skill is needed as Ian is a very sweet -highly influential- toddler. He's obedient and stays put when told to do so. Also, comes with a built-in (thumb) pacifier and monkey bodyguard. He does have a habit of repeating what he hears at random, inopportune times.

Apply within

(Seriously, let me know if your character would be interested in watching Ian IC and I seriously will pay silver, the amount depending on the thread. You could RP watching Ian in one of your threads, or I can just mention your character is watching Ian if needed in mine. My poor monk needs a break :lol: bless him)
Moonlight drowns out all but the brightest stars

Character sheet
Shiress
Every path has a few puddles

Words: 918381
Joined roleplay: January 25th, 2013, 7:01 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Featured Thread (2) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 16th, 2022, 2:20 am

Hi Folks!

Please remember, we are getting down to the wire on the Season Change. We only have until the last day of this month to wrap up threads and get things done. We've helpfully had a series of challenges to motivate us... but please remember to qualify for loosing your Curse, you need to make sure you update (or post to begin with) in the Calender thread here:

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic85777.html

Make sure your word count is Up To Date and that you list all the threads where you've done the challenges etc. I have to even update my own, which is why I'm reminding everyone. Your word count needs to be at least 25K to dump this curse even if the Settlement or Individuals don't solve the problem. If it isn't resolved this season, it can always spill over into next season, though I do have a really fun theme planned for the wind-down from all this seasons drama.

You have 15 days!

Goss

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Gossamer on May 20th, 2022, 2:24 pm

Hi Guys!

This is your last warning from me! Get your 25K word count in. You need to have it tracked in the Calendar thread to count (link in previous post/sticky in main forum). Collect all your uncollected quest/challenge prizes. Get your jobs done!

If you don't have a job finalized, get one finalized with me OOC even if you are struggling IC. And don't forget your placeholders. They matter if you think you won't wrap up business in a week.

If you need anything at all or are waiting for me to post so you can get going, give me a nudge. I need reminders like everyone else.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on May 29th, 2022, 5:57 pm

Hi Folks!

Since we are literally a day and a half away from season change, if anyone wants to do any last-minute rolls to see if they learn anything new about the curses by doing any actions... even something as simple as interrogating an NPC... or confronting a ghost, etc... just let me know. I've said this all along but I thought you all might like a reminder. If you hit your 25K... your curse gets cured regardless. But it will be better for everyone if you solve the problem in thread. :)

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 7th, 2022, 9:30 pm

Hey Guys.

I'm making some changes to the Request Thread. I'm turning it into the GRADE REQUEST THREAD only. Other requests... wages, jobs, etc... will be handled in different threads. That way, I will not be deleting any posts in that thread when I finish them.... or repeatedly being accused of doing so.

Also, none, absolutely none, of you are following the grade request directions.

When your thread is graded, don't put GRADED on it. Delete your request. That's not a hard thing to ask. Just delete it. Please and thank you. I'll repost the instructions here.

Grade Requests:

• Must be in Syka, Jungle Wilds or Suvan Sea
  • Must be no larger than 5 pages. Break them into multiple threads if they are.
  • Only one grade request per post.
  • DELETE YOUR REQUEST WHEN YOUR THREAD IS GRADED.
  • Graders and Storytellers reserve the right to skip your grade request if the font/color is too harsh or too dark to read in either the actual thread or the request.
  • Feel free to note what you'd like awarded but understand we do not have to give those skills.
  • Please have your CS current and your ledger up to date.
  • Note anything that might affect your grades (Maxed skills/Mastery of Teaching, etc)
  • If the thread is abnormally long, break it up into Part I, Part II, etc Multiple threads. Excessively long threads won't be graded quickly.

If you won't follow these simple directions that have been posted since the beginning of this thread, I'll ask graders to skip your requests. The deletion part is even BOLDED and ALL UPPERCASE.

Thank you.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 8th, 2022, 1:45 am

Due to the continuing problems with the Grade Request Thread, I just reposted it as a new thread that shouldn't be buggy. This situation has been caused in the past by people posting buggy boxcodes. Be sure, in the new thread, that your box codes are not throwing errors.

Feel free to repost your grade requests or move them over. The same rules apply. I'll delete the old one tonight before I go to bed.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Tazrae on June 9th, 2022, 1:11 am

Help Wanted!

Hi all!

I'm looking for a steady helper for The Protea. Tazrae's busiest times are the early mornings and the dinner crowd. She makes lunch a casual affair and makes a lot of easily packed or 'help yourself'' lunch things. I'd like to free up more of Tazrae's late mornings and afternoons for other doings, namely her own research and trips into the jungle as a Ranger. Right now I RP her 'break time' as being the early to late afternoons where she tends to relax and nap. She doesn't sleep at night much so it's important that I keep these RP times freed up for her R&R.

To that end, I want to hire a full-time helper for the Inn. The position would come with room and board (if needed). A live-in helper would earn 3 GM base and one not wanting a room can earn 4 GM as a base wage. This helper would be responsible for basic room cleaning, sheet changing once a week and the laundry that entails, towels, restocking soaps and shampoos, and supervising the kitchen during lunch... basically passing out things Tazrae has made up for the guests.

We can work out a schedule if your PC needs mid-day breaks or time to go do Ranger/hobby things as well. Otherwise, I'm just going to hire an NPC that won't vanish in the middle of roleplay. I have no preference on age, sex, religion, race, or otherwise. I just want someone reliable. That's my only qualifier. New characters or alts are also welcome.

Let me know if anyone is interested before I hire an NPC. Grab me in chat or shoot me a PM. Thanks so much in advance.

Taz

Edit: Position Filled. Thanks!
"A mark of an open mind is being more committed to your curiosity than your conviction.
The goal of learning is not to shield old views against new facts, but to revise old views with new facts.
Ideas are possibilities to explore, not certainties to defend."

Garden Beach Syka The Protea Inn

"Listen to the wind, it talks. Listen to the silence, it speaks. Listen to your heart, it knows."
Tazrae
Be savage, not average.

Words: 1916653
Joined roleplay: May 3rd, 2020, 2:02 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syka Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Gossamer on June 23rd, 2022, 3:11 am

Just a quick note to let you all know I had every intention of moderator posting tonight, but due to a co-worker not showing up to work, I ended up being there a heck of a long time today. I came home tired and am going to bed instead of trying to force out a couple of posts. I will try again tomorrow.

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on June 27th, 2022, 12:42 am

HI Sykans!

This is directed towards the new folks.

Remember, when you first come to Syka, your first thread in Syka should be your arrival thread where you meet one or all three of the Founders and establish yourself with a place to stay and possibly a job. If you don't want a job at first, that's fine. You still have to introduce yourself and be 'vetted' by one or more of these individuals. I can moderate the thread or you can self-moderate.

However, if you have gnosis marks from Gods that are considered 'darker' or manipulative, you may not be allowed to stay. Syka is a VERY small community and most of the NPCs have higher levels of magic and can immediately tell you have these types of things.

You need to run these things through me too before you start RPing.

Goss
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on September 1st, 2022, 11:06 pm

Hi Everyone!

Today is the new season! We're technically in Fall of 522 A.V.!! I'll have the new calendar and character registries up shortly. If you've been good and got your job threads done, fantastic. Let me know if you need paid! I'll do that first thing. All threads from last season are grandfathered. Any threads for jobs left from Spring 522 or older and null and void so you cant turn them in for anything but XP.

I'll go around and get everything updated here shortly. If anyone needs anything or has any questions, let me know!

Goss

Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext