[Alvadas Quest, Part I] Reflecting the Illusion of Water

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

An inland sea created by Ivak's cataclismic fury during the Valterrian, the Suvan Sea is a major trade route and the foremost hub for piracy in Mizahar. [lore]

Postby Derric on January 29th, 2011, 10:54 pm

At last the illusion gave way. Sand turned to wood, tables appeared from nothing, and, after the unexplainable crack of noise that officially marked their victory stopped, everything turned silent. As his headache, briefly amplified by the sudden, loud noise, finally died back into a distant pounding, Derric tuned in on the short conversation taking place between the scholar and Senessa. He still regarded the symenestra woman as a little crazy, but now he realized there was something more. There was a certain strangeness surrounding her that he'd failed to pick up on before. It had to do with the way she immediately dismissed Doddel's words, saying that he had no idea what Ionu wanted, almost as if it were implied that she, unlike the head scholar, did. And then there was her warning. Senessa stared directly at Derric and said that Ionu was doing the same, gazing at him and the others. Based on how much she seemed to know, a thought was beginning to be formed at the back of Derric's mind. But, the idea was preposterous, if not absolutely insane. Despite the countless oddities he'd encountered during his time on the ship, Derric adamantly refused to believe that what he was thinking could, even in the slightest bit, be at all true. Even after all they'd been through, the idea felt absurd. Unwilling to let the thought become any more overwhelming he pushed it aside and turned his attention back to Curn, thinking of an answer to Asperenus' question. What would they do with the traitor?

After a brief silence, it was Hadrian who decided to speak first. His idea, to hypnotize Curn, seemed logical. While Derric didn't completely understand the man's intentions, he guessed that it'd involve brainwashing the man, making him think he was someone else. The Konti, Derric believed her name was Aseli or something of the sort, had an answer that, in the performer's opinion, barely constituted as an answer at all. Of course, as she'd proposed, Curn had to be treated like a criminal. He had, after all, tried to destroy their minds. Derric didn't let himself think otherwise for even a moment: the traitor had to be punished.

Having decided on a response, Derric looked back to Asperenus. "I say we go with, oh, eh, what's his name," he began, motioning at Hadrian while unable to remember the man's name. "His idea," he said, having finally given up on recalling the name, "I can't claim to be an expert on hypnotism, but from the things I've heard, it sounds like it could work. Our little friend here can't try to take over Alvadas if he doesn't know why he would ever do it." Content with the simple response, Derric grew quiet once more and looked at Pain, the only one of them yet to speak.
Only dead fish swim with the river
Derric
Only Dead Fish Swim With the Stream

Words: 36508
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2010, 11:13 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Medals: 1
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Elhaym on January 29th, 2011, 11:09 pm

Derric's offer of assistance was met with a short nod. She could do this on her own, she just had to try harder... and she did. Oh gods, she did. Pain's mind was a war zone, the darkness she accumulated in order to concentrate battled by the images and thoughts that invaded without relent. So, she kept it simple. Basic furnishings, wood and cloth... and perhaps it was enough. At last, Pain's mind seemed to find it's niche in her own feeble meditation, and the moment she felt that she had succeeded... it was over. Pain had no time to rejoice or speak. All she could do was place her hands against her temples and grit her teeth. The stinging pain that filled her skull wasn't welcome, and it seemed to amplify the pain swelling on the surface of her face back to it's full agonizing potency. The stabbing in her mind seemed to reside, but her broken nose hurt badly... and her rushed job of resetting it hadn't made things much easier on that front. Dried blood smeared her face, underneath her eyes and running down her chin and neck.

Pain sighed as the others spoke. Bunch of petchin' softies, is what they were. Were they really this spineless, or were did they actually feel like their proposed punishments were enough? Pain got to her feet, much to Curn's dismay as she was still sitting on his back. Pushing a bit of weight onto the scholar's back, Pain hopped off and retrieved Tanny from his makeshift shelter. It was no longer needed, and she desired the comfort of her companion. As she cradled her old mutt in her arms, she glared about the room.

"I don't think you people get it. This murderous bastard wasn't playing games, and I for one don't plan on playing games when it comes to what we do with him. Don't forget, you didn't all see what happened. If Derric and I hadn't been together, one of us would be dead right now. You don't think that matters? Petch that. And you damn sure shouldn't forget that." Pain said, her voice sounding as if it were mixed with gravel and fueled by her obvious irritation. The last bit was directed at Derric, whom Pain took a moment to give a stern look in the eye before she continued. "Besides, you can 'rehabilitate' or 'observe' all you want, but short of shoving a spike up this son of a bitch's nose and turning him into a vegetable, you ain't gonna change him. One year, five years, ten years... this shyke will happen again. Maybe the gods think thats funny. I don't care. If Ionu was so fond of this bastard, he would have helped him succeed."

Pain leaned down, letting Tanny to the floor. He happily circled Pain's feet, a stark contrast to her harsh statements and gestures. Pain glanced down at her dog, almost like a mother to her child. It was obvious that she cared for him, but unknown to most was her irritation that the other people on board could have been hurt or killed as well. She barely knew Derric or Hadrien, but they were both capable men who had proven themselves in her eyes. Aselia was a friend, and that mattered.

"The answer is simple. This son of a bitch tried to take our lives. You should never try to take something if you ain't willing to lose something. So, you reach out..." Pain said, moving her arms as if she were gripping a person's head and neck from behind.

"And you take it." Pain said, jerking her hands as if she had broken the imaginary victims neck. She accompanied the gesture by clicking her tongue against her teeth, simulating the sound of snapping bones. It was obvious what her choice was.

If Pain had her way, this group would break his neck and toss his body overboard.

Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 3
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Cadence on February 2nd, 2011, 3:04 am

Curn seemed to take to the hypnotism suggestion rather more complacently than to Pain’s. Upon hearing Pain’s solution, he very nearly began screaming profanities again, before an imperious look from Asperenus.

“Thank you for your input,” said the Head-Scholar, bowing his head. “The idea of hypnotizing the man is certainly an interesting one. I shall bring it before the other Schoalrs. Though I must say, I rather favor Miss Pain’s solution,” he added, a brief smirk lifting up his lips.

24th of Winter, 510 A.V.

Time passed quickly abroad the Azure Lady. The next forty days of lazing around the ship seemed almost boring after the excitement the travelers had partaken in on the very first day of their journey. Throughout the course of their remaining time abroad the ship, they learned that Curn had persuaded a few sailors to join his cause – the man who Pain had dispatched being one of them. Asperenus ordered those men placed in three unused cabins, along with Saaren Curn, where they were guarded by a pair of trusted sailors. On the 45th day of the Azure Lady’s journey, the walls of Alvadas began to rise gradually over the horizon, drawing everyone on deck for a better look. Relatively low in height, the walls provided a view of the roofs of some of the city’s buildings and high towers. A dome surrounded by pointed towers rose from the heart of the city, lording over the lower rooftops. As the Azure Lady drew closer to the harbor, those abroad the ship could make out the green stretches of moss that covered the stone wall, and hear all the busy sounds that customarily came with a trade city. Overhead, the sky was clear of all clouds, the sun shining with a bright glow that reflected in the glass windows of some of the taller towers.

The crew milled around the deck, pulling in sails and throwing out ropes to anchor the ship to the docks. Senessa Avenca glided onto the deck, her azure robes looking smooth and clean, and her hair hanging freely past her shoulders. She seemed to be standing straighter, her chin just a fraction higher than usual, her neck just a little more elongated. The Symenestra came to stand by Derric, observing him silently for a full five chimes before speaking as cryptically as ever. She leaned in close to him, so that Derric could feel her cool, dry breath in his ear. “Ionu has watched, and Ionu has seen. So, have I. You have things to settle in your head. Big things. Big ideas. Big doubts. Big decisions. When you settle them, you may tell me so, and you may tell Ionu so. And then, if Ionu grants you the gift, you will find me, and I will teach you how to use it.” Without waiting for a reply, the woman pulled away and whipped around, her hair almost hitting Derric in the face.

She swept past a bumbling sailor, very nearly causing the man to drop the crate he was holding. At the stern of the ship, Doddel Asperenus cleared his throat loudly, immediately causing all attention to focus on him. The man looked cleaner and more put together as well, having obviously trimmed his moustache and brushed back the little hair that still occupied his scalp. It seemed that everyone was trying to put their best foot forward upon entering Alvadas. “I would like to thank you all for undertaking this journey. Ionu has asked for fresh minds for his city, and it appears that it what he got. You have all showed admirable courage and ingenuity in dealing with the… little inconvenience we’ve experienced on the first day of this journey. In view of this, the captain and Iwould like to reward each of you with 100 gold mizas to thank you for your bravery.”

He paused for a second, as if waiting for a round of applause. When none came, he continued, “However, I am afraid I have one more thing to ask of you. Saaren Curn almost succeeded in tearing apart the fabric of the ship’s reality not because of his skill as an illusionist- though that factor certainly played a part – but because of the raw illusion he had been able to store in his amulet. I am ashamed to admit that The Scholar’s Abode had never before actually possessed such an artifact, though there have been records of the existence of similar items. Unfortunately, now that this particular piece is destroyed, there is nothing for us to do conduct research upon. After analyzing the sort of wood that has gone into crafting the amulet, I have come to the conclusion that it comes from a certain kind of tree that grows in Alvadas. This tree is available in a certain garden in the city, a kind of maze…” Asperenus paused again here, before rushing on quickly, as if trying to gloss over his reluctance to speak more of the garden. “We would be very grateful if the four of you would be kind enough to enter this maze, locate said tree, and cut away some of its bark for our research. Needless to say, you will be compensated for your efforts. If you choose to accept this offer, please arrive at said garden maze on the morning of the 30th of Winter. I am sure you will have no trouble finding the garden. It tends to stay in one place.”

His speech finished, Asperenus turned away toward the docks that were spread out before him. He would give out the travelers’ rewards as they later departed from the ship. He stood looking out at Alvadas for a few chimes before making his way over to Hadrian. “Mister Aelius, you have demonstrated sufficient magical ability and scholarly inclinations in the duration of this trip, particularly on the first day. Certainly, I cannot speak for our God, but I think I can safely presume that Ionu has been pleased with you as well. I would strongly recommend that you heed my words and come to the garden on the 30th, not only because we require your help, but also because it would give you a chance to gain further favor in Ionu’s eyes and have a hand in discovering the means by which Curn has stored illusion in his pendant.”

With a curt nod of his head, Asperenus moved on to Pain. “My lady, you have certainly impressed me. I do not have any skill in combat, nor have I seen how you handled the obstacles that you were faced with. However, I am told by Senessa that you have…let me remember how she put it…oh yes! Miss Avenca said that you ‘kicked the pech out of them.’ Certainly a crude way of putting it, but a very accurate one. I hope you will consider joining us on the 30th day of Winter. I believe your resourcefulness will be very much of use. Regardless, I’ve realized that you may be interested in meeting an acquaintance of mine, Master Keran Lynt” Asperenus dug around in a fold of his robe, before producing a neatly creased paper, that when unfolded appeared to be the size of a standard letter. “He is a rather well-known combat instructor in Alvadas, though he never takes on students without a recommendation. I thought that you may be interested in calling on him one day.” Silently, he passed the letter of recommendation to Pain, and departed with a respectful bow of his head.

Meanwhile, Senessa Avenca had successfully wove through the throng of sailors to stand next to Aselia. “Seers the lot of you. Seers and healers,” muttered the Symenestra under her breath, just loud enough for Aselia to hear. Raising her voice slightly, she said, “Saved that man’s life, you did. Konti have a habit of doing that. Every last one of them. Not too fond of it myself…” The woman seemed to lose track of what she was saying, pausing for a rather uncomfortably long time before continuing. “Come to the Garden of No Retrun, Konti. That old fool couldn’t even call it by its name, but it’s that Garden of No Return nonetheless. That is what the people of Alvadas call it. I will be there. And Ionu will be there. Though, Ionu is everywhere in Alvadas, at once, of course.” The woman’s sentences became more and more disjointed, and she seemed to get confused again, stopping herself for another chime. “You be there, Konti, and remember…candlelight is always better than darkness. Candles are important, Konti. Very, very important.” The Symenestra held her amethyst gaze on Aselia’s for a moment. A second later, she broke eye contact and swept away with a flourish of her robes.

Water sloshed around the hull of the ship, rocking it gently as is settled into the harbor. As the travelers prepared to set foot in Alvadas, they had the distinct feeling that something had so subtly shifted in the atmosphere. In their peripheral vision, the air seemed to shimmer, every sound came with just a faint sort of echo, and every scent seemed to be more rich and distinct. However, after a few chimes of standing in Alvadas, the strange sensations faded, replaced by the familiar feeling of an unfamiliar city.

Mod NoteWhew. And we come to the end of Part I of the Alvadas quest. :) You can all make a final post in this thread, and then I will grade it for xp. The 2nd part of the quest will be put up shortly, and will probably be considerably shorter than this one.
Cadence
Musical Silence

Words: 88873
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2010, 7:11 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

Postby Aselia Timandre on February 2nd, 2011, 8:19 pm

Aselia wasn’t really interested in Curn’s fate, so she wasn’t impressed by Asperenus’ voicing his opinion. She was glad that the rough part was over.

The rest of the journey she spent on deck. Compared to the first day, it was peaceful and quiet which reminded her of her first and last journey. Together with her sister, her sister’s bondmate and another Konti she had sailed from Mura to Zeltiva and then traveled to Syliras by horse. The ship ride Aselia would never forget. The captain had turned out to be an interesting character, there had been a festival with singing and dancing and storytelling. Everyone had greatly enjoyed the trip, she was sure. Those were the differences, but the salty air, the fresh breeze and the blue ocean stretching to the horizon never changed. Aselia loved watching Laviku’s waves and could do so forever.

The first few days she spent tending to Holuri, speaking with her – sounding like she was talking to herself –, cleaning her feathers and skin and trying to play little games with her to keep their connection tight. Of course, on a ship with no living prey to hunt other than rats, possibilities were limited. Aselia soon started to combat boredom by talking to Pain, about everything and anything. She could be a chatterbox if she knew people, but even then, she only talked about general topics and kept her privacy. For her, it was important that nobody knew anything about her, especially those she herself didn’t know too well. Pain was a friend though, so she at least spoke with her apart from meaningless phrases like “good morning” and “oh, the weather is fine today”. As time passed, Aselia even grew tired of being nice and simply walked around, hands in pockets, only speaking to someone if there was meaning behind her words. Something else she did was sing. Although it wasn’t as funny as singing for a particular person, she could still be seen sitting on the rail and singing to herself. Nevertheless, her light and sweet soprano voice was clear and loud enough to be heard.

The last day was a relief. Aselia hated doing nothing! By sunrise she had checked her horse, her belongings and her raptor and was ready. Apart from the crew, she was the first person on deck and promised herself that she wouldn’t leave the rail until they had anchored in Alvadas. Seeing the city appear at the horizon made her smile.

As Asperenus spoke up, however, she turned around. As a Konti barely past her youth and a traveler, she appreciated the reward he promised. Hundred gold mizas! That would add to her fund for buying ... whatever. It had to be something grand, something memorable and nothing material. But deciding on that project would be for later. Aselia listened to the rest of the speech, grinning as Pain’s combat skills were mentioned. She was glad for the girl, the girl who had lived a rough life in poverty back in Syliras. Aselia wondered how she felt with hundred mizas to spare.

The familiar voice at her side caused Aselia’s hands to twitch. Oh, she had been thinking about the Symenestra the past few days. Different ideas and possibilities had been rolling around in her head, but she hadn’t been able to come to a conclusion. The puzzle lacked some important parts and without those the image of Senessa Avenca wouldn’t be complete. Now that the subject of her thoughts directly addressed her, Aselia almost felt honored. She stood perfectly still, taking in every single word, so she would remember later. The Garden of no Return. It seemed that once again Senessa knew more than Asperenus and, more importantly, had decided to share it with Aselia. Why her? Why the Konti?

The last bit of advice struck her as odd. Candles? Obviously something about candles was important. Aselia wasn’t sure, but she had to start somewhere. Making a mental note, she decided to get some candles as soon as she entered the streets of Alvadas. And in six days ... “I will be there”, she confirmed. “And I’ll remember the candles. Thank you.” Her voice was low, just as Senessa’s, and something in its tone had changed. She seemed more serious, more grown-up perhaps.

Senessa intrigued her. She probably was a connection, the key to Ionu. When turning around, facing the city, Aselia chuckled a little to herself. The city would bring novelty and opportunities. Aselia longed for them just as she longed for solving its riddle.

"To see a world in a grain of sand, and to see heaven in a wildflower,
hold infinity in the palm of your hands, and eternity in an hour."
Aselia Timandre
Player

Words: 89486
Joined roleplay: January 8th, 2010, 9:11 pm
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Derric on February 2nd, 2011, 10:38 pm

After the initial excitement of the trip had finally waned, Derric found himself with an incredible amount of time on his hands. For the most part, he spent the days alone with no one else to interact with. Aselia kept to herself, and he only ever heard her when she sat on the ship's rail, singing to the air. On the other hand, Hadrian was just too boring. Sure, his aptitude in the magical arts was interesting, but, in Derric's eyes, he was nothing more than a scholar. And, scholars were almost always boring. He tried pursuing Senessa, a character he so badly wanted more answers from, but he never ended up successful in his ventures to find her. His attempts seemed so wasted that, at times, he began to wonder if she was right behind him. Invisible to his eyes, mocking his feeble attempts to locate her. Alas, such thoughts were pointless and, instead of interacting with the other people aboard, the Azure Lady, Derric spent the next forty or so days either practicing his street magic and deep in thought.

On the upside, his skills certainty seemed to be improving. With each day, his shuffles grew more precise, his abilities to conjure a coin from a sleeve, close to perfect as they may have been, failed less and less. But, the more he practiced, the more he realized what it'd be like when they finally arrived at their destination. Alvadas, the city home to the god of illusion, a place were a simple, sleight of hand magician was nothing compared to the real illusionists that roamed the streets; their magic infinitely more incredible and captivating than anything he could hope to achieve naturally.

It was those thoughts that renewed his passion for Alvadas. While the adventure from the first day aboard the ship certainly caused a sense of uncertainty and worry about the city and about illusionism, during the days that followed Derric was finally able to put those fears to rest. Perhaps it was only temporary, a fearlessness caused by the fantasies of being able to master the skills that Ionu represented. Maybe it was nothing more than a feeling that was doomed to be abolished the moment something as exciting as their earlier adventure occurred.

Yet, it was entirely possible that it was more than that too. In those forty days aboard the ship that he'd once thought would be his coffin, Derric had plenty of time to think. In that time he concluded that his fears didn't matter. They didn't matter because they'd get him nowhere. For someone to dream of becoming a great magician, they had to be willing to take risks. They even had to be willing to seem a little insane. But, it was an insaneness that was okay. It was okay because the true performers were the ones that dared to stand out, that dared to be different. Perhaps he'd considered the symenestra crazy because of those same reasons. Maybe, just maybe, it was that willingness that made a performer great enough to capture the attention of the god of performers. However, such thoughts were too much to completely process in such a short time, and at that point they were nothing more than ideas, theories that required more than just a few nights spent sitting on the deck of a ship of consideration to fully accept.

It was on the final Derric woke up elated and energized. At last, it was the day the ship was set to dock. After so much anticipation, it was finally time for Derric to experience the magic of Alvadas firsthand. As they neared the city, Senessa neared Derric giving him one last thing to think about. The words seemed to push his ideas into a higher prominence in the man's mind. The Symenestra was right, he did have thoughts that had to be settled. While there was no doubt that he'd make progress in doing so over the course of the voyage, there was still more to think about. He turned his head to agree and mention that he'd all ready done a little bit of the thinking, but by the time he opened his mouth she was all ready gone. The behavior was typical for her, but frustrating all the same. Yet, he held no doubts that he'd get his chance to think. At that moment Derric promised himself that he'd settle his thoughts and track her down again. If he was ever going to be the person he wanted to be, he had to.

As if finally arriving in the city was enough, the 100 golden mizas was then promised by Asperneus. Sure, Derric would probably end up wasting the money, but it was enough to make him even more excited. The excitement took a subtle dip at the mention of another mission, but he quickly wiped the worry away. He had the strangest feeling that there was something more to locating the tree than the head scholar was willing to let on, but he couldn't let such a thought bother him. He'd survived the voyage, and there had to be a reason for that. Rather, so long as he had these people, he felt that he could make it through whatever else the city had in store.

NoteFeels strange, now that it's finally over. It was an exciting run, though. As the first full length/finished RP that I've done with Derric it was definitely useful in discovering who he really is. Now it's time to take him into Alvadas and secure the ultimate prize. ;). Also wanted to thank you for dealing with me, because I can't help but think you're all amazing writers in comparison to me. :P
Only dead fish swim with the river
Derric
Only Dead Fish Swim With the Stream

Words: 36508
Joined roleplay: September 21st, 2010, 11:13 pm
Character sheet
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Hadrian on February 3rd, 2011, 12:17 am

The rest of the trip was relatively uneventful. Hadrian slept quite a bit at first, eating as much food as he could fit into his groaning stomach, only to have it disappear as his body converted it into energy for his depleted stores. The sea passage seemed the perfect opportunity to do so, especially since his attempts to acquaint himself with his fellow passengers, if not outright befriend them, were met with coolness.

Though it was simply a natural thing to do, gathering one's strength back after a period of trial and tribulation, he couldn't help but feel that there were challenges ahead that would require he be at his most ready to cope. His suspicions were confirmed when Asperenus requested their presence for another dangerous service to Alvadas, and Senessa did little to alleviate what very well might have been a healthy dose of fear.

When Asperenus pulled him aside, he listened and nodded seriously.

"I will be there, Master Asperenus," he said simply. "Also, I would like to observe if not participate in any attempts to duplicate the pendant. I hesitate to call myself a magecrafter, because I have little crafting skill as of yet, but I craft enchantments with the best of them." This was not a lie, Stonemiller and Nightshade being experts in the field, and he felt that he was nearing Nightshade's level of expertise.

"Regardless of whether or not you accept my aid, I do hope I will get to see the Scholarly Abode of which you have spoken..."

Conversation drifted. He wanted to make a colleague, if not a friend, of Master Asperenus. But finally the Azure Lady made port and all he could do was take a deep breath before leaving.

"I will see you all on the 30th," he said, his voice suddenly brimming with possibility, vim and vigor they might not have noticed in him before.
Hadrian
Most smartest and best damn tapper.

Words: 1050304
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2010, 6:50 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Character (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Elhaym on February 5th, 2011, 3:58 am

The thundering curses and swears that seemed to radiate from inside the ship lasted only about fifteen chimes... the time it took for the ship's 'doctor' to re-break, and reset her nose properly. Pain emerged with a bandage on her face, frowning and storming about the deck in a huff. Much to the sailor's amusement, the doc emerged as well... with a black eye and a fat lip.

Aside from that interesting tidbit, Pain had little to do aboard the ship. Well, vomit over the edge of the ship's railings was a favored activity for the first few days. Pain spent a bit of time conversing with Aselia, but found it difficult as Aselia always seemed to spin Pain's questions back onto her, as if she were threatened by releasing too much about herself. As time passed, and the novelty of being aboard a massive ship began to diminish Pain found herself helping the sailor's in their tasks a suitable way to pass the time. Though she had no idea how to do anything aboard a ship, her athleticism proved itself worthwhile as she shimmied up the mast poles to mend sails, move about the thick piles of rope on the deck, and of course engage in arm wrestling contests with the sailor's themselves. They were a burly lot, and Pain lost to all but one sailor... who was of course ridiculed without relent for the entire remainder of the journey.

Tanny's sea legs seemed to take hold much easier than Pain's, and he became a bit of a mascot for the journey. Pain told the story of his part in her and Derric's survival multiple times, each time the tale ending with lots of love and affection for her beloved dog. But of course, the story could only be told so many times... and soon, the days degraded into monotony.

The final day however, was slightly more interesting. Pain was initially uninterested in anything else having to do with Alvadas and it's idiotic problems. But, after looking at Aselia, Derric, and Hadrien's faces as they took in the possibility of another task... she felt that perhaps, just maybe she could come. After all, not a damn one of them was worth a lick in a fight. That, and she was by far the most athletic of the team. Meditating and brainstorming were not her specialties, but she had more than enough to make up for that. So she simply nodded in response to the request for aid, promising nothing but to think it over.

Asperenus' comments evoked a grin that peaked the right side of her mouth. She nodded in thanks as he mentioned a name that Pain forgot almost instantly, but was grateful that he gave her some sort of document. Well, if she was going to stay just a little while... perhaps seeing this man couldn't be that bad of an idea. Everyone in Alvadas couldn't be a thin, weak little scholar after all... could they? Besides, she'd just been paid a hundred Gold Mizas... and the thought of blowing it on something in the city tantalized her.

She would stay in Alvadas... just for a bit. Perhaps long enough to have a real discussion about fighting with someone who knew more than herself. Perhaps long enough to see what the city they had just inadvertently aided was all about. Perhaps also...

To make some friends.
Elhaym
Kick! Punch! It's all in the mind.

Words: 567762
Joined roleplay: August 16th, 2010, 4:25 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1)

Postby Puzzle on May 15th, 2011, 2:51 am

Thread Complete!
"What a well made thread we have here."

Thread Review

Pain/Elhaym

Skills
Observation +1
+3 to Unarmed Combat
+2 to acrobatics
+1 to Strength
+4 to Meditation

Lore
Lore: Uneasiness in Alvadas
Lore: Illusions as Perspective
Lore: Illusion cures Illusion
Lore: Illusion Storms
Lore: To out-weird weirdness
Lore: Illusions are only as good as the level of detail in them
Lore: Detail requires focus
Lore: Harming weak illusions
Lore: What Ionu won't take
Lore: Illusion's weaknesses
Lore: Ionu admires learning
Lore: Easier to lose favor than to gain it.

Ledger
+100 Gold Mizas

Reward

Hadrian

Skills
Meditation +5
Acting +1
Flux +1
Reimancy: +3

-3 For overgiving to all magical skills.

[tab=Lore,#800080,white]
Lore: Uneasiness in Alvadas
Lore: Illusion cures Illusion
Lore: Detail requires focus
Lore: Harming weak illusions
Lore: What Ionu won't take
Lore: Ionu admires learning
Lore: Easier to lose favor than to gain it.

Ledger
+100 Gold Mizas

Reward

Derric

Skills
+5 Busking
+5 Meditation

Lore
Lore: Uneasyness in Alvadas
Lore: Illusion cures illusion
Lore: Detail requires Focus
Lore: Distraction as Illusion's weakness
Lore: How to reset a broken nose
Lore: What Ionu wont take

Ledger
+100 Gold Mizas

Reward

Aselia Timandre

Notes
She apparently owns a falcon?

I don't know how Konti are able to determine if someone is telling the truth, but this is used quite a bit. Probably Auristics or...? Upon knowing the skill used, I am inclined to reward more points.

Skills
+5 to meditation
+2 to etiquette
+2 to Healing
+2 to Singing
+4 to bird-keeping

Lore
Lore: Illusions as Art
Lore: What Ionu wont take

Ledger