[Wind Reach OOC] Touching The Sky II

Pop in here and say hello! Ask questions, propose thread ideas, solicit services, and make general announcements pertaining to WR.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The westernmost tip of Kalea, Wind Reach is home to an amazing group of people and their giant eagle mounts. [Lore]

Postby Flicker on September 21st, 2011, 8:40 pm

http://www.mizahar.com/forums/racial-pride-f129.html

Check out Goss' latest creation, and let's hear it for ginger's!
For the GingieBreadHeads ...or those amongst them

Flicker
WHOA! Whatwasthat?!

Words: 59097
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2010, 3:04 am
Race: Staff account
Office

Postby Sairque on September 22nd, 2011, 8:35 pm

Dear Aidara,

When I attempt to look at any thread that involves you, my tablet kills the browser. It's already been established that this peice of equipment is anti-Mike. But that's to protect my innocence. Why doesn't it like you? We should figure this out and find a remedy poste haste.

Sincerely, always and forever, yours

Crunchy Peanut Butter
"Oneday I wished upon a star
And woke up where the clouds are far
Behind me.
Where troubles melt like lemon drops
Away above the chimney tops
That's where you'll find me."
Sairque
It's so empty in here

Words: 424341
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2010, 12:15 am
Race: Human, Inarta
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Aidara on September 22nd, 2011, 9:48 pm

Wait, so you can't read any of my posts at all? Have you tried a different browser app or anything?
Aidara
The "i" is silent

Words: 946840
Joined roleplay: October 6th, 2010, 5:20 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 10
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1)
Power Fork (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kovac on September 23rd, 2011, 11:16 am

Sai, I heard that.
Kovac
Snarky Mongrel

Words: 534544
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2010, 7:19 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 24th, 2011, 6:17 pm

Hello Gingers-

I just want to make a quick note here. If you have any issues in Wind Reach please bring your issues to our attention - meaning the staff of Wind Reach myself specifically - and not involve staff from other cities. If you have issues with me, feel free to talk to me anyhow but feel free to include Tabarnac or other Founders. This is perhaps one of the highest irritations to me to find out someone has problems with someone else or a situation within the city and hasn't bothered to talk to me about it but has gone to third parties and complained without attempting to even solve the matter internally with the staff that are here and problem solve day to day as part of their storyteller duties.

If I don't know about a problem, how in the world am I supposed to fix it?

This is even more baffling when new players are involved because it leaves me to believe they won't even give the staff here a chance to solve the issues they feel are present. Not only is it 'awkward' to the outside people you go to who have zero jurisdiction here and are put in a bad place, but it shows that perhaps having zero trust or confidence in the current staff of the domain you play in might indeed mean you are playing in the wrong domain.

I am notoriously fair on issues that involve this city and the players who exist here. That's why Wind Reach is thriving and busy with truly epic plotlines. I've called my best online friends into question for things they do that might negatively effect complete strangers. It is completely outside of my understanding why someone won't bring issues to me that are inherently my job to deal with and would take them outside the city.

I don't allow other staff members to guest mod in Wind Reach unless they have a very clear understanding of the city and perhaps have even played here before. I also don't allow other staff members to get involved with internal problems in Wind Reach because they have no say in what goes on here and often times have a noted lack of understanding of the culture and hierarchy here. This is the same reason I won't (and other DS's shouldn't either) allow outside staffers (unless its an RS or a Founder) to get involved in their internal domain affairs.

So, in short, give us a chance to SOLVE your issues if you have them. Don't involve other staff members elsewhere without giving us a chance to help first.

Regards,

Gossamer
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Phoenix on September 25th, 2011, 5:15 am

Alright, Gingers.

We have some new developments. Because of numerous requests from many different people, I have started constructing a Flora and Fauna list for Wind Reach.

It. Is. Not. Completed.

What I have basically done is added the most common plants and animals that anyone can use in their threads. I have provided pictures and a brief description with all the important information that one would need to use these plants/animals properly.

Since I have been kicked in the butt to get these two lists up there, I haven't had the time to add a detailed description of the individual plants and animals, as you are clearly able to tell.

These. Will. Be. Coming.

Please... for the love of god, PLEASE be patient.

Also, I have conjured up a list of Alcoholic drinks and Recreational drugs, and have added both toThe Inclement Weather. Please drink and use responsibly.

Your friendly neighborhood Storyteller,
Phoenix.
Phoenix
The Capacity for Inspiration

Words: 782528
Joined roleplay: November 22nd, 2010, 3:54 am
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Advocate (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Trash Medal (1)

Postby Rista on September 25th, 2011, 10:43 pm

It has started!

A little unexpected even for me as I thought I'd have plenty of time to prepare, but exciting none the less.

Rista is finally on her way to leave Wind Reach, not entirely of her own choosing. That means that I have room for threads up until the 35th of Fall. So if you want to play with me, make sure to leave room up to that date, because after that she will no longer be around... :O

For those of you with characters that might be affected/worried/annoyed by her disappearance, this is the story; Rista decided to leave on her own for an extended hunting trip. She spoke to the Gatekeeper before she left, expecting to be back by the 60th of Fall, but she won't be coming back on time, and no messages will be sent home... She basically just disappears without a word.

It's a good thing we can jump back and forth in time with the writing, or I'd be feeling sad for real right now. ^^ As this is the only forum I've really roleplayed at on Mizahar, Wind Reach is as much of a home to me as it is to Rista; I have mixed feelings about having her leave for so long, but the thought of letting her come back home again is almost as exciting as having her leave for a while. ^^

Also, I'd like to say this to our wonderful Staff.

Thank you so much for all the hard work and all the time you place on us! On moderating threads, grading, information and all the other little things we barely notice in our day to day posting, but that make our experiences in Wind Reach so much better. You're all amazing, and get to hear it way too seldom. :)

And now I feel like sobbing, but that is wrong since I actually won't be going anywhere for quite a while.. still have a lot to do. :P
Rista
Black-Eyes

Words: 505199
Joined roleplay: July 13th, 2011, 4:15 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Artist (1)

Postby Taln on September 25th, 2011, 10:47 pm

In that case we need to FLICK someone's ear about a 'learning languages' thread that was supposed to be 3 days later.... ;)
Taln
Ivak's will be done

Words: 246324
Joined roleplay: August 6th, 2011, 12:57 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Character (1) Never Say Die (1)

Postby Alyeah on September 26th, 2011, 1:23 am

Phoenix, the list is awesome. I'm so happy to see it! :)
Alyeah
Unhinged

Words: 6815
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2011, 3:59 pm
Character sheet

Postby Flicker on September 26th, 2011, 1:26 am

Thank you, Rista. I hope your foray into the wilderness is satisfying and brief. Rista's a fun little mongrel to have underfoot.

Taln...Please have patience and forgive my absence. With five lit classes I spend all my extra time coming up with the perfect phrases and claims for argumentative papers, not Mizaharian threads. :( It makes me sad too.

On that note...

I've PMed several of you newish folks, though there are two, Jameson and Dimitri, that are next, and am still waiting for responses. That's a messed up sentence. But anyways, write me back. Or I'll drive-by mod your threads straight to...
For the GingieBreadHeads ...or those amongst them

Flicker
WHOA! Whatwasthat?!

Words: 59097
Joined roleplay: November 29th, 2010, 3:04 am
Office

PreviousNext