Signs In the Mist: Pt I: Team DEATHDEALERS.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Archelon on November 3rd, 2011, 6:07 am

oocContinued from first thread...
ATTENTION: Team Deathdealers…
Participants: Darian, Rayage, Cade, and Eryss.

Behind the Nuit grey tendrils of mist began to stretch across his form, as the spirit gently probed him sensing his undead state. ”You are dead, like us… Help us… Kill the fleshlings. Kill them all. Start with the ones here and you will be our brethren. Our equal… Kill them…. Kill them all… Let us join with you… Together we shall have Power. Power to kill the fleshlings, and then you will be removed from the cursed form of your undead state to join as in the pyres as this town burns. Surely that is what you would wish?”

Whether or not the words would be heeded by the nuit or not they would be interrupted from a woman’s voice high above shouting out a visceral scream as a shape of glowing white plummeted through the mists towards the greyish figure below. A giant hammer rammed the greyish apparition into the ground and the ghostly woman stood a momentum, her feet hovering slightly over the ground as she struggled to catch her breath.”Don’t listen to them! Please! They’ll just lead you to your deaths or your unmaking! Look there’s something I need you to do, I’ll make sure you’re all rewarded. Richly rewarded. In the graveyards to the southeast of the city, where the mists thin is a Key. You’ll know it when you see it. It needs to be taken to the Temple or everyone and every living thing in this town is going to end up dead faster than a drunken midget can drown in a barrel of winter ale! Just beware of the Craven. They’ll try and stop you. Hell, kill anyone that’s possessed by them if you need to. Just get that key.”

The mists behind the group swirled that oddish grey and a keening sound came again before the woman looked at Rayage and the other robed man. ”Look, you seem to be a nuit, maybe even one from sahova. If you finish this task I might know someone that can help you understand a bit about some magical oddities around here. Holdovers from the Pre-valt empire. A couple of alloys and splitter things to they used to use. You might not be as easy to bribe as a fleshling but I’m sure you might learn something good. I just hope you can petching help enough to see this through.”

The howls came again and the woman straightened up to hoist the soulmisted hammer over her shoulder again. ”Look, you guys really need to go, whatever you’re going to do you better do it now. Those Craven have your scent and won’t stop coming after you until you’re all dismembered and dead. So think about it like this: If you get the Key from the graveyard and bring it to the Temple then you’ll at least be able to survive the night. I’m sure even a moron would understand how that would work. Vie Alahea and Sunberth, and all that nonsense and don’t die! I need your help!”
Without further ado the ghost leapt past them and vanished into the mists, swinging her hammer at the grey ghostly wall that had been creeping closer to the party who had been unaware of its enshrouding presence. The nuit was right about one thing though, the mists were not natural: They were soulmist. The white mists the soulmists of the ghosts of the Isle, clouding over the city to suppress the Craven while they tried to coordinate some means of saving the city… perhaps the nuit would realize that fact now that he had met one of them.

Within the Graveyard and the Hillside cemetery of the Dust Pit…

Wolves were howling as dark shades passed them, shades that were born of hatred and wished nothing but the end of the town of sunberth. The end of all living things. Their numbers began to blur as their shapes moved amongst the graves, pawing at the earth, gnawing at the headstones as their ire began to grow.
Upon the highest hill, amidst a large stone catacomb with drawn runes etched upon its surface, a creaking sound of stone breaking could be heard as a large rocky hand clenched itself amidst the stagnant air. The last golem had awakened. It’s eyes burned Red amidst the mists as it strode out towards the top of the hill and stood there, as if awaiting orders. Orders which might never come; It just stood there: One more silent sentinel of the ancient town standing amidst the darkness… waiting for a hand to guide it back into the fray of battle. A key that would hopefully take its place on one of the platforms in the temple to open the way to the Catacombs…

Player Notes:
Whew ^-^ That was a long haul to read all that, but I’m caught up to here on grading this thread in progress ;). Anyways. OBJECTIVE TIME:

It’s really pretty simple: Take your respective groups and get to the respective locations while encountering any troubling ghosts, or possessed people or craven. Remember: the Lodestar ghosts won’t actually hurt you, just try to keep you away from the temple before the keys are delivered there ^-^. The real problem will be all the nasty little grey ones that just want you all dead :P. Have fun, and remember: also you should have fun :)
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Postby Eryss Waldu on November 18th, 2011, 9:42 pm

[Ghosts were not something to be trifled with. Eryss had dealt little with the apparitions but he knew enough to understand that Ghosts weren’t necessarily uncommon in the cities regardless of whether you dealt with them or not. He didn’t know much about soulmist or what the grey mist might have been but as the female apparition descended from the rooftops using her hammer against the mists before turning her attention to the group so that she could ply them with a task he was all ears. Indeed he had nothing to lose from merely hearing her out so he thought that he could manage to humour her if nothing else when she informed the men that she needed their assistance.]

[Listening as she explained that she needed the group to locate a key in the graveyards southeast of Sunberth Eryss would become more intent as the ghost told them all that they would be richly rewarded. Laying his hand on Cade’s shoulder so that he could distract him from doing anything rash in his, likely still, intoxicated state Eryss would have eyed up the other two men as well while continuing to pay attention to the Ghost and what was being told to them. Eryss was undecided at the moment when, after finishing her request for assistance, the Ghost disappeared back into what seemed like a fray. At least now he knew for certain that the mist was nothing to be taken lightly though and that it would likely harm any one of them if allowed.]

[It was difficult to describe what went through the mind of the Mage at that point but he made the conscious decision then that this quest may have been worth completing which is why he would have turned to Cade and told him...”Leave the bodies.”...it didn’t seem to matter whether or not they were left out in the open now after all. If anyone found the dead whores it could be easily surmised that the mists were responsible for their deaths and not Cade or the Mage. Looking back towards the mists which were beginning to close in unnaturally again after the departure of the apparition that had spoken to those present Eryss would momentarily sink into a thoughtful stance while considering his options and attempting to identify what the quickest path to the graveyards would be. Nodding his head eventually without having said much more on the subject.]

[At last the others, especially Cade, would have heard Eryss say...”The Graveyard seems the natural choice seeing as how these mists might well be the death of us otherwise. Cade, you and I will journey there and see if we can locate this key.”...the rest of what he said was directed more to the other two...”You’re both welcome to come. Unless you decide to retreat it seems to me that the mists are just as likely to seek your heads whether you accompany us or not.”...then Eryss would look back to Cade and nod his head once before lifting his hand and motion towards the direction that seemed the best route to take down the winding alleys of Sunberth.]

[Before Eryss moved however he’d sink into a momentary trance causing a thin translucent substance to exude from his pours and begin to cover his body of so it would appear. This was his Djed, channelled and given an almost liquid like texture, which would slowly cover himself in while occasionally running his hands over his body so that he could weave his fingers through the substance as though her were thread a needle. When completed his Shield the translucent coating would fade unless disturbed. The Shield Eryss made was one he had created several times before in that its primary purpose was to block, or turn aside, biologics only instead of using the Shield as a barrier to block passage he had covered himself with it however it also had a secondary purpose. Not knowing as much about Ghosts Eryss would have still attempted to create a Shield that could also deflect their undead Djed, the Mage at least reasoning their djed was different than his due to their different states of being, though he was as of yet uncertain how successful it would be. The entire process took several minutes with the bulk of the time expended being used to weave the theorized protection from the mists before it was finished and then Eryss was ready to move with Cade.]

[Walking closer to him now that he was ready Eryss would have stated...”You lead the way Cade. These -Craven- would be best introduced to your steel I think. If we run afoul of larger numbers then I will disperse them with something area affecting.”...though he wasn’t a tactician Eryss definitely had ideas about how he and Cade could be most effective working as a team likely due to the fact that had fought together on numerous other occasions. Glancing back at the other two Eryss would look at them both beneath his hood momentarily and ask...”Coming?”...before moving away down one of the alleyways; it was best to keep on the move after all and even if the others didn’t want any part of this quest Eryss and Cade could go on together.]
Eryss Waldu
Villain

Words: 240296
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 11:20 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet

Postby Cade on November 25th, 2011, 4:15 pm

“You got it boss”The birthian savage replied as he loosed his grip of the two deceased whores he been carrying, tossing their naked bodies to the side of the alley......like garbage. The mere sight of the ghastly women was enough to sober Cade and her warnings edged the barbarian’s battle senses. Cade unsheathed his longsword and kept his eyes peeled and concentrated upon the mist and their surroundings. Cade had never faced ghosts before and did not know if his blade would be of any use in slaying the damned spirits, these cravens. He was more in the business of slaughtering the fleshy beings of this world, a target that his steel can impact upon and give the half blood myrian savage the gratification and sensation of the kill.

A small form emerged from the mist just down the street from them. Cade squinted his eyes trying the shake the groggyness of his intoxication . Tho ‘slightly’ impaired the barbarian could tell it was a child of no more then 8 summers to her life. She was frail with dark locks of hair and wearing the garb of a poor person, a usual sight in sunberth. Problem was this girl was making ground towards them in haste that was either driven be fear or.............

The barbarian took two quick steps forwards lashing his blade out in a horizontal slash, decapitating the girl without hesitation or regret. Her head bounced passed the ruthless warrior as her small body crumpled to the ground. In the barbarian’s mind Eyrss was the only one he could trust and he wasn’t going to let the possessed or ‘possibly’ possessed get close enough to show their true nature.

“Time to move boss” Cade insisted, not caring if the other two will be joining. But it was clear that they could not stay here debating on what to do and Eryss had already formed a plan...... and as ordered Cade will lead the deadly mage to the graveyards with hopes that it will not be their final resting place.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Darian on November 25th, 2011, 5:05 pm

Their impromptu meeting interrupted by a ghostly figure, Darian turned to regard the woman with a blank stare, his fingers playing over the hilt of his longsword ever teasingly. He couldn't be sure what it was the woman wanted or even if his blade could cut her should she wish them harm. Her words said one thing but her actions could very well say another. The only thing that was clear was that they were all in danger standing out here blind and in the open for blades to find them readily but he stifled his growing anxiousness to let the woman's words ring clear. She desired help, and promised rich rewards but such where hollow promises from the dead. Still yet, it didn't seem like he had much of a choice by what her words suggested and in the very least he could learn a thing or two from the apparition. His eyebrow arched upward as the woman was quick to depart, and he turned to his current companion's in turn, his expression reflecting he was not much to happy with the way things were going. He was already bound by one man of flesh and blood, he didn't need a ghost telling him what to do too.

For all of his indignity of being order, still he nodded to Eryss when he beaconed him to come, and like just another shadow in the mist he crept after the leading pair, caring not if the flamboyant man behind them followed. His blade was quick to leap into his hand as he unsheathed it, and followed closely behind the well muscled barbarian though he kept close to the shadows as he possibly could. There was a whisper of footsteps and before he could even blink a body went tumbling by him, the shower of blood afterwards flecking his darkened clothing and bringing him to wince. At least he seemed to have his wits about him was a thought that rang true to Darian. He'd been afraid the man might be to impaired to deal with the threats in the mist but with the collection of them in fine fighting shape, it be more easy to make up for Darian's present impairment of being so riddled with bruises and piss.

Shadows flickered all around them sometimes from above, and sometimes across the ways into alleys they where bound for, tensing his muscles into that battle ready reflex that had kept him alive for so long. His hazel eyes stared hard from within the mist, trying to catch the slightest of forms that might start for them and constantly looking over his shoulder. He suspected the pair in lead had the front covered so upon entering the next rather tight alley he turned his back slowly towards them so he could better cover their trail just in case one of the beastly shades tried to get the drop on them and it was a good thing he did he saw as he saw a giant of a man hurtling towards them, his shoulder lowered to tackle him down under his grotesque weight. Blade drawn and held out easily to his side, he waited for the man to close the remaining feet between them before he stepped to the side at the last moment, and bring his blade over to his left side as he did it, he sent it cutting down to slice into the leg of the man, and sent him tumbling into a heap.

Leaving hardly a moment to catch his own breath, Darian darted forward his sword leading only to have the tip of his blade knocked to the side as the man flashed steel. Again his sword came across to ring against the man's broad dagger, and again till finally he had maneuvered enough to be near enough to the man to score a kick or two. Out he lunged drawing the man's attention and dagger arm high above his head, and down came his right foot as he stepped forward, the heel of his boot crunching solidly between the man's legs and causing him to drop the dagger as he reflexively doubled over. Bringing the blade back close to him, his slashed it across to part the man's hand from his body, before bringing his boot down again on the man's throat and watching blankly as the man tried to bring the heavy limb off his windpipe to bring some much needed air into his lungs. As much as he would have loved to see the man suffocate, there was no time to tarry he knew even as he heard more shuffling down other alleys not so far behind their own and thrusting the tip of his blade through the man's eye he silenced the man's twisting about and removed his foot only to stoop down and scoop up the dagger before standing straight and giving a look to his companions.

"Miserable wretch probably wasn't even possessed" Darian stated before starting off again, knowing full well that they all knew it wise to keep moving.

I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Rayage on January 4th, 2012, 7:54 am

The grey shreds of mist, the fingers of the ghosts wrapping themselves around his body. He could hear their whispers, their promises, their taunts. He smiled, unflinching, unmotivated by their false promises. Power was one thing he desired, but not to be free from his undead state. It was this state, the state of life of which he was living, that has granting him a prolonged life and the ability to be sufficiently immortal. He was immortal, and he wasn’t going to change that for just a brief glance at power. No, Alchemy was his true power, and his abilities in the art were only limited to his imagination and research he put into it. These ghosts, they have died, they have failed. They were lower than him, how could they give him any more power than he can just take himself? How can failures give him success?

Pathetic lies they weave, how amusing. They think they could possibly grant him the kind of power he wants? Picking up a hand as if to brush off the souls that were surrounding him he patted his cloak, ”I’m not about to let failures take my body.” he would turn slightly as if facing a person behind him but he was actually addressing he ghosts who were whispering to him, ”Your words mean nothing, and your power is such as well. You fools only perceive this” he turned around in a circle looking at the dense ‘fog’ all around him and the small group which had formed around them ”As power. You have no clue what true power is and are more naïve than any child. Raising a city isn’t a proclamation of power, but to your unyielding bloodlust.” he paused, ”Your power is that of simple fools who have no taste. Your very presence disgusts me along with your putrid words. It makes me sick that you think me your equal. Horrible beings, you will be sent to Dira soon.” That much he could promise. He now felt an odd obligation of sorts, one of which he rarely felt. He needed to stop these vile ghosts before they could complete their plans. Not for the pulsers, no, not for them, but for his own selfish reasons. The ghosts would rue the day that they thought Ray was their equal.

Then something most opportune happened, a white hammer came crashing through the mists obliterating the grey ghosts with their pitiful temptations. Well deserved, well deserved indeed. He was about to congratulate the slayer of the souls, but turning fully he saw yet another apperation. A frown was on plastered on his face, but she was begging for their help. Crossing his arms he smiled, of course he would help, but not for the pulsers. No, he had his own personal vendetta with the grey ones. Listening to her as she turned her attentions to him he wanted to yawn, but then there came the questioning of his abilities. Part of him wanted to walk out right now, just leave the mortals to their petty games, and see what will happen just to spite the ghost, but the temptation of knowledge, no matter from what source, was always a good way to bribe a nuit. Uncrossing his arms he would show her who she was dealing with. Now it was settled. He was going to help the Pulsers, but for his own reasons. He now had not only a grudge against the grey ghosts, but one against this petching upstart as well. She better have the contacts and then some if she didn’t want to end up having to deal with him.

Inside his ghost would stir from its slumber and a single name would be whispered, “Commander, she is a Leywellin." The ghost hadn't spoken since the mines, too drained to do much for him but now... now the name piqued his interest... a ghost of an old Leywellin baron. He smiled; perhaps she did have the connections to prove worthwhile for his assistance. That is if he could do much at all. He was an Alchemist, not a barbarian like these folk.

Nonetheless he could think of little ways he could help. He had his armored robes, and even a sword that he could use if things turned ugly. Standing back and watching the others the nuit laughed to himself as one of the barbarians drew their sword, ”You will have better luck summoning Fate, than going up against a ghost with normal blades” the nuit warned following closely behind. He knew a little about spiritsim, and even how to make soulmist. If they’d like he would even offer to make some for the group to be more effective against the ghosts. Besides helping them meant hurting the ghosts, and hurting the ghosts was… well it would be more than enjoyable. ”In fact, if you’d wait a moment.” the nuit looked around, ”I can make some soulmist for us. This will allow for your more barbaric weapons and attempts to actually hurt the ghosts.” he offered, but sneered at the same time.

If they would stop for but a moment the nuit would look around and find some cheese, crackers, and bread nearby hanging loose at a lonesome stall. Grinning, how lucky, he thought as he walked over there and grabbed the supplies for the ritual. This would be more important and better used by the nuit than whoever had left it there. Taking a seat he drew his blade, the Falchion, that he had obtained in his recent trip into the mines, setting it on his lap and placing the foods beside him he quickly stuffed pieces of this and that and the other into his mouth. Chewing slowly he brought one finger to the edge of his blade and cut it. Precious ichor showed itself as he quickly shoved the digit into his mouth like a child who just burned his finger, letting the ichor mix with the rest of it all.

The process was simple enough. One he felt he had enough in there he took his finger out and quickly bandaged it up to prevent loss of further ichor. Then he meditated, he thought of what he wanted, he knew what he desired, and he just needed the willpower to make it be. Soulmist, soulmist, soulmist, that is what he wanted to make. He needed to arm these fools against an otherwise untouchable opponent, the grey ghosts, the ones that taunted him. Oh how he desired their destruction. He concentrated on making the soulmist though, batting away stray thoughts of ‘vengeance’ in an effort to further that one goal.

When he felt it was done, when he felt it was right, when he felt the soulmist and could feel its power within his mouth he stuck his hand in and pulled out some soulmist. Examining the white substance he could almost laugh, but instead he smeared it on his blade, both sides, and then it was empowered to cut the very fog that was surrounding them. It would not only do that, but also now be able to harm ghosts.

After demonstrating what he could do on his own weapon he looked at the others and reached out a hand for any weapon that was presented to him so he could repeat the process on their blades as well. For he needed them to be able to harm the things more than he himself needed to harm the ghosts. He had plans on using them as his meat shields as he would put this puzzle together from the background.

After the weapons were taken care of the nuit would sheathe his and slowly follow behind the others, careful not to lose sight of them, but far enough away to retreat if they were overwhelmed, right behind the fellow who he had the pleasure of meeting before who seemed to be staying behind as well. The perfect distance, or from his perspective it was.

Seeing the dark haired guy take out that brute that was hurling towards them he clapped, it could not be told, however, if it was sarcastic or not as the nuit applauded the performance, ”Bravo.” he congratulated the man, ”That was quite nice.” he said observing the body before looking ahead to see where the other two were. If they were any farther ahead of them then he would begin walking, but if not he would stay and watch the blood drip from the body before shadowing the man (Darian) again.

Soulmist :
I know a novice level spiritist's soulmist isnt enough to harm a ghost and ghosts can be harmed when materializing or effecting the world around them, but Ray does not. He is just thinking he is being helpful and plotting their downfall with every trick that he knows :) However if you hit a ghost when they are materialized it will do some damage. Yay ^.^ Perhaps even the presence of the soulmist (because your characters dont know how skilled Ray is) could be a moral booster on its own? Food for thought.

OOC :
I was granted permission from Archy to use skills I learned in an ungraded thread we are doing here in the SQ because the events happened before Signs in the Mist. That is also where Rays newfound sword came from. Please forgive me for my excessive tardiness.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eryss Waldu on January 4th, 2012, 8:56 pm

[Lots of things happening here from Cade decapitating what could have been just a young girl, and Darian likewise slaying what appeared to be a large possessed man, to Rayage offering to use his soulmist to aid the group. Eryss himself would take his dagger in his right hand and hold it out so that the Nuit could cover it like he did the others seeing as how it never hut to have a little extra protection it could be useful to have a blade that would harm a spirit if his magic became depleted. Nodding his head then the Mage would take stock in the rest of what was happening around them all while scanning the surrounding area so that he could attempt to take in exactly where they all were. Ghosts were not to be trifled with and this thought kept ringing clear in Eryss mind.]

[Looking back at Cade and the others after he had taken in their surroundings Eryss would surmise...”We are in the slums. The Cemetery is outside of the city and the city is possessed with ghosts.”...it was mostly a theory about the Ghosts but it seemed plausible and then Eryss would go on by saying...”We should head south. It should let us exit the city expediently. Once we’re outside of the city the spirits should be less of an issue.”...that was the majority of his plan. No one made Eryss the defacto leader of this group but if no one had a better idea then they may as well follow his plan. Waiting for any objections Eryss would let his eyes drift in the direction of an alley leery of the mist and not wanting to deal with to many of the Craven that they had been warned about.]

[With time being of the essence the Mage wouldn’t wait long either and eventually he’d look at Cade saying...”You take the lead Cade. I will follow and support with magic if needed.”...then he’d look at the other two, Darian whom he had worked with once before and the Nuit who he had never met, before remarking...”You.”...he pointed towards the Nuit...”Will follow behind me. You.”...he motioned towards Darian...”Will take up the rear seeing as how you are capable with a blade.”...it just made sense to have two skilled swordsmen at either end of the group for protection purposes. Once the order of movement was established Eryss would point out the direction that he thought was south and the convoy could get underway if there was nothing else that needed to be said.]

[One other thought did come to Eryss mind though and he voiced it...”We should keep to the darkness to avoid being noticed. I am no thief but some cover of night is better than none.”...he was talking about using stealth to their advantage of course which may not work against the spirits themselves but might be able to fool the eyes of the possessed. Now that he had voiced his entire plan to the group he would wait for Cade to take the lead as discussed and then move behind him to support as required while Rayage followed and then Darian behind him watching all of their backs. Unless something drastic happened Eryss would try to veer Cade closer to the shadows of whatever alley they were heading down in their mission to head south out of the city, the cemetery would be easier to reach this way Eryss thought, the Barbarian would need to sober up quickly and the Mage would help him if needs be. Maybe with a bit of an electrical shock to help him come to his senses.]

[At least the group would have a plan doing things this way. The Others may have wanted to go through Sunberth and then south to the cemetery but Eryss did not; he wasn’t afraid of Ghosts but he knew better than to deal with dead that had no bodies as he’d heard a great many stories. Gripping his Dagger tightly the Mage would be white knuckled soon, ready to summon res and cast it at an enemy at a moment’s notice, his calculated mind still existing but after hearing the warning of the female spirit he was weary of the city itself it seemed.]
Eryss Waldu
Villain

Character sheet

Postby Cade on January 12th, 2012, 3:19 am

The dark mage was correct, heading south was the path of less resistance for they traveled through the streets and the back alleys encountering none of the possessed the ghastly figure had warned them about. Though, there was plenty of evidence of their handy work as the mist carried the echoes of a whole city under siege and in terror, but the echoes seemed too distant from their current location. The barbarian, grabbing with his now enchanted longsword, was leading the unlikely band of 'heroes' through what was suppose to be the last alley that would lead them out to the edges of the lawless city where they could skirt around to the cemetery in hopes of avoiding the possessed mobs that were wrangling within the city.

The blanket of fog made Cade's job that much hardier for he was relying on his other senses more then his sight as he marched through it, listening for any threats. The warrior instantly stopped at the sound of movement ahead, raising his own hand up in a fist, signalling the others to halt.

It was too late..........

Through the mist Cade could hear the rushed sounds of charging feet pattering the ground ahead of them rushing their in their direction.

"FLESHLINGS!"

"FLESHLINGS!"

"FLESHLINGS!"

"FLESHLINGS!"

"FLESHLINGS!"

" KILL"

The crackling voices of the possessed taunted the group as they charged forth. They could turn back and retreat but this mob would be on their coat tails through out the city and knowing that was True the barbarian braced himself for combat, leafing his body with his sword raised to the fools guard, blade at mid level pointing in the direction where he believed the mob was coming from.

" COME TO MY BLADE" The half blood myrian growled savagely in anticipation to the incoming onslaught.

The possessed broke the fog and could be seen in numbers of seven; four men, two women and one child- all with glowing red eyes and lusting for the kill. They came at them hard and fast as the barbarian only had time to thrust his blade through the first woman\s chest, ripping through her flesh between the breasts, before a possessed man tackled Cade to the ground. The savage was now tussling on the ground with a creature of the damned while the rest of the mob charged the other members of the group.
Cade
The Crimson Hand

Words: 179276
Joined roleplay: June 9th, 2011, 7:33 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Donor (1)

Postby Rayage on January 18th, 2012, 12:21 am

The nuit would listen to the others as they talked amongst themselves. His attention mostly on Eryss, but he simply knew him as ‘boss’ or that was his title given to him by the man that ‘boss’ addressed as Cade. Cade being the barbarian, or the most barbarian like person of the group, but he took careful not to realize the men had horrible physical powers. He would try his best to stay out of their way, but he would also not submit himself to just observing. He would figure this out along with what was happening in this town. He owed that much to the ghosts.

So, they were in the slums, and they needed to get to the graveyard. From the sounds of things this was going to be an interesting trip. Then as soon as the plan was going to be in action ‘boss’ started giving out orders again. This time, who was traveling where in the party. His reasoning made sense so the nuit did not object ”You will support with your magic.” he repeated with boss said, making a mental note that the man was a mage. This was quite the revelation. His interest now piqued as to what kind of magic the man preformed. Answers would come in time though.

He would follow in formation, being careful to stick to shadows and to be as quiet as possible. The fog of course made their travel slow and impeded, but they were making progress. Through the fog though was heard the far way screams of other ghosts, the foul ghouls that plagued the land. It wasn’t too far on their way when they met ghouls of their own. The fiends crying for the ‘fleshlings’. Ray couldn’t help but to smile, he wasn’t one of those ‘fleshlings’, but nonetheless prepared himself for combat. He didn’t know much about the sword which he had, but he could at least attack anything that got too close. That was for sure.

Now drawing his sword he waited for the others to make their moves, he would observe, make notes, calculate. Perhaps this was a time for the other mage to show off what he could do. Oh the anticipation was building.
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Eryss Waldu on January 18th, 2012, 8:49 pm

[Ghouls! It didn’t take the group long to encounter them and as the calls of Fleshlings was heard Eryss had went on high alert and moved backwards. The Mages footsteps came in concordance with a surge of djed that he summoned throughout his body as he called on the magical energies flowing through him just as the bodies of the possessed began to emerge from the mist of the alleyway. Knowing the urgency of the situation of that the group wanted to exit Sunberth as quickly as possible for what was hopefully an easier route outside of the city Eryss would not hesitate to act quickly.]

[When Cade killed the first of the possessed, his sword hacking into her body, the Mage had already begun to exhale a thin cloud of gaseous res that he was beginning to surround himself with. By the time the Barbarian had been tackled onto the ground, which was only seconds later, Eryss had begun to emit more of the gaseous res which flowed out of him as thin tendrils twisting amongst one another and extending away from the Mage further down the alley. With his res extending beyond him Eryss would reach into the confines of the robes that he wore and withdraw his Dagger, probably not enough to stop any of the possessed that made it to him but enough to slow them down, which he’d hold in his right hand as the Ghouls cried out for more blood.]

[Eryss had been backing away, hoping to put room between himself and the Ghouls even as they rushed ahead, maybe Darian would interpose himself between the Ghouls and both Rayage and himself. It didn’t matter though. Within moments Eryss began to transmute his djed; punctuating the spell he had complete with an unintelligible scream that pierced the alleyway. Merging both air and electricity Eryss would create a funnel that washed down the alley away from the group with enough force to hurl the Ghouls back off their feet with adding the electrical charge to shock their systems and leave them incapacitated for at least a brief time. All the Ghouls should have been effected expect for the one straddling Cade, as well as Cade himself, though it may have received a slight shock that aided the barbarian in gaining the upper hand.]

[The Funnel of electrically charged air Eryss had made died down after seconds. Not being built to last as the wash of powerful wind descended down the alley like a tidal wave hitting the surf. When it was over Eryss would shout...”Now! While they are weak. Kill them quickly!”...the voice of the Mage booming loudly for once as he advanced now with dagger at the ready. Before Eryss moved to far ahead he would approach Cade and with foot extending sharply deliver a boot to the torso of the Ghoul the Barbarian had been struggling with so that he could help him back to his feet but then the Mage was moving on.]

[Being less physically inclined than the others Eryss would rush the possessed child while it was picking itself up and thrust with his dagger. Driving the blade into the chest of the child. The Mage had no style with the blade but he made up for it with a ferocious attack that saw the dagger plunging into the Ghoulish Child over and over again remorselessly. It was do or die after all and Eryss intended to live. The Dagger was well coated in blood by the time the Mage had finished with the child, strands of thick vitae clinging to the steel, and Eryss finally raised his head to look around. Surveying the alleyway to ensure that his allies were doing equally well and dispatching their foes in short order as it would not do to prolong this battle in any way.]

[Looking back towards Cade so that he could ensure the Barbarian still lived too Eryss would go on by stating...”We need to move before others arrive.”...he’d wait for Cade to hear him and take point again while the others fell back into line and then they should have all been on the move again. These alleys should soon lead to an exit outside of Sunberth and it seems that stealth was no longer an issue as the Ghouls had fallen upon them regardless of their efforts but it was worth a try in the beginning. Now that it was of no matter any longer Eryss would prompt Cade again though with...”Cut through anything ahead of you. We’re almost out of the city.”...and as far as Eryss knew they were. Maybe the mist wasn’t as potent away from the city but who could really say.]
Eryss Waldu
Villain

Character sheet

Postby Darian on January 22nd, 2012, 6:46 am

Playing the role of rearguard as he was, he didn't see the possessed emerge from the mist, but he heard them well enough, and the moment he was confident none where coming at them from behind, he spun and rushed forwards to greet their attackers. He charged a woman rushing at Eryss from the side, and thrust his blade forward hoping to impale the woman when a thunderous roar echoed through the alley, half dazing himself and sent the woman sprawling to the ground. Darian plunged forward off balance, catching himself only a few paces from the girl struggling to right herself. Spacing his feet evenly apart, he used the momentum of his sword to add to his strike as he cleaved downwards, striking the woman on the crown of her head, his blade cleaving her head in half stopping halfway deep into the neck, and in the aftermath blood spurted forwards to wash warmly over him.

Instinct told him to let go off the blade and so he did, quickly grasping for his dagger with a skull crudely strapped to it, and just in time it see a man already on his feet, and on the brink of shaking himself of the debilitating daze Eryss had sent through the alley. Slashing viciously he caught the man across the face, splitting open his cheek and with the creature blinded he threw himself forward, snatching the man up by his neck with his free hand, and bringing his right knee crashing upwards to crunch into the man's lower ribs. With in human resiliency the man instantly rose up and pushed him hard, throwing Darian a few feet across the ground to slam on his back, and in his shock his dagger bounced from his grasp. Grasping for his other dagger, his hand found the hilt too late as the possessed man had already leapt on top of him and he only barely managed to get his head out of the way before the man's fist crashed into the cobblestones with a loud thump. With his left hand pinned between him and the man he struggled to push the man apart from him while his other hand rested his blade from it's hilt, ripping it free just as the man slugged him across the face.

The man's fingers where around his throat then, struggling to take the life from his blood, and grabbing the man's thick wrists, he tried to force the man's fingers apart with every ounce of strength he had while landing blow after blow with his knees against the man's stomach. Hot, stickiness spread across his lap even as he felt the life fleeing from his body, and abruptly the man's hold grew tenuous, and with everything he had left he forced the man from him just enough that he could plant his booted foot against the goul's chest, and then kicked the man off of him hard.

For a few moments he struggled for breath, but still he fought to right himself, looking around at his attacker to find that the man only barely moving, his thigh soaked in blood where Darian's dagger must have cut him when he dragged it from it's sheath. Alternating between coughing and gulping in lungfuls of air, Darian took a moment to look around just in time to see his companions finish off the rest of the possessed. He gathered his weapons quickly and quietly, though his thoughts leaned towards thoughts on extracting himself from this mess, but no ideas came to mind. Even still, he had a score to settle and something to learn, and both could be accomplished by staying with this group, for however good or ill it might turn out. Taking up the rear guard once more, he fell into his training again, and held his sword at the ready, preparing for any more monstrosities that might rear their ugly heads through the mists.

I have retired Darian, and I apologize for any inconveniences this has caused with anyone threading with this character. Feel free to NPC him in any threads that he is involved in if that is of course ok with the moderator. Again, I am sorry for any inconveniences.
Darian
Player

Words: 270515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2011, 2:12 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Next