OOC Info The Common Room

For Zeltiva Discussion, New Player Introductions, and Important OOC Announcements.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Common Room

Postby Eldritch on September 16th, 2013, 11:37 pm

Okay, so I suppose its important for me to address the Coup as well as my plans going forward. Verilian has graciously allowed me to handle things IC here so I hope I can clear a few things up.

Now, the Calendar gives an outline of when events take place during the season and what dates are important to know but I didn't elaborate exactly on how to participate in the Coup. As one might imagine, the city will be rather chaotic for the duration of the Coup's events, brief skirmishes might erupt in the streets and most folks who want to avoid troubles will be hiding behind closed doors. The two main parties to keep in mind are the Denvali and the Zeltivan Loyalists, as both are grappling for control during time. Considering that it takes place over the course of twenty five days it would be insane to expect no one try and RP these events.

If you are just doing something small related to the Coup, like say barricading your house, treating wounded individuals of either faction, gathering information, ect. then feel free to self mod. Just tag it as [Coup d'état] and your good to go. If it is something bigger, like fighting alongside a few Wave Guards against Denvali nationalists, or something that will change the balance of power drastically in the coming days then it will require moderation. As with all things, feel free to PM me if you are unsure about this or that and I will be more than happy to help you out.

For modded threads you should be aware that at the moment they will likely be placed on a waiting list as I already have a few. As for the possibility of a quest related to this, that is definitely in the planning process.

So... yeah. I'm sure I wanted to say other things but I'm drawing a blank at the moment so I'll just end this here.
Eldritch
Do you feel your sanity begin to fray?

Words: 237808
Joined roleplay: July 4th, 2013, 3:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook

The Common Room

Postby Khazius Raine on September 18th, 2013, 2:25 am

If it's any help, I'd be willing to peer mod a thread or two.
Khazius Raine
Player

Words: 22250
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2013, 4:58 am
Race: Human

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on September 25th, 2013, 12:36 am

Okay guys and girls,

I couldn't help but feel like poking into others threads to see how everyone else is handling the Coup and I've noticed something. Well a couple of things actually.

First off some people have forgotten to put a timestamp on their thread, which would be really adviseable to do so others (especially mods) know when event of that thread occurs. :) Instead of babbling on about Timestamping I'll just provide a link here to help with that.

Now my main little nitpick I couldn't help but bring to light is that the Coup is going on, so you have to consider the probability of fighting and chaos in certain parts of the city. Not making a fuss about it I promise, but I'm seeing some people write as though it were another day in Zeltiva.

Bleh. I'm not gonna prattle on, just end my post here saying that it helps to read up on this stuff. Its hardly exciting reading threads in an event that show nothing seems to be going on, anyways my ramble ends here. May we all find freedom from the Denvali!
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Khazius Raine on September 27th, 2013, 4:01 am

It might be people need a little more literature regarding the coup. I mean, at a glance, all we have is the coup thread which talks about martial law in Summer, and then of course the calendar for Fall. I know there's a link in there to the Sentinel page, but perhaps some of the more casual players, (e.g. me), could do with a summary of what exactly the coup entails.

Of course if there is one and I've missed it, feel free to give me a smack.
Khazius Raine
Player

Words: 22250
Joined roleplay: August 10th, 2013, 4:58 am
Race: Human

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on September 30th, 2013, 11:41 pm

A Coup is a sudden, violent, and illegal seizure of power from a government, in which the Denvali have decided to do this season. It was originally planned to start near the end of summer, but had to be postponed for Fall for several beneficial reasons.

Everyone who isn't directly involved with the Coup, meaning fighting with the Zeltivan's for freedom, should be wary that fights are possible to break out in the city. This means we should all be skeptical or paranoid of violence in our threads or at least worried in some small manner that the Denvali is around. As for what the Denvali Sentinel is I'll need a bit of time to poke around the lore for more details on them.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Common Room

Postby Eldritch on September 30th, 2013, 11:45 pm

I can answer that. The Sentinel are essentially a Denvali ultranationalist faction, terrorists if you will. They don't attack in force, they attack through terror attacks and quick strikes. The Coup forces more of the Denvali to chose side, drawing a line in the sand as it were.
Eldritch

Office
Scrapbook

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on October 5th, 2013, 9:33 pm

Hey guys,

first thank you Eldritch for the details on the Sentinel, I didn't want to simply label them as terrorists or such other things without proper info to back it up. :) You beat me to the punch of course.

Now my point for this post comes. I've been rather busy in RL with moving into a friends place and getting other things done, which is a rather new lifestyle I'm adjusting too as well. So things should pick up again in a day or two and I'll have posts handed out proper to those that are waiting. I'll be working on replies while I can but the bulk of them will all be attended to once everything settles.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Common Room

Postby Eldritch on October 21st, 2013, 3:36 am

Ahhh... well this is awkward. My activity has been rather abysmal as of late and for that I'd like to apologize to the good folks of Zeltiva, who have been more than patient with me. I'll be getting back into the swing of grading tomorrow and also attempting to get more done developmental wise. Sorry for leaving you guys for so long, not to worry though I'm not dead yet. ;)
Eldritch

Office
Scrapbook

The Common Room

Postby Razkar on October 27th, 2013, 5:02 pm

Kinda like this... only Brad Pitt's brown, even more inked and pierced with bone shards... oh, and sans electric lighting

Hey, guys! I'm not going to be in town too long but aside from a few monster threads with Edri, Raz isn't doing much and since he's a Myrian, I figured I'd have him be lurking around East Street, getting into underground fights between the 41st and 51st, most likely. So, if you want to come down, watch me, talk to me, spar with me, whatever, I'll be around!
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Sinoa on October 29th, 2013, 4:00 am

Sinoa

Hey, I just arrived here and looking to thread with people. If anyone is interested just pm me.
Sinoa
Pint Sized Musician

Words: 62630
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 3:35 am
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

PreviousNext