[Dust Bed] Licking Your Wounds.

It's not a matter of if, it's a matter of when.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A lawless town of anarchists, built on the ruins of an ancient mining city. [Lore]

Moderator: Morose

Postby Sahashkalila on April 16th, 2012, 4:04 pm

Kalila had spent the day at her home, doing the everyday tasks that was required of her to keep her living space as hospitable as it could be considered. She had also spent a little time replenishing her healer kit, making a few new salves for burns and scrapes, and one that would produce a slight warming sensation when applied to the skin for aches and bruises. She was quite proud of that one and was busily recording it in her notes at the moment along with keeping a record of what she had done when she heard a slight disturbance at her door.

SHe looked up curiously as she heard a scuffling of feet outside before a young woman burst into her home, huffing and rambling nonsense in her panic. Kalila got up from her chair and hurried over to the woman, catching phrases about injuries and Roka and her eyes widened in surprise as she out the broken phrases together. Roka was injured and someone was needed to take care of him. Her heartbeat raced and for a moment she panicked before she firmly stomped on her emotions, forcing herself to remain clam for the young woman's sake. "Ssshhh, calm down. Everything iss going to be fine. We will get to Roka and take care of him, for that iss the problem yess?" she said as she soothed the woman before turning to get her supplies together. She grabbed her backpack off of the table and put her healing kit and a few rags inside along with the new salves she had made and her waterskin, not knowing the extent of the injuries. She hoped that it wasn't anything to serious. She then went and slipped on her boots and slung the pack across her back, not bothering with her headwrap as she hurried back to the woman in her home. "Letss hurry to him, if you will sshow me the way."

oocI just assumed that Lusa will lead her back if that is alright with everyone :)
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Wrenmae on April 17th, 2012, 2:35 pm

The healer made her arrival in a clatter of feet and emotions. Shroud watched her from the corner of his eye, more interested in the family drama between Robert and Musca. As she reached the group, Wrenmae held out a finger to Musca, indicating she should wait.

Letting Roka lean on Cham, panting on the dust, he stood between the healer and the injured, looking her up and down with undisguised scrutiny. She didn't look like a mercenary...none of them did. Lusa and her wide innocent eyes, Cham and her delicate body, Roka with his injury was perhaps the most legitimate besides Wrenmae...but Kalila, hissing Kalila, she walked as though the dust could not touch her feet. Her clothes were unmarred and although her face was creased with worry, it did not, to him, appear grounded in the horror of injury...of mortality.

"Hail, healer, good afternoon," He greeted her, extending a hand, "We haven't had the opportunity to speak at length. I'm Wrenmae, and our mutual comrade here has had a mishap with some gentlemen in the city." She wanted to move around him, attend to Roka, and he let her move past him...at least for a moment. As she passed him, a hand lanced out and caught her shoulder, pressing down hard against the bone and skin. Wrenmae leaned in close, a whisper just tickling the inside of her ear, before letting her free again.

"Ssssssee that you sssssse me after your treatment," he hissed, overpronouncing his s's purposefully, almost accusing in tone, "We have wordsss to ssssspeak, I think."

Letting her go, he walked past Roka to the two Zith, putting a hand on Shadowfang's shoulder and then stepping in front of him, between Musca and he. "Let's not be hasty now," he mediated, all smiles now. "Robert, here, is making a valiant attempt at civilization...so while your concern and family...reunion, is...touching, I feel as though I should be a little more clear on the situation." He put a hand suggestively against his long blade, running a hand through his dusty hair. "You haven't signed an oath yet, you aren't Crimson Edge. Only we hold the right to use your...touching family violence against our own. Now? Now all you've managed to do is insult our homes and attack one of our members, fantastic resume...but lacking in sincerity."

He jerked a thumb back at Shang and the rest, "This is part of the Crimson Edge, we're small but growing. We will take what we want from a city that buys and trades in blood, force, and secrets. If you can handle that, Ziiith," and he almost spit the word, "Then we can take your signature and invite you to the family. But if you're more content hiding in trees and hunting...whatever, I'll give you the one chance to walk out of here unharmed."

He held up a finger, shaking it slightly, "Just the one. I mean, after all..." He glanced back at Shang, "You're a valuable reminder to Robert what he's left behind."

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Roka on April 17th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Roka had accommodated himself in the dirt. His lean limbs sprawled before him in the dust, his elbows rested upon the slight bend of his knees. His head hung so that his tilted vision was obscured behind stay raven strings curving to the planes of his cheeks. He felt a shiver run through him, with the evening breeze petting his pale exposed shoulders.

Chamaeleon sat beside him. She was a necessary manifestation that permitted him to unruffle his anxious lung fills into discreet rhythmic beats. He propped against her in the least obvious way, still full a beastly pride. His attitude was prodded at and made him cross.

Lusa arrived only a brief time later with a sweetened honey scent. It was a complimentary fragrance to the wafts emanating from the golden locks comforting him now. His chin lifted as his attentions landed upon Sahashkalila, the soft-spoken healer who he now unexpectedly shared a home with.

He watched as Wrenmae spoke with Kalila, his sensitive hearing gathered only the accented lisp in the man's whisper, and the slivered view of a hand pressing into her shoulder. Roka's eyes narrowed with instant defensiveness and interest. He let his tongue slid between his teeth and clamp roughly onto the sensitive pink organ to detour unencumbered words in his foul mood. It was not as if he could put a worthy match, which he would not regret anyhow.

A sour expression still marked him as Kalila approached and he turned his eyes back to the dirt. A heavy puff of air steamed from his nostrils, the tensing of his arms had pulled uncomfortably at this sore body.

“They did not have to drag you out so late, Kalila. It was nothing to worry about.” His tone softened but the underlying discomfort and the anger from an unspoken protectiveness still bubbled forward. He could not bring himself to look at her golden eyes with the slivered pupils of his harshened mood.
Roka
Scavenger

Words: 86540
Joined roleplay: March 1st, 2012, 9:25 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Scrapbook

Postby Shadowfang on April 22nd, 2012, 8:45 pm

Shadowfang's focused glare at Wrenmae was interrupted when he felt arms close around his torso and squeeze, a body rubbing against his back. Musca's voice was cheery enough at first and she even called him the pet name that she had created for him years ago. But it was obviously patronizing, putting him on edge. Her transition into Zithanese coupled with dropping her voice low made his entire body tense. He grabbed her forearms and tried to pry her off of him. Of course he remembered the other pups, how could anyone ever forget something so brutal. Something that even he cringed at the memory of. She suddenly appeared in front of him, bringing her face close to his and caressing his jaw, whispering to him, making his heart pound rapidly in his chest. He responded to her threats in kind. "Good to see you again too, sissa." he said in their language, using the name that he had made up for her.

When Wrenmae came between them, he could not help but feel relieved and, as much as he hated him, grateful. He could never tell the difference between Musca's empty threats and her violent promises. Then, Wrenmae spoke. Shadowfang threw him a venom-filled glare at the mention of the name "Robert." If looks could kill, Wrenmae would be dead five times over. Shadowfang hated, absolutely hated that stupid name the man called him. He was almost certain that Wrenmae called him that for the sole purpose of pissing him off, and if he was, it was working. He was this close to ripping the storyteller's throat out. The only thing that stopped him from doing so was the fact that he was Shadowfang's superior.

Even as his muscles tensed once more as Wrenmae threatened Musca, he had to admit that the man's every word was true.

He'd make sure to "catch up" with Musca later. At the moment, the arrival of the Crimson Edge's closest thin they had to a doctor had caught his attention. Could she heal my arm? He rubbed the bandages around his left forearm at the thought, feeling the tingling sensation shoot up and down the scarred extremity. He sorely wanted to confront her about such a task, but it would probably be best to wait until she had finished tending to Roka. He glanced at Musca, then to Sahashkalila, and back again, wondering if neglecting the other Zith a second time was a good idea.

Probably not.
Shadowfang
I Am What I Am

Words: 112301
Joined roleplay: March 4th, 2012, 7:58 pm
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Sahashkalila on April 24th, 2012, 7:15 pm

Kalila took in the severity of the situation upon her arrival to the scene, several of the faces familiar if she had not personally met all of them. She gave a distracted smile to the young man who greeted her, extending her hand to him quickly before she tried to move around him to attend to Roka. Pleasantries could be exchanged later. Unfortunately she was stopped by a bony hand on her shoulder, gripping her painfully tight. She turned her attention back to the young man, her eyes narrowed in displeasure as he held on to her.

"Ssssssee that you sssssse me after your treatment, we have wordsss to ssssspeak, I think."

For a brief moment, she allowed panic to seep into her expression before she calmed herself, anger over riding her panic. This...boy, had just threatened her with her own secret, and her eyes narrowed in anger, her lips pressed into a thin line. "I look forward to it,"she hissed at him, shrugging his hand off of her shoulder and turning her attention back to Roka, who did not look exceptionally pleased to see her. His words seemed to reflect his mood, even though they were not harsh.

She nodded to Chamaeleon before she knelt down in front of Roka, wincing at the sight of his injuries. His face was bloodied and bruised, his lips split along with a cut on his cheek. His torso didn't seem to fair much better, she could see a cut along his collar bone along with some colorful bruises that were developing. She slid her bag off of her shoulder and reached out a hand to gently lift his face up to hers, her brows creased in worry. "Roka....you are hurt, and I will come at any time to help people that I care about,"she said softly, knowing that his pride had been hurt just as much as his body. She then began to pull out her supplies from her bag, wetting a small cloth with some of the water from her water skin to gently clean his face. "Thiss will ssting a bit,"she said before she placed the cool rag against his cheek, cleaning the dirt and blood that was there.

She did not know what happened to him, but it made her angry that people felt the need to hurt him like this, her lips setting into a thin line. She set the rag aside and then began to remove what remained of his shirt, gasping as the bruises were revealed underneath. She did not say anything though, instead nibbling on her bottom lip before picking up her rag again and gently cleaning the thin cut on his collar and shoulder. Once she was done she pulled out the salve that she had made earlier that day and the roll of bandages, opening the bottle and smearing some on her hand. It wasn't particularly pleasant, but it smelled of mint and would help his body relax from the bruises that he had received. She then began to rub it into his skin, mindful of his winces when she hit some particularly sensitive spots. After a few minutes of this, she then dabbed some onto his face in hopes that the warming salve would help there as well and make him more comfortable. She then wiped her hands with the rage and began to bandage him up so the salve would not wash off or get wiped away, making sure that she got the cut on his shoulder as well.

She did not know how long that they had been sitting there, but she sat back with a sigh, admiring her handiwork and nodding. "You are lucky that you did not need sstitchess, Roka,"she said with a small frown, packing up her things before checking him one last time. "But thiss ssalve sshould help you feel better and easse your musscles, and I'm going to inssisst that you resst."
Sahashkalila
I will forge my own path and begin anew.

Words: 129141
Joined roleplay: March 9th, 2012, 11:30 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Chamaeleon on April 24th, 2012, 9:16 pm

Chamaeleon watched them, Roka and Kalila, closely. The possessiveness in her rising as she saw with her own eyes how tenderly the woman tended to the male. She didn't quite glare at Kalila for it, but the sky blue of her eyes hardened to slate.

Slowly, she released Roka, and stepped aside, evacuating herself from their immediate presence lest she inturrupt them. She kept a wide berth from Musca, still wary about the intentions of the human bat, and gave Lusa a small smile. The Ethaefal only halted her retreat once she was far out of arm reach and could see the affection between Roka and Kalila from the distance as their current company. It didn't make the jealousy go away, but at least she wasn't close enough to push the foreigner away and deny the help Roka absolutely needed. She could watch and learn as well, paying special attention to the care with which Kalila wiped away the smeared, dried blood. It was a pain, but she managed to convince herself they were just friends and that this wasn't so bad even if they weren't. Chamaeleon even managed a smile at Roka and his attendant, forcing her face into pleasant lines. She didn't want to alarm him, to worry him, or to make him dislike her. The force of her feelings were hurtful to her as well, and she could not address them here to figure out why she felt this way.

Crossing her glittering arms and shivering at the invading breeze that decided to lick her skin, she closed a hawklike gaze on Kalila and how she tended to their friend. Musca was observed too, from the extreme peripheral of the Ethaefal's blue eyes.

The secret was pretending nothing was wrong.
Spider, spider.
Chamaeleon
My kiss is poison.

Words: 90951
Joined roleplay: March 2nd, 2012, 10:11 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Archelon on September 28th, 2012, 7:48 am

Thread Award

"..."

And the Results!!!!:

Musca :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Observation1
Tracking1

Lores:

Wrenmae :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Observation2
Intelligence1
Rhetoric1
Auristics1

Lores:

Chaemeleon :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Observation1
Morphing1
Interogation1
Medicine2

Lores:

Shadowfang :
SkillName 1-5 How/why?
Observation1

Lores:
Sleeping in a tree

Would you like some extra turtle sauce ? :
Interesting thread :) Got what you guys used. Any questions,comments,or concerns please feel free to send me a nice pm.
Thank you all for the privildege of moderating, unfortunately with deaths in the family and ailing health I am retiring. All thread grades I had on my pc have been forwarded to founders and paragon, so expect them posted soon.
It's been a mixed bag at times , but with all the good and the bad and mixed signals, I can honestly say: Thank you. Please support the next mods of sunberth as well as you have done me.
[/color]
Sunberth Forum | Sunberth Lore |Storyteller Guide and Requests |Ole Archie's Office|
Archelon
DS-Sunberth;

Words: 377245
Joined roleplay: August 22nd, 2011, 7:05 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Previous