Fear the Reaper (Rayage, Miro, Evalin, Wrenmae)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Balderdash on November 1st, 2012, 3:38 am

Evidently, Jonathan had high-tailed it, as the man's complaint went ignored from the outside. Fortunately for him, Miro and Wrenmae didn't seem to feel very much like continuing the facade. Whatever he was feeling at the sight of Miro's casual use of Reimancy, and Wrenmae's declaration as a bodyguard went unexpressed, save for a slight twitch of his eyebrow at the sight of the boy's Res-covered hand, and a brief, almost imperceptible spasm when Wrenmae mentioned Rayage's "kind."

The stranger nodded courteously to both of them, "A pleasure, Miro. Wrename." he said impersonally, "I am Isaac. I am a divine envoy, come to bring my Queen's gift to the good professor." After a few ticks of silence, Isaac locked eyes with Wrenmae and said, "We would greatly appreciate your assistance in retrieving him. Your efforts will be well compensated."

It was only noticeable if one chose to pay attention to it, but the sound of the pounding rain, and, indeed, everything outside the tent seemed to be muted slightly in Isaac's presence. Furthermore, there weren't any signs of a bed, food, or anything else of the sort outside or inside his temporary lodging. With a slight tilt of his head, the Envoy asked, "What say you?"

On Rayage and Evalin's end, the storm was starting to pick up. The drops were falling almost horizontally at this point, and the faint rumble of thunder occasionally sounded above them, along with a faint flicker of white deep within the ashen clouds. And through the torrent, came one very beleaguered, very tired sentry, desperately trying to find his way back to his post while avoiding being blown off course.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Wrenmae on November 1st, 2012, 4:46 am

With a sigh, Wrenmae crossed his arms. He took only a few moments to shake some water from his sleeves, drops of rain cascading onto the dry floor and beading there, defiantly. It took a few more moments for Wrenmae to notice the stark emptieness of this tent. No bed, no food, and no water. Perhaps the strangest was the lack of moisture. Outside they had come from a deluge and here it was as if it had no rained at all. The ground did not squelch with the same conviction, even the soil seemed almost arid by comparison.

Divine Envoy.

One hand trailed unconsciously to the hilt of his blade, although his smile remained genuine.

What'd I miss?

Nothing. Someone here to see Rayage.

Oh? Must be frustrating...you know, all the not seeing Rayage.

Yes, he asked us to fetch him.

And here you stand.

Rayage will not be interested.

Are you sure? I heard gift. You fleshbags LOVE stuff you don't pay for.

He will not.

Again, are you so sure?

I trust my instinct.

Huh. I usually trust my intellect. I'd think you would to.

"I apologize," Wrenmae said with a slight frown, "Professor Rayage is not in the habit of pursuing the divine. His interests lie in the far more earthly coil. However, if you tell me whom you represent, I'll certainly deliver your message."

He smiled, trying to be comforting.

But a chill had settled on him.

A chill that shook the very fabric of his being.

There was power here...power in the mere absence of water.

He could only hope Miro would understand to tread carefully.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Miro on November 1st, 2012, 1:10 pm

Finally things had progressed, and Wrenmae's mind was keen, proving that their team was in fact well synchronized. Without say, it seemed their actions lined up seamlessly, and while Miro had begun with a petty masquerade, his partner lined up well to follow. And now that the ever so wise Wrenmae had taken the lead, it was time for his partner to follow and support him as well. His every word came at an end of doubt and hesitation. The role of guard was well played here. No doubt about it, Mr. Isaac had something in sleeve. If there was a way to predict what this was, there stood a chance to disarm it.

"Oh Wrenmae, I know how it is. Truly, truly, I do. You are so loyal, so hard working. As long as we have had you around, not one scratch has befallen our loving father. I do say our, as I have heard him speak many times on how cherished you are. I do not see you as a guard, but as a dutiful son, my brother, always seeking what is best." Miro turned to face Wrenmae. As his eyes met the man's, he placed a firm hand on his shoulder. An unnatural serious look warped young Miro's face, a signal of understanding.

The young wizard turned back to Isaac, changing his expression to that of uncertainty. "All that this man says is true. But, perhaps it is something compelling about you that leads me in a different direction. You say that your, your queen was it? Your divine queen has taken an interest in our humble professor. Gifts, compensation, all of these wonderful things you claim, it is all, well, truly it sounds too good to be true." A faint smirk grew on the boy's face as he lead into this next part. "Wrenmae is already so well compensated. Perhaps I may ask a tiny favor? If you and your queen are as generous as you claim, then of course you would grace professor Rayage's son with a gift. Some of this compensation I hear so much about."

Though there was more to say, Miro knew that his follow up could send sparks, igniting some reaction that hopefully his partner could judge. Carefully the young squire approached the low table, falling down to his knees and supporting his weight using his elbows. He carefully propped his head on his hands, a playful expression stealing his countenance. "Or perhaps such a reward is reserved for turning the old man in? Let me make you a deal then. You gift me, I gift you. An eye for an eye perhaps?"

Miro followed the twisted sounding suggestion with a slight chuckle and an eyebrow being raised far too high to ever look natural. Isaac until now had held the market on creepy and weird. A bit of competition in this department felt necessary. It would be up to Wrenmae to decipher anything uncovered now, for the time of Rayage's arrival was swiftly coming. If only there was some hint at the motives behind everything. Blind faith was not something so easy to accept, but sacrifices were to be made to preserve the well being of those cherished. Yes, even asking for a gift was a sacrifice, however necessary it may be.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rayage on November 1st, 2012, 5:34 pm

The nuit continued his work as he half-listened to Evalin, mostly focusing on the shield. It wasn’t coming out quite right. No, it wasn’t quite smooth. There were inconsistencies in how the shield was formed, be that folly of his hands, which tried to mold the thing like clay, or of inexperience that nuit would not stand for it. Chimes passed as he silently worked over the layers of shield which he deemed unfit and un-uniform. His hands gliding over the djed, giving it shape, giving it form, while his mind gave it purpose. Though no matter how hard he tried, even with the aid of the glyphs, he had to settle. Frustration gaining on him he soon abandoned the project, his useless pursuit, as it was evident now that the shields less than stellar form was not because of a folly of himself. No, it was something deeper than that, an utter lack of experience and practice. That is what it was.

Though the fact bugged him that he couldn’t be perfect all the time, he had decided to leave that be. It wasn’t worth any time if the shield wasn’t going to get any better. ”To spend time in my company?’ he laughed, ”You sound like a lost child.” he commented in response to the sarcasm which he had heard. Moving down the line he continued his practice. Ray hated to say it, but he could already feel the wear of creating a shield upon his very being. He still had three other sides to go! Will there be no rest? Of course, just after one is done ensuring protection from the rain, and the water which it brings with it.

Continuing his work he nodded at her question, ”Oh yes, do come in. I did not expect such weather on a day like today.” he commented half-heartedly, as if the wizard himself saw some forlorn sign in the very presence of the storm itself. Then, as Evalin made her way in, it started to rain even harder. The nuit quickly pulled the flap shut and started to tie it off. He needed not anymore interruptions at this hour. He had to finish his work before his pavilion and portable lab would be muddled with water. He couldn’t have that, now could he? No, it would be a disaster. That is why he was employing some arcane protection. Perhaps not the strongest, or most beautifully uniform shields in the world, but what works, works. The Alchemist could only hope that the barriers would outlast the storm. He knew that his djed was very fickle with holding its form, and he had a lot to work on that.

”Do I know where the kid is?” he repeated the question, ”Why would I be privy to that knowledge, dear?’ he asked her, ”I threw him out into the rain because his presence was.. well, I don’t need to explain myself.” he said almost defensively, ”He is wandering about somewhere, of that Im sure. Prolly dancing or annoying the knights.” he said.

”A better question would be,” he started, ”what possessed you to take a mere child’s body?” he asked, feeling that he did not need to point out the disadvantages which it had wrought her so far. He was sure she was plenty aware of them.

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on November 2nd, 2012, 4:53 am

So then he knows not where the child is? How curious.

Evalin shrugged, absently waving a hand as if to ward off any allegations that she might be accusing him, "It matters not my dear immortal. I simply heard him speak your name once or thrice on my way to this pavilion and thought to ask."

To his next question Evalin visibly grimaced, closing her eyes and running a hand across her features. Within her mind coursed the series of events that had lead to the coming of this body, and from that moment on the many troubles it had brought her. Shaking her head slowly the girl would speak, "What a loathsome question, and yet I cannot say that it is unexpected, though perhaps a rather sudden given the time we have spent together." Her eyes would rise to me Rayage's, "Must you hear this tale? Shall you not be satisfied otherwise?" When the man would speak and ask her to continue she would sigh once more.

How I had wished to never speak of this, yet so it seems the man acts as any man would...

Faced with unknown events even a toddler understands to question them.

Evalin touched the necklace where it hung, Indeed, yet eventually they must learn that to search in the foxhole for the sake of curiosity shall one day lead to the loss of a finger...

Tsenrika made a sound within the girl's mind that sounded suspiciously like chuckling, yet when he spoke his voice was calm, I fear your logic be flawed, for no true being should fear the wrath of a child's anger upon probing questions.

Blinking in surprise Evalin's mouth open slightly, and closed just as fast as she glared down at the sealed Familiar, yet she spoke not a word more and instead turned her attention to Rayage, "Though I say this now I know it matter not to you, but this tale be of little interest to be sure." With an inward sigh Evalin began her story, speaking slowly so as to avoid stumbling over her words, "When the begining of summer grew near I felt the need for a new vessel had arrived, and as always I found the most suitable candidate. A woman with fine auburn hair and skin of silk, still young and in her prime, however, it seems that my prize was sought by another as well." Evalin thought back to the 4 armed man who had caused all of this, and she felt that welling of hate within her grow once more.

Matter it not now, for what is done may no longer be undone.

Evalin shook her head, breathing deeply and returning to continue her story, "That man interfered, and I was left to take a... different prize. This body you see before you." She placed a hand over her heart for imphasis, "Thus was I thwarted in my truest goals, and so I had little choice but to alter my plans. The family of the girl could not be allowed to live least they become a nuisance, and thus I granted them a gift of a funeral pyre built with my own hands." Evalin shrugged, the motion looking almost comical in the child's body, "And there you have it. Now I come here as I am, speak with you as I may, and yet every day I feel the error in my judgement. Better it would have been to choose another, if not as fitting, host than this child. Yet still I see this as a chance to foster experience and wisdom through the ages."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Balderdash on November 2nd, 2012, 12:32 pm

Isaac's lips narrowed slightly upon hearing the response to his query. "You misunderstand me, Mr. Wrenmae. Dira does not take 'no' for an answer. The gift will be delivered whether you will it or not." Isaac said as he began to stand. "The only thing you may decide, is whether or not you benefit from it."

At Miro's suggestion, Isaac's head turned to look at him. The giggle and the raised eyebrow seemed to have no effect whatsoever on the envoy. "A prodigy indeed. The boy is wise, Mr. Wrenmae. I will indeed gift both of you, should you decide to aid me. I can give you both something worth thousands of mizas if sold to the right person, but that is not all..." a faint shadow of a smile flitted across his features for a moment, "Should you assist me in my mission, using that which the Queen of the Dead has given me, I shall tell the two of you the manners of your deaths. Perhaps you may use that information to avert them."

Dira's servant clasped his hands behind his back before speaking again, looking at both of them in kind. "Gentlemen, you stand at a crossroads. One path leads to felicity, the other, to ruin. While I can show you the correct way, only you may walk it. Which path will you walk?"
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Miro on November 3rd, 2012, 4:07 am

Miro stood up quickly backing away with apparent shock on his face. "Dira? She is your queen? So give me a moment here, I want to try to piece together some info before I make a decision. Does not accept no, will be delivered no matter what, only decision to make is whether or not I benefit from my actions, and you offer great gifts and rewards. Yeah, I am starting to understand our predicament pretty clearly here. Before I sell out my father, let me remind you of one thing Wrenmae."

A trembling took a hold of the boy, a shuddering anxiety in his heart that was noticeable to those present. Though his eyes were constantly drawn to the floor, he fought to make eye contact with Wrenmae, his brother of only a few minutes, so soon to be betrayed. "Truly, I am sorry. Do you remember the first day when we met? It was even before you had even met Rayage, and you had no idea I was his son. Do you remember what you said to me then? You told me that your duty was to protect the innocent, to use your strength to help people."

Miro's eyes began to look as if they might water up. His breath began to quiver. He opened his mouth, as if to speak, but no words came out. Yet again, his gaze dropped to the floor. "He is not the man you think he is. Not worth protecting anymore. You have no idea the things he is capable of. Who are we to deny the will of gods? I have no choice, I have to..."

The boy dropped his face towards the floor, letting out soft sobbing noises. After a few moments he withdrew his head, sniffling and wiping away pretend tears. The game had gotten old, the divine envoy hadn't done a very good job on behalf of his lady. He would rather treat Miro like a child, it burned him up inside. "Oh wait no, I am sorry. Forgive me, I simply can not resist when it comes to certain people. Do you enjoy treating me like scum, Mr. Isaac? Talk about me as if I am not in the room? To act as if I am some insignificant child!"

Just as quickly as the mood snapped, the angry wizard brought his chin high. Truly he did want to sell the lie, to earn trust or leverage, but it was all too much. Each moment of being looked down on sent him closer to breaking, each word directed at Wrenmae instead of Miro deepening the crack. For a moment his eyes flashed red, but the instinct was suppressed. Now things were going to change, no longer could he be treated in such a way. Miro held his hands out, flowing his djed at a pace only he could hope to achieve, causing liquid to stream down and saturate the ground around him. "Wrenmae, I am sorry, I couldn't keep up the facade anymore. I am not sure what to do with him anymore."

Duty as a son, a man, a squire of the Syliran Knights, it told him exactly what he had to do, but not how to do it. To be insulted and ignored, he was a knight in training. Rayage, Jonathan, now this man, so little respect. The rage still built, nagging his mind of the fact that his res production was not enough. Though the floor surrounding him had welled with enough res to deal with any threat, this was different. One does not simply threaten a man's honor and family, this was personal. "I give you a chance, for I still carry my better judgement here." Miro called his res from the ground, pulling it to rest in his upturned palms, two large orbs of pretransmuted death.

"I have a few questions for you now. Let us start with Dira and your gifts. You speak of having a gift for Rayage, and a gift for us both, which you told to him. And at which, I must state my disgust. I give you every chance, every right answer, and yet you still turn your gazes to Wrenmae? Did I not tell explain that I was his son, that he is only a guard? Tell me what your goal is here! You see Mr. Isaac, you stand at a crossroads. One path leads to me showing you your death."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Wrenmae on November 4th, 2012, 9:27 pm

"The nature of our gifts are different." Wrenmae said quietly. Till now, he had let Miro have his fun. Under the caul of auristics, Wrenmae had begun surveying the room for signs of foul play, hidden glyphs, or other items of interest. Once more, his eyes felt the brunt of an auristic backlash, the energy in the room too great for his eyes to take in. Blinking it away, he scuffed a foot along the dried ground, listened to the distant beating of rain against the tent, and prepared himself.

Miro was evidently angry, furious even, that without proper motivation to ploy betraying Rayage, they were simply left with a threat. Sometimes he could be impulsive, even explosive. Certainly not addressing him the same respect Wren had been addressed with had triggered some of that underlying volatile nature. Miro would be ready to burn this man alive, but the way he sat so poised and relaxed worried Wrenmae.

He seemed too confident.

"Dira has no love of those who cheat her cycle. I once met a maiden in her service who spoke extensively of returning such beings to the Cycle. I have a strong suspicion your 'gift' is actually his removal from this mortal coil. As for your offer, gold is simply a means to an end. I have no room to carry the riches I'd require to betray such a close confidant, nor do I want the details of my death to weigh so heavily on me. By merely knowing the instance of mortality, one can avoid it, certainly, but the truth is two-pronged. While we safeguard our life another day, it might only be one. Simply cheating your pre-ordained death aids only in presenting another hidden fate. I would be no better than I am now."

He laid a hand on Miro's shoulder, trying to settle the boy.

"My friend can prove...volatile. Mr. Isaac, you will forgive me, but I did not come prepared to subdue him. Perhaps if you are upfront and honest with us, we can return the same courtesy. You are not here to present Rayage with something he believes he will benefit from. I do not wish to insult the lady Dira, certainly, so perhaps we can return our discussion to a more polite ideal."

Reaching out into both Isaac and Miro's auras, Wrenmae coaxed a calming relaxation to enter into them, soothing anger, soothing rage, soothing bloodlust. They were only moments from an explosion of some incredibly destructive potential.

And he did not want to get caught in the center.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Balderdash on November 5th, 2012, 5:20 am

Wrenmae's Auristic examination wouldn't find any foul play in the tent. There were no death glyphs, hidden traps, or anything else of the sort. What it would find, however, was just as concerning. Forget strange, the man they were speaking to wasn't even solid. The reason he was bone dry was because rain passed right through him. The reason his shoes were perfectly clean was because there was nothing for mud to cling to. If either of them decided to reach out and touch Isaac, their hands would go right through him as if there was nothing but thin air in his place. Whatever Isaac was, human was not it.

Fortunately, he was still affected by Hypnotism. While lesser wizards might not have been able to influence one of Dira's chosen, Wrenmae was not a lesser wizard. It was a good thing, too. A faint crackle could be heard as Isaac flexed his fingers, and the aura around his hands would flare for a moment. If Miro relaxed and let his Res dissipate, the envoy would follow suit and bow slightly to Miro first, then Wrenmae. "Apologies. I meant no offense, master Miro." he said before looking up at them again with the same indecipherable expression. "If you felt excluded, know that that was not my intention. As for your guess, Mr. Wrenmae..." his steel colored eyes flitted to the Hypnotist,

"You would be correct. I am here to bring Rayage to Lhex. He has been waiting for the good professor for seven hundred sixty two years, three seasons, ten days, and twenty three bells. However, you would be wrong to call me a liar. What I bring is a gift." the envoy made sure to look at Miro again, "Think, your father could have been reborn a thousand times now. He could have been your biological father. He could have been an Eypharian noble, or an Inartan Endal, or anything else. He could even have finally achieved a state high enough to please a God, who would then bring him into their fold for the rest of eternity. To paradise."

Taking a step back, he tilted his head slightly, the soft growl of thunder adding variety to the monotonous drone of water on tarp. "Will you assist me in releasing the professor, then?"

Would they betray their undead comrades? Or would they attack one of Dira's chosen few?
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Office
Scrapbook
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Miro on November 5th, 2012, 6:25 am

Miro felt Wrenmae shed comfort over him. His friend spoke out in a calming tone, causing an ease of the soul. "This guy is hardly worth killing." It was best that things did not get messy anyways. But that did not mean that his guard would be dropped. The wizard cast his res into the ground, making it appear as if it was gone, though it would follow him wherever he walked. The boy would listen to what the man would say, he had come clean himself.

Amends had been made between the three men for now. Though even the man's apology rubbed Miro the wrong way. He could only grit his teeth as he took it upon himself to speak of his father. The arrogance, it was as if he craved to itch Miro's nerves. But what he said about passing Rayage over to Lhex. To think he had drawn so much attention. A smile reached the boy's face at the thought of his father. It was likely he drew the attention of the gods, but he did not imagine him bowing to them. It was more likely he too was wanted by Dira for cheating death, in one way or another.

The wizard bowed his head back to the man, as if in some grim acceptance. "Perhaps you are right, Isaac. Lhex likely has been missing Rayage, don't you think? I would like nothing more than to help to release the professor, though I have some reservations. Would Dira truly offer gifts, even to one's such as us? I find it hard to trust we will be forgiven so easily for aiding him as we have." Miro answered the questions with a sense of honesty not present before. Instead of showing signs of hesitance and doubt, he stared deep into the envoy's dead eyes.

Then suddenly, a dark pitiful idea entered the magician's mind. There was one way he could earn the favor of one hellbent on taking Rayage down. It was not the professor he sought, but undead. "Isaac, I would like for us to find ourselves able to trust one another. So, as an act of good faith, I have an offering for you. There is another who cheats the cycle of reincarnation. One who has been taken as an undead apprentice to Rayage. She takes the guise of a small female child, but is truly a monster. If you were to take the professor, surely she would rise for revenge, against us all. The world would be better to see her renter the cycle, that I am sure of."

A dark smile revealed a set of sharp fangs in the mixed blood's mouth. He cared little if the brat of an undead died. She could serve as a very useful bargaining tool, possible enough to get Ray out alive. Evalin had been useful, even having a small place in the wizard's heart. If her life could be kept, that would certainly be the road best taken, but he had doubts. Could he keep both Rayage and Evalin alive and still hope to receive a gift? Gods were rarely so careless. Another game and gamble for the day, only this time the stakes would be high.

"Her name is Evalin, and she has talents in magic that can be fearsome. If we take her out, Rayage should come quite easily. But things are rarely that simple. I will not lie, risking my life against once friends will be hard for me. I am not sure I have the heart for it. In all honesty, I can not admit to being fully sold on killing the professor, and you have done little to prove your connection to this goddess. Perhaps you could show some proof? A gift, or even show me my death as you offered before. I do not disagree with Wrenmae, however I do not fear my fate. To be spoiled with Lhex's will, or to experience Dira's power. I am unable to suppress my curiosity, even if only to prove your cause true."
Miro

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext