Fear the Reaper (Rayage, Miro, Evalin, Wrenmae)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

While Sylira is by far the most civilized region of Mizahar, countless surprises and encounters await the traveler in its rural wilderness. Called the Wildlands, Syliran's wilderness is comprised of gradual rolling hills in the south that become deep wilderness in the north. Ruins abound throughout the wildlands, and only the well-marked roads are safe.

Postby Balderdash on October 19th, 2012, 4:01 am

10th of Fall, 512AV
One bell after dusk

It was always something. First a half-dozen dead horses with no marks on them, then a broken axle on a wagon, and now this. It was pouring rain tonight, and it was more mud than earth that a very irritated caravan guard was tramping through, massive droplets of water soaking into his clothes and drenching him to the bone while a flickering lantern lit his way. "Where is that old codger..."

The guard's name was Jonathan, and he was looking for a very strange person, under very strange orders. Considering the caravan's final destination was an undead island filled to the brim with ancient super weapons, a fragment of a dead God, and Gods knew what else, he expected the unexpected. He didn't expect requests for dead people by... Well, he still wasn't sure who was asking for him.

"Come on... A blooming professor can't be that hard to find, can he?"
The sooner he found Rayage, the sooner he could be back in his tent, safe from the assailing winds and pounding rain. Zulrav was definitely not happy tonight. Neither was Jonathan. He'd been weaving through the mishmash of tarp and fabric for half a bell now, and he still hadn't found who he was looking for. "Oi! Anyone know where Rayage is?" the frustrated sentry shouted to no one in particular, hoping for a pointer in the right direction. Tonight was a lousy night. What Jonathan didn't know was that his would be one of the more pleasant ones.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Miro on October 19th, 2012, 7:39 am

Miro was very impatient today. The old corpse had things to do, yet the camp was in a panic. The young wizard was completely drenched, struggling to keep in tune with anything going on in the camp. The pour of rain and wind whipping against his body chilled him, keeping him feeling content. Most would seek to enjoy the shelter of a tent, but one man stood out in defiance.

The man called out, demanding he get Rayage. Such a bold fellow, it was only suiting he found his target. Miro did not have the heart to let the man search in vain, yet the professor was so busy. It was lucky for him that the professor happened to hear his name be called. Why he needed to find him was a mystery however.

Miro raised a hand in the air and waved, yelling over in an attempt to snatch his attention. The rain and wind made a terrible atmosphere for conversation, but it did not bother him much. The kid began to walk towards the man, eager to greet him. He approached the man with a wave, attempting to look friendly.

"That is Professor Rayage to you. You have come in search of me? What can I assist you with?" Miro looked at the man, attempting to establish eye contact. If there wasn't so much distance and rain between them, he might consider hypnotism.

He hoped that his word and the man's desperation would be enough. If he knew anything about Rayage, something wouldn't add up. Miro definitely felt capable enough to be a magic professor, but he was unsure of what he was wanted for. If it came down to performing alchemy, a slight problem arose though.

It was important however that such matters be handled without bothering Rayage. Besides, anything he needed the old man for, Miro could fake any day. As expected, Ender remained sealed and silent on his wrist. Perhaps Miro's games scared him or had become trivial. The familiar never seemed content unless forgotten.

What was to come next was what he would focus on. It was a bother to be cast out like a dog, but he would obey. He just hoped Rayage would be ready soon. As long as he was out stranded in the rain, he learned nothing. At least this man could entertain him, perhaps giving a bit of info. Anything beat just standing around.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rayage on October 19th, 2012, 8:32 am

If there was anything the undead truly hated it was the constant presence of the ignorant and stupid people which surrounded him. Those who had no mind for the secrets of the world, no true ambition other than to follow blindly in the footsteps of others… Yes, those kinds of people had their use, but it was usually short lived. If Ray could change any one thing about the world it would be to eradicate those thoughtless, waste-of-space fleshbags. They were better off as bodies, waiting to be used instead of eating up precious resources. Again, the nuit has seen their use firsthand, but overall they were not worth the high price, and magic help them if they got in big enough numbers… On that thought his mind trailed to the Knights as he made connections which spread a smile across his undead face.

Another thing that the Professor hated was the rain. From the confines of his pavilion-lab he heard the constant patter of rain falling from the skies above. Water could bloat and damage his body if not dried soon enough, and even in his pavilion the water seeped into the space, creating mud, though before it could get much farther the nuit worked to keep the water out. Ever since it started raining the nuit had been preparing to keep the rain out of the Pavilion with a bit of silent meditation. Though, as time ticked by, flowing on, as the rain got heavier and pounded down on the fabric above him the nuit found that he couldn’t concentrate. He was at the end of his rope, and finally he gave up with a frown. His own thoughts and the constant sound of the rain were too distracting for him. He was never too good at meditation anyways, but this was just an added challenge. He felt that to cast reliably he needed to be in a reliable state of mind, clear, able to think freely.

If Alchemy had taught him anything it is that one should take things in steps. Step by step you will achieve your goal. Alchemy had taught him to slow down and analyze what exactly he wanted to accomplish and how he could get about going there. It was Alchemy which conditioned his mind, it was Alchemy which had conditioned his body, and it was Alchemy which had conditioned his very soul and reshaped it, changed it with its subtle influence. It was because of Alchemy the nuit was a new man, had a second chance, and had a dream and an ambition to which he wanted to accomplish. It was because of Alchemy that he lived. If not, he was sure that he would have died long ago, alone, without children or any hope of ever having them. So, by taking the teachings of Alchemy Ray had developed over the passing years his own way of casting personal magic. He would do it methodically, step by step, and he thought that it brought the best results.

So he began. Taking out his dagger he went to the edge of the tent and started drawing in the mud. Water was slowly making its way, invading the tent and his area. He did not need this substance to ruin any experiment or contaminate his circle. The gods know full well that water in the fount slot will kill any experiment. Curse them all for this foul weather. He shook his head, thoughts slowing down as he concentrated on the glyph which he was drawing in the mud. The tip of the dagger parting the mud, creating an indent all too easily, the water had really softened up the ground. He could only imagine how the used and worn footpaths would be like. The thought made him weary of traveling tomorrow. Well, looks like he will have to shield his clothes and shoes too from either water or mud. A combination would be perfect, but it was too advanced for him right now. He would have to decide that later, right now he had a task he needed to concentrate on.

OOC :
Not really much of a start, but at least you guys know what Ray is up to: setting glyphs in prep to lay a shield around his pavilion to keep the water out. I will expand later if time warrants, but I didnt want to bore you guys with an insanely long post.

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on October 19th, 2012, 9:23 pm

Outside, he practiced shielding. The art had been largely ignored by him of late in light of his recent magical discoveries. Now he worked in conjunction with his Reimancy to strengthen his ability. The nature of Shielding itself seemed rooted firmly within the metaphysical. One could protect, and only protect. In that way, a shield could no more be used to augment a club than to stab a wolf. The whole of it was in preventative damage, repulsion, gentle but firm. Murdock crouched in the rain a ways from the light of camp, bent to the task of shielding a stone. He melded the Djed, roiled it, rolled it, mixed and spread it over the stone. The idea was to task it with a purpose, something to keep the object from harm of the intended source. At his level, the tenuous nature of the shield was only useful against ambient Djed, or the construct of Djed abilities. Sighing, muttering, he wove the shape of a bubble over the wet stone, gently coiling his Djed. In and out it went, up and down. Thrice he lost the weave, the whole of it untangling into nothing but strands and dispersing energy. Beads of sweat were lost amid the rain drops as his fourth attempt held.

Stepping back, he pulled djed into the tips of his fingers, mixing it into a thickening res. Pulling those fingers back, he wrapped the res around his digits, pointed them out at the stone and fired small pulses of wind, one by one, at the stone. The first hit the shield with a sigh, parting around it. With a smile, Murdock fired the next. The next blast of wind shattered the small shield, rolling the stone across the ground till it was stuck in the thickening mud.

Hissing at the back of his throat, the mage bent to try the task again.
But a voice interrupted him, far too young and bright to be Rayage’s…and yet it said “That’s professor Rayage to you!” Blinking, wondering what portended such a poor impression, Murdock stepped through the trees to the edge of camp, gazing across the waterlogged ground toward a quirky Miro waylaying one of the Sylirans.

Rather than speak, Murdock only moved to stand behind the messenger, the wet shuffle of his feet easily alerting the fellow that he wasn’t alone. He turned and immediately scowled. Although this man had been considered of perfect health, he had joined the group under the care of the generous Nira’lia. Since, he’d shown no adverse signs of contracting an illness, no, even thrived in spite of it. It was more than enough to earn him ill repute among the men, muttering curses to his fine health.

“I’ve been assigned the task of Professor Rayage’s bodyguard,” He said, looking to Miro with a raised eyebrow, “Proper respect has been requested, I expect you to abide by it if you intend to complete your task.” He smiled, “You wouldn’t want me to address a knight by their first name alone, would you?”

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on October 23rd, 2012, 4:51 am

What dreary weather this be my dear Tsenrika, Evalin spoke to the floating orb that drifted at shoulder height, The moisture does little for any, even for the immortals such as myself. The familiar remained silent, observant as always.

Evalin walked through the camp, hood raised and cloak pulled tight about her to ward off the water in the air, though she could do little for the mud and in the body of a child she could not even avoid the deeper puddles. Once more the nuit felt the burden of such a body, but with a sigh and a shake of her head she resign herself to make the best of it, After all, change shall come soon enough... Evalin's mind drifted over the konti woman she had spoken to only a few short days ago. Still the craving had not been quenched, and the girl felt that burning in the back of her mind growing ever stronger. Soon she would need to satisfy her craving, least her skull split from the wait...

Where was she going this day? What purpose was there in trudging about in the mud? Why there was someplace she needed to be, someone she needed to speak with. None other than he who cast the greatest shadow over her existence... The Alchemist Rayage.

What little humor Evalin held faded as she thought of the man who had changed her life. A dark emotion stirred in the very depths of her soul, like a slumbering beast that ached to be releaed, yet something held it back... How Evalin wished she knew what it was that stayed her hand in the ruins, that held her back on so many occasions when she could what she truly wanted...

Perhaps I am truly weak, for I cannot even be rid of this echo of my past regrets.

The cold of another mind touched hers as she heard her Familiar speak, To act upon the desires of once living flesh is pointless now...

Nodding slowly Evalin sighed, raising her eyes to look up at the darkend sky, Perhaps it is... yet I fear that if I were to let go of this one piece left to me of my mortality, I would forever be lost to something that... is not me at all. And to this Tsenrika held no answer.

It was not long before Evalin came upon Rayage's tent, though not before she passed an odd discussion occurring between the boy, the annoyance and some insignificant insect. Though she cared very little for the purpose of their talk Evalin still paused as she heard the name "Rayage" mentioned several times, yet with a mental shrug she dismissed this as a mundane affair not worth trifling herself with.

Coming upon Rayage as he carved into the mud, Evalin leaned her weight upon her staff as she spoke, "Curious as to how I find you here when so many whisper your name quite loudly about the camp." She watched as Rayage worked, though not bothering to offer assistance, "Would that task not be better left to the child? He seems all to eager to do your bidding my dear immortal."

ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Balderdash on October 23rd, 2012, 3:21 pm

Jonathan blinked a couple times in confusion at the source of the voice before his lantern's light caught Miro. The man surveying him couldn't be considered particularly large or brawny. Jonathan couldn't have been much older than nineteen, with armor a little too large for him, and a halberd a little too long for him. A faint light brown fuzz clung to his chin, and his blue eyes narrowed at the sight of the boy.

Before he could say anything, however, Wrenmae had butted in.

“I’ve been assigned the task of Professor Rayage’s bodyguard. Proper respect has been requested, I expect you to abide by it if you intend to complete your task.” The healthy little bugger even had the nerve to smile at him. "You wouldn’t want me to address a knight by their first name alone, would you?”

If it was a clearer day, or a warmer one, Jonathan might have told Miro to get lost. As it was though, he was perfectly content with feigning ignorance and getting back home. "No, erm... You're right. Sorry professor." he said to Miro, still more than a little confused. "Didn't know you had become a um... Kid..." With a slow shake of his head, he motioned for the two of them to follow. "This way... Someone wants to see you. Has his own tent a bell or two West from here."

With a point in the right direction and a sigh, the guard got to tramping a path to the tent. "Odd bloke," he muttered to the pair, "Wasn't dressed for traveling or anything, and... Well, you'll see."

After a few more miserable chimes of walking through sodden earth, a solitary, creamy white tent came into view through the deluge. "I'll just leave you three alone..." Jonathan said cheerily as he nudged Miro and Wrenmae into the tent and began to turn around, a sharp chill running through them as they entered.

The inside of the abode was very spartan indeed. Just a low table with a single candle sitting on it, and sitting opposite the entrance, the person who must have summoned them.

Jonathan wasn't lying when he said he was odd. It was a bald, severe looking, dark skinned man dressed in a maudlin black suit with a white rose in the buttonhole sitting cross-legged in front of the table. Strangely enough, despite it pouring rain, his clothes, and the rest of him, were bone dry, and his over shined shoes didn't have a speck of mud on them. Steely grey eyes swept critically over the rain-soaked pair for a moment, before settling on the entrance of the tent. "This isn't him!" the man's low, sharp voice snapped before his gaze settled back on the two wizards. "I asked for Rayage," he said coldly, "Who have I received instead?"
Last edited by Balderdash on October 27th, 2012, 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Balderdash
Not Entirely Rubbish

Words: 201561
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2012, 5:40 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Miro on October 27th, 2012, 5:49 am

It was a risky gambit, but the lie seemed to gain some credibility when Wrenmae joined in. A loyal bodyguard, how perfect, it really sold it. Though there was a lot of temptation to tease the man, acting stuck up, the kid behaved himself. The proclaimed professor's guard did most of the talking anyways, so Miro was content to see where the man would lead him.

"And it never ends! Let us see where this man will take us, surely we will not be killed in your beloved professor's stead!" Though Ender usually just complaining to scare Miro, this time it went the wrong way. Part of him wished that he got himself into trouble. To see Wrenmae proclaim such a title, he must have thought something of his abilities. It really made the young wizard curious to his potential.

"Oh, Ender, as if! Nobody would dream of hurting the sweet professor. And it's not like anybody could hurt me if they wanted to. I have a bodyguard and everything! Can't nobody do nothin' to me, not never." For a moment he wondered what it was he had said with that last part, but it didn't matter. They would be completely fine.

After a while of walking the group reached a tent. The man leading kept mumbling about the man inside, though it was nothing important. A firm hand shoved Miro forward, causing him to stagger into the sheltered area. For a moment he felt a chill, causing goosebumps to raise on his skin. The odd sensation caused him to shiver slightly.

There was something even more curious than a Morwen marked getting chills however. The man sitting before the duo, something was off about him. Perhaps it was how he seemed to be the type of body Rayage would choose to inhabit, or perhaps it was his choice of dress. Whatever it was, it caused an unnerving feeling to arise.

To top everything off, the man called Miro out immediately. The look given was not kind, nor was the chosen tone. For whatever reason he needed the old man, it seemed imperative. He knew enough of him also to realize neither of them were him, or did he? Rayage was a body snatcher. If the man knew this, he would also have to consider it a possibility the man he sought was one of the two standing before him.

A choice presented itself now. Continue the act or admit the truth. Miro let out a sigh, realizing there was only one thing to do. He pulled his djed to his hand and through his skin in the form of res, then sweeping it though his hair. As his res covered hand passed over his wet locks, he attracted the water, drying it. A broad smile swept across the wizard's lips as he allowed the water to drop and splash against the floor.

"Yeah, I'm not him. Well, not the professor at least. I am definitely Rayage however. Well, in a sense that is. Rayage is the family name, but my personal name is Miro. My old man is very busy at the time, so I am here in his stead." The boy merely shrugged his arms, flipping his now dry hair from his covering his eyes. "If what you have to say is important, I can go fetch him for you. However, I will need more than just good faith to bring him to such a...dreary location."
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Rayage on October 29th, 2012, 12:45 am

The wizard was fast at work when the other came into the tent. Ray didn’t bother a look at her, for he could only hope that it wasn’t the kid he had sent out. He was far too busy right now to deal with just anyone. Luckily Evalin has been around enough to garnish his attention. Briefly looking up from his work, the nuit shook his head, ”You speak of whispers… They are not worth my time.” he explained it away, ”As for the child…” the edge of the knife dug into the mud once again, and in a circular motion creating a spiral shaped glyph before moving along, ”He does not know the magics in which I will employ, my dearest.” he said looking back down at his work. He had successfully glyphed one whole edge of the pavilion.

”Besides, Evalin,” he said standing up, and wiping the blade off on his robes, ”I doubt he could do as good of a job as I.” he said confidently. ”That is why. There are things better left to those with knowledge and experience.” he said, ”I simply wouldn’t entrust such a task to him. He is enthusiastic, yes, and there is a lot of potential in him, but he lacks our age.” he told her, ”With age comes a certain sort of discipline, and that is what he lacks. Something small, yes, but oh so important.” he frowned at her, ”I would have hoped you would understand when its better to do things yourself.”

Turning his back again to her, ”Why did you come to visit me at such a late hour?” he asked her, ”Surely you have a reason. Did you seek comfort from the rain? That is what I seek.” he teased the immortal before dropping to his knees and returning to his work. Outstretching his hands he called upon his djed. He knew what he wanted to do, but things like this take practice, concentration, and willpower to manipulate the djed properly. Practice was something he lacked. Ray was fairly new at this magic, despite having it for so long. Though what he did have going for him was concentration and willpower.

Slowly he called the djed to his hands, it flowing throughout his body. The djed felt tingly, energetic, but fluid. There was some lag between thought and it responding, but the nuit only assumed that it was because of lack of practice, lack of conditioning. How could he get better at a magic which he never practiced? The obvious answer was that he could not. So not was how he was progressing.

Feeling the Djed present he started to shape it, meld it with purpose in his mind. Ray took his time. He was in no hurry casting this shield, and slowly the magic started to leek from his palms, flowing over the glyphs like water. A mist of djed came from the nuits palms, shimmering in his minds eye with a power all its own. The nuit concentrated on what exactly he wanted to block out, water. He pictured it in his mind, and felt it. It ran down his hands, and empowered his djed. The idea of water and not wanting it to enter, having it unable to pass through the small barrier he was putting up.

The glyphs on the ground helped him stay focused, attuning his spellcasting, and making sure his mind did not slip from the task at hand. The shield rested on a couple of glyphs and started to rise up, with the gestures of the undead mage. His hands were on the shield, molding it, supporting it, like the mist was some kind of putty. The magic was clay in his hands, but more slippery, and his unpracticed gestures and strokes made it sloppy. Though a shield was a shield, and as long as it kept out some amount of water, as long as it lasted, as long as it did what it was intended to do then Ray would be alright with it. Right?

“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Wrenmae on October 30th, 2012, 5:15 am

Uncrossing his own arms and brushing drops of rain from his shoulders and cloak, the soaked mage gave a short bow. “If you knew the Professor by his face or aura, perhaps it would have been wiser to visit in his own pavilion.” Raising his hands defensively, smiling, the mage continued, “I don’t mean any offense. It wasn’t I who masqueraded as our rotting compatriot…was it, Miro?” He shot a wry smile toward the youth and settled between both feet with a squishing noise. “My name is Wrenmae, and I’m paid to keep the professor from those unsavory sorts who don’t appreciate his work or kind. This young man beside me is a prodigy, Miro, of the Knights now…I believe?”

Another appraising glance at his partner before giving a second short bow.

“Consider me his buffer, keeping the professor to his work without all but the most necessary interruption. You must have been waiting here quite some time to be as dry as you are, so I hope it won’t be too much to ask you to stay a little longer and explain your intentions.”

Putting a hand to the side of his face, he whispered, almost conspiratorially, “I promise I won’t tell.”

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Evalin on November 1st, 2012, 1:37 am

Evalin's eyes narrowed ever so slightly at the turned back of the man as he worked. Though she might have replied to his subtle insult, Evalin instead took the time to reply to his question, "My dear immortal, can I not simply wish to be with he who gave me this grand gift of life?" Sarcasm dripped from her words, yet she did not purse this line of communication any further. She looked up at the dreary sky, feeling the dripping wet sensation as water began to dot her pale cheeks and gay lips, "Though I would not mind a respite from the weather as well. You know as well as I that this is no means a comforting situation for me either."

Watching in silence as the man worked his magics upon the tent, Evalin allowed a stray thought to pass her mind, How curious to see a man who would call to question the honor of a knight armed and deadly suddenly subsequent and forced to do such menial tasks himself. Her head tilted, Though curiouser still that he would be more pleased to do them in the end.

An understanding that ones own hand must do what one wishes, for another hand shall always do as its master wishes.

Evalin glanced down at the Familiar, sealed and hung about her neck, Quite... Though what meaning is there to paint your own portrait when one more fit could do it instead?

Thus you show your youth once more...

Evalin sighed, standing straighter as Rayage finished his work. Offering the man the barest hint of a smile she spoke, "Shall you invite me in then?"

Once free from the rain the girl would push back the hood of her cloak, letting fall the tangled mess of black hair and she looked about the space as she leaned against her staff. Soon those points of red would turn to look fully at Rayage once more, "By chance, know you where the child is?"

OOCRayage was working near the opening of his tent last and that is where Evalin comes in, just in case there is any confusion XD
ImageImageImage

Wretched Aura: As a Wretched One Evalin possesses an unnatural aura about her that causes unease in those who get too close. It can come as a prickle of the hair on the back of the neck, a sense of 'wrongness' about her. How people experience it is different depending on their personality and how they handle the unnatural and unknown. Animals tend to become more agitated, more easily sensing how wrong Evalin is and often avoiding contact with her.
Evalin
The Immortal Witch

Words: 1033971
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2012, 4:05 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Zinrah Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next