[Ricky] The Sincere Oddities of A Writer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Ricky's Scrapbook] Random Oddities and Madness

Postby Ricky Maze on February 24th, 2013, 1:38 pm

Hey Acco... Relax, take a deep breath, and now look at both mine and his signature. Notice a simularity there? :P
~Zach~
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on March 4th, 2013, 7:54 am

It's Back!
Somehow I can see my frames again! Although that don't really matter now that I can make boxcodes. I'm still learning the ropes of those, but maybe soon I'll get into the habit of making some for other people! ^.^

I was going to post something else here until I realized I can see my frames again, so I'll save it for the next post instead; so foe now I'm going to admire how great this frame looks.

takes a minute to admire.

Now I want a new one...
~Zach~
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on March 12th, 2013, 6:36 am

So we all know that Spring is officially here in Mizahar, and this video is late for the arrival but it makes the wait worth it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HVsgAWdQX8&feature=youtube_gdata_player

For those of you that must know, yes birds are my enemy except for chickens. Pigeons are evil rodents with a plan to take over the world, but I shall beat them first; for I am destined to rule an empire of evil!

Now that the fun part is out of the way, I can talk and ramble aaaallll about Spring. I should probably make a list of things I consider my enemy sometime. Hm hm... idea there? Maybe, how bout later.

So I'll be turning twenty this season (go me!) and I'll be glad to ditch them odd numbers as I hate them. (another enemy) So this season proves to be more interesting for Ricky actually, because he believes he finds himself in love. The problem being is that the girl he falls in love with has a hidden agenda. This leads to all sorts of dramatic occurances of course, especially between Ricky and his best friend Telion.

I've planned out the entire plot now, and it pretty much takes the whole first half of the season up. The reason why is because the trip he makes to Nyka actually, and sadly he's not even there that long. (Fear not for Artie will visit for a season someday)

So a wild spring has definitely been set into motion this season, and hopefully along the way Ricky can do a bit of diggin to find out the cause of the plague. Hm hm. Ideas again? Well nothing solid yet. :)

Artur is gettin started too, I plan to throw out plenty of solo's his way so he can learn the recipes I have planned. I'm always looking for more to try and make!... Though I could definitely do with my own kitchen first. Ha!
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on March 26th, 2013, 8:42 am

Gimme A Break, Gimme A Break

Give me a break of not that Kit Kat Bar. Spring break has officially ended for me and this post is due to share. I've been slackin on Miza a bit which I'll make up for just as soon as I have free time again. I spent the entire break dogsitting for my friends while the two went to Florida, which was awesome here and there since it was just me.

They have two dogs, one a Irish Wolfhound (God she's so energetic) and the other.... I think its a Pomeranian, but I could be wrong; I dunno my breeds very well! Anyways I also had the company of two guinea pigs and two turtles, so there's mostly the reason why I was busy over break. Though I caught my characters up I still need to pick up on the slack I've made, which will be very soon I hope.

I got home Sunday evening which was meh, thus I've found it difficult to place myself in tthe mindset of writing so soon. Thus I'm also having to move a love seat, go into town, and god only knows what else will come next. Plus we have more snow coming in again, which just makes this month seem crazy busy. Awesome? Not quite. Hopefully that'll change soon after I can finally settle down enough to ley my mind relax and release more creative writing.

Oh! Before I forget, I logged into chat the other night and- you know what I'm just gonna quote it instead!

Phoenix wrote:I don't like to quote myself, but I want Ricky to know how much he crushed our souls

(01:43:44) ChatBot: Ricky logs into the Chat.
(01:44:01) Ricky: Rats! No iggy.
(01:44:06) ChatBot: Ricky logs out of the Chat.
(01:44:40) Phoenix: Oh I see how important we are. Thanks ricky!
(01:46:01) Phoenix: LOVE YOU TOO ;_;

Now when I logged into chat yesterday I wondered what people were referring to about me and Iggy. (Don't ask because I hardly remember :P) When I finally look at this, I could NOT stop laughing. This would be the very reason I heart Jen and Jules in chat, because of the random things they always say and do. ;) Oh and apologies for crushing your souls, I'm sure you can buy a new one. >:3 I'm terrible I know.

That's my wrap for the late night, I wonder what I should scrap next in here...
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on April 29th, 2013, 4:10 am

To Do!

Seeing as I've been busy with keeping things up to speed I figured It'd do well to make me a list of the things I need to do. Things that will be done before the end of this week, as my entire weekend is yet again filled with a crazy event. Anyways what needs to be done:

• Clean Out Office
• Make Sure Reply Que List Is Done (Ricky & Artur)
• Set up placeholders for Valo, and keep tabs on them
• Catch Up Ricky's Progress to Nyka
• Check with those Ricky threaded with in Nyka.
• Set Ricky on the way home
• Prepare Summer Plot for Ricky
• Reorganize Ricky's Templates
• Reorganize Artur's Templates
• Start Artur's Solo's
• Make New Season Boxcode (Ricky)
• Make New Season Boxcode (Artur)
• Set up a Correspondence thread for Ricky

I don't expect to have all these done but seeing as how I've got them prioritized I'm going to make sure to be close before Friday. With May coming around I have to make sure both PC's are ready, since Ricky will be a expecting daddy and Artur will be moving on to Syliras (hopefully), they will need a bit done beforehand. That being said I'm gonna expect May to be a bit busy, not sure why but after this weekends event it definitely will be fun. That being said I've got stuff to do now, and look at what's first on my list! It's clean up time baby!! :D
Last edited by Ricky Maze on May 8th, 2013, 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 1st, 2013, 7:17 pm

Note to Self

Ricky's reply que can jump from three to eight in just one day. Guess its more of a fun fact about him really, which goes to me saying I'm not at all surprised.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 4th, 2013, 6:01 pm

An Update On Things

So I've been on and off with busy time during some of march and april, mainly making new friends and having a blast the whole time. That's pretty much long story short, as I've been meaning to tell that part of the story. Anyhoo I was suppose to be in Memphis by yesterday with a friend because Memphis in May was/is this weekend, however with the inclement weather coming from the north and bringing a wet nasty chill in the sourth my friend and I decided against it. So my weekend is actually pretty open, if my cousin decides he wants to sleep over then that's another story.

Now onto the subject I'd love to cover. I've made excellent progress thus far with Ricky's reply que, and learned I'm really good at dishing out replies. My office will be cleaned out soon, which is a grand yay as well, and Artur finally got his first solo going. Oh and Ricky is caught up to Nyka now I believe, so another big fat awesome thing to be proud of! A lot of you know by now Ricky is an expecting father when he returns home, which those threads are likely to be put up soon. More info on that later, as I digress from the point. I finally have the whole preggers thing thoroughly planned out for Telion! Another joyful moment for me! Anyway the baby is due in Fall, though I will not be saying when just yet nor spoiling its gender until the birth. ;) Sorry but I gotta start being tight lipped on somethings.

As for Artur he'll be on the way to recipeville, as I have LOADS for him to learn. Thankfully after his first solo is done it won't take too long to learn the others, which means that he'll be ready to experience the other fine foods the world has to offer! Come the first day of Summer he'll be sailing to Syliras, and will arrive there by the 18th to remain for the rest of the season. As to where he goes next, that's a fair question to ask. I don't even know just yet, though I do know trusty travel partners will be handy. ;)

Now finally I shall address my Cloud. New Avatar will be put up, debating on a shape for the Fluffy Space Cotton; I just came up with that nickname too. I noticed I didn't have a moderation request form in my office; well now I do after some odd minutes ago. That being said I'm also gonna put together a signature, something that'll help give players info on the Sylira region. I'll figure it all out at somepoint.

As for my "to do" post I'll be getting the rest done as quick as possible, I should probably make seperate ones for each account I own. It would certainly help, but its a matter for later. I've got some work to do.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on May 13th, 2013, 4:50 am

Ricky! <3

Thank you for stopping by the scrapbook. Twas a pleasant surprise.

I've taken your advice to heart. There is now a shiny new text document on my computer labeled "Challenges!" I've done my best to make Jabari an individual with both strengths and weaknesses, and I really like the idea of using those flaws to challenge him and see how he develops as a result.

It makes sense. Sure you could do a bunch of training threads where your character does everything right and rarely messes up, and sure you may get XP for doing so. But where is the fun in that!? I imagine the struggle to overcome the obstacles faced will make the character growth so much more memorable.

Looking forward to it!
Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 13th, 2013, 5:34 am

Challenging Your Character

That is exactly a good point to come across, and your welcome for the little advice I gave. ;) I simply gave insight from my experience so it could be shared.

A lot of people don't really know what they want for their characters when they first sign up, which is where your point of people having them work hard in training to heighten their skills come in. That can be fun but only to a certain degree, where as I see it if you treat RP a little more than just a game it does become more fun. That's what the whole developement process is. I can admit I started the same way, just got my character made and simply treated it like a game. When I came back though was when I became more serious about my character, I knew Ricky inside and out well enough but there were things about him I still had to learn. Thus I gave him the issue of his house being demolished when he returned home, then after that he loses his dog which was as close as a brother for Ricky. When I started these challenges I found myself seeing the same Ricky I had created turn into a completely better Ricky, a character that I can admit has grown to stand out in his own way.

When starting a character you don't rightfully know what you want, more importantly you're figuring out what your character wants. This process of developement takes a bit of time and thought of course, but once a character begins to take off and face the challenges before them, it can really surprise you at how much they grow. It also helps you learn better ways to write, as I know my writing is definitely improving steadily.

The main thing I always consider is what my character believes in. Knowing what your character feels and considering the possibility of putting those things on the line, I find it puts that character in a struggle that will change them for better or worse. However that struggle turns out I take as a learning experience, as I allow myself to think and feel that character. :) He's kinda developed into his own persona so to speak, a character that feels like a real person to me.

That's just me rambling on though, and I hope that actually made sense. I tend to lose myself in the writing when going into detail like I did. The main thing to remember is the challenges I told you about, and to consider what that character thinks and feels about them. With time that character will develope into his own self, of that I am quite sure of. :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Artur on May 14th, 2013, 8:05 am

Salmon Baby!

Ok so I did a bit of youtubing to learn some ways of cutting and gutting fish, and when I came across the salmon I was about tto start Ricky's flashback where he learns this. Then the hunger hit me, and with it my creative crave that I tend to get sometimes. So I did a little experiment, and changed up my usual method a bit. When it was done the salmon turned out to be like this:

Pretty awesome stuff too! My sister showed me a way to prepare the seasonings for a faster way to get it started, which was made up of Thyme, Parsley flakes, lemon and lime juice, garlic clubs, salt and pepper, onions and mushrooms all fried with the salmon in butter and a touch of honey. I can garentee that after eating this, I found myself a new favorite way to prepare salmon!
"Artur's words" Artur's thoughts "Others words"

Ricky
Scrapbook - Vlogs
Artur
Only slightly troubled.

Words: 182526
Joined roleplay: December 7th, 2012, 3:54 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes