[Ricky] The Sincere Oddities of A Writer

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

The player scrapbooks forum is literally a place for writers to warm-up, brainstorm, keep little scraps of notes, or just post things to encourage themselves and each other. Each player can feel free to create their own thread - one per account - and use them accordingly.

[Ricky's Scrapbook] Random Oddities and Madness

Postby Ricky Maze on May 19th, 2013, 2:46 am

20 Years!

So today was my birthday and my day has been nothing but busy fun! My friend friend came over and she and I go to the store to get a cookie cake and ice cream, having a blast the whole time even though the windows wouldn't work on the car. So it got HOT in the car on the way home, since the air bag light keeps the windows and AC from working. Anyway we get home and mom thought we took Elizabeths car! not her's, so that brought a good laugh. Later my sisters friend Elizabeth shows up, then not long after my cousin Brett shows up, and finally my friends Andy and Bri come along. So fun conversations came along when the whole gang began to eat cake and ice cream. lol

Brett left which then led to two games of Scene It, which my Elizabeth and I kicked ass both games! Which then Andy and Bri left afterwards, and so my night finally came to a fun evening shared with both Elizabeths and my sister. So yes with all the birthday wishes on Facebook and Mizahar, my day turned out to be friggin awesome! XD Thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes, today totally rocked this year.
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on May 22nd, 2013, 1:09 am

I love the trait chart for the sims, Ricky. Thank you! It should come in quite handy.

Overall, I've found a really nice stride with the creation process, so things are looking good for Jabari being in character come Summer. I'll keep you posted!
Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 23rd, 2013, 5:20 am

Sincere Apologies

To those who are waiting on grades in my office I must give my DEEPEST sincere apologies on the delay. I'm running a bit behind schedule and just now getting Ricky set up to finish Spring, that being said Artur is further behind on his cooking skills than I would've feared so I'll be hell bent on getting those done. This being due to a busy birthday I had, plus a few days where my creative juices weren't running so much. Again I apologize for the delay and things should be caught up come the end of the season, on another note Nyka will be the first I help out so Balderdash can get a bit of breathing room hopefully.

With much love and fun,
Ricky/Cloud
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 25th, 2013, 8:03 am

Struggle and Breakthrough

So I've been trying to kick it in high gear like my previous post suggests, but the process has been a struggle to get my creativity flowing like it normally does. I found I could write posts but my mind wasn't fully into it, thus I felt a bit exhausted afterwards when the post was written. This has been coming on and off occasionally, but I think I might be having a breakthrough finally as I got some serious stuff done tonight. Now if I can continue to do this then maybe everything I can get everything done, thankfully I'm not so End of the World deadline-ish like I usually am. Well, maybe I am but I'm not stressing about it to much. Even though it needs to be done... It'll be done, knowing me it'll be done.

But yeah this creativity issue has been on and off lately, as I couldn't direct what energy that did come to Mizahar. I'm thinking its gettin to the time where I need to develope my story for Zania, since THAT is where it directed itself mostly. I have a lot of developement to do for the world before the story can be done, including its world map and everything else involved. Its killing me slowly because I can't make up my damn mind about the world map, when I drew the last one I had the provinces (13-14 of them I might add) where I wanted but planning the layout of the provinces was what grounded me. Now I want to rearrange the damn provinces again for the third friggin time. On top of that I'm still in a HUGE debate with myself on what technology exists in the world. Though the story events are thoroughly developed the storyline has not. Henceforth I'm at quite a standstill with the project.

Huge huge project I'm undertaking, been an ambitious one I've started almost a year ago when the story itself was still in development. One thing I can garentee is that this character Ricky will be one real piece of work when the story gets rolling. :) All this developement he's gone through has seriously made me think about the other 10-11 main characters. (Like I said, HUGE project) Anyways the point of this post was to just let everyone know that while my creativity has not been flowing like it should, I believe a breakthrough is occuring so I'll be getting back on track sooner or later!
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on May 29th, 2013, 7:42 am

Character Note

Ok, after an interesting night in the chat room I've learned just how much influence Ricky has had over others. Mostly over the pc Leila as she mentioned a lot of developement had happened this season because of him, and the plots I have put together for him are interesting for others to read and/or be a part of. Which I can admit that I had hoped to make his story a fascinating one, I could never have anticipated the great feedback I have been given for such a character. Which is why I decided to make a note for Ricky, seeing as how he's become a totally different person.

So Ricky,

I first thought of you as a simple man when I first returned, that's all you really were when I got started in the roleplay business. Yet when I came back to see just how much you could stand out, you did far more then exceed my expectations.

Now? Now I don't even know who you are, compared to the simple character I first created. Now you've become someone I can admire and simply watch as the events unfold, and even though the few plots I have left are soon to unfold; your prowess is sure to continue on. Am I proud? Damn straight I am. I get to watch as character I once made gets to become someone even more, all because how strong of an influence you can carry.

PS: You're a dimwitted blockhead but still awesome through and through.

Your writer.

Now that sentimental part is out of the way, to those of you whose characters have met Ricky IC and are somehow changed from the experience, I can only thank you whole heartedly for making notice at how much of an influence this character has. Ricky definitely has grown to be something different for me. :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Stardust on June 7th, 2013, 7:53 am

So hi new friend of mine! :D

And now that I've posted here, I'll probably post here even more! And you'll get sick of me. But that's okay, cause that's what friends do, right?

Of course right! :)
Stardust
A Loophole in Limbo

Words: 89537
Joined roleplay: April 17th, 2013, 3:49 am
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 1
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Ricky Maze on June 7th, 2013, 8:50 am

Yay new friend! Annoy? Psh, never! Always glad to make new friends, I try to be a keeper quite a lot. ;)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on June 16th, 2013, 6:20 am

Closure for the Better

So I did a solo not to long ago that I feel would be better explained. Since the Leila incident I found that when I tried to write or get anywhere near my threads I couldn't do it. Even thinking about it at first felt like an impossible task, which then I managed to get out one post finally just to see how I felt afterwards. Nothing. My connection with Ricky felt as though it had been wedged apart and all I could tell was that he felt empty. After I confided with Phoenix and Mirage I got two different responses that both helped me get started to put Ricky back on track. I needed to regain control of the emotiond I felt and help Ricky find closure with this if I wanted to get back into the spirit I was in before all of this, and admittedly after writing this thread To Which Is Empty for him it proved to me just how he felt as well. The words all came on their own just as they usually would when I write for Ricky, so now with this thread done and closure set in mind I can feel him once again.

Thank you Phoenix and Mirage, you two were a wonderful eye opener for me today. And those of you who are involved in the Coup D'Etat for Zeltiva, you're all an inspiration for me to keep pushing forward. :) I'm happy to be here and writing with all of you.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jabari Dreamchaser on June 16th, 2013, 7:21 am

Ugh. I kept wanting to say something perfect to you Ricky but I don't know what to say so:

This sucks.
You're an awesome individual.
I am glad you found closure.
I hope you continue feeling better as time goes on.
Jabari Dreamchaser
to know without knowing

Words: 46515
Joined roleplay: April 25th, 2013, 3:10 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ricky Maze on June 16th, 2013, 7:30 am

Looks to me those words were perfect enough Jabari. :) I'm happy to know others can think so well of me, definitely a breath of fresh air from time to time. Amd speaking of time I am already feeling better about myself, and Ricky, as we both found that closure he just needed. After cycling through those emotions I may feel drained, but after a good nights sleep worth I should be ready to kick everything back into high gear again. :) This is just one of those things you take as a lesson, live with it and learn from it while you move on to build your future. Regrets aren't worth keeping when it comes to living.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

PreviousNext