Flashback An Old Vow and a New Face (Ayatah)

Razkar seeks to fulfill a promise, and finds some help from outside his clan

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This is Falyndar at its finest. Danger lurks everywhere - in the ground, in the trees, in the bush. Only the strongest survive...

Moderator: Gossamer

An Old Vow and a New Face (Ayatah)

Postby Ayatah on January 10th, 2013, 7:57 pm

ImageLowax had investigated the scratches carefully, and told Ayatah that she had been incredibly lucky. She didn’t need to be reminded; the memory the tiger hanging itself over the branch and swiping for her would forever with her. The scratches had half-healed, but when the elder woman had rubbed an ointment on them it had stung. Ayatah had gasped and gritted her teeth, braving through the agonizing burning sensation that came with the salve.

Afterwards, the Shorn Skulls’ matriarch had given Ayatah time to rest and drink whilst the salve worked it’s medicinal magic. The two women had chatted about the Scattered Bones, and Ayatah found out that Lowax had once met her own matriarch and Great-Grandmother, Quinneth. It had been long ago, Lowax had said, but it still made Ayatah smile that the Shorn Skulls and the Scattered Bones already had history.

Her wounds were wrapped tightly to stop infection getting into them, but also to prevent the medication seeping out. Ayatah had tentatively walked out of the healer’s hut, a fresh pain stinging from her scratches. She insisted in being some help to the clan - something to do would distract her from the pain.

Getting the bonfire prepared and lit was an easy task, and required very few movements, which suited Ayatah just fine. Still, she would wince slightly as she stood up or crouched down, and a hand would go straight to her stomach. But soon the fire was lit, and Ayatah appreciated the warm glow. The jungle was never cold as such, but a fire provided a dry heat, instead of damp humidity.

She had distracted herself with conversation with those around her - although their names completely eluded the hopelessly forgetful Ayatah. She had had to retell the battle of the tiger countless times, but when one sister - or was it a cousin or friend? - had asked what had occupied them in the bell between killing the tiger and leaving, Ayatah had stuttered and spluttered out an unconvincing answer. The other woman had just nodded and smiled coyly.

She felt a pair of eyes watch her, and Ayatah gave a faint smile - she knew exactly whom she would find when she turned around, and the excitement leapt into her throat.

There was almost a sense of relief when her dark eyes saw him, as if the hours that they had been separated had been painful in both physical and emotional terms. She felt a tug of pure attraction towards him, and her mind wandered back to their heated session in the jungle. I cannot get enough, it seems. Even the way that he walked had... something that made her smile and feel pure joy. She longed to be close to him again, touching and kissing him. But not necessarily in just a sexual way (although she was certainly up for more shenanigans), but just to touch him. She thought of how they had lied in the mud of the jungle, completely at peace with each other and content. Only he had ever made her feel such a feeling, and she adored him for it.

"And how does the lady fare?"

A tentative hand went to her bandaged stomach and she gave him a reassuring smile, ”Lowax is an incredible healer - I shall be fine, just sore.” She sidled up to him and slid her hand into his, ”so you’ll have to be gentle with me tonight.” A wicked flash crossed her eyes and she gave him a playful wink.

”How did you manage with the tiger? Was it harder skinning the beast than killing it?”

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on January 10th, 2013, 8:26 pm

”So you’ll have to be gentle with me tonight.”

Razkar felt a flesh run through him like a draught of elixir. Her hand brushed against his as he stroked her stomach and both of them were stunned to here something that sounded like a low growl escape his lips. Another flash between them, followed by the embarrassed realization that some of the other females had heard him.

”How did you manage with the tiger? Was it harder skinning the beast than killing it?”

Razkar was grateful for the change of subject. He huffed dramatically and led her by the hand to the edge of the finished bonfire. It was crackling merrily now, but soon it would be towering, roaring, lighting up the jungle for miles around. They sat down and he stretched sore arm muscles.

"It certainly took longer, I'll say that much. I thought a deer was hard." He snorted and shook his head. "Today truly was a day for revelations."

Being a male, it took him a few moments to realize the implications of what he'd said. By the time he did and turned to her, he saw he looking down but smiling. Gods, she looked so beautiful when she did that. For a long chime he just stared at her, amazed, enthralled...

She chose you, a disbelieving voice said in his head, she could have anyone, being as she is, looking how she looks, and she chose you.

He kept a hold of her hand until the rest of the Shorn Skulls gathered, swelling around the bonfire and cheering as the first massive cutlets were hoisted over the flames. Soon there was meat enough for everyone being passed around, still sizzling and crackling. Razkar cut a hefty slice off the nearest... and passed it to Ayatah before he got one for himself.

They say next to each other and whether it was hands, hips, shoulders or legs, they were always in contact. There was a whirl of talking and dancing, but all Razkar could think of was when the night would turn past midnight, and he could lie with her again.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ayatah on January 10th, 2013, 9:02 pm

ImageThe noise that had come from his throat had certainly made Ayatah’s eyebrows twitched upwards. She hoped it was either out of lust or affection - it sounded that way, at least. The tittering of the other women made her snap out of her… daydream.

She couldn’t help but smile wanly with embarrassment - she just hoped that the other clan members would be busy or asleep later tonight.

Her hand felt so warm in his, and she felt safe, comfortable. It was as if nothing could harm her when she was with him. Ayatah’s thumb rubbed against his hand whilst their fingers remained entwined - a small gesture of her affection that would be seen by nobody else. It was like a tiny secret.

"Today truly was a day for revelations."

There was no argument in that. ”It certainly is, isn’t it?” This morning, they had left the Shorn skulls as acquaintances. They had returned as lovers, unable to sit next to each other without some body part touching. She smiled as she thought how the day had completely altered… so much. Her life would certainly not be the same after today, that much she knew. She would look back at moments like this when she was an old woman, and smile in the same way that she did now.

Stealing a sideways glance, Ayatah caught sight of him watching her intently. That merely made her smile wider, and she squeezed his hand tenderly.

She thanked him for the food, which - as she had expected - was delicious. Ayatah had only eaten tiger a handful of times, and she had never remembered it tasting so good. She was ravenous, and ate her fill quickly. Afterwards, she lent back on her elbows, stretching her scratches out as Lowax had suggested her do. Every now and then, she would caress his arm or back, as if unable to not touch him.

The talk was lively and dynamic. Ayatah chatted contentedly and watched the dancing, partly wishing that she could take part. Night continued onwards, conversation flickering back and forth between their hunt of the tiger. Eventually, Ayatah found herself yawning and stretching her muscles out more and more often. She glanced pointedly at Razkar, a smile not on her lips, but in her eyes.

Take me to bed, she told him telepathically, hoping he would understand the look she was sending him. She wanted to lie with him, and spend time alone in that fantastic little bubble that enwrapped them whenever they were alone. She leaned towards him and spoke into his ear: "There is something that I want to give you, but not here."

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on January 11th, 2013, 2:56 am

"There is something that I want to give you, but not here."

That flush again, regular as sunrise. Razkar felt a familiar stirring in his loins, but her tone made him turn to face her. It was not just lust: he had heard that before, dripping and obvious. This was something... urgent. Something that was as much emotional as it was physical. He cocked his head slightly and stood.

The Shorn Skulls hushed a little when he did so. He was only a male, true, and a young one, but for tonight, he and his woman were the heroes of the hour. Even Lowax stopped her rambling story to a half-dozen young warriors and looked up.

"The hour grows late," Razkar said, trying to sound more eloquent than he felt. He took Ayatahs hand and swept his gaze across his clan. "Ayatah and I will now retire. We both need the rest."

He was young, and bold, and Zek saw his stare was as much a challenge as an admission of intent. His son was almost wishing someone to question the propriety of going to bed with a female he had barely known two days. Not that it was unheard of but still...

"Then we wish you a deep sleep and restful dreams, my son." He said, breaking the tension and raising a skin of spiced water. "You may have my lodge, behind the longhouse. It should afford you the privacy to properly recuperate."

As he had hoped, tittering and eye-rolling was kept to a minimum. He knew his son was not a beserker, but there was a change in him now, regarding this woman. He had marked her, with his language, his body and soul. Razkar now bristled with protective energy that bordered on menace, and any threat to his happiness or (worse) hers would not be tolerated.

Fortunately, the Shorn Skuls knew their son.

Skins were raised in salute and the two young ones were permitted to leave. They stopped before Lowax first, though, offering their final respects. The matriarch of the Shorn Skulls tipped hr head politely, resting her hand on top of Razkar's bowed skull.

"A pleasant night and a bright morning." She said with a smile. "I wish them for you both."

The lodge was more his father's getaway than anything else, a cross between a smokehouse, shed and glorified tent. But there was a bed there, made of skins and furs and large enough for both of them. Razkar did not do anything so dramatic as carrying Ayatah over the threshold, but once the door was shut up tight, he started tidying the layers of material as best he could.

She deserved a good, deep sleep, and-

Her hand on his shoulder. A silent yearning in the way she stroked the back of his neck, sending shivers vibrating up it. He turned and stood in the same movement, and before he'd even straightened his legs all the way he pressed his lips against hers in a way that smacked of pure passion.

He broke the kiss after long, soft moments.

"I've been wanting to do that all night." he said, stroking her hair, resting his forehead on hers. He tried and failed to give a rakish smirk, and knew she would see through it. She wanted him for more than some ridiculous romantic stereotype.

The night was still roaring outside the lodge bonfire and talking and music still raging in the usual Myrian fashion, but muted and far away to their ears. Mizahar itself seemed to... dim... when they had these moments. Only the life between their hands and eyes was real.

"What did you want to give me?"
Last edited by Razkar on January 11th, 2013, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ayatah on January 11th, 2013, 12:45 pm

Image"Ayatah and I will not retire. We both need the rest."

The authority with which he spoke made Ayatah’s eyebrows rise in a surprised look. There was something different in how he spoke, and held himself… Even in a matriarchal society, it was hard to not find a new fond respect for the young male.

Plus, the way he took charge of the situation certainly made Ayatah a tug of arousal. I do like a man who knows what he wants,[i] she thought to herself with a bemused expression on her face.

"You may have my lodge, behind the longhouse. It should afford you the privacy to properly recuperate."

A tiny sigh of relief escaped her lips. Although there were few rules about intimacy and sharing beds in their race, it would have been awkward lying next to Razkar, with family members sharing the room. They would have had to control themselves in regards to their kissing and touching - and Ayatah would have rather spent their night in the jungle than do that.

They rose, and after bidding the matriarch of the Shorn Skulls the necessary respect, entered the lodge that would become their love nest for the night. It was perfectly adequate, Ayatah thought, but when she turned to see him rearranging the layers of fur and skin on the bed.

She couldn’t help but smile, and chuckle quietly. ”You don’t need to court or woo me.” She said as she lay a hand on his shoulder, ”You’ve already done th-”

His lips on hers ended her sentence. She didn’t mind; speaking was far inferior to kissing him, and she melted against his lips easily. The way his body felt on hers, the warmth that emanated from him, it was all her paradise.

As soon as he pulled away, Ayatah missed him. He must have noticed her disappointed look, because he bought his forehead against hers - Gods, she loved it when he did that. Her hands went to his shoulders, his neck, keeping him there for a few moments.

"I've been wanting to do that all night."

An odd smile came to his lips - was he trying to be dashing? She frowned, as if disapproving of his attempt to be something that he was entirely not. ”Stop,” she half ordered, “you’re perfect how you are.” And he was, in her eyes at least. He would always be perfect.

"What did you want to give me?"

”Ah!” This time it was her turn to back away from him. There was suddenly nervousness about her, as if she was preparing to tell him terrible news. She tilted her head to one side, before finally straightening back up again and speaking, ”my clan has many traditions - other than… scattering bones, obviously. When we celebrate our sixteenth year, for example, we go on a ‘solo’ hunt, accompanied by only two relatives who only act when something has gone wrong.” Her memory flickered to her own trial hunt, and she remembered how her cousin Bennick had broken all the rules to compliment her instinct.

”My Great-Grandmother thinks that honoring ageold traditions is highly important: it's what keeps a clan strong and… unified.” She was practically rambling, she noticed with alarm, ”But there is another tradition that only the women partake in.”

A hand went to her dagger, and she pulled it out of its resting place on her hip. The blades were still sheathed, so as she rolled it in her hands to admire it, there was no worry of cutting herself. She ran a finger over the small ‘A’ that was engraved in the center, and continued.

”We’re given a weapon when we’re born. It can be any weapon, but it sort of has to… represent the child in some way.” She pointed to the letter on the handle of her own weapon, ”mine is double bladed because my mother is stickler for irony. Two different blades upon one hilt - representing the Myrian and Eypharian blood in me.”

She stepped towards him, placing the dagger carefully against his chest. Her eyes lowered, and she licked her lips before speaking, ”there is another part. When… one of us… finds someone that they care deeply about - a friend, a long-lost sibling, or a lover - we pass it onto them. It makes a promise, that even if we don’t see each other again,” Gods, the thought of that was so unimaginable, she even struggled to say that words, ”even if our paths take us on completely different roads, there will always be something between us. And should our paths be reunited at some point, it represents the hope that… things will return.”

The simple token represented so much to Ayatah - that was obvious. She recalled about how her own mother had given her birth weapon (such was their name) to a Kelvic female who had been her bondmate when they were both girls. When her mother left the jungle on the same trip that she conceived Ayatah, she was reunited with the kelvic and their friendships had simply continued. There were, however, less happy tales of clan members who had forever lost their birth weapon, and the person they had given it to.

To Ayatah, it was a small nod to what they had done together, and how close they had been. She was never to know how very different their paths would be, and how both of them would change as they got older. She could only hope… That time would not change them as they were, when they were together.

||END||

|| Ayatah's speech || [i]Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Traverse on February 9th, 2013, 5:37 pm

Myri is Pleased

Ayatah :
Experience:
Climbing 4
Dagger 2
Endurance 1
Flirting 1
Hunting 2
Longbow 2
Medicine 1
Observation 5
Planning 2
Rhetoric 1
Seduction 5
Socialization 5
Tracking 1

Lore:
Lowax: Matriarch of the Shorn Skulls
Zek: Father of Razkar
Razkar: Of the Shorn Skulls
The Savage Beauty of Scalp Cloaks
A Not so Mid-Life Crisis
Being Eypharian: Had to Come out Sometime
Mayla: Wields the Power of Bones
Aiding a Comrade on a Hunt
Razkar: A Man Who Knows What He Wants
Razkar: A Fierce Warrior
Doubting Your Blood

Razkar :
Experience:
Climbing 3
Endurance 2
Flirting 1
Gladius 2
Hand Axe 1
Hunting 2
Observation 5
Planning 3
Rhetoric 1
Seduction 4
Short bow 2
Socialization 5
Teaching 1

Lore:
Ayatah: Of the Scattered Bones
Ayatah: Easy on the Eyes
Ayatah: Half Eypharian
Asking For Needed Aid
A Bit Early for Marriage Proposals
The Effects a Beautiful Woman Can Have
Ayatah: A Straight up Minx
Ayatah: A Cold Killer
Ayatah: Has a Gentle Touch
Bringing Home the Real Prize
Showing off Your Woman

Inventory:

+1 Double Bladed Ivory Dagger

Shared Lore:
Playing a Guessing Game
Remembering the Good Ol' Days
The Deadly Beauty of Falyndar
Work AND Play
Focusing on the Hunt
Drawing out Your Quarry
The Pathetic Noise of a Dying Fawn
A Well Earned Roll in the Mud
More Than Just Carnal Pleasure
Ayatah and Razkar: A Match Match Made in Falyndar

Additional Notes :
Whew. Well that was a big one folks. So first off I just want to say: EPIC JOB. We get romance, a little sexy time, danger, fighting, humor, sadness, revenge....okay not that last one, but really all the elements you could look for in...an 8 page long thread. I threw out a lot of points here because there was a crap ton of really great writing. Ayatah's doubts, her attitude and mannerisms as a fierce Myrian mixed with a sexy calculating Eypharian were just wonderful, and we got to see this nice compassionate side of Razkar that really lit up the thread. If you look at this whopping amount of XP and notice something missing, or want a lore I may have forgotten or left out let me know!

I did not award the tiger pelt in Aya's inventory because I figured it would be given in the next part of this epic romantic interlude, just so you know.

Questions, Concerns? PM me and we'll be to the bottom of it. Safe Travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous