Leth

God of the moon, thought, change and reflection

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Within the confines of this form lies the tangible proof of the prayers of the faithful throughout Mizahar.

Leth

Postby Colombina on January 1st, 2013, 1:11 am

"The moon is a friend for the lonesome to talk to."

Carl Sandburg

"I have a brother," Dira began. The familial term meant both less and more than the human conception. "He is beautiful as only destruction can be. He has helped me unravel many things that resisted my touch. My brother is a wild god, but a comely one."

Kihala began to speak after Dira, her amber voice soft and pleading as a mother speaking for her child's sake. "Her brother is a dark, powerful thing, Tanroa. I would quail at giving him such a task."

"But he has found balance," Dira protested, "He loves a bright goddess. Adores her. This goddess is Life's handmaiden."

"But he tried to steal her from me," Kihala said warningly. "He would pollute the fairness he loves by drawing her into his black world."

Dira had little argument against this, for if anything Death was honest, even moreso than Life. "True," Dira said, "however, the nearer he comes to her the more peace I see in him. He is kind when near her, even meek."

Tanroa considered what her companions said for a long while. Perhaps years, time was still as a lake to her. She returned to the problem on another walk. Kihala and Dira had learned to understand Tanroa's patient ways and resumed their interest as if only moments had passed. "I have considered your brother and your handmaiden. And they will do."

You may want to use this hidden text as a buffer for the bottom or your text will ride on the very edge and be hideous.
Getting to Know Me

[Insert awesome picture of scantily clad woman and something with wings here]
Feeling very poorly lately, have mercy on your absentee merbadger. (2/20/13)
Colombina
Mizahar's Only Mer-Badger Founder

Words: 632175
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2009, 8:56 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) O RLY Decoration (1)

Leth

Postby Seleucus on January 12th, 2013, 2:57 am

1st Of Winter, Evening Prayer

Moonlord, Moonfather, Lord Leth. I am so grateful for what you have given me. As you rise and I take on a form of your choosing it honors me so. Here I reside in a city blessed by you. Never before in this mortal life have I felt so close to you. I love your light as it illuminates the darkness of the night and the shape of your face as it changes with each rise. I am in a time of change in my life, and I hope you give me the thought and guide through this change, your own spheres. I miss you Lord Leth, though I am grateful for this second chance. In these cold winter nights watch over me, your humble child. I ask for restful peace in your darkness, and strength in your light. Keep me safe until you rise over warm spring nights. Lord Leth you have my love and my fealty, may I join you in the next life and serve in this one. Shine evermore in the night.
Seleucus
Player

Words: 26585
Joined roleplay: September 17th, 2012, 12:50 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Leth

Postby Natalia on February 2nd, 2013, 6:25 am

"Leth, I am one with you.
I praise you for be almighty and wonderful, you rays shone upon me with so much strength.
I know that I will forever be alive with you, and you will never let me die.

Leth, you protect me. You give me guidance.
I know that you lead me down the right path.
Your ways might not always be as I have planned, but I know you have done it for a reason.

I pray to you for reassurance. I feel lonely. I feel sad. The only one who truly understands me is you.

Please, Leth. Please make my existence worthy of you. I do not want to live a life where I cannot please you.
Tell me what you have put me here for.

Tell me all the things I cannot comprehend."

Natalia
Far away from home.

Words: 37669
Joined roleplay: November 9th, 2011, 12:07 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Leth

Postby Ayatah on February 2nd, 2013, 5:58 pm

Leth.

I was once told that I was a night child, many years ago, by my Great-Grandmother. I was young and angry: at myself for being only half-Myrian, and for my mother and father making me so.

I used to stay awake, deep in thought and staring up at the moon. Your own story - how you changed yourself from wild and dark to calm and gentle - used to make me think about myself. I am made of the ferocious blood of the Myrians and the proud, cold blood of the Eypharians. When I was young, and I first turned to you for guidance and thought, I would reject my father's people. I wanted to be Myrian, and nothing but.

Then I grew up, and I began thinking about how I could harness the skills and interests that being half-Eypharian gave me.

Leth, you changed yourself for your love of Syna. And I did similar for my love of Myri and my clan. You learnt to control the danger and darkness that surrounded you, and I learnt to embrace both halves of my whole.

And so I thank you, Leth. I thank you for letting me be a 'night child', as my dear Quinneth would say. I thank you listening to me, as I poured over my inner thoughts and reflections.

And most of all, I thank you for letting me finally find peace within myself.

|| Ayatah's speech || Ayatah's thoughts || Others' speech ||
Ayatah
The Scholarly Savage

Words: 667148
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 11:30 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Leth

Postby Nai'a on March 11th, 2013, 3:07 am

“When the sun, Syna, begins to hide, and the clouds start to cry black, the moon rises into the dark sky, Leth the God of thought, change and reflection. Many times I have looked upon you Leth. Many times I feel the embrace of your cold light casting down upon me. It warms me to know that you are above, watching, always watching for those who are devoted to you. I give you my thanks for all you have done, all you continue to do. May your chilled, warm, light always be upon my flesh. May you always watch over me from above. May you know that I am devoted to you and will forever more honor you. Faithfully yours.”
Due to college I will not be as active as I was. Sorry, but do not give up on me :)! I will reply ASAP
Nai'a
Healing is the art of caring.

Words: 184578
Joined roleplay: December 31st, 2012, 6:37 am
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leth

Postby Lu Gavima on April 8th, 2013, 9:12 pm

Leth, You are a brother to me. I never had one of flesh, but wherever I am and whatever I do, You are in my thoughts. I practice beneath Your audience in the open pavilions. I walk beneath Your guidance along the great spans of Lhavit. I empty myself out into you when I meditate and dream. I love and respect Your beloved, as she brings us life.

However, it would not be much of a life without the depth of Your clarity.The balance between a Shinya's body and soul, we thank You for Your care and companionship. May I die under Your light.
Lu Gavima
Devoted Shinya

Words: 134685
Joined roleplay: December 2nd, 2011, 5:35 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leth

Postby Albireo on May 1st, 2013, 10:49 pm

Spring 50th, 513 AV.
In Charms and Wishes.

My beloved Moon Lord, I see Your pale face with the eye of my mind and I raise my voice in hopes of reaching Your divine ear.

After the descend and ever since, I was quick to accuse and doubt You. I was lost, lonely and frightened of everything and everyone. The fact that I notice and speak of it indicates that I am not the same anymore. Thus I come to You in a new form of prayer and worship and sincerely hope You accept my words.

Although I have never heard Your voice, I am sure it was You who directed my steps towards the City of the Stars. It was everything I wished for and more: a home, a place to settle down, an opportunity to learn things and grow as a person. Above all, safety.

I say safety despite the recent happenings or perhaps because of them. The Zith, dangers threatening from the outside, have only served to strengthen my belief that this city stands for safety. I thank You for guiding me here, for caring enough to keep me alive and well.

Yes, I have survived much and here I am, stronger and better than before. You were my excuse for fear and doubt for such a long time that it will be hard to shake the old habits. Yet I want You to know one thing: My faith has also grown stronger. If it was a crooked and withered sapling before, it has turned into a young and strong tree by now. My beloved Moon Lord, I believe in You like I never have.

At this time and in this place, surrounded by the beauty that Your light casts upon nature, I solemnly vow this: From now on I will serve You as well as I can. I will trust in You and place myself in Your divine care.

This is my vow and my wish to restore the former glory of our relationship. My Lord, I am Yours once again. I am now and I will be forever.
Credits: wyldraven
Albireo
I got lost in translation.

Words: 71117
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2012, 11:40 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Leth

Postby Eida on July 27th, 2013, 9:31 am

28th of Summer, AV 513

Eida wasn't about to go back to Riverfall yet. The Sun was going down and the Moon was coming up. She stayed near the bridge, near Riverfall even though she didn't go in. The wilds could be dangerous especially at nights. She was deeply thinking what to say. She was searching for words and she thought about everyspecial way to talk with him. Use her mark? Some hours has been passed while she wasn't sure what to do. Leth was visible now on the sky. The time has come for her. She used her mark to talk with him, only sent a simple thought to him.

Leth I need your guidance! But she stopped. No she had to tell it with words rather than with a thought of asking help. She was standing under his light looked up to him and hardly but she started again." Leth! I shouldn't have disturb you but... " It was hard to get her thoughts together. She nervous but what for? For the answer he will have or other? She took a deep breath, sighed. She calmed down and continued."I'm here since a year. My fall was luckier than others I know. You marked me and asked me to be your priestess. I was happy, I felt my fall wasn't a mistake I could help you and help others. I met a lot people, I moved here and I met with other ethaefals. We all feel the loss but in a different way."

She paused for a moment. She was really nervous what to say, how to ask. But she had to move on. "I still think it wasn't a mistake. But I was wrong. You said you are imperfect, and I am too. I arrived to this beautiful city and everything changed. I am not somebody who will bring hope to others, who will help others. They need to trust me first, but in the form you have sent me they don't. " She didn't want to anger him with it. She knew it wasn't his fault and she had a great reason for it. Although she didn't find it what was it. "I am only your daughter, your marked one but can't be your priestess. And I am proud to be your daughter and I wear my mark with pride, I thank you for it. But I'm lost... Where am I trully belong to? Was I wrong and failed you by becoming your priestess? Or... do I belong to the wilds? I let myself to 'taste' my wilder side. I enjoy to be in the nature more. I want to help there. Leth, why did you choose us, your children? Why did you choose me in this form?" Finally she came up with her questions and hoped she could get answers somehow. "I believe you and not forsaken you. I know you know, you gave me a gift. I showed you my lover, I became his bondmate in front of you. But now I'm all alone. He is not with me anymore. I have only you and the nature. Father, maybe I misunderstand and I have to help others in the wilds? "

She stopped and was starring at the sky, at the Moon. She hoped that she get answers now. She was one of her child but even she couldn't fully understand him. She was waiting she knew if not now but sooner or later she will get her answers. But her curiosity was strong at that moment.

Eida
Daughter of Leth

Words: 97147
Joined roleplay: January 30th, 2013, 8:27 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Leth

Postby Valien on June 3rd, 2014, 3:52 am

7th Day of Summer, 514 AV
Temple of All Gods, Syliras

They say you're the god of change. Well, fair enough. I could use a change right now.

The Temple of All Gods in Syliras was dark that night, quiet enough that Valien felt like he was the only soul walking in its halls. The night certainly wasn't a stranger to him, not after a life in Ravok. He didn't know what had caused him to slip out of bed, to go wandering from his small apartment deep within the castle and come back to this place after his first failed attempt at prayer. Maybe it was the moon.

Maybe it was the memory of her.

Either way, the man stood near the back of the temple, his hands slipped casually into his pockets and his back against the wall as he looked up at the sky. He looked like a man who was lounging rather than praying, which was also fair enough. He'd never truly learned how to pray, he supposed. Not to other gods.

This feels strange, he thought, his eyes turned skyward. Can you even hear me like this? Well, you're a god. I suppose you can. Frankly, I've never really paid much stock in the gods. I don't even know why I'm here. I guess I've gone crazy.

He drew in a ragged breath, his hands slipping from his pocket so that he could fold his arms across his chest. No wonder. I loved her, you know? I loved her so much, and now she's gone. I close my eyes, and I think I'll open them to see her next to me, and I don't. I don't, and then I remember that she's gone, and then I remember that she died screaming. She was everything, she was sunlight, and now she's gone. Do you know how that feels? He paused, remembering who he was talking to as his eyes tracked the moonlight playing through the stained glass windows across the high ceilings. He lowered his eyes, snorting softly through the tightness in his throat.

Yeah, I guess you do, he said. Do you ever wonder if you could have done anything to change it? When they took her away...you know, I was there. I thought about fighting. But it was a choice between fighting for her, and dying, and getting my little girl out of there. Serah... His hands clenched into fists, digging into his arms. ...She's everything to me. But I wonder everyday, if I could have saved her, and it's driving me insane.

She's probably up there with all of you, isn't she? Dancing with the stars? She was too good for that rotten city. Petch, she was too good for me, but she stayed with me anyway, and I lied to her.

He closed his eyes, leaning the back of his head against the wall. For a moment, his strength left, and he worried that he'd sag against it.

I could never be good enough for her...Even if I lived a thousand lives.

I'll never make up for it, will I? Everything I've done.

I want to change. Even if only for Serah's sake. Does that make any sense? I want...

...I want to leave this world a better man than I was when she left it. I want to become the man she thought I was. Does that make any sense at all, or am I just a crazy person talking to the moon?

Look. Leth. Lord Leth, if you prefer. I'm not asking for your protection. I've always protected myself, and I've done just fine. I'm not asking for any special favors, or for money, or for any of those things.

But they say you're the god of change. And I...don't know what to do.

Help.
Box code by Cylos Marn
Valien
Player

Words: 41501
Joined roleplay: December 27th, 2012, 6:31 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

Leth

Postby Lani Stranger on October 29th, 2018, 12:27 am

“T-Thank you, Leth.” Lani finally spoke aloud to Leth. She hadn’t thought about what she wanted to say, but she found the words tumbling from her mouth. ”I have recognized this change that the star had bestowed upon me, either directly or indirectly from you. I don’t assume to say I knew exactly what it had meant to me when I first experienced it. And I will admit that I feared the change, but I hope, as I feel it leaves me now, I’ve not wasted it.” Lani paused, noticing the light shift from blue to grey. She felt as if there was more to say, but she was not able to conjure it up at the moment. She had never prayed to Leth before, she had barely considered his realm. But within the season she had considered the God for answers on what was happening to her. She hadn’t imagined that Leth was actually responsible for the change, as it turns out he was, which left the mixed blood at a loss for words. ”Nice talking to ya.” She muttered into her hands, note sure how to speak to this God, not sure what to say to him.
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next