[OOC Chat]Beware of Frozen Noses

A place for questions, comments, and general chat pertaining to Avanthal development.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Inside the Icehouse is Avanthal’s development subforum. This forum is designed to support all Avanthal players in an OOC manner and allow players across Mizahar to contribute to the development of the city and the Vantha race. Found within are the Suggestion Box and other threads meant to contribute towards the development of the city as well as threads to aid players in their story and plot planning process.

Postby Valkyrie on February 11th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Avanthal Development OOC:

Beware of Frozen Noses

This is the place to ask questions, give random suggestions, and just chat about the development of Avanthal and your PCs. I hope having this subforum encourages you to participate in Avanthal’s development. I also hope having this subforum helps me offer you more opportunities to be involved with the city in an organized, appealing way. I encourage you to participate in this subforum as much as you are comfortable with, even if that mean’s just popping in to say that you would really like to see a new café or particular store in the city.

The subforum is also a great place to work on your own characters. Feel free to discuss the events in your character’s life and how you think they will affect the city. The city is made up of its citizens, and it is the events of your life that bring freshness and uniqueness to the city. Do you have a goal for your character but aren’t quite sure how to accomplish it? This is a great place to ask and see if others can give you some fresh ideas to work with.
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Miria on February 11th, 2013, 9:11 pm

I would like to learn how to ride horses with Miria.

I'm planning to go to Ravok in the starting in the summer season and would love an instructor/partner to learn with in the meantime.
Don't ever be a sheep. If you HAVE to be a sheep at least be a rainbow sheep.
Miria
Knowing me. Knowing how to love again.

Words: 236304
Joined roleplay: December 10th, 2012, 6:07 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Silarial on February 12th, 2013, 2:05 am

I can be a partneeeeer! I was intending to buy a horse once I get the winter wages so I could leave with Svasra and travel around Mizahar. :3 But methinks would be a bit pressed for time by then though. I've read from her plotnotes that she intends to leave by Spring 10... u n u

We should make Svasra the instructor! She's currently training under Valkyrie so she gotta know some moves. >:D
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Words: 140345
Joined roleplay: November 19th, 2012, 6:44 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Svasra on February 12th, 2013, 2:48 am

Hmm, I heard my name being called? *peeks in*

Oh, dearie, please do come with me. (: I have a Akalak already acting as bodyguard, and perhaps a Kelvic interested. Spring tenth is when the boat rides out, but if more people are bringing horses I will have to check with Valkyrie if there would practically be enough room - she would leave later in Spring, if she was leaving onfoot (not by much, most likely the twentieth latest but erm a bit later? xD).

Unfortunately, I don't think I can teach you only because you need to be a rank above the person you're teaching correct? Svasra could do maybe one or two threads to show you the basics, though eventually you would be the same level as she, and until I kick my writing in gear and get up that riding solo I've been meaning to do, then I won't be able to do much in the ways of teaching you - since we'd both be Novices at that point.

That's my understanding of a PC teaching another, though I might be wrong.

I could always guest-mod though, if Valk is feeling stretched a bit too thin. ^-^
Svasra
Sit by the fire, and listen to a legend.

Words: 212637
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Silarial on February 12th, 2013, 3:09 am

Oh hi Sivvie! Lol you materialised. :o And wow, where'd you get the blue bodyguard, eh? Hail the power of the Svasra connections! XD

Regarding the teaching bit, I think you could raise your level along ours if we plan this out correctly. After Miririe and Sillie gets the hang of things, the three could go and practice together and ride out chasing after the setting sun, and sparkle like the fabulous ladies they are, yes?
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Svasra on February 12th, 2013, 3:24 am

+10 Persuasion and +5 Materializing.

Aha, no, someone was making a PC, and I managed to rope them into the journey with the promise of glory and gold. Mainly just some awesome travels and adventures. xD

Yes, if I manage to get Svasra up in riding before we start the thread, then I think we can do it that way. She just needs the lores in order to teach them to someone else. xD
Svasra
Sit by the fire, and listen to a legend.

Words: 212637
Joined roleplay: January 4th, 2013, 9:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Silarial on February 12th, 2013, 3:37 am

Lore: Awesome travels and adventures: lure for new companions. And I did manage to convince you to bring me with you, so +2 Persuasion for me yay!

And that'd be cool! Even cooler than the first three bites of a chill berry. We'll be cheering you for those fantastic lores. Go Svasra! S-V-A-S-R-A GOOO SVASRA! :3

To our lovely Storyteller: Oh benevolent and all-encompassing Valkyrie, please give Svasra the lores to teach her humble friends how to ride horsies. Please hear us. We have cake.
Silarial
Well... that happened.

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Valkyrie on February 12th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Lol I will do my best but I can only give so much experience in one thread. Silarial had a good idea that Svasra could teach as much as she knows and then maybe the three of you could do some experimenting together. That way Svasra could get teaching experience and riding experience. :)

You can always get an NPC to help you if you need be as well.
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on April 14th, 2013, 6:28 pm

Hi!

I'm leaving for the Spires at the end of the season, (though it might be postponed... idk) and I was hoping someone could join me ^-^

I'm still not sure if it's going to be temporary, or permanent, or if I'm just going to go around and explore mizahar... not really sure!

I'm ok with going alone, but it would be awesome if some one would join me on my little adventure.

Also, the Spires aren't THAT far away, so it would be quite simple to just go there for a season, then come back or something ^-^

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Una Tanta on May 15th, 2013, 5:28 am

I'd really like to do a thread in a tavern of some kind where the citizens of Avanthal can gather and share stories to boost the general mood of the city after the terrible winter. I'm just finishing my CS but should be done by tomorrow to set it up.

Is anyone interested in participating or have any ideas for this?

I'm worried I'll post a new thread and be left without anyone interested >_< meep
Una Tanta
Be The "One Day"

Words: 371301
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2013, 2:11 am
Race: Charoda
Character sheet
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

Next