The Spot

A small tavern in the business of connecting employers with workers for odd jobs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Spot

Postby Amolina on June 8th, 2013, 10:53 am

Intelligencer Needed

5th of Summer 513 AV
Amolina Moletta was looking for a temporary job again. This forced her to visit The Spot, a place she didn't like overly much. It seemed to be a tavern where suspect people would feel at home.

But it was hard to find jobs these days. That babysitter job she had seen ealier, for instance, had seemed to be easy case and well paid, but she had been too late to see that one.

But there was a note saying "Intelligencer Needed". Gather some intelligence ? She decided to ask about that one instead. Quickly, and hoping the job was still free, she snatched the note and went over to the barkeep.

"Is this job still free? In that case I'd like take it on."

OOCInoadar want's revenge for having been robbed and made a fool of. Seems there will be H*** to pay ... We agreed to let the characters meet again in job threads from The Spot - if that's okay.
Last edited by Amolina on June 11th, 2013, 11:15 am, edited 6 times in total.
Amolina
Player

Words: 327287
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Spot

Postby Rayage on June 9th, 2013, 3:24 pm

Summer 85 513 AV

Rayage wandered into the Spot. There were many things that changed with Rays absence in Ravok, many things were different and this job board was one of them. Change had a way of ushering in new opportunity, opportunity that was otherwise left unfulfilled. It had only been a day or two since her arrival and she had yet to find a new body. She needed one badly, but perhaps not more than she needed some actual money. Which is what drew her here in the first place.

Spying the job listing and going straight towards them she wasted no time in getting down to business. Her eyes looked over the listings and she frowned. There were hardly any jobs that she could do with some amount of competence. However, one caught her attention in particular. There was a missing child. The nuit thought about how the parents and the loved ones might feel. She could not imagine losing a child herself. Perhaps it was because she could not have one? This fact made the nuit less sympathetic, but more determined to return the lost child. It had been up for quite some time most likely and she thought it said something about the city that the job had not been claimed until now. There was little hope that the child was still alive, but perhaps she could give whoever posted this closure in knowing exactly the fate of their child.

Taking the notice from the board she made her way over to the barkeep, ”I’d like to investigate this inquiry.” she said placing the notice on the bar as she patiently waited for any and all information afforded to her. ”Im Rayage, by the way.”

OOC: Want to count the job as 'Service'
x
“Method is more important than strength, when you wish to control your enemies. By dropping golden beads near a snake, a crow once managed to have a passer-by kill the snake for the beads.” ~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Image Image Image
Rayage
Sahova All-Star

Words: 980399
Joined roleplay: February 5th, 2011, 9:40 pm
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Thread (1) Lore Author (1)
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Spot

Postby Doros on June 9th, 2013, 7:10 pm

3rd day of Summer, 513AV.

Doros was idle. Too idle for an Isur. He was no citizen in Ravok, and by then he had already learned of the implications of it, no employment. But a new kind of service was available for those interested, or so he had heard. Just a name involved, no contact between contractor and contracted, simple jobs one could earn a living with. Apparently this was not common before some sort of incident in the city, and that was a fortunate coincidence for the Isur. He hoped he could get his hands busy before solving his situation with the city government.

The Spot was both a boat and a tavern, two things Doros was not much fond of. But being in a floating city was getting him used to the idea of having some wood planks separate him from a bottomless pool of water, and he had learned before that taverns were a good place for foreigners to get information about the community, and a good place to get work as well this time.

The barmaid directed him to a board with several stickied notes upon questioned about the "jobs", and Doros went there to take a look. He hoped to find something for a blacksmith in the board, but soon enough he figured out that most jobs concerned something illegal. He could not take the risk of getting involved into illegal affairs again, especially not that soon since having arrived in the city. He already had enough ugly looks from people on his direction for not being human in a place as Ravok, they would not hesitate on doing the worst to him if he got caught doing anything wrong.

Soon enough he stumbled upon a note saying "Blacksmith needed". Finally something suitable. The Common alphabet was still quite foreign to him, and he surely had a trouble dealing with ink and quills himself, but the calligraphy was fine and the letters easy enough to read. Someone needed some iron windows, and the pay was good. He pulled the note and went back to ask the bartender about the job. It's just some iron bars, my basic smithing abilities may be a bit rusty as of late, but that's nothing I can't handle.

"Hello, I am interested on this job of forging iron bars for a window," he said with his cold Isurian accent while pointing to the note with his green hand, expecting some kind of answer, and perhaps more information on the task.

OOCOkay, I am assuming that the old untaken jobs from Spring are still available in Summer. I'm sorry if that's expired already.
Last edited by Doros on June 11th, 2013, 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Doros
Player

Words: 7702
Joined roleplay: February 2nd, 2013, 2:30 am
Race: Isur
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Spot

Postby Amolina on June 11th, 2013, 7:44 am

~ Amolina Moletta ~

~ 3rd day of Spring 513 AV, evening ~

Dizzy, queasy, feverish she walked into The Spot, trying to act like everything was just fine. The dark mask she wore and the make up beneath it concealed the paleness of her face.

You don't rob a posion maker's shop without consequences. She had done the job and delivered Ino Vations ledger to the altar in the Temple of the Black Sun, but it had left her poisoned, with Rhysol knew what evil crap she had happened to touch while she searched the poison shop.

It had taken time to get to The Spot. She had been too queasy to catch a ravontala from the temple at once and too queasy to walk fast once she reached the Docks.

Now she could only hope the employer had been quicker than her, and barkeep already knew the deed was done and would pay her... she walked over to him. "I was told to contact you about the payment for an acquisition."
OOCHanding in the Job Aquisition, done by Inoadar and me

On the Books
Amolina
Player

Words: 327287
Joined roleplay: March 20th, 2013, 8:07 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

The Spot

Postby Verilian on June 11th, 2013, 4:10 pm

Miro

If Bohir was disturbed by Miro's face he.. well, he did show it, but it was obvious that he was trying not to. The look of surprise on the man's face was impossible to hide when Miro approached, however, he quickly recovered and nodded to the strange man before taking the slip. Mizas were mizas. Unless his clients specified that someone of a particular race or.. whatever Miro was could not do the job, he wasn't going to be picky about it.

"Let's see... I'll need a name to put down in the ledger," the bartender said as he took the piece of paper and opened up his large book.

It did not take him long to flip to the page he needed. It was almost as if he knew exactly where it was, and maybe he did. Inside was one of the usual folded parchments that most of the jobs came with, which he quickly handed over to Miro once a name was given, trying to avoid actual contact as much as possible. After he was done, the bartender waited only a moment to see if Miro needed anything more before returning to his other patrons.

The Job :
This job involves a novice summoner attending the Institute of Higher Learning, who is trying to perform a summoning experiment to impress his instructor. He needs a glyphter to help with setting everything up, and preparing any magical defenses and stuff like that. Feel free to be creative, and feel free to make things go terribly wrong if you desire. The parchment will grant you a temporary pass into the Institute, and you'll be performing the experiment in a vacant classroom.

Irriari

Bohir eyed the zith cautiously. She was not the first he had seen before, but he still did not trust him. She seemed to speak the common language well enough, however, which meant she must have spent enough time around humans to learn at least a little civility.

"Can't say I much know what a Yukman is either, but if ya think you can take em, then the job's yours. Just need a name to put down."

Bohir pulled out his large ledger, flipping over to the correct page, and jotting down whatever name Irriari gave him. He then handed her a slip of paper. If she asked, he would even read it to her.

The Job :
This job is very simple. A group of yukman (maybe 5-10, whatever you think you can handle) has been spotted along the southern shore of the lake, near the Southern Trading Post. Eliminate them, and return to the spot for your reward.

Marxander

Bohir nodded and opened up the ledger once more, jotting something down. It probably just said that Marx had completed the job, but he didn't bother showing it to her or explaining it to her.

"Wait here just a moment."

Bohir disappeared into a back room, staying gone for no more than two or three chimes, before he returned with a small pouch, which he plopped down on the bar in front of Marxander. It clinked with the telltale sound of Mizas.

"It's all there, but count it if you like."

Reward :
60 Gold Mizas

Wrenmae

The bartender coughed.. just a little cough, but it might have made Wrenmae wonder if it was his own doing, or if it was just a little cough. Either way, nothing more happened, and the bartender did not even notice. He took the slip and gave it a glance before pulling out the large book that detailed all the jobs up for grabs.

"Just give me a name, and the job is yours. Details will be in the envelope."

Once Wrenmae gave Bohir a name, Bohir gave him an envelope with instructions inside. After that, unless Wrenmae needed anything else, Bohir returned to his work.

The Job :
Okay, as per the norm for level one jobs at The Spot, you get to make up most of the details. You already know the job is for one night, from midnight until sunrise. It is going to involve a man from the Nitrozian family going to some seedy place in the docks for a shady business meeting. Feel free to make up details, and if anything goes wrong. If you give me something interesting to work with, it may very well turn into another quest in the future. Return to The Spot for your reward.

Amelia

Bohir took the paper and quickly looked it over, nodding his head before heading into the back to retrieve Amelia's mizas. When he returned, he dropped the small sack on the table before jotting something down in his ledger. As to her question, he waited to respond until he was done with everything regarding her first job.

"Nothin about fortune telling that I know of right now.. as fer not gettin dirty, you'll have to go check the board yourself on that. People have different ideas of what is and isn't dirty... but I can't really think of any off the top of my head."

Reward :
40 Gold Mizas

Assilsa

When Assilsa eventually made her way over to the bar to officially ask for her job, Bohir eyed her curiously as he flipped open the large ledger that contained all of the job info. He wasn't sure what kind of parent would trust their child to some random person from the spot.. but the pay was well, and he was surprised nobody had picked up on it sooner.

"I'll just need a name and the job is yours."

Once Bohir had the symenestra's name he flipped the ledger shut and slipped Assilsa the paper with the information on it.

The Job :
Okay.. so, this job is pretty straightforward. It's a babysitting gig for a fairly wealthy man living in a nice home in the merchant district. Of course.. the catch is, the child is a 2 year old half zith from hell! If the thread doesn't involve dealing with the worst child imaginable (plus claws), then I wont count it. It looks like a simple job, but there is a reason he's paying 100gm for it. Give me something entertaining.

Inoadar

Bohir did take a moment to consider Inoadar's request. He already knew the man had completed three jobs.. that was enough to warrant a try at one of the harder ones, he supposed. The job he wanted wasn't exactly on the up and up, but really, that wasn't Bohir's problem. He simply posted adds, there were no legal ties back to him. His arrangement with the Ebonstryfe was sound, and he was well liked by them.

"Well, I guess there's no harm in giving you a chance, right? This client requires some discretion, of course.. and, you may have to get your hands dirty. But that's not my problem, it's yours. Just giving you fair warning."

Bohir pulled out his book, the same book he always pulled out, which explained why it was so big if it actually contained all the jobs. He flipped to a page as usual, and jotted down Inoadar's name before handing him a sealed parchment and shutting the book closed. If there was nothing else, Bohir would return to work as usual.

The Job :
Alright, this one doesn't require my moderation. I'll give you the go ahead to do what needs to be done in order to complete it (within reason). On the paper, all it says is a location in the Docks. If Inoadar goes there, he will meet a Nuit (details left up to you.) The nuit has a specific taste in bodies, and is in need of a new one. I'll leave the details up to you, but it needs to be something specific. Not just any random old body, but specific hair color, features, height, or whatever. And of course the body will need to be in good condition, and relatively new, or if not new, very well preserved. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Amonlina

3rd day of Spring 513 AV

Bohir gave Amonlina an odd look, perhaps wondering why she was acting so funny. Was she drunk? It didn't really matter to him, though. The job was done, and all he had to do was hand over the payment. Disappearing to the back for a few chimes, Bohir soon returned with a sack that presumably contained gold mizas.

"It's all there. Feel free to count it if you like. I'll mark that you completed the job in the ledger."

Reward :
80 Gold Mizas

5th of Summer 513 AV

Bohir took the job and flipped open his ledger as usual. It was indeed still available. Since he already had Amonlina's name, he quickly jotted it down, remembering her from before just like he remembered everybody else. It was part of his job, and he was good at it.

"The job's still free, and consider it yours. Here's the info."

The Job :
This is actually kind of funny.. you picked the one job that was actually the continuation of the plot between Marcus and Inoadar. He doesn't even know I put this up, actually. Okay, so, the paper Amolina is given says to meet at the House of Immortal Pleasures and ask for a man named "Lush." He is the one who will give you the details of the job.

So.. this thread actually probably wont involve Inoadar directly. It involves Marcus Ahysen again, and he'll be PMing you shortly.

Rayage

Bohir nodded and took the slip from the Nuit. Rayage was not the first of her kind in Ravok, and Bohir was familiar enough with the creatures, even if he wasn't overly fond of them. His business, however, did not discriminate against anybody, and all were welcome.

"Right then, let me just get the info. And good luck with this one. I hope you find the kid."

Bohir flipped through his book right to the page that apparently had the information on the job. He jotted down Rayage's name, before handing the Nuit a letter written by the parents of the missing child.

The Job :
As with most jobs at the Spot, the exact details of the job are up to you. Basically, the child went missing on a trip to the southern shore of the lake. The parents have been unable to find her, and the Ebonstryfe has already labeled the child as a lost cause. You can decide whether she is alive or dead.. or whether or not she is a he or she, I keep saying she for some reason, but that doesn't really matter. Creativity comes with the possibility of future quests or extra reward. As usual, return to the spot to claim your payment.

Doros

Bohir took a look at the slip before nodding to the Isur and pulling out his ledger. He had a great deal of respect for Isur, one of his good friends being a member of the Valdinox family, and so unlike many in Ravok, Doros would get no nasty looks from Bohir unless he deserved them.

"Good to see someone interested in some honest work. My name's Bohir. What'll I put down for you?"

Once he had a name, Bohir handed Doros a parchment with the job details on it. It was simple enough, and once their business was done, Bohir went back to serving the other guests.

The Job :
Okay, this one is pretty simple and straightforward. Somebody needs iron bars made. They've got a small for you to work with somewhere in the docks, and all the supplies you need. You just show up, make the bars, then return to The Spot for payment.

A Note to Everybody

Please take a look at the chart on the front page and make sure I've recorded all of your jobs. If I missed anything, send me a PM and let me know. Thanks!
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

The Spot

Postby Amelia Cross on June 13th, 2013, 12:49 pm

Amelia found the response of the barman reasonable. Not to mention, her thought of a job was highly vague. She followed the advice and soon enough found herself by the board. As usual, it was a man or two scouting across it as well. But from the built of them she could see that they, probably were looking for some metal smith work, or something else that required a lot of work.

As she examined the offers of job, she noticed that the board was a lot emptier than before, making her frown a bit. Since she couldn’t find anything that could fit under fortune telling. The jobs left weren’t much of her…thing. But she managed to find one that was particularly interesting, a rare herb that is needed. She would potentially get dirty, but how hard could it be to find a flower?

Amelia toke the slip of paper off the board, pushing the big men aside as she did. Coming back to the bartender she announced ”I found something, the job ‘rare herb needed’…what are the details of that one?”

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The Spot

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 15th, 2013, 12:39 pm

2nd Day of Summer 513
Assilsa almost stumbled into the spot, she gained a couple glares from that fall however she just kept walking, She finally stumbled over to the bar.
Assilsa long black hair was in a matted know, her vest was ripped and her skin was bruised in twenty different places. Looking up at the bar keeper she glared
"A Zith child!? He almost killed me!"she rasped at him,

"Heres a letter saying i completed the job! may i please get my reward?" Wipping a hand across her eyes assilsa reached into her boot and pulled out the letter placing it on bar
Job thread :
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic36155.html

OOCI hope i used right names races if not i will change it

Assilsa Curare
There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

Words: 124440
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 2:43 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

The Spot *HEIST*

Postby Kyodaija on June 16th, 2013, 3:12 pm

15th of Summer, 513 AV.

Kyo was looking for some entertainment since he got into Ravok, he was getting hungry anyway so he figured he would seek out somewhere to grab a haunch of meat. After searching for awhile down by the docks he came across a moderate sized establishment called "the spot".

He wandered on in and grabbed himself a table. A woman approached then whom appeared to be a bar wench, she had a wistful smile on her face and said "My name is Alice, what can I get for you Dear?"

Kyo looked up at her and said "I am in need of refreshment... Bring me a mug of ale and a haunch of meat... as bloody as you serve it." No longer paying any attention to the wench he looked about the room to see just what was going on in the place. It seemed ordinary enough for a bar. Though by chance he saw a man walking away from a board, paper in hand which he brought up to the barkeep. He saw them talking and overheard something about a "job" that some individual needed done.

The man wandered out the door apparently no longer needing the barkeep any further. The wench Alice brought up his meat and ale then, placing it on the table he in turn put down 5 Silver Mizas. Then with his haunch of meat in hand and ale in the other he stood up whilst walking over to this board which now had his interest. He looked the board over for some time and noted many "jobs" which were posted on it. it would appear many of them were of the shady sort and required mercenary expertise or some other illegal lines of work. He noted one that looked to be some men attempting a *Heist* on some furs a group of merchants were bringing into town.

He could use the coin and the notice indicated half the spoils would go to himself. So he pulled the notice off of the board and carried it over to the barkeep. He placed it in front of the man and said.

"I'm game for this business..." finishing his meal with one last large bite placing his bone directly on the counter in front of the barkeep. "Get me in contact with the blokes and let us be on with it."
Kyodaija
I am the predator, you are my prey...

Words: 68446
Joined roleplay: June 14th, 2013, 2:44 pm
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

The Spot

Postby Miro on June 17th, 2013, 7:21 pm

The wizard felt slightly silly not leaving his name. He gave a glance around and saw no extra attention given to him. The man flipped his book to a page and waited for a response. "The name is Miro. M-I-R-O, okay?" And quickly it was scribbled down before piece of parchment was slid out. As Miro went to reach for it, he noticed the hand that had placed it quickly retracting. It was odd, or maybe not so much, but still. The Reimancer unfolded it and ran his eyes over it a few times, trying to decide how to approach things. He hadn't any experience with the Institute, but had heard of it, and he knew what it was. He could manage without making himself stand out as a newcomer to the city.

Miro folded the parchment and placed it in his sling under his robe before reaching into his wallet and pulling out a Miza. He placed it on the table and slid it forth to the man. "Thanks, I appreciate the work." Again he looked around and made sure to keep his voice low yet audible. "Keep your eyes open for anymore jobs that might require a delicate magical touch. I would definitely be interested, and always thankful." But he did not wait to see if the man would even take the coin. Of course he would though. Whether it made any difference or not, well, that hardly mattered anyways. Reputations were not made with a single small gesture. And so he had what he came for, and it was time to head for the door.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Spot

Postby Marxander on June 19th, 2013, 3:23 pm

19th Day of Summer 513

She had once claimed a job here and now she looked for another. If there would be any chance for her and her bondmate to leave Ravok, she would need to collect more money (and perhaps not spend it on food all the time). Marx walked into the Spot, going up to the nice man and bartender that she knew as Bohir. She waved to him, letting him attend to his other customers before getting to her "Hey there Mr. Bohir! I was just coming in here for another job. I heard that some one wanted a Pest Control job done? Do you think I could get that job?" It would be an easy enough task, with lots of mizas involved. And hopefully, the buyer wouldn't need the meat, so she could bring it hope and Tallis could cook it right up. She had skinned enough animals before, though this one would be a bigger lot of animals at once, it shouldn't be too much of a problem. She'd just need to get a good knife before she headed out.
CS:http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic34653.html

"Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have Fun."

"Death cannot kill what never dies."

"You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”
Marxander
Dholian Huntress

Words: 46263
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 12:24 am
Race: Kelvic