The Spot

A small tavern in the business of connecting employers with workers for odd jobs.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

The Spot

Postby Lynaere Kaustrus on May 27th, 2013, 11:41 pm

Having wandered around Ravok for some time, Lynaere finally made it to a place that looked safe. She walked inside, took a seat, and looked around. She noticed a board on the wall, and got up to take a look. As she read through the jobs, she noticed on "Level Two" job that caught her eye.

"Bear Pelt Wanted"

Walking up to the bartender, with the thrill of having the chance to hunt in mind, Lynaere asked the bartender about the job.
Is solitude eternal? I should think not...
Lynaere Kaustrus
Constantly searching, constantly alone...

Words: 2558
Joined roleplay: May 27th, 2013, 8:19 pm
Race: Kelvic

The Spot

Postby Verilian on May 30th, 2013, 3:56 pm

Dreadfang

Right now there is an intervention on your CS. Once that has been taken care of send me a PM and I will respond to this thread.

Marxander

"Not so much applyin as you just give me a name an I give you the job," Bohir explained as he finished wiping down a mug and took the paper from her.

He reached behind the counter and pulled out a large, dusty ledger full of jobs records. When Marxander gave him her name, or something to refer to her by, Bohir flipped to a page near the back of the book. He glanced at the page, then glanced at Marx, then glanced back at the page and jotted down her name.

"This job requires some discretion. Employer wanted ta make sure I reminded you."

Bohir slipped her a sheet of folded paper before replacing the ledger and returning to his work.

The Job :
As with all the level one jobs, this job allows you to be creative in the exact details of how everything goes down. There are a few important bits though. First, you will never meet the person who you are picking up the delivery from. They'll simply leave you the package at a specific spot (you can decide that) and you are to take it to another spot. The "package" is rather large, and vaguely body shaped. The folded piece of paper will tell you not to look in the package, but if you do, you will find a dead body in very good condition. As for the rest of the details, feel free to come up with whatever you find interesting. You'll collect your reward at The Spot.

Amelia Cross

Bohir took a look at the paper Amelia handed him before reaching behind the counter and pulling out the large ledger that contained all the job information. This particular job had little to it as far as details went. Bohir handed Amelia a slip of parchment that contained what little she did need to know, before reaching for a quill.

"I'll just need your name, and the job is yours."

Once a name, any name would do technically, was given, Bohir would job it down and close the book, replacing it behind the counter. Unless Amelia wanted a drink, their business was done.

Job Details :
Okay, so for this one, there is very little info for me to give, as I said. It's mostly up to you to exercise some creative freedom here. The name of the man can be whatever you want, though he is not from one of the major Ravokian families, and his fortune can be whatever you want as well. Oh, he does live in the Noble District, in a pretty nice house. The rest if up to you to decide.

Lynaere Kaustrus

Right now there is an intervention on your CS. Once that has been taken care of send me a PM and I will respond to this thread.
Forecast for tonight... Dark
-----
Wind Reach---Wind Reach Lore---WR Request Thread
Verilian
Retired Staff

Words: 1113582
Joined roleplay: December 23rd, 2010, 9:53 pm
Race: Staff account
Storyteller secrets
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Contributor (1) Trailblazer (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

The Spot

Postby Miro on June 1st, 2013, 7:41 pm

72nd day of Summer, 513 AV

Miro had come to learn of a place where one could find some decent work. "The Spot", he had heard it called. Vague enough, in title at least. His directions were just as vague though. Apparently something like that was not definite enough for one to be sure. Not that one needed directions, for the Ravosalamen were quite talented in delivering one any which way with certainty. And for such an excellent service, the wizard was always willing to give a decent tip. As told, he indeed recognized it on sight, for the location was a boat. Odd structure to an odd name. He was not quite sure why it was named so, for the spot where it was located varied so. All of that aside, he came upon this place with reason held in mind. Ravok was a curious city, and one needing deciphering. Understanding what work needed to be done in the city meant that he could witness the happenings within it. And also to find a bit of excitement and a few Miza in his pocket. If also he could find some lead, then he would really be cooking with fire Reimancy.

And so the Reimancer entered the establishment with some form of subtle grace. It was not uncommon for him to draw attention, with the way his face was, arm too, but he did not pay mind. Even when he caught glances being gifted to him, they were put in his pocket with no remark. The tavern-like setting was hardly his forte, though it was indeed expected. To drink where you get your work, it was so very Ravokian. If only the undead could partake, indeed he would. Perhaps compete in a friendly competition, though there would be no point. In this place, he could be nothing but pariah, at least for now. The Mask of Many donning his face at all times, few would see past it. What freak would wear such a gruesome face at all times? At least he knew his place, and that he could get a job done. Before long the face would have a reputation to go along with it, and a goal made known. The first step however was to make a splash. The job board was a wall lined with the tasks assorted into different categories. That alone was a bit of information.

The category that stood out the most was one marked illegal. The others were interesting enough as well, some seeming more up the wizard's alley. Sadly there was not one for magic, but that did not mean there were no jobs related to it. One under the category of service stood out, requesting assistance in Glyphing. It would give good pay, use a talent he was proud of, and it would give him a reputation for doing so. The Chained One tore the posted request from the wall and headed towards the barkeep with arm raised towards the sky. "Barkeep, I've found a suiting job." Miro placed the paper on the table and brushed his hair back. He hoped that despite his appearance and actions he would still find service. "What can you tell me about this one?" It took all he had not to flash a nervous grin and reveal inhuman fangs.
Miro
Not quite Nuit, just a little undead.

Words: 1238727
Joined roleplay: May 15th, 2011, 7:52 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Spot

Postby Irriari on June 4th, 2013, 2:59 am

4th Day of Summer, 513 AV
Irriari had heard mention of the Spot late in the springtime while she was recuperating from her fight with Aello. The patrons of Tarsin’s Boarding House had gathered in the small common area and discussed the jobs they had accepted and completed. A large woman in a threadbare dress complained that the Spot didn’t have jobs for a woman of her refined skills.

The other patrons laughed dismissively and discussed what they would do would their hard earned mizas. After a few bells the large group had decided to go to the Silver Sliver for a celebratory pint of ale. Ironic, considering the fact their good fortune had come from another tavern.

When Irriari entered the ship, she moved quickly to the back of the tavern. Ships made the zith uneasy, and she wanted nothing more than to find the job board and get back onto dry land. She motioned over an auburn haired serving girl and pointed at the board.

“Are there any jobs here that involve hunting or interrogation?”

The serving girl sighed and quickly scanned the scraps of paper. It was clearly not the first time she had been beckoned over to the board.

“There’s one here for hunting… says something a group of Yukman that need to be dealt with. Will that one work? I’m not seeing anything about interrogation.”

Irriari nodded, thanked the girl, and grabbed the small slip of paper. The bar was a short walk away, and the zith presented it to the owner.

“I’d like to sign up for this job. I don’t really know what a Yukman is, but I’m sure I can handle them.”

Active thread count: 8/8
Irriari
Blood and Poison

Words: 374003
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2011, 10:57 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Zith
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (1)
Overlored (1) Advocate (1)
Donor (1)

The Spot

Postby Marxander on June 4th, 2013, 12:13 pm

"Not so much applyin as you just give me a name an I give you the job," Bohir explained as he finished wiping down a mug and took the paper from her.

He reached behind the counter and pulled out a large, dusty ledger full of jobs records. When Marxander gave him her name, or something to refer to her by, Bohir flipped to a page near the back of the book. He glanced at the page, then glanced at Marx, then glanced back at the page and jotted down her name.

"This job requires some discretion. Employer wanted ta make sure I reminded you."

Bohir slipped her a sheet of folded paper before replacing the ledger and returning to his work.

She nodded off, already opening the piece of paper "Alright, thank you sir. I'll back soon." With that, she left to go complete this mysterious job.
CS:http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic34653.html

"Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have Fun."

"Death cannot kill what never dies."

"You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”
Marxander
Dholian Huntress

Words: 46263
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 12:24 am
Character sheet

The Spot

Postby Marxander on June 4th, 2013, 1:40 pm

Special Delievery Job done here: http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic35541.html

Marx, a little less wet now, and hungry for her money, strolled back into the Spot. She approached the man known as Bohir "Package has been delivered, all nice and pretty and discreet." She announced to him, proud. Through her mind, she thought of the food she was going to buy. Lots of meats for sure. Maybe something for dessert to go with it. She hoped that tonight, with her bondmate would go excellently.

If she were a Dhole right now, she would be wagging her tail in delight.
CS:http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic34653.html

"Live Fast. Die Young. Be Wild. Have Fun."

"Death cannot kill what never dies."

"You can cry and close your mind,
be empty and turn your back.
Or you can do what she'd want:
smile, open your eyes, love and go on.”
Marxander
Dholian Huntress

Words: 46263
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 12:24 am
Character sheet

The Spot

Postby Wrenmae on June 5th, 2013, 8:04 pm

2nd day of Summer, 513 AV

Stepping through the door, Wrenmae paused on the threshold. The Spot was little different from many other taverns he'd been in before. There, against the wall, the same shifty patrons interchangeable from others in cities across the whole of Mizahar. There was always one with a hood, always a woman who was too pretty not to be a whore in a dive like this, and then the thick-neck sailors, always sailors regardless of a port, who talked in loud tones and slurred tongues that might as well have been gibberish.

Someone mentioned this place might be good to find a job.

Pausing at the posting board, he tore a paper off the wall and set it down on the bar table. He smiled at the bartender, pushing it across.

"A bodyguard for a night . If you wouldn't mind, what are the details behind this one?"

Last edited by Wrenmae on June 6th, 2013, 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Spot

Postby Amelia Cross on June 5th, 2013, 9:10 pm

[1st day of summer 513.a.v.]
[The Dock area]
[The Spot]
[Early morning]

Amelia seemed to constantly forget that she had to come back to “The Spot” in order to finish her job officially and get her payment. But for some reason, her guilt of not telling the man the complete truth, it prevented her from coming and claiming the money. She wasn’t sure, maybe she should have told him the truth? Well, one way or the other, he believes what she told him. And now, she was already coming closer to the bar.

”Hello, I finished my job” she said sliding the envelope from her customer over to the bartender. ”Do you happen to have any other jobs, fitting the line of fortune telling? Or maybe some services not involving...getting dirty?” she asked. Realizing that if each job paid this well, she could earn more doing these job than the ones on the streets.

Above all, this place seemed to feel...at home for the fortune teller. Maybe she could even attempt and start working here? Well, for now those were just plans.

the job thread :
http://www.mizahar.com/forums/topic35213.html

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

The Spot

Postby Assilsa Curare on June 8th, 2013, 2:59 am

1st of Summer 513 av
Assilsa giggled as the boat inn rocked, how she loved the water.
The news around town was this was a place to get miza's. Which she desperately needed. looking at her money pouch she counted thirteen GM and a few SM.Assilsa looked around, everyone seems to be crowded around the bar and around a notice bored

"must be the jobs"
she muttered to herself. smiling as she half skipped half walked oover to the crowd
"Excuse me!"
"Please Let me through!"

No matter how much she asked they wouldn't let her through. Frowning she put her hands on her hips. Assilsa hissed slightly, only four humans backed away. She couldn't push through because of her fragile frame, could she crawl?
"Please let me through, im a symenestra...Weak bones..."
she almost pleaded with the pushing crowd. A small piece of paper slide past the crowd and landed at Assilsa's feet, she bent over to pick it up

"Babysitter needed...I could do that...Oh wow! 100GM"
she read aloud, she laughed and skipped up to the bar.Beaming she set the card down on the bar

Last edited by Assilsa Curare on June 8th, 2013, 11:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Assilsa Curare
There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

Words: 124440
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 2:43 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

The Spot

Postby Inoadar on June 8th, 2013, 6:34 am

2nd day of Summer, 513

Inoadar entered with a little more eagerness than usual. It was possible this would be a day of increased status for him at 'The Spot'. He had been limited to the jobs on only a single board thus far. When first he'd asked about the other boards, the barmaid, Alice, had told him the other boards were 'for proven patrons only' and had told him to be patient, with that soft pat on the cheek and the teasing pursed lips she so regularly employed. He had not complained and had done a trio of jobs from that board.

Now, it has long been a wide-reaching social tenet that "the third time's the charm". So, after his third job, a fairly gruesome bit of interrogation that he had taken particular satisfaction in, he had broached the subject with Bohir. The barkeep had told him to check with him the next time he came in. Inoadar knew that he didn't mean that he was going to leave the bar and go back to the board with him to discuss it, so he took a moment to scan the current tasks and found one that seemed pretty straightforward. He brought it up to the bar and ordered his usual ale, passing the card to the man, along with the mizas for the drink.

The card read "Body Needed". There was no indication of live capture being required, and Inoadar had left more than one body in his wake. Killing had always been quicker and easier than capturing, by his reckoning. Bohir appeared to give a moments thought between his usual wiping of glasses and pouring of drinks.

"Just checkin' in, Boss." Inoadar stated simply, giving a casual salute with his mug.
I would prefer you called me "Nolan Parnell"...In fact, I insist.

CS - + - New Ino Vations - + - Scrapbook - + - NMSS - + - Ravok Codex - + - FAQ - + - Travel Times
Inoadar
Still at Large

Words: 1029689
Joined roleplay: June 5th, 2012, 6:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

PreviousNext