Completed [Fighters Pit] Kisetukai, The Power Magnet

K tosses around some people at the common man's training grounds and gets disrespectful. Can anyone take him down?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

[Fighters Pit] Kisetukai, The Power Magnet

Postby Razkar on May 27th, 2013, 7:03 pm

"Your woman. You say that like she's been gone for some time. You must miss her terribly. Is that why you're travelling through here?"

That prompted a sad smile from the Myrian (though, frankly, it could have been the needle), but she could see it was tinged with an affection that bespoke of something more precious: hope.

"She has been, and I do. More than you can imagine. But she is walking her path as I am mine; when we decided to leave, we both knew that they would not be the same. Her way is one of... the mind, I suppose. Intellect. Learning and knowledge and broadening what that may be. Me?"

He snorted softly and gestured to himself as if it were the most obvious thing in the world. The myriad of tattoos and scars, the fresh wounds and the blades on the harness planted next to him.

"I walk a different path. Strange and wonderful, is it not, that two so different can still love so deeply..."

The thought was a pleasant one, and memories of his beloved numbed him yet more as he finished with the gashes on his shoulder. The one on his chest, though... he could get away with just bandaging it, he supposed. He rifled in his kit for the roll, sighed at how pathetically thin it was becoming...

And then the mood darkened.

"Yes. I've been....Stuck. Here. For two years."

Razkar's fingers paused around the roll when she spoke, but they did not still. Only a fool would miss the pain making her voice tremble, and when he turned to her, the guilt writ large on her features...

She was not there. She should have been, but she was far from her people. Traitor. Deyhan.

The male shook his head furiously, dispelling such pointless, hateful thoughts. Myrians were under siege in their own home, did they really need to be hating each other in the barbarian lands? Did she know what would befall their land in her absence? Of course not. The Storm swept across the world with barely anyone knowing it would happen, and certainly no Children of Myri.

"You didn't know," he said, blunt but oddly neutral. She didn't, after all. "It was over in a day, female. There was... little that could have been done by anyone."

"You were there. You saw. Didn't you?"

His hands stopped. Black eyes glazed over as memories far worse and unwanted boiled forth from the dark corners of his mind. The present seemed to... mute. Walk away from him and the roll of bandages became distant in his hands. He wasn't really seeing it anymore...

He saw the night become an inferno of colors, impossible formations of cloud and lightning that made the horizon a realm of chaos for hours.

Hundreds of Myrians wandering the streets of Taloba, blind, screaming, begging, minds shattered as sure as their white, sightless eyes.

Dozens of Tskanna, the most gentle beasts he had ever known, transformed into insane, lumbering beserkers, trampling and ravaging swaths of the city.

The jungle becoming a roiling nightmare of snapping vines and bloodthirsty animals as even Caiyha seemed to be driven mad by the rampant djed.

All of that cut Taloba deeply. But it was all but a taste of the horror suffered at the Zinrah Blockade... where Ayatah was stationed.

Razkar blinked, hard, crows feet becoming stark as he crushed his lids together and forced the images back into their hole. A shifting next to him, concern radiating from the female... and a tight smile struck his face.

"Yes. And let us leave it at that."

His hands sputtered back into life and he began winding the thin, absorbent material around his chest.

"Another time, perhaps. Anyway... what drew you to this land? Two years, you say?" He snorted, smile returning and something of his former good mood returning. "Long time to be among the barbarians..."
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kaie on May 27th, 2013, 7:45 pm

]
Kaie

The pain Razkar seemed to feel after hearing her question, she could see as only a Myrian could. His unrolling of the wrap had stopped and he was no longer with her. His eyes did not see the arena or his bloodied skin. She knew he was watching it, all of it. Repeatedly seeing whatever terrors befell their home. Kaie hated herself in that moment, not really just for bringing him back to that time, but for being absent in the first place. Nothing was impossible. She could have found a way out of Sylira back to Taloba. Raised the funds or stolen them, starved if she had to. Just to cross that grassland on foot or practically drown herself trying to swim across the sea. She could have....Somehow. Maybe he was right, that there was little anyone could have done. Those were her people though. That was her city. Myri was her Goddess-Queen and she failed each of them. Simply by not finding a way to get home.

"Yes. And let us leave it at that."

She nodded once to show her agreement, knowing well enough they were tormented by their thoughts as it was. Distantly, she couldn't help but feel that dread deeper within her. So often she was a spirit of perseverance that the thought never occurred to her that her life in Taloba may be wounded. How could she have been such a fool to think there was no possibility her own had no casualties? But who....

"Another time, perhaps. Anyway... what drew you to this land? Two years, you say?"

Kaie hadn't even realized her gaze had dropped to stare intently at the dust that made up the ground. His words were like a blessing, tearing her from her own head again and back to the present. Out of worry at least for now. Her skull snapped up to look at him directly again, smoothing herself over mentally to return to the conversation. Lifting her head, her pools caught the sunlight with vigor. The pigments appeared like they altered color by the trick of the sun, changing the brown to a vibrant amber.

"Long time to be among the barbarians..."

His smile caused her to return one as well. Lips curling up on one side in a pretty, crooked kind of grin. As awful as the turn of events that lead her here were, she found she was best at developing a twisted sort of humor to compensate. It made it easier to talk about though she'd never disclose his story with anyone but this Razkar.

"My father found "work" out here. As a kid, the barbarian lands seemed like this... Mystery. A challenge even. Like all the other Myrians my age, I dreamed of coming out here and cutting throats for the Goddess-Queen. After my blooding, my father finally agreed to take me with him. Just a short visit before he took me back and we assumed life as usual. But Myri had other plans." She said easily, looking down toward the end to play with the tiger fang she wore around her neck. Her fingers felt the sharpness of the end, twisting and turning the tooth absently.She looked up again at him cocking an eyebrow with a playful expression. Fires seemed to dance in her eyes, flickering here and there like choreographed dancers. Blazing in her irises against a black backdrop.

"Dira met us northeast of Kenash. Staying in barbarian lands more than several months was never my intention. Two years has been a curse, Razkar."
[/framepic]

Last edited by Kaie on July 1st, 2013, 2:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kaie
Player

Words: 1635197
Joined roleplay: May 9th, 2013, 3:13 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Featured Character (1) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1) Riverfall Seasonal Challenge (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Razkar on May 27th, 2013, 9:11 pm

"Dira met us northeast of Kenash. Staying in barbarian lands more than several months was never my intention. Two years has been a curse, Razkar."

He turned at the sadness choking her voice, eyes drawn swiftly to the rotating fang between her fingers. Obviously a gift... and given the way she was caressing it, one that served as both reminder and talisman for her. Razkar smiled. He felt the same way with his weapons, both of them named for his parents.

"May he return to strength or serve with honor." He said, speaking an old blessing from their jungle. The souls of Myrians either returned to the bodies of babes, according to an ancient arrangement between Myri and Dira, or served eternally in her Shadow Guard. "I lost my mother in... something similar."

Razkar snorted briefly in bemused surprise, getting to his feet slowly but steadily. His chest is new bisected from side to side by a slash of white, already soaking through with blood, but thick enough for it not to be a problem. Just one change, he guesses, and the skin will close.

"Strange... there was a time even... picturing what happened to her would have..." he shrugged, reaching for his harness "... well, it wouldn't have been pretty. But now? I can accept it. One must, I suppose. The living die, 'tis the way of existence... but our kind, we do not abhor the dead, nor lament them overly. I... learned that late."

With many a wince and fumble, the leather straps crisscrossing his chest were hauled back into place, kukri across his chest, lakan and dagger at his back, gladius and hand ax on his hip. He patted them fondly and smiled at his new friend.

"I must go, mistress. More to do. But... if you should wish to see me again, look for me here, or at the Docks. A Myrian in Syliras..." he smiled at her one last time, nodding his farewell "... we're not hard to find. May Myri guide your hand..."

She spoke once more, finishing the aged and worn farewell for their people: "And Dira your blades."

Razkar bowed and turned on his heel, heading for the shadowy archway and the blinding sunlight of the street beyond it. He smiled in quiet satisfaction at the extra weight on his belt and the new names and faces he had gathered into his mind.

A fight won. Money earned Lessons taught. Wisdom imparted. He shook his head in surprise at the last two, which were... probably not part of his grand plan.

You came here looking to make your name, and you did... as a bloody teacher-

"Oi!"

Definitely not the way he was used to be addressed, and when Razkar turned to face the voice his hand went immediately to his gladius. Even when he saw the speaker, it stayed there. Gerard, the apparent owner-cum-ringmaster of the Pit, strode towards him with... a bag of mizas?

"Yes?"

"Gift from a fan," Gerard muttered with more than a slight trace of jealousy, gesturing over his shoulder, "Said you're to take it as a... 'sign of appreciation'."

Razkar followed the gesture and his eyes settled on a familiar hooded figure, set apart from the rest of the detritus milling around the Pit. He still couldn't make out his eyes, but the Myrian knew that the figure was staring right back at him... and inclined his head slightly.

Just the hint of a smile. The merest quirking of his lips. Razkar nodded back, opening the purse and finding dozens of gold coins inside. An eyebrow raised briefly. Evidently a man who could afford his services...

"Tell... fan," he said, choosing his words carefully and in fact borrowing Gerard's, "That gift is appreciated." His voice hardened somewhat, something guarded coming into it. "But gift is gift, not... payment. If he want something more, I will be happy to meet." His gaze flickered back to the enigmatic figure, then to Gerard. "Another time."

With that he pocketed the extra purse and turned away, waiting after several strides before a smile cracked his features.

"The Fates are strange..."

The Myrian walked through the shadows and into the sun, then vanished.

Reciept:Gift From Edrianus: 90gm

Eri gave me permission to take that gold as a sort of sign of the vantha's appreciation for Razkar's efforts, and to god-mod his character a tad to get that through.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Radiant on July 3rd, 2013, 6:16 am

Kisetukai :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Boxing +3 XP
Unarmed Combat +2 XP
Brawling +1 XP
Acrobatics +1 XP
Intimidation +1 XP
Observation +2 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Philosophy +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Commoners will be commoners
Declaring a challenge
Realizing my own arrogance
Desperation attacks
A loss and a wounded pride
Refusing Sigrun's help
Given up upon by Sigrun

Loots

Sigrun Dominic :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Weapon: Cutlass +3 XP
Brawling +2 XP
Endurance +2 XP
Acrobatics +1 XP
Intimidation +2 XP
Observation +3 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Philosophy +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Razkar Of The Shorn Skulls: Myrian Warrior
Kisetukai: Arrogant Shyke
Combat: Parrying And Maneuvering
Combat: Everything Can Be Used As A Weapon
Combat: Crotch, A Male's Weakness
Philosophy: A Trapped 'Wolf' Will Die Without Help

Razkar :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Unarmed Combat +4 XP
Brawling +2 XP
Wrestling +1 XP
Acrobatics +3 XP
Teaching +4 XP
Rhetoric +4 XP
Philosophy +3 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Medicine +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Challenge accepted and triumphed
Betting on myself
Tactic: Using walls as springboards
Meeting a fellow kin in a barbarian city
Mentoring Sigrun, a barbarian female
Fighting a blade with fists
I'm a missionary?
Kaie of the Cutthroat Shadows: fellow child of Myri
Kaie's tragic history
An gift from a 'fan'

Loots
+40 GM from winning a bet
+90 GM from Eridanus' gift

Kaie :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +3 XP
Socialization +3 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Storytelling +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Too many damn pacifists in Syliras
Meeting a fellow kin in a barbarian city
Welcome to the jungle
Observing Razkar mentoring a barbarian woman
Razkar of the Shorn Skulls: fellow child of Myri
Razkar's woman is a scholarly Myrian
Djed Storm in Taloba: I should have been there

Loots

Eridanus :
I see you haven't updated your ledger with the previous season living expenses yet, please do so and PM me, I will give you your grades. :)

Notes :
Awesome thread, guys! I thoroughly enjoyed reading it! It has it all, combat, sparring, social, heart-to-heart chat! Now I hope Kise learnt a lesson from this and stop his whole 'A God Am I' fiasco. ;)

Raz, as usual, no observation and gladius for you as you're maxed out already.

Eridanus, please update your ledger and once you do so, PM me and I'll give you your grades. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous