Completed To Seek And To Strive (Kisetukai, Ethen)

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

To Seek And To Strive (Kisetukai, Ethen)

Postby Ethen Calden on June 18th, 2013, 3:51 pm

"Okay that didn't worked the way I foreseen" Ethen thought feeling his jaw. Ethen got into a attack stance. Ethen started with a wide sweeping arch coming from the right with his sword, aiming at Razkar's midriff. Ethen stepped to the left then a thrust the point of the sword forwards aiming at Razkar's sternum. Ethen moved back and swung downwards with his sword aiming at Razkar's forehead followed with a stab aiming at Razkar's left foot then Ethen move forward with his pommel swung upwards aiming for Razkar's jaw. Ethen moved back then right and started walking up to Razkar with a figure eight swing with his sword. If Razkar comes near Ethen. Ethen would speed up the swing. When Ethen finish the swing, he does a tight arch swing with his sword aiming at Razkar's midriff again. Ethen moved back and keeping a distance from Razkar. Ethen change his stance from attack to guard.
Ethen Calden
Squire

Words: 26362
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2013, 3:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Razkar on June 19th, 2013, 12:37 am

Razkar smiled as the boy came on, because he saw a student that was doing more than just watching and learning. He saw one applying that knowledge practically; otherwise, what good was it?

The Myrian swayed back as the sword arced towards his chest, but before he could exploit an opening, Ethen had sidestepped, thrusting for his breastbone instead-

-the Myrian slid across the sand, turning as he did, ax swinging lightly through the air and knocking the blade aside and away from him-

-but Ethen rallied, backing away from the retaliation he knew was coming, bringing the huge wooden sword down, slashing towards Razkar's forehead-

Crack!

Ax and broadsword met as Razkar blocked the blow, but once again, Ethen evolved, adapted, stabbing down towards his foot which he swept back-

-then dodged his head to one side as that damn pommel came cracking towards his face again, Ethen dancing away, sword swinging, whirling, fight-of-eight pattern flashing through the air-

Razkzar decided to test his student, darting in close and to the side when the spinning blade was low, slashing high for the boy's breastbone-

-and Ethen knocked it away, speeding up his blocking maneuver.

"Good!"

The human tried one more blow, ending his spinning maneuver fairly smoothly and chopping at the Myrian with a sideways swipe that Razkar parried away, but he used his sword's length to his advantage, keeping his distance and settling into a guard before Razkar had a chance to retaliate.

A smile, a real smile, one of pleasure and pride, broke on Razkar's face for the first time.

"Good. You are learning, boy..." He flicked a glance upwards and saw the girl standing there, so pale and scared and thin, taking in everything with watery eyes. Razkar's smile actually stayed in place as he raised his voice. "Mayhap girl like learn? Not be so afraid, hmm?"
Last edited by Razkar on June 19th, 2013, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 19th, 2013, 1:12 am

"Mayhap girl like learn? Not be so afraid, hmm?"

The Nuit almost dropped her dagger again, before clasping it in both hands, still sheathed. The teacher's eyes were focused on her. He had spoken to her, an invitation, and he had been smiling. So that wasn't threatening, right? The problem was that Isolde couldn't seem to find her voice. Her tongue was stuck to the roof of her mouth. Her throat had gone dry. Well, at least this much could be said for the tall, strong, terrifying man in front of her... he certainly had the ability to drive her other fears straight from her mind. She was no longer thinking of Wynry, of that other girl. Just him. And his two students, who were certain to be staring at her by now, as well.

After what seemed like forever but what was probably only in reality two or three ticks, the Nuit tried to force a smile to her face. It felt ghastly. It probably looked ghastly. She cleared her throat, and managed to call back, "U-Uh. Um. Well. Th-Thank you for-- for your o-offer. B-But uh... uh, I, a-- I'm not-- I don't really--" She was stammering like crazy, and the words were like a new sort of heartbeat in her throat, to fill in for the one that was lacking. She swallowed, and tried again, raising a hand, palm towards the teacher, and hoped the trembling wasn't too obvious. And hoped that he might be able to understand her, because at the moment she was slaughtering Common worse than that thick accent of his. "Well-- I've never really-- um, ever done anything l-like this. Ever." Yes, and that was right, wasn't it? Petch, she hadn't even known how to properly hold the dagger before he had shown her. He would demolish her. One blow from that wooden ax --or even from the student's giant sword, or even from the other student's great, strong fists-- and she would turn to dust and float away. The Nuit forced herself to keep talking, trying to explain why she couldn't without offending him, because she certainly didn't want to offend him, oh no. "I-I'm afraid I would, uh, just sl-slow you all down."

Still, in the back of her mind, a stupid, stupid, stupid voice was trying to speak up, and piped out the old, familiar words that she was never going to learn if she didn't try. Yes, she thought, stricken, That's right. But that doesn't mean I have to try here, now. Not with... with him.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Razkar on June 19th, 2013, 11:25 am

Razkar's eyebrows rose higher and higher as the words flooded and stumbled from the girl's mouth in her haste. He even have a slow, quiet look to Ethen as if to say "really?". But by the time she finished and had finally made her point, he just shakes his head and gestures to the sand with his hand ax.

"I not think so. I have train before with people not used to weapon. Think Myrian cannot take easy on new student?"

There was a sharp but almost regretful look in his eyes when he spoke next. Razkar felt a strange, mild affection for the frightened-looking female, an odd desire to alleviate some of her fear... but he'd set a precedent with Ethen, Kisetukai and others. He couldn't break it for her.

"Could train for money. Ten gold. You pay, I train well. Not pay..." he shrugged, as f trying to work out exactly what pro bono work would provide a stranger with "... at least teach one or two thing..."

Speech made, he turned back to Ethen and nodded curtly but with a tinge of respect.

"You make improvement, and that is good. Want more train? Different weapon? You pay, so might be good..."

OOCEthen, this thread is starting to get long so if you do want to train some more, I suggest we start a new one. Give us a chance to max out our XP and make it much easier to be graded, too. Isolde, you're welcome to join us. ;) Also, Ethen, once again, watch your grammar and spelling. The present and past tense of your last reply was all over the place, and it got very confusing to read in places.
My Words | Your Words | Myrian | Fratavan | My Thoughts
Razkar has been cursed by Yahal, and as such finds little acceptance from others; they will instinctively view him as being deceptive and traitorous. However, when close to one blessed by Yahal, the effect is negated. The curse is etched onto his left pectoral, and viewing the mark causes others to feel dirty and unclean.
Razkar
War Is The Answer

Words: 2242619
Joined roleplay: October 8th, 2012, 12:04 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 9
Featured Character (1) Featured Thread (2)
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ethen Calden on June 19th, 2013, 12:05 pm

Ethen bow to Razkar as sign of repect. "Thank you sword master for your time" said Ethen. Ethen walk to the sidewall of the the fight arena. Ethen treated himself as he lean against the wall. "The woman that was notice by Razkar, there something off about woman" Ethen thought.
Ethen Calden
Squire

Words: 26362
Joined roleplay: March 6th, 2013, 3:59 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Isolde Seibold on June 19th, 2013, 2:33 pm

"I not think so. I have train before with people not used to weapon. Think Myrian cannot take easy on new student?" And he was gesturing to the ground next to him as he said it, beckoning.

Isolde stayed where she was for a beat, the hesitation clear on her face. She occupied the pause with a lot of fast-thinking. Myrian? Is that his name? Where have I-- Oh! Myrian. Myrian. Those-- those-- warrior-type people living out in the jungle. Yes, she had heard of them. Admittedly, she didn't know much. Only a small tidbit, which she had picked up in an old book a long, long time ago, and the details of even that were foggy. They had not been a real people to her, back then, running her fingers over the moldy pages of a musty old book. A lot of the races weren't something she had actually seen, just heard vague stories about. But now she certainly saw this... Myrian. She could only hope that he didn't so easily identify what she was. The thought that he might caused a shiver to run up her back.

"Could train for money. Ten gold. You pay, I train well. Not pay... at least teach one or two thing..."

10 GM. The Nuit looked down at her cold, pale hands, at the pretty little dagger sitting coolly within them, as the-- the Myrian turned back to his other student. She couldn't handle 10 GM. She needed it. For her... her studies. Books were expensive. She had checked the prices at Undeniable Interests a while back, and each ran anywhere from 15 to 30 GM, on average, and the more specialized the book the more expensive it became. And he wanted 10 GM for a lesson? Something that was over and done once, while the book lasted as long as you cared for it, and you could revisit again and again? How much money did she even have? She hadn't counted recently. More than 10 GM, most likely. Actually, she was certain she had enough to cover the lesson-- But no! No! What was she doing, worrying over prices, if she didn't even intend to train... did she?

Gods help her. That damn voice was shouting out at her, egging her on.

Finally, she said, struggling to try to make her voice clear, "Um. Y-You could teach me a few... a few more pointers? Like how-- how you did w-with the grip?" She held up the dagger, though no doubt he remembered her little interruption. He seemed friendly enough now, but how quickly could that change? Especially if he thought she wasn't taking his lessons to heart. Would he understand that she didn't have the reflexes of a normal person? Or that each blow he struck upon her frail body would leave bruises that would never heal? And if he somehow managed to break skin... she thought of the blood running from the student's forehead. She'd have to tend to her wound because it wouldn't close, and all the while he and the others would be watching, and it would be white ichor flowing not red blood... That would be certain to get a reaction.

The Nuit took a shuddering breath. Well, she would just have to hope that he really would go... go easy on her, like he had said. She thought of his anger, and thought what it would be like for that to be focused on her-- No. Just don't think about it. She would talk herself out of this if she gave herself enough time.

"I-- I guess I'll... uh, I'll give it a t-try," she finally said, looking as if she really didn't want to. But she needed to, didn't she? Who else would teach... someone like her? She was already hurting from the gold she was going to be coughing up, from the imagined injuries. No matter. Don't think about it. And then she looked down at the ring, at the place beside him he had indicated, and she said, a little sheepishly, "U-Uh. H-How do I get down?" Certainly there had to be a better way than jumping. She hoped.

OOCOkay! If you want to start a new thread, then this could be my last post for this one. ^^ Why not give training a go? ^^' Though Isolde's likely to be terrible. Oh well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
Isolde Seibold
the roots of the tree

Words: 434086
Joined roleplay: April 21st, 2013, 3:57 am
Race: Nuit
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Radiant on July 6th, 2013, 7:39 pm

Razkar :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Socialization +2 XP
Negotiation +1 XP
Rhetoric +2 XP
Intimidation +2 XP
Teaching +5 XP
Unarmed Combat +4 XP
Brawling +5 XP
Weapon: Hand Ax +4 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Waiting for challengers
Kell'alor: Warrior heaven
I'm a sellsword, not givesword
Kisetukai: first student
Interrupted by a dagger
No respect and honor in battle
Interrupted... again by Ethen
Ethen: second student

Loots
+30 GM for training fee

Kisetukai :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +2 XP
Philosophy +1 XP
Socialization +2 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Boxing +3 XP
Unarmed Combat +2 XP
Brawling +1 XP
Acrobatics +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Restoring honor
Requesting to train with Razkar
Interrupted by a dagger
Interrupted... again by Ethen
Learning to fight unorthodoxly
Taking a break

Loots
-20 GM for training fee

Isolde :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +5 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Oh why did I drop my dagger?
Lots of halted words in my thoughts
Wathing a violent training session
Remembering Winry through Ethen
Offered to train by the Myrian

Loots

Ethen :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +3 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Persuasion +1 XP
Weapon: Greatsword +5 XP
Brawling +2 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
In love with the Fighters Pit
I have no money
Requesting to train with Razkar
Training with Razkar
Bad Tactic: Utilizing a greatsword's pommel

Loots
-10 GM for training fee

Notes :
Awesome thread guys! All of you are doing great! Well... except for Ethen, I will address to this issue in this note.

Kise, I see he has developed a lot in character. I'm glad, don't want him to needlessly die because of his arrogance, no? :D

Isolde, I applaud to you for making beautiful replies even though she was just basically watching. :) :thumbsup:

Aaaaaaaaaaaas usual, no Observation for Raz as he's maxed out alreaaaaaaaaady~

And I see Ethen hasn't updated his ledger with Spring Living Expenses yet, but since he's a squire, it's free so it doesn't matter.

Also Ethen, I agree with what Razkar said about your posts. :) Do try to follow them in the future, yes?

To be honest, I shook my head a little bit when I saw Razkar, Kise, and Isolde posting long, detailed replies and you replied with... one or two short paragraphs, your final post doesn't even qualify as a short paragraph... Isolde's character was just pretty much watching and she could provide exciting, enjoyable long replies so I don't want to hear any excuses. :)

Please do try to make your posts longer, it's just my personal opinion, but that way, you respect your thread partners for making enjoyable long posts for you by replying with a mid-long post as well. :)

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Previous