Completed [Temple Of The Black Sun] Obeying Orders [Marcus]

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

A city floating in the center of a lake, Ravok is a place of dark beauty, romance and culture. Behind it all though is the presence of Rhysol, God of Evil and Betrayal. The city is controlled by The Black Sun, a religious organization devoted to Rhysol. [Lore]

[Temple Of The Black Sun] Obeying Orders [Marcus]

Postby Amelia Cross on August 6th, 2013, 11:11 am

[10th day of summer.513.a.v.]
[City Center]
[Temple of the Black Sun]
[late evening]

Amelia was never found of visiting the temple. It was not because she wasn’t found of the god, the building or the organization. She was actually quite found of the temple as a whole, she found the architecture to be amazing and it was the one building she fell in love with the moment she visited Ravok for the first time. Her father had managed to make Amelia believe that The Black Sun is all about good, so she liked them, she of course knew that they weren’t as white and good as the people here painted them, she had the perspective of two crashing sides after all. But she liked the organization far more than the Knights of Syliras. She chose the least of bout evils, if you may state it like so. The young Cross was not against Rhysol or The Voice, she was far from a devoted believer, but she appreciated them enough to find herself praying to him once she had finished prayers to her more loved deities.

But if everything about this location was so nice, then why did she hate being there? Easy, she was looked down on. She knew that everyone who was even roughly familiar with her father knew that Amelia was not a native of Ravok, and while nobody, as far as she knew, was familiar with her life in Syliras, she could feel the label of ‘outsider’ being put all over her. Sure, she found this same label on herself in a lot of scenarios, but here it seemed to be most notable. Yet, Amelia walked with her head up high, she refused to act like it actually got to her. Even if everyone here would call her an outsider, she would walk away with her head up high.

”Marcus…Marcus…” Amelia wondered to herself as she looked around the courtyard. Dominic had said that this man is like a chameleon, you just never know how he will look like and so, the most her father could say was that he had light blue eyes, brown hair and was clearly fit, though not in the manner of a warrior. Needless to say, the description was not worth much, and even he said hat its better to just go ahead and ask for him, rather than spend countless bells trying to find him on her own.

She spent approximately, a little less than a bell, walking around the temple and trying to spot a man who could fit the description. She did find a few, but that was the problem. She didn’t exactly want to play a game of chance and potentially walk up to the wrong one. Finally the girl walked up to a woman who had been looking curiously at Amelia, or so she thought. ”Excuse me, would you by any chance know where I could find Mr. Ahysen ?” ”I’m sorry, but I haven’t seen him…” ”If you do, please tell him that I’m looking for him…Cross, Amelia Cross…I’ll be in the Courtyard” with that she bowed her head and departed from the woman to keep her searches.

Amelia asked a few more people, repeating the same scenario. But nobody seemed to have seen the man, for a moment she assumed he was a ghost or out of the city and forgot to mention that to Clyde. The second guess was that she just asked people who didn’t quite know him, and toke the easy way out. One way or the other sat down on a bench in the courtyard, holding the scrolls in her lap. Shaking off any odd looks that were thrown at her. ”should have put them in a bag…” was her realization, as she assumed that everyone was curios of the scrolls. Amelia was to, but she didn’t want to disappoint Clyde and thus, she didn’t open them. That however, didn’t stop her from reading the note that came with the scrolls.

”would he even know it was me who is looking for him?”

Amelia Cross
I Have More Than One Mask

Words: 519985
Joined roleplay: November 14th, 2012, 7:32 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Marcus Ahysen on August 7th, 2013, 9:28 pm

Marcus was actually in the temple, sitting in one of the pews in front of the Black Shard, when Amelia began her search for him. He was paying no attention to the wandering girl, however, and it was true, many of the other Agents did not know him. Part of his job was to not be known. His goal, eventually, was to leave Ravok, and spread the will of Rhysol to other places as an undercover agent of the Defiler. According to the meeting he'd recently had with Lilith, that goal might soon be realized, but until then, Marcus had to wait.

He was sitting in the pew, his back resting comfortably against the bench as he stared into the shard, though he was not truly looking at that. Though his eyes were open, he was paying it no attention. He pulled in a breath, slowly, deep, filling his lungs. He let his eyes close peacefully, and exhaled. I am Marcus Ahysen, and this is my face, he chanted internally as he brought forth the memory of his own reflection in the mirror. I will remember it. I will not lose myself.

Marcus breathed again, this time sinking deeper into his conscious. He was no expert at meditation, but that was not the skill he was practicing at that moment. He was working on a technique he had been taught by Luvet, long ago. Marcus was a morpher, but it was a skill he rarely practiced, and one that he knew he needed to master. It was a skill that frightened him, to an extent, but it was time to move past that fear.

Marcus brought forth the image of Kalina, the kelvic he had recently purchased. Specifically, he thought about her animal form, her paws.. and more specifically, her claws. There were many things about Kalina that he wished to be able to emulate. Her fur, for camouflage, for instance. But for now, he focused on the claws. How they looked when extended. How sharp they were.

He placed one hand on top of the other, summoning his djed which responded sluggishly to the novice's call. He ran his left hand over his fingers and began to pinch and tug at his nails, fueling djed into the tips of his fingers. It was.. disturbing to watch, as he began to mold the ends of his nails, stretching then, elongating them. He focused his mind on the sharpness of them as he continued to concentrate. He was already growing tired, but he wanted to at least complete the transformation. The claws would not be exactly like Kalina's of course, but he used the idea of them as a basis for the model he was trying to create.

After some time he was done, and he held his hand up in front of his eyes, marveling at the elongated fingernails, the claws he had molded using his djed. It was strange to see.. and he could feel djed flowing into them to maintain their shape. Marcus wondered how long he could hold it, but he wouldn't get to test it. A woman came up behind him and made a sound to draw his attention. This broke his concentration, and immediately his finger nails began to return to their natural form as the djed keeping them in that state stopped coming.

"Ahem.. sorry to disturb you. But I believe someone is looking for you. You are Marcus Ahysen, right?"

Not long after, Marcus found himself in the courtyard. It did not take him more than a few chimes to spot the woman. Though he did not know her, and the name Cross was only vaguely familiar to him, she was not hard to find. Everybody else was either coming or going, she was the only one waiting.

"Amelia Cross? I heard you were looking for me."
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Words: 119215
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on August 8th, 2013, 7:31 pm

The time seemed to pass slower than it should. Like gods were playing tricks on the girl and messing up her already beaten up day as much as they could without killing her. All Amelia wanted to, was to just hand the scrolls over and leave. She had no actual interest in who Marcus was. To her, he was just another man associated with the sun, a man somehow associated with Clyde. But none of that really matter much to the tiered and now bored girl. And if she had to be truthful, she had a good guess he wouldn’t care about her either, so why bother? Chances were, she would see him for the first and last time.

More time passed and nothing of note happened. She started stroking her hair out of boredom and poking around the scrolls. The people around seemed to be in such a rush, they seemed to fly while Amelia just sat there and waited for a man who might not even show up. After all, in her time here she had come to realize that not everyone was a great friend of her father or even knew him that well. She realized that in between the beauties of the city, she didn’t even stand out of that much. ”maybe some other day” she thought, almost about to get up with a sigh…

”Ugh, yes.” she was slightly caught off guard when the man had so suddenly showed up, right when she was so sure he wouldn’t show up at all. She seemed to be sort of lost of words, as she hadn’t planned what to say to him. So she seemed to be grabbing words out of the thin air ”I, I was sent by Mr.Sulins…to find you and give you these” she didn’t sound half as confident as she usually did, but it didn’t seem to bother her that much as she handed him the note which she seemed to have studied up by heart, followed up by the scrolls who almost feel from her hands. Clearly lost of what she should do now, unsure if she should wait for some words to bring over to Clyde, or some order. She wasn't a servant, but if it meant she could be of help to her mentor, she would become one...in reasonable norms.

Though, Leaving would probably make most sense.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Marcus Ahysen on August 19th, 2013, 3:10 pm

Marcus might have been suspicious of the girl, considering the things he had been working on of late, but upon hearing the name Sullins his demeanor softened somewhat. She seemed nervous, but Marcus paid it little mind. People were often nervous in the presence of those who served Rhysol, whether it was out of fear, or simply due to the respect they had for the position. Marcus assumed it was one of those reasons, and did not give it a second thought.

He quickly read over the note, an eyebrow quirking curiously. He wouldn't examine the scrolls right there in front of Amelia, but he would certainly have to take a look at them when he returned home. Rolling up the note, he placed it and the scrolls into a pocket within his robes before retrieving a few mizas from his belt pouch and offering them to Amelia.

"Tell your master I appreciate this, and I will let him know how they work as soon as I am able to test them."

Marcus wasn't sure what else needed to be said. He was fairly certain she was there for no other reason than to just give him the scrolls. If she had nothing else to say, he would turn and walk away. When he got home he would give the scrolls a closer look, but he still had duties to attend to at the temple before that could happen.

OOCErm.. yeah, I don't know if you wanted anything else to happen. If you do, feel free to stop Marcus, or say something to catch his attention. Oh, and he gave you 5gm, assuming that Amelia accepts them.
Marcus Ahysen
Player

Words: 119215
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2012, 10:20 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Amelia Cross on August 23rd, 2013, 3:02 pm

She had no shame in playing a delivering girl for Clyde, his servant, after all she was studying under his supervision. The deal was pretty much a win only for Amelia, as he didn’t gain anything out of it…so this was the least she could do for him. She wouldn’t have minded delivering something back to Clyde from this man, but when he offered her money…she felt insulted. She felt like he had thought of her like a slave, like she was in need of money. And even though it was probably no more and no less than a simple gesture of politeness, she didn’t see it as half polite. She saw it rude.

Amelia gestured Marcus’s hand away, lightly enough to not come off as rude. ”Let us pretend, you never did that” the girl smiled and lightly stepped away, a polite curtsy ”it was a pleasure meeting you, Mr. Ahysen” and with that she left. Sure that there was nothing more to do, left to say or heard. She had to get catch the last ferry to the shore and he probably had work to do.”Calling this meeting pleasant would be pushing it, but it could have been worse” the girl reassured herself.

She would let Clyde know she finished her task as soon as she would show up for another lesson. What might or might not be sooner than Marcus would let Clyde know just how successful the scrolls were.

oocAnd the meeting ends here. I’m not sure where and to who the thread should be handed in though.

Amelia Cross

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Overlored (1)

Postby Radiant on September 13th, 2013, 1:48 pm

Amelia :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Being Labeled "Outsider"
Mission From Clyde: Send A Note To Marcus
Marcus: Acquaintance

Loots

Marcus :
Experience
Skill XP Earned
Observation +1 XP
Socialization +1 XP
Meditation +1 XP
Morphing +1 XP

Lores
Lore Earned
Overcoming Fears Of Morphing
Morphing: Extending Nails
Amelia: Acquaintance
A Secret Note From Clyde

Loots
+1 Clyde's Note

Notes :
As requested, Marcus (Verilian). We graded your threads. :)

Amelia, we meet again. Never thought I would be grading one of your threads in Ravok. :P

My radiance is not bright enough?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding your grade, beam me a PM and we can work it out. :)
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)