NaNoWriMo Goals: 2013

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This forum contains all the NaNo threads from years gone past. Thus far we have only 2011 archived! But hopefully we'll have a ton more forthcoming as the years go by and NaNo's come and go.

Moderator: Traverse

Postby Traverse on October 30th, 2013, 1:53 am

So what are your goals for NaNo?

Like the thread title suggests this is the place to throw your PC's objectives this November, a good way to get things sorted out as you begin tearing away at those 50,000 words!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Taylani on October 30th, 2013, 2:07 am

I imagine I will be burning up Endrykas Moderation/Grade thread with solo's. I expect to do plenty job (Jewelrycrafting) solo's, Foraging Solo's, and possibly cooking/cleaning/other daily Drykas life solo's. Might be my chance to get Taylani some skills to live in Endrykas..her being a soft city girl and all ;)

Of course I will also be pestering...um asking politely....to thread with folks so, I am confident that I will get the 50,000 word goal.
Taylani
Captivated

Words: 541241
Joined roleplay: September 7th, 2013, 4:41 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
One Thousand Posts! (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on October 30th, 2013, 2:11 am

This year I want to NaNo two pcs and beat my overall word count from last year between the two pcs.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Assilsa Curare on October 30th, 2013, 2:40 am

Mine would be getting Assilsa's hunting up to comp and also her wilderness and acrobatics
Assilsa Curare
There is no hunting like the hunting of man,

Words: 124440
Joined roleplay: May 21st, 2013, 2:43 am
Race: Symenestra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Annalisa Marin on October 30th, 2013, 2:43 am

Hmm... Well, I intend to survive a certain insane hypnotist serial killer trying to kill me for one lol. I also intend to finish up some threads in Zeltiva and RP the events before Anna leaves the Port City. Nothing really skill related, mostly story stuff for this month.

I'll probably have enough on my plate to keep me busy for November, that medal shall be mine!

*Cue evil laughter* :lol:
Last edited by Annalisa Marin on October 30th, 2013, 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Annalisa Marin
Sorceress of Chaos

Words: 1635951
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2013, 6:52 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)
2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Daedalus Dagwood on October 30th, 2013, 2:54 am

I plan on doing Nano with Daedalus here. I plan on working on Solo threads devoted towards advancing the following skills: Gadgeteering, Drawing, Carpentry, Carving, Weapon-Rapier, and Animation. I have no set goals as to what level they will be raised. I'll just write until that word count is etched away. I'll be doing daily life threads where he is out and about in Sunberth. Work to get him into situations where Daedalus can gain a good reputation in the city. Find lost children, solve a murder or three in his free time to be known as a Do-Good'er rather than a vigilante. Maybe get him involved in a major fraction of the city.

Any thread partners in Sunberth who want to thread with me can feel free to PM me for a thread.

Anyway, yeah. Those are my Goals.

Daedalus Dagwood
Endless Possibilities

Words: 157286
Joined roleplay: October 27th, 2013, 8:38 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Jorin Ertihan on October 30th, 2013, 2:59 am

Well, I hope to NaNo with Jorin and Nathaniel, though that would unfortunately mean that poor Ronas is going to suffer for it. Eh, regardless, goals, goals: I hope to get Jorin's "Black Egg" idea finally off the ground (at least I managed to polish off the first thread in what will eventually be a long series), FINALLY get him to competent in Quarterstaff so he can actually be Kuvan, and... umm... other stuff. Maybe Expert in Acting if I can manage it. Probably not though.

As for Nate ummm, well I've already turbo-Flashbacked in Syliras, so that will continue of course. Goals for him I guess would be to get competent in Hunting, and maybe even expert Medicine and Short Bow, though both at the same time's gonna be a real challenge for sure. Erm, maybe a decent amount of Riding experience if I can manage it, he can't really be in Endrykas long without that :).
x
Jorin's Thoughts | "Your speech" | "NPC Speech"

"Common" | "Pavi/Grassland Sign" | "Tukant"

"Written Text."

x
Jorin Ertihan
Art is the purest form of expression.

Words: 894547
Joined roleplay: July 27th, 2013, 3:41 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Favchean Hronis on October 30th, 2013, 3:07 am

I tend to favor Taylani over Favchean, mostly because Taylani is a little easier for me to get into her mind. I hope that I will at least get close to the 50,000 count with Fav but he is very difficult for me to solo thread with simply because I haven't really sat down and flesh him out as much as I would like to.

I think that will definitely be a goal for me, sit down and really get into Favchean's mind, um minds...I am exploring his dual nature in a couple threads, and I hope I can maybe raise his unarmed skills and dagger skills, as well as pump out some more job exp but that will be at the back burner compared to threads that I can start to get his personalities nailed down.
Favchean Common|Chealvan Common
Favchean Tukant|Chealvan Tukant
Favchean Kontinese|Chealvan Kontinese
Favchean Hronis
AKA: Chealvan

Words: 188481
Joined roleplay: September 10th, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Akalak
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Harrier on October 30th, 2013, 7:07 pm

Vira: I actually have a really neat golden eagle rescue plot setup for her where she saves this wild bird and goes through several threads of taking care of it. I had hoped her Falconry skill would be up to expert by now, but I don't have anybody to grade my PC's threads :( I also want to get her archery up to competent.

I have a secret PC, too, that I will be threading a lot on. I have /several/ threads planned for her.

Overall, I'm a little unsure how well it's going to turn out since my times come in such short bursts and I loathe getting midway through a post and having to save it because I don't have enough time to stop and actually finish writing it until next time.

(c) Absy
Harrier
Harrier than you

Words: 365904
Joined roleplay: June 25th, 2013, 9:07 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Journal

Postby Wrenmae on October 30th, 2013, 7:11 pm

I intend to get the Scars or Dalat Radjud started up this season...the amount of work there, as well as returning to Sahova more or less completely fills up Wren's time.

Sig by Shausha

This PC has the Blight gnosis. As such, you as a player need to be aware of what that consists of. Wrenmae has an invisible aura that amplifies sickness and disease. Wounds may become infected, small sneezes may become coughing, and a slight fever may become more serious. A nuit's body will also break down faster in the presence of the Blight. These effects may not be immediate, but within the few days following your encounter, the symptoms will manifest. Some sooner than others. I cannot control your character, so creativity will be left up to you. Best wishes and stay healthy!

Special shoutout to Fallon for my new CS
Wrenmae
Taleweaver

Words: 1276299
Joined roleplay: April 15th, 2011, 6:34 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 9
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Trailblazer (2) Overlored (1)
Donor (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1) 2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Next