OOC Info The OLD Common Room

Zeltiva's OOC Thread! OOC chatter goes here!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Center of scholarly knowledge and shipwrighting, Zeltiva is a port city unlike any other in Mizahar. [Lore]

The Common Room

Postby Perplexity on September 4th, 2014, 3:03 am

Howdy Zeltiva!

I just wanted to let you guys know that if I deleted your request from my ST office it is because the request has been filed off and tended to. You will receive a PM from me when everything has been finalized! I do this just to keep track of what's what and where is where.

I'd like to take this time to remind players to update their character sheets! I've still seen a few that need some love and attention. I would hate to be half-way through grading a thread and find myself unable to award EXP and Lore because some admin stuff hasn't been taken care of! Also, if you have yet to place your requests in my office do so ASAP! The sooner, the better!

Happy Writing!

-Perplexity
Perplexity's Office Status

Perplexity
DS of Zeltiva, Mod Privileges in Wildlands

Words: 440795
Joined roleplay: July 11th, 2013, 11:59 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Medals: 1
Featured Contributor (1)

The Common Room

Postby Perplexity on September 6th, 2014, 12:04 am

Hello Zeltiva!

I've got some exciting news! Say hello to Sylira's very own Regional OOC communication thread! In the interest of fostering greater communication between everyone here in Sylira the staff got together and decided to take a page from Falyndar and Kalea's books. It is highly recommended that you subscribe to this thread as there will be announcements, on-going communication and all sorts of things to be found here!

Also, I'll be working quite heavily on development things this weekend. So look for some goodies headed your way in the coming days once it all gets reviewed and approved!

Furthermore, Gossamer has brought attention to some wonderful opportunities to be had in the Cyphrus region! If you've ever pondered on how best to give back to the community, now's your chance! Cyphrus has so much to offer in the way of creative development, engaging players, and supportive staff. If you find yourself at all interested make it known! The staff is here to answer questions and I will certainly answer any and all that come my way.

Happy Writing!

Perplexity

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on September 6th, 2014, 2:18 am

Sounds epic already Perplexity! Can't wait to see what goodies you're going to bring to the city. :) If there's anything I might be able to help with please let me know!
Journal - Plotnotes - Announcement!
Scrapbook - Shop (Closed)- Vlogs
Credit goes to Fallon for allowing me to temper with her codings! :)
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Words: 2035002
Joined roleplay: March 30th, 2011, 9:02 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 7
Trailblazer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) 2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Perplexity on September 12th, 2014, 12:37 pm

Howdy Zeltiva!

It has come to my attention that a few players have been doing some things that are rather inappropriate as far as game play goes. Before I get into specifics about what these things are I am going to make a blanket statement:

Consider this your first warning. You know who you are. The following needs to stop.

There are players who have been fabricating belongings of a significantly expensive nature such as ships, weaponry, or armor. When I say fabricate, I mean these items appear out of nowhere. The characters in question do not possess them on their ledger or in a possessions roster accounting for them. If you have not purchased an item, if it was not given to you by another player through in-character roleplay and signed off by an official grade (either by a Grader or a Storyteller), if it was not bestowed upon you by a Storyteller as a result of a moderated thread, you should not be carrying it around.

Now, it is one thing to grab a chair that your character was previously sitting in during the course of a brawl to use as a blunt weapon. That's fine. That's part of the scenery. It is quite another to just assume your character suddenly owns a ship or an item of worth out of nowhere.

On the note of ledgers, you must account for everything your character owns. This includes how much it costs and what is listed in your possessions.

Something else I'd like to bring light to, living conditions. If you live outside of the normal accomodations of a Zeltivan you must possess the skills to do so. Such as living in the wilderness. You must be able to survive in the wilderness. Furthermore, you cannot survive in an active, high speed, epic lifestyle if your character continually lives in "Poor" conditions. One season? That's fine. Everyone hits hard times now and again. Two seasons? Your character will become sickly, underfed, and struggling to make it. Three seasons in a row? Your survival rate is dropping.

I hope I am making sense.

If you live in these conditions you also cannot truly support ancillary companions or characters such as animals and personal NPCs. Zeltiva does not possess an abundance of food. It relies heavily on its fishing trade and imports from cities with agricultural capabilities to the point where the authorities strictly regulate food supplies among the population in a big attempt to prevent widespread famine.

Also, the dormitories of the University are not an apartment complex. If you are not an active student there, you cannot live there. Furthermore, tuition costs do not roll over from season to season. Whether you finish your prerequisite courses or not. The expenses renew each and every season your character attends the University. There are no exceptions.

As I said, this is a blanket warning.

Thank you for your time!

Happy Writing,
Perplexity

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

The Common Room

Postby Lani Stranger on September 14th, 2014, 3:42 pm

Hey guys,

First off, Sorry about the absence! I am back into writing with Lani and I will be working on replies ASAP. Second, I'm no longer in Zeltiva. As of the 75th of Summer (which I had put a placeholder down for), Lani has departed to Alvadas. I've got huge plans for my gal, mostly involving ferocious giant lizards and bears. Odd, but exciting. And I know I didn't get to thread with a lot of you, but I will be back ... One day ...

-Lani
Lani Stranger
Wanderer

Words: 697231
Joined roleplay: March 21st, 2014, 11:48 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)
Wind Reach Seasonal  Challenge (1) Power Fork (1)
2018 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

The Common Room

Postby Perplexity on September 16th, 2014, 12:22 am

Hello Zeltiva!

Those of you who placed your Job/Wage requests in my office at the beginning of the season have had their SS thread updated! PM's were sent out to all of you. If you have questions or concerns feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

If you are still in need of a Job for this season onward for the duration of your stay in Zeltiva or still need to be awarded wages for Summer 514 and you haven't put in your request yet, please do so here. That way the appropriate arrangements can be made.

Happy Writing!

-Perplexity

Perplexity

Office
Featured Contributor (1)

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on September 16th, 2014, 4:17 am

I thought to thank you through pm but found this a better way instead, seeing as it doesn't fill your inbox with a waste of space with just a few words. ;)

Thank you Perplexity for the awesome work with the wages, as well as the new stuff you've put together for the season. Zeltiva is lucky to have you!
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Common Room

Postby Jadlin Hayes on September 16th, 2014, 4:24 am

God, Ricky!!!
Now I feel guilty for having thanked him with a PM for my wages!!! ;)
Way to make me feel bad!!
Some big brother YOU are!! :p

Jadlin Hayes - No Hurries, No Worries...
Jadlin Hayes
A Symphony of Synthesis

Words: 187030
Joined roleplay: May 29th, 2014, 6:15 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook

The Common Room

Postby Ricky Maze on September 16th, 2014, 4:36 am

Hahaha! I'm sorry! Really though I find public appreciation is a lot more encouraging as a whole.

Oh by the way, apologies in advance to thise waiting on me to post. Work has been draining me for the past few days, so by thursday I'll be right on top of replies.
Ricky Maze
"Bottom's up!"

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

The Common Room

Postby Dulute Jadesmith on September 19th, 2014, 1:01 am

Hey people I don't know yet. Just popping in to give my hellos and all since I haven't actually done so before. Right now I'm on my way to make my first real post (ignore that count number under my avatar) but I thought I might as well give the common room a visit since this seems to be where everyone else is hanging out (besides the chat room). But long winded intro aside, happy fall everyone. :D
"The sea is so Imagevast, yet we know little about it. Someday I'll learn its secrets...and maybe make a few new recipes while I'm at it."

Talking -> Thinking -> Writing
Dulute Jadesmith
Aquatic Chef Extraordinaire

Words: 22680
Joined roleplay: July 3rd, 2014, 1:52 am
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

PreviousNext