[OOC Thread] Welcome to the Jungle

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Taloba, home to the Myrians, is the thriving core of Falyndar. Inhabited by a fierce and savage tribe where blood sacrifices are normal and a way of life, they are untamed and proud of it. Warlike, and with their numbers growing, the Myrians are set on reclaiming what is rightfully theirs. [Lore]

Postby Traverse on March 6th, 2014, 3:36 pm

Hello there all you denizens and newcomers to the City of Bones. Mind the scattered stones and roots, and try not to fight too much outside of the appointed areas. If you're looking for a challenging environment for your mind, body, and soul in the heart of the most savage region in all of Mizahar, you've come to the right place! We don't bite here too much so feel free to PM any of the resident Storytellers with questions, concerns, or ideas.

The city is still under development so keep an eye out for many new locations and developing plots that will be running here from time to time. If you want to contribute to the city as a whole you are most welcome to do so, and we'll bribe you with perk points and prizes! Feel free to submit any idea from suggestions to fleshed out locations or critters Amidst the Canopy. All important announcements will be made here for your perusal. That said, feel free to introduce yourself, chit chat about current events or tease each other about your clan's superiority.

All travelling newcomers MUST post their arrival at The Gates.

Previous OOC Forum

And as always my lovelies, safe travels!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Traverse on March 6th, 2014, 3:44 pm

I figured with a new year starting on the Miz forums we could do with a little Spring cleaning as it were, so here is your shiny new OOC forum equipped with leagues of open space for running, skipping, and hurling spears through the hearts of your enemies!

I know there was another reason I was posting this...oh!

I am very excited to see some new faces this season, remember if you haven't already and you're planning on residing in Taloba for the Spring to post your info in the Character Registry so everyone knows you're here! I also finally put the prize and perk points in the Amidst the Canopy forum, so if you have any developmentally inclined ideas feel free to throw them up there, you'll get points for helping, and points lead to prizes, I'll even give you points for suggesting more prizes.

My major goals this season are to get those clans in the submission forum up into the wiki and help Empyrean really flesh out some nice spots within Taloba. Gardens, restaurants, tea and tobacco shops. If you have any suggestions throw em at us, otherwise, have fun in the jungle my lovely savages!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Empyrean on March 12th, 2014, 1:05 am

Hello, all! Make sure to check out the Seasonal Calendar and the Seasonal Goals and take advantage of this season! Anyone that completes all of the goals for spring will be rewarded with a shiny new medal created by Traverse! Take a look!
Empyrean
JrSt of Taloba

Words: 35380
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 8:03 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Traverse on March 19th, 2014, 3:31 pm

Hey guys, just dropping by to give a big ol' welcome to Kol, our newest inhabitant of the City of Bones, and to give you the link to Taloba's newest location:

Leth's Glow A nice high end restaurant with some Taloba flavor.

Remember if you guys have any moderation needs let Empyrean or I know, and I hope your Spring is going well so far!

-Traverse

Edit: Also this is as good a time as any to let you guys know I'm leaving Thursday night for a big ol' nerdy Anime Convention in Boston over this weekend and I won't be home till Sunday evening so if you're wondering where I am for the next few days, that'll be it.
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Office
Scrapbook
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Kol on March 19th, 2014, 5:19 pm

---
        OOC

Greetings, Taloba!
        And thank you for the welcome post, Traverse. I am pretty excited to be here, and even though things might run a little slower out here in the jungle, I'm ready to do my part. I'll definitely be aiming to do some (or all) of those seasonal challenges, some flashbacks, and maybe find Kol a nice little job.

Who knows what awaits. I'll catch you guys around.

:3 Shi/Kol
Kol
Player

Words: 105290
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2014, 12:11 am
Race: Myrian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Tinnok on March 26th, 2014, 4:12 pm

Hey guys!

I know I'm not in the character registry this season, but that is because my PC is most certainly not welcome in Taloba. That being said I would love to roleplay with any and all of you guys either via flashbacks or in the current season somewhere in the wilds so if you're interested in training, social, and or any sort of threads shoot me a PM and I'm sure we can work things out!

And if you don't I'll probably be PMing you sometime this season anyway teehee.
c

Image Image Image
Tinnok
A Witch of the Wilds

Words: 878542
Joined roleplay: February 3rd, 2013, 5:27 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) 2013 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Kol on March 28th, 2014, 5:00 pm

Just wanted to say hi to everyone/anyone in Taloba. I'm very excited to be writing with some great people (flashbacks or otherwise) and I can't wait to see what we come up. Expect replies soon. :D
Kol
Player

Words: 105290
Joined roleplay: March 7th, 2014, 12:11 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Featured Thread (1)

Postby Drigas on March 29th, 2014, 10:52 pm

Hey all, I'm new in Taloba. If you'd like to thread, drop me a PM. :)
Drigas
Player

Words: 1097
Joined roleplay: March 29th, 2014, 8:16 pm
Character sheet

Postby Catastrophe on March 30th, 2014, 3:18 am

Hello Kol and Drigas! Welcome to the jungle. I hope you have a wonderful time here full of adventure and danger. :)

Catastrophe
I'm Your Biggest Nightmare!

Words: 112948
Joined roleplay: March 25th, 2014, 10:42 pm
Office

Postby Oryani on March 30th, 2014, 4:03 pm

Since we're all doing it, I should introduce myself too! Oryani is in Taloba somewhere after the 80th, though it has yet to be worked out. I'd love to thread with all of you at sometime or another, but at the moment.. I want to wait until I've finished Oryani's arrival with Traverse.

If you've got a good idea, however, just PM me! We can always plot, or write dream threads, or... something.
Oryani
I'm still a Drykas

Words: 225246
Joined roleplay: October 1st, 2013, 11:30 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Endrykas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Next