Award Radiant is April's Featured Contributor!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

IC News travels slowly in Mizahar. Fortunately there is a constant stream of news from around campfires, from caravan to caravan and from merchants to merchants. Within this forum lies the best of the best of this talk. Also, within this forum, OOC news from the staff and players can be found. This forum requires all posts to be 'approved' by a Founder before they are displayed. So if you post within, be patient. Your post did display - it simply will not show to everyone until approved as actual 'news'. Please keep all Introductions, Status Updates, and various other discussions in their appropriate forums and leave this area for game news!

Radiant is April's Featured Contributor!

Postby Gossamer on April 1st, 2014, 9:18 pm

Hello Fellow Mizaharians!

Keeping with our tradition, the Founders Circle and Regional Storytellers are proud to announce that the Featured Contributor of the Month of April 2014 is Radiant! Radiant has been around as an AS forever and has recently stepped up to Domain Storyteller in the single most active city on the game. Radiant is everywhere as well, in chat, in the forums, always offering an opinion or insight. And for that we appreciate all the contributions this contributor offers. Please join us in welcoming him to the elite club of Featured Contributor! Her interview is below!

The Interview

1. What is your most lasting contribution to Mizhaar?

My most lasting contribution would be hmmm... of course! The First Public NPCs I made for Syliras! Ama the Radiant White Wolf and Street Rat the Pycon Information Gatherer. Now you guys see on one of my inspirations for picking up my mod account's name.

2. If you had one wish for Sylira in the future, one thing that could make the city truly amazing in your eyes, what would that one thing be?

Of course! I want one day to have a pair of PCs be Grandmaster and Lord Knight of The Syliran Knight Order! These awesome badass PCs will naturally have at least 3 Sylir gnosis mark! The Priest/tess of Peace and Civilization!

3. What is your worst pet peeve on the site? What is your favorite thing to see as a mod? These two can be anything at all.

My rather irritating pet peeve on the site is... to be honest, when someone makes a big deal out of someone's style of avatar or aesthetics choice even though the choices don't defy Mizahar's theme (Not robots, aliens, furries, etc) instead of the person's writing ability.

My favorite thing to see as a mod is to watch a player actually grows! From being a two-paragraphs short replier to someone who can make awesome detailed posts filled with interesting contents and intrigue. I love players who listen to advices, willing to learn, and ended up learning!

4. What is your favorite way to both contribute and see others contribute to Mizahar? Why?

My favorite way to contribute in Mizahar is, of course, be a Storyteller. In being a mod, I can devote an account fully for servicing others, creating exciting contents, plotting thrilling... plots :P, and grading awesome threads!

In return, I'd like to see more Storytellers that lasted more than six months here in Miz! So come! Join the Staff team! You won't regret it. ;) If you can't, Mizahar always need more Graders. *Shifts eyes to the ever-growing Grade Request thread* Always.

5. How has your time here on Mizahar changed your skill set and attitudes in real life? Has moderating and contributing helped change you at all?

As some of you may know, I'm a 2nd Language English Speaker living far, far, from both UK and USA where most of the speakers there has English as 1st Language. Mizahar has helped me tremendously to hone my English, specifically I can know understand fancy words and idioms where I'm sure I sound like a rigid robot in terms of vocabulary choice before.

Moderating and contributing has changed the way I behave, I'm a Perfectionist, I want everything to be done perfectly and just the way it should be, every little thing nags me to no end. In being a Mod, I learned that not everyone can do things as per procedure and not everyone appreciates following the rules to the "T". I learned to be more flexible, "always listening, always understanding", I strive to keep that principle both in and off Mizahar.

6. When working on projects for Mizahar, what’s the worst thing you've done/said when they've gotten frustrated with something they've been working on in game? This is both in game and in real life. Have you had to walk away from the site? Cuss? Throw things at the wall? Eat a giant sundae? Let us know.

Hmmm... there is not much negative experience I could recall in terms of working on Miz projects as an ST, however, if I must choose, there is this one time that I disappointed the Founders by creating two screwed up locations with so many issues, it's not even funny. I wasted both my DS (I was an AS) and Founder's time to slap me and get me back on track, I'm angry at myself for being so lacking back then. In real life, I simply facepalmed and rubbed the bridge of my nose.

7. What is your daily ritual when setting down to write for Miz as either a contributor or a player? Do you have special music? Favorite snack foods? Share some insight into your own personality?

My daily ritual before starting to write in Miz are... opening the necessary neat programs just one click away for the utmost enjoyable Miz experience, this includes Notepad++, Music player, and of course, my scrapbook filled with tunes from you awesome people!

My favorite music is J-Pop and Trance, yes, I love Japanese music. Favorite snack is Lychee Jelly, and I'm a perfectionist, I get things done, but I'm riled up easily at little mistakes.

8. Some people are really hesitant about stepping forward and volunteering. Do you have any advice for those who hesitate? Are there baby steps to get involved? What are your suggestions for getting them over their fears?

Don't be afraid! If you are eligible (Active, been here for 60 IRL days, have a clean slate), please do apply! The Staff world is not "Hai", it's the wonderful city of Syliras, Jewel of Sylira! We are organized, understanding, and hard-working. However, if you aren't still sure, you can go ahead and join to be a Junior Storyteller or a Grader!

9. What’s the one thing you are really picky about when it comes to contributing or Mizahar or moderating on the site?

The one thing I'm really picky about is following simple, general procedures such as Registering PCs, updating Ledger, updating Grades to the CS, and simple, but very important, things such as those. My 'pickyness' sometimes extended too far that I annoy people, I am sorry for any inconvenience I made, I just wanted the best for you guys.

10. Chat wants to know.. .Pie or Cake? And if neither why and if both why?

Cake, because Pie is not really popular in my country so I have a wide selection of cakes here and less pie, perhaps if I have the opportunity to visit Europe, I can taste some of the best cakes in the world, I heard French cakes are awesome and oh! Turkish Delight! They are... mini-cakes and Turkey is in Europe, right? :paranoid:

11. Okay, this is your soapbox time. What would you like to tell the people out here now that they’ve been fascinatingly reading your interview? You can have the center stage and lecture away!

First of all, Thank you to my fellow Mizaharians, that includes my thread partners, players, fellow STs, and dear Founders, thank you for going hand-in-hand in developing this amazing website, this gem I found on the internet. I know that my culture might differ from most of you, my choice of avatar styles might annoy some of you, but those trivial things should not matter in the face of our determination to keep Miz the greatest RP-ing site on the Net, with amazing lores, deep composed plots, intriguing characters, and many more!

On that note, let me give you a gem quote from Puella Magi Madoka Magica which is the source of my mod avatar, Goddess Madoka.

"Don't forget. Always, somewhere, someone is fighting for you. As long as you remember her, you are not alone." - PMMM

"Her" referring to Mizahar herself and her community, of course. ;)

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Orabelle Deepseeker on April 1st, 2014, 9:39 pm

Congrats Rad!
Fratavan|Common|Thoughts

"A Svefra never goes back on their word... never."
Orabelle Deepseeker
Nobody Special

Words: 107184
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2013, 6:23 pm
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

Postby Jax Bradshaw on April 1st, 2014, 9:46 pm

Well done, Radi!! :D
A crook, a killer, a thief and a liar.

Threads: 7/7
Sorry, but I'm full on threads for now.
Jax Bradshaw
I'm a God and it's judgement day.

Words: 43836
Joined roleplay: December 20th, 2013, 8:41 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Wanda Endust on April 1st, 2014, 9:48 pm

Awesome! Congratz Radi, this is very well deserved. :D All of Syliras is proud! And thanks for all the blood, sweat, and tears you've put into the domain!
Wanda Endust
Searching for purpose.

Words: 178647
Joined roleplay: May 18th, 2013, 6:10 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Artist (1)

Postby Nyxie Nadira Draer on April 1st, 2014, 9:57 pm

Congrats, Radi~! :)

Great interview - and YES! CAKE! :D
Nyxie Nadira Draer
slaver & swindler

Words: 111204
Joined roleplay: December 14th, 2013, 3:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)

Postby Empyrean on April 1st, 2014, 11:15 pm

Congratulations and thanks for all your hard work! Now more than ever, I hope you realize none of your dedication has gone unnoticed. You really do deserve this so enjoy it!
Empyrean
JrSt of Taloba

Words: 35380
Joined roleplay: October 7th, 2013, 8:03 pm
Office
Medals: 1
Trailblazer (1)

Postby Radiant on April 1st, 2014, 11:32 pm

Thank you, everyone! *Sprinkles pink confettis*
Radiant
Sailor Radiant

Words: 781936
Joined roleplay: July 2nd, 2013, 1:39 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Traverse on April 2nd, 2014, 2:06 am

Congratulations Radiant, this was most well deserved, and I loved the interview!
Traverse
Journey to your limits

Words: 1283282
Joined roleplay: December 18th, 2012, 4:16 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 7
Featured Contributor (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

Postby Serendipity on April 2nd, 2014, 9:14 am

Radi! :D Congratulations! You deserve this so much!

Hail Syliras! Hail Radiant!

Serendipity
One of Sylira's Little Helpers

Words: 24125
Joined roleplay: March 10th, 2014, 9:29 pm
Office

Next