Closed Misfits of the Eastern Road

Ser David Whitevine, his Squire Marrick, Ser Iros, and his squire Archailist Patrol the Eastern Road protecting the travellers to and From Zeltiva.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Misfits of the Eastern Road

Postby Marrick Corvis on November 6th, 2014, 5:40 am

Marrick nodded to his little friend. “Roight.” Marricks response was quiet and thoughtful. He lifted himself into the saddle with a groan, yet his mind was elsewhere. His distracted mind was teased back to the now when he noticed the cart they had defended. The children hung out the back of the wagon waving at them. ‘Sylir’s Peace n’ Yahal’s Faith, please don’t say yeh want teh be loike us. Live safe loives wee ones.’ The Kelvic thought to himself, a look of hardness to his face. But, just as the Kelvic anticipated. The oldest boy hung far from the cart with his arm flung wide in a thankful wave.

“Thank you Sers!” he shouted at them. “I want to be a knight someday!”

The Kelvic could only smile, while his heart was filled with a compassionate dread. He raised his hand high into the air and waved back. “Maybe someday ladd.” The Kelvic said softly. “But Oi hope yeh survoive teh see yer sixtieth winter.” The Kelvic gathered Kiters reins into his hands and squeezed her sides until she broke into a gate that quickly caught up with Archailist. As he rode alongside his companion he smiled thoughtfully and fixed the Pycon with a little smirk.

“We did well today wee brother. Someday we shall have teh share day o’ much deserved rest.” His gaze turned toward Syliras as he searched for the right words to express his appreciation for the little bit of clay. “Don’t ever let any biggun tell yeh yer too small fer anything wee brother. Yer a force o’ nature.” His words sounded right in his mind, and he smiled down at the little Pycon as he rode his dog. “OI’d roide with yeh any day.” The Kelvic bowed his head as low as he could without tipping over and then straightened.

He gave the Tiaden Mare a gentle tap of her sides and she sped along to ride on ahead to cover an open area of the thieves in their line. There would be no escape for these scoundrels. They would see to that.
Marrick Corvis
Rest under my Wing

Words: 268368
Joined roleplay: November 18th, 2013, 12:29 am
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Archailist on November 7th, 2014, 7:55 pm

My Words | Your Words | My Thoughts

The Pycon was just about to agree with the man on the subject of rest, especially since he could do with some after what they'd gone through that day, when Ser Iros spoke up on his behalf.
"You certainly shall, Arch. I think you've deserved a few days of rest before we begin our rigorous exercises again." Goodness, the man sounded pleased with the squirrel as well as himself. That was likely a first, considering the things they'd gone through together, mostly ending in disappointment because the Pycon couldn't lift something big or something. Perhaps this was the beginning of a beautiful relationship, not just with the fellow squire either. "Perhaps I should volunteer you to go out on more patrols like these. I'd like to see what else we can throw you at." Oh, the cheeky grin that flashed was that of an eight-year-old.

He'd chastise later. "Ha, I haven't so far, and I have no intention of starting now, thank you very much." The words were very right indeed, it was only a shame the squirrel couldn't really think of anything as memorable in return. "Don't let anyone tell you that knights shouldn't be allowed to fly either, heh." The bow only meant that the man was left looking down on the tiny squire, and the squirrel bowing in return wouldn't really have the same impact as the larger creature doing it, Arch thought. Instead he nodded his head with a wide grin pressing the corners of his cheeks well past what they should ordinary reach. Afterwards he sped ahead, and the squirrel remained behind with his patron to ensure that they could keep a watch over the entire line of them. The Akalak had been right, after all - it'd be a long ride back to Syliras, especially when they were hindered with all of their new 'passengers'.

Just out of the back of the wagon, he could see some of the children blowing raspberries at the men that only bells ago had been shooting arrows at them all. Some were still tending to the wounds suffered during the assault, although mercifully there were few. Likely they'd need to make several stops inside the walls of the castle to have things taken to, like the thick shafts still buried in the side of the wagon, not to mention the large amount of broken and battered belongings that would need various repairs and replacements. Strange, how once the adrenaline wore away and the battle faded from view, the little things began appearing again.

The men that had fallen, on both sides of the battle today, wouldn't be worrying about those little things any more. The thought burst through the little squirrels head like an arrow, causing his grip to tighten around the reins as though he was back in the moment, little paws wrapped around his neck while he choked for air, wide blue eyes pleadingly staring up at nothing as Dira swept down to claim his soul and send it on to the next life... no. It had to be done. He pushed those thoughts deep down, past the very nexus of his body, until the cries were so muffled under his clay that they were no longer coherent.
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Katelyn Marks on December 2nd, 2014, 1:49 am

Due Rewards

“After nourishment, shelter and companionship, stories are the thing we need most in the world.”
― Philip Pullman

Marrick

Skill EXP
Socialization +5
Observation +5
Riding: Horse +5
Tactics +3
Rhetoric +1
Weapon: Longbow +2
Weapon: Dagger +1
Leadership +3
Tracking +1
Unarmed Combat +2
Disguise +2
Land Navigation +1
Stealth +2
Acting +1
Acrobatics +1
Investigation +1
Running +1

Lores

➢ Ser Iros: Archailist's Patron
➢ Ser Iros: Syliran Knight
➢ Archailist: Fellow Underestimated Soul
➢ Archailist: Clay Squirrel
➢ Archailist: Syliran Squire
➢ Archailist: Brother in Arms
➢ Rhetoric: Leveling with Children
➢ Acting: Feigning Death

Shield Points: +1 for patron, +6 for patrolling, +3 for saving travelers from bandits

Consequences: Marrick is now going to be haunted by the memories of the men he has killed. He will have the occasional PTSD spell, remembering clearly exactly how they died, the looks of their faces, and the way he felt when he killed them.

Loot: The bandit's deer skin clothing and longbow.

Archailist

Skill EXP
Socialization +5
Observation +5
Riding: Dog +5
Tactics +3
Acrobatics +4
Endurance +1
Climbing +1
Unarmed Combat: Pyken +2
Philosophy +1
Leadership +1
Land Navigation +1
Investigation +1

Lores

➢ Riding: Dogback is Degrading
➢ Ser Whitevine: Marrick's Patron
➢ Ser Whitevine: Syliran Knight
➢ Marrick: Syliran Squire
➢ Marrick: Born in Ravok
➢ Marrick: Once a Slave
➢ Marrick: Raven Kelvic
➢ Marrick: Brother in Arms
➢ Kelvic Transformations

Shield Points: +1 for patron, +6 for patrolling, +3 for saving travelers from bandits

Comments

Note :
Goodness gracious you two, good job! There is a lot that I could compliment you for in this thread, but I'll keep it short and sweet. Both of you were wonderful. The way you each distinctly handled the situation and portrayed the combat well, and your interactions with each other and the NPCs. Marrick, way to take charge and really show some prime leadership. Arch, I like how you stuck to your character and took a different course than Marrick did. I was able to give you both quite a bit. I hope it's satisfactory!

If you have any concerns about your grade please feel free to send me a message.
Katelyn Marks
Gingersnap

Words: 226535
Joined roleplay: September 16th, 2014, 10:58 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Previous