[Location] The White Elk Stables

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This northernmost city is the home of Morwen, The Goddess of Winter, and her followers who dwell year round in a land of frozen wonder. [Lore]

Postby Cheshire on October 4th, 2010, 1:45 am

White Elk Stables

When the citizens of Avanthal need to store their animals they take them to the White Elk Stables. The White Elk Stables are run by Frostfawn hold but anyone can keep their animals in the Stables. The Stables are very large and made out of wood. They are very spacious and are surrounded by a large field so the animals can walk around if needed. Although most of the animals in the Stables are horses and elk there are other animals that live there. Lusina, the current manager of the Stables welcomes all animals large and small. She gives them all the attention they deserve if their owners do not visit them daily.

Inside the Stables is very warm. There are rows upon rows of individual stalls for each animal and each tenant is cared for expertly by the many Frostfawn members who work at the Stables. The staff is divided into specialties so each type of animal gets it's proper attention. The staff at the stables is large and quite like a big family. If one works there they can be sure they will have a whole new trove of friends within days.

(NPC) Lusina Frostfawn :
Name: Lusina Frostfawn
Race: Vantha
DoB: Summer 25, 487 AV
PoB: Avanthal
Title: Lead Groom
Skills: Animal Husbandry 70, Medicine 35, Herbalism 30, Riding 55, Horsemanship 45
Gnosis: 1 Mark of Morwen

Lusina runs the White Elk Stables along with her large staff of Frostfawns. She is a very mothering woman and is very close with Daluna Coolwater. She has some training from Whitevine hold which makes her able to help sick animals. She is very protective of the animals that she takes care of and would rather be killed than let anything happen to them.

Employment and Training :
Positions Available
VeterinarianMust demonstrate competent skills in medicine and animal husbandry6gm/day
Groom 1gm/day

Training Available
Animal Husbandry
Riding
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Evandro Stormstrider on February 3rd, 2011, 1:35 am

7th of Winter. 510 AV

He'd just entered the city not long ago but Evandro knew he first needed to find a place for his horse. Though he'd rather not part with it, it was more likely that the Vantha did not have places to keep their mounts within the visitor homes he'd heard about. He had high hopes for the stables, hope he only based on its sheer size. Normally he would not put his mare inside any sort of stables, it was bad for the horse's ability to withstand the cold, made it mal-accustomed.

His high hopes however were nearly shattered the moment he entered the place. The first thing that hit him: heat. While it was sure to be comfortable and inviting, the warmth was not ideal, not for a horse that needed to maintain its strength. No, it would not do.

Evandro made his way to the woman who seemed to be in charge and in a slowed rate, for he was not very used to speaking Common, said "You have place not so hot? For my horse, she needs place more cold. Just need roof from rain and snow but not much heat. You have place like this?"

His common was usually understandable, he'd learned some while still in Cyphrus and then in his journey leaving his homeland the Drykas realized how the language was indeed a necessity.
Evandro Stormstrider
Man's man, ladies man.

Words: 7498
Joined roleplay: February 1st, 2011, 9:29 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Cheshire on March 10th, 2011, 10:23 pm

OOCI am really sorry this took so long. The thread completely slipped my mind. I promise this will not happen again.
The stables were humming with the quiet buzz of the workers. Small talk was made between friends as the occasional horse or sheep let out a call. Lusina was in her own mind, the queen of this little kingdom. She kept it running smoothly and fairly although at times the younger workers needed to be scolded a bit. Young Frostfawns were truly a force to be reckoned with. They were just as wild, and often even more so, than the animals they kept so close. "Boys, stop gawking at Fidina and get back to cleaning the horses' hooves." The small group of men's eyes all flashed different colors in stereo showing their embarrassment. Lucina smiled and winked at Fidina. The boys never seemed to learn.

A man walked through the doors of the stables with a horse following closely after him. Lusina walked over to his side quickly not wanting to make the man wait. He seemed like an outsider and if that was the fact he could not let the man or his horse wait out in the snow. "Hello sir! I'm afraid if we do not keep the sables hot the horses will freeze. You are welcome to stay here though." She smiled as her eyes turned a sweet honey gold. "Come inside, please. There is no reason to stand out in the cold!"

Lusina lead the man into an open space for his horse. "Your horse should be more than happy here. Tell me about you though. You are clearly not from here." Lusina kept a sweet smile on her face, not wanting to scare the man. So many people became so frightened when they came face to face with Morwen's icy world.
Avanthal Lore | Vantha | Avanthal | Morwen
~-----------------------------------------------~
When I was just a kitten,
They said I'd be a gem.
But now that I'm a Cheshire Cat,
It's odd how odd I am...
Cheshire
Twenty Seconds of Insane Courage

Words: 336788
Joined roleplay: August 4th, 2010, 9:12 pm
Blog: View Blog (4)
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 5
Featured Contributor (1) Peer Reviewer (1)
Trailblazer (1) Power Fork (2)

Postby Kaito on September 28th, 2011, 1:21 am

29th Day of Fall 511AV

Kaito opened the doors to the stables and entered with a variety of things on her. She had her tent, a backpack, saddle bags and a water skin. Everything appeared to be full. After her trip to library last night, she had enjoyed her last night in Avanthal within the comforts of her tent and this morning had packed everything up before heading over here. "Good morning Lusina!" she called as she closed the doors behind her. She quickly made her way over to her Windrunner, "Good morning Yuki." she greeted the horse who simple gave a soft nicker in response. Kaito placed the saddle bags on top of her saddle which sat right outside of the stall before she proceeded with tying her tent onto the back of it. She then pulled a small brush out of the saddle bags and entered the stall to brush her horse. It was going to be a long trip, so she most certainly did not want anything stuck under her saddle.

After finishing her brushing and putting the brush back in the bag, she lifted the heavy saddle and placed it upon her horse's back before securing it with it's cinch. Then she grabbed her bridle and placed on the animal's head. Returning her backpack to it's previous post upon her back, Yuki and her made their way towards the door and with one last glance and a yelled "Good bye Lusina!" the pair headed off for the city gates and from there onto the adventures that would await them.
Kaito
The Wandering Fox

Words: 16598
Joined roleplay: September 25th, 2011, 9:22 pm
Race: Kelvic
Character sheet

Postby Kienwynn on December 18th, 2012, 3:11 am

17th Day of Winter 512 AV

Kienwynn entered the White Elk Stables with sure strides and a light brown falcon securely perched on her shoulders. Pulling the hood of her cloak down, she paused to smile at one of the many animals housed in the stables. She moved closer to stroke the beautiful young frostmarch mare, as she did so Rani gave out a small screech, startling the mare to the corner of her stall. Kienwynn shook her head and lifted a finger at Rani, "No need to be so jealous. We're here on business anyway." At that her eyes slowly melted into a bluish-green color as she began searching for Lusina, the head groom.

Kienwynn's search didn't last long, soon she caught sight of Lusina's long, deep brown hair. "Lusina!" She called, a smile claiming her face. She gave a small wave before approaching the woman. Kienwynn couldn't help but admire Lusina a little, she did get to spend the majority of her days with animals. A wonderous thing, it had to be. Kienwynn offered another smile, a smaller one this time. "It seems things are going well, as always. I was wondering, you were looking for a groom. Is that position still available?"
Kienwynn
Player

Words: 7250
Joined roleplay: December 15th, 2012, 5:26 am
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet

Postby Valkyrie on January 3rd, 2013, 8:06 pm

Lusina turned as she heard Kienwynn’s voice and smiled in greeting. Lusina was known as a motherly woman and she had taken many Frostfawn youth under her wing to teach them the proper way to care for their beloved animal companions.

“Hello Kienwynn. Looking for a job is it? I certainly could use an extra hand around the stables but it doesn’t pay much, unfortunately.” Lusina grimaced and shrugged. The low pay was usually the biggest turn off for those wishing to work with animals in the Stables. She couldn’t blame them though. Some of the grooms who worked for her and were highly committed to their job had to sleep in the hay mount in order to afford to work at the Stables.

“Do you have any experience working with animals?” Lusina asked and then glanced at the bird perched on Kienwynn’s shoulder. “Well, experience working with large animals. Hoofed animals primarily. Unfortunately your bird companion here will not be welcome in the stables unless it can learn to mind it’s manners and not frighten the other animals.”

Lusina jokingly shook her finger at the falcon to chastise it for scaring the horse earlier. She was serious about her warning concerning the bird, however. Lusina loved to welcome animals of all kinds into her stable but she couldn’t very well have predatory birds scaring the others.
VanthaAvanthalHoldsIcewatch

I will not be accepting new moderation requests at this time, I apologize for the inconvenience.
Valkyrie
Let me in! It's cold out here!

Words: 353067
Joined roleplay: June 20th, 2012, 9:44 pm
Office
Scrapbook
Medals: 2
Featured Contributor (1) Donor (1)

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on March 24th, 2013, 9:11 pm

--Spring 1 513AV--

Spirit stood at the entrance awkwardly, too shy to go further. She had come to ask Luisna for work, or a job, since she liked working with animals in general. Her plan was simply to walk up and ask, but at the last minute, her courage had failed her. Now she was in the doorway, hands clasped behind her back, with Wind sitting patiently a foot away. Finally, she called out

"Umm... Hello?" Her purple eyes scanned the area in front of her
"Anyone home?"
Last edited by Spirit Frostfawn on April 1st, 2013, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Noblesse on March 30th, 2013, 1:59 pm

From the entrance of the stables, Lusina heard a mousy voice asking whether there was someone present in the immediate vicinity. Walking closer to know who the inquiring person was, Lusina's features eased into recognition upon seeing Spirit Frostfawn.

"Hello Spirit! What are you doing over there? Don't be shy, come in!" Lusina ushered the young Frostfawn away from the doorway and further in the stables.

"So, how may I help you today?" The woman smiled warmly at the girl. Lusina noticed the girl's dog sitting patiently beside her. "Oh hello there," Lusina crooned. "You're a well-behaved dog. Spirit must have taken good care of you. However, we can't have you going very near the other animals, especially the horses. We can never be too sure." Lusina laughed, petting Husky's head affectionately. Even though she loved every kind of animal, she also had to take into consideration how the younger horses will react to the presence of an unfamiliar animal, especially those belonging in the canine family.

OOCPlease consider making your posts longer than this one. It would not only progress the story faster, but also give me and other players more to work with while threading with you. :)
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Office

Postby Spirit Frostfawn on March 30th, 2013, 5:46 pm

Spirit smiled back at the woman, feeling better, and looked back at Wind for a second.

"Stay here, alright?" The husky barked back in agreement, only really understanding the word 'stay'. When Spirit moved further into the stables, he waited obediently at the entrance. She straightened her clothes nervously, trying to decide how to pose her question. While attempting to decide, she offered a hand to a nearby horse to sniff, then patted it on the head. I had soft white fur, and looked well taken care of. Most of the horses and other animals in the stables did. She glanced back at Wind and caught what she thought was a slight bit of jealousy in his old features, but it was hard to tell in a dog. Though as soon as he saw she was paying attention to him now, he wagged his tail happily. Looking back at the horse, she rubbed the top of it's head. She was tempted to give it something, but wasn't sure if Lusina would approve.

"Hello!" She greeted the horse politely, causing it's ears to prick up, then turned to Lusina. She was waiting patiently, still smiling at Spirit warmly. She seemed completely open to anything Spirit could possibly say, which was comforting. Finally deciding what to say, she leaned on the corner of a stall and said, looking straight at the Vantha woman and asked,

"I was wondering about getting a job as a groom in the stables... I love working with animals, and I don't mind too much about the pay. Are there any spots open?" There was hope in Spirit's voice, but her worry was well contained, for once. She straightened her clothes and black hair, attempting to look more responsible and ready for the job, and watched Lusina carefully for any sign of a response.

Spirit Frostfawn
Whistle with the Birds

Words: 302388
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2013, 11:53 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Noblesse on March 31st, 2013, 7:52 pm

Lusina had taken many young Frostfawns under her wings, and she had seen a myriad of personalities in her many years of work at the stables, so she was not at all surprised that Spirit was a tad bit nervous in asking for a job as a groom. However, she always did her best to make them feel at ease within her presence.

"Yes, there are always a slot open, of course!" she exclaimed happily, the smile turning into an ecstatic grin. Lusina was glad that Spirit was not particular about receiving higher wages. Lately, some of the younger Frostfawns were quitting from work at the stables for a higher paying job. The low pay as a groom at the stables may seem inequitable at times, but for Lusina, seeing that her beloved animals are well taken care of felt much more rewarding than any prospect of better monetary incentives.

"I see that you love animals. That is indeed wonderful, for a person cannot be a good groom if one does not hold the animals close to their hearts." Lusina smiled and nodded wisely. "Now, have you had any experience with larger animals? By that, I mean hooved animals such as horses and elks. They would be the ones you would be caring for most of the time while you work here at the stables, so it would be great if you already have some kind of background with them."
Noblesse
Let them eat flavored snow!

Words: 181013
Joined roleplay: February 25th, 2013, 5:29 pm
Office

Next