I Need Help

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

In this forum, users can ask questions of one another to work through issues. New players are encouraged to ask their questions here before they turn to the Help Desk or a storyteller.

Moderators: Liaisons, Assistant Storytellers, Regional Storytellers, Domain Storytellers

I Need Help

Postby Logan Storm on March 13th, 2015, 1:01 pm

Erm.... Um... I know I am kinda new to all this, and please don't be angry with me if I interject into this thread everyone, but I would like to give a small advice that virtually everyone has probably already said.

First, Phaylix, please calm down. I know the specific effect of taking everything seriously. Anger is probably the only temper that causes a lot of problems. If you are not angry, then great, but you appear that way to the rest of us. So what if you believed that what Caelum said was wrong? Not claiming that he was or wasn't, he is just one man offering advise out of the many who are giving you pretty good ideas.

Meditate and calm down. You can wage wars on anger but it will solve only little. But you should be warned, the number one rule on any role playing site, for me, is to never wage wars with the admins/moderators because they will ban your ass sooner than you can send another post that annoys them, or another apology. And no one wants to be banned, hurts your pride more than a slap to your face. Probably is the virtual slap to your face.

Second, Gossamar said it and now I will repeat it, work on another character. Just until your first can be accepted. The admins made a giant world that hits closer to real life than any other role play site I have seen before. There is so much to do that has not been done in so many places, some that havn't even been role played in yet. There was actually TOO MUCH and the admins had to close a couple of places down. You can wait to be an assassin in Syliras while you are a whore in Ravok or Sunberth; or a pirate with one arm, leg, and a parrot in Zeltiva or the Suvan Sea. In my opinion, there is too much you could do in little time.

Lastly, there are some things you can't control, and I am pretty sure that you will, or have, experienced this in real life. Gossamar not wanting to remove the red X is just another boss not wanting to review your job application because it looks horrible, in your opinion maybe. You can either do what the boss says and fix the job application or apply for another job. Those are about the only things you can control. You can try your hardest to change Goss' mind, but if it's not getting anywhere then it's not worth trying. It gets frustrating sometimes, and sometimes 'sometimes' becomes 'every time,' but trying to control the uncontrollable will only make things more frustrating. Do what is in your power to do, not what is above your own head.

Recap: Do some Yoga, create a new character, don't try to control the situation, or get your ass banned. Personally, I would go with becoming a whore in Sunberth. :D
Logan Storm
Player

Words: 119475
Joined roleplay: February 23rd, 2015, 7:56 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Plotnotes

I Need Help

Postby Matthew on March 13th, 2015, 9:00 pm

I understand, and I will take your comments gracefully and respectfully.

You said this and I was all on board with you. I was seriously ready to help and do my best to be polite. Then you went and were a total ass cactus in your very first response to comments that were given as requested. Do you realize this?

It's unnecessary and condescending, like telling a five-year-old to let little Suzie Smilecakes play with him, so she's not left out.

I UNDERSTAND having an ailing family member. It's horrible, and I understand the process. I feel for Gossamer.

I need someone to help me get my CS approved.

"Yeah, I understand she has some RL problems that are pretty severe. But, like, I've been waiting a week over here."

I mean, seriously. You are sitting here whining because you aren't being allowed to play. Then, when someone actually gives you some polite criticism, you lash out. You are acting like a total douche waffle. I get it, I understand that waiting is super hard. I've had to wait for things too and it really sucks. But sometimes you have to wait. Finding something else to do. Take a break.

Oh wait. This has all already been said. You think you are having a hard time wrapping your head around this stuff? You have no idea. I'm still wrapping my head around someone who was an assassin before they were even conceived.

I'm using a lot of formatting here because I am specifically making sure that you can tell I am being condescending. You are acting immature and selfish here. You deserved the intervention, the lock on your CS, and no one owes you a thing. This issue should have long since been resolved? I'm amazed you haven't been banned. I truly am. Do you think acting like this will actually get you somewhere? At this point, it isn't even as much a problem with your character as it is a problem with you.

I sent you a PM offering to help, if you are willing to swallow your pride.

I apologize if it offends you that I am talking down to you, but at this point, it seems to be the only sort of language you speak. You show us respect, we'll show you respect. You were shown respect even when you weren't giving it in return and you still pitched a hissy fit. Like I said, I can try and help, but the attitude will definitely have to change if you want to get anywhere with this. You do that, and I'll be happy to treat you like an adult, sit down, and go over your CS with you. I'm likely to repeat everything you have already been told, but we'll see.

Last edited by Matthew on March 13th, 2015, 10:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

I Need Help

Postby Ssezzkero on March 13th, 2015, 9:24 pm

Amen!
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

I Need Help

Postby Phaylix Whitevine on March 14th, 2015, 1:35 am

P H A Y L I X

You can bet your sweet ass I'm a douche waffle. You can bet all of your life savings.

This has started to get ridiculous, rather quickly. I WILL speak down to whoever I deem fit, that I am positive. I WILL assk-iss to get what I desire, because who wouldn't?

"I wouldn't, Phay, I have too much pride-"

No, you don't.

Low-key, you may think whatever you please of me. I am a douche. I won't deny it. But this "empathy" BS, no.

No.

You people couldn't wait to tear into my ass, couldn't you?

"Novice player complaining, moving in for the kill."

But what should I have expected on the Internet?

I will be patient. I will be respectful.

I will wait.
MADNESS Is Hereditary

COMMON | VANI | SYMENOS | Thoughts
Phaylix Whitevine
MADNESS Is Hereditary

Words: 32937
Joined roleplay: December 26th, 2014, 4:46 pm
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

I Need Help

Postby Keene Ward on March 14th, 2015, 2:49 am

Wat.
Keene Ward
Chilly Wizard

Words: 1279864
Joined roleplay: October 16th, 2014, 2:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 6
Featured Character (1) Artist (1)
Overlored (1) One Million Words! (1)
2014 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1) 2014 Top NaNo Word Count (1)

I Need Help

Postby Aventis on March 14th, 2015, 2:50 am

... Two words are all I have to offer.

Calm down.

Credit to: Rhys for picture edit, Redd and Estellir Konrath for Boxcodes, and Fallon for Signature

Shameless self advertising. Feel free to make a request!

Aventis
Your brother in multiple arms

Words: 158586
Joined roleplay: October 22nd, 2014, 9:14 pm
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1)

I Need Help

Postby Ssezzkero on March 14th, 2015, 3:24 am

Get him some spaghetti, he is too upsetti.

I don't know about ya'll, but I'm done. We tried, we really did. But is this really worth any of our time? No, no its not.
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

I Need Help

Postby Lorden Ladis on March 14th, 2015, 4:26 am

You know, I bet more than half of us would be willing to forget this, if you just took Ave's advice, and calmed down. We don't think you're a sociopath, and we're not going to hate you forever, just for this.

Goss even said, after everything, that you can still play. I for one am not surprised you're not banned. Why? Because, believe it or not, Miz players and admins are decent people. I would warn you, however, that you're well on your way to getting there, if you keep going at this, and escalate it any further. Obviously, tensions are running high.

Flip it around my friend, take Matt's offer if you really want help; he's the best guy for it, dude's a Miz pro. Swallow it, if you have to, that's cool too. Just please take the get out of jail free card, that's being waived in your face. Again, if you want to get a bit of respect up and running, I'd chill out. Else you take it past the point of no return. Regards Phay.

- Nathaniel
Lorden Ladis
Arm of the Law

Words: 178541
Joined roleplay: January 29th, 2015, 1:16 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes

I Need Help

Postby Nivel on March 14th, 2015, 8:09 am

before you respond watch this video of adorable puppies
Nivel
The Pint-Sized Mage

Words: 461307
Joined roleplay: March 24th, 2014, 7:06 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Donor (1)

I Need Help

Postby Archailist on March 14th, 2015, 10:48 am

I dare say the situation at hand has reached a point of high intensity at an accelerated pace. :retard:

Anyway, I'm thinking that you asked for advice, you got it. Whatever will be will be.

Does that sum everything up? Can we put this away?
Archailist
And the potter said unto the clay, BE WARE...

Words: 942771
Joined roleplay: November 28th, 2013, 8:20 pm
Blog: View Blog (1)
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

PreviousNext