Interest in a tabletop RPG?

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role play forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to place any off topic chatter, thread games, etc here.

Postby Matthew on March 17th, 2015, 1:12 pm

I am looking to see if I can possibly get four players who would be interested in playing a biweekly tabletop roleplaying game that I would DM. This would not be a game set in the Mizahar world. It would be held on a website that provides a virtual tabletop people can use to play tabletop RPGs over the internet. It contains dice rollers, stores character sheets, etc. We would use Skype for voice chat.

I am looking for people who would enjoy a roleplay-heavy game and be able to dedicate a couple hours of time per game session.

For those who aren't familiar with tabletop RPGs, you can find a description here. Dungeons and Dragons is the one that most people probably know by name. This game would be using a system called Pathfinder. New players are certainly welcome.

Plot Tease :
Numeria has a long history of mystery and wonder buried under its rugged landscape, for on that one fateful night thousands of years ago, the Rain of Stars scarred the land. The fragmented remnants of a ship from beyond the stars fell from the sky, scattering strange technological ruins and deadly perils across the land. Today, these sites are feared by the barbaric tribes and coveted by the sinister spellcasters of the Technic League. Yet something worse than brutish berserker or super-science wizard has risen to power in these hidden technological halls. The Iron Gods are ready to make their presence known, and if they are not opposed by the region’s newest heroes, a scourge unlike any the Inner Sea has seen will arise!

Of course, this isn't the only option available. I am willing to DM everything from modern horror to a more rules-lite fantasy game. If you are interested in something specific, just let me know.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Words: 1100152
Joined roleplay: June 24th, 2013, 9:37 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Guest Storyteller (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Hirem on March 17th, 2015, 2:40 pm

I see someone has been paying attention to the Pathfinder Adventure Paths. :)

I would love to join the group as a player, if possible! I've got about a year of Pathfinder experience, so I could teach new players if you need the help. For a virtual tabletop, may I recommend roll20? They have custom maps and tokens available for use, as well as some nifty tools to help speed up a few game mechanics.

My PCs:
Hirem
Hirem
The golden age is over.

Words: 615712
Joined roleplay: November 26th, 2009, 3:50 am
Race: Human, Benshira
Character sheet
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Featured Thread (1) Donor (1)

Postby Matthew on March 17th, 2015, 3:08 pm

I am a huge fan of those Adventure Paths, especially when trying to introduce newer players to the game. I am also extremely familiar with Roll20, and it is what I was planning to use.

I will mark you down as a player, then. One player has already expressed interest to me privately, so that is possibly 2 out of 4. I will PM you later today to try and work out what openings you have in your schedule.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby Yra on March 17th, 2015, 3:11 pm

Dude. I'm up for this! I've always wanted to play a tabletop game, so I'd be totally psyched if I could get into this one.
Yra
there are no strings on me.

Words: 66902
Joined roleplay: July 20th, 2014, 3:32 am
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Gossamer on March 17th, 2015, 4:30 pm

I'd do it for sure.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on March 17th, 2015, 4:41 pm

I've never actually done a tabletop RPG before, but I've been interested in trying one out for awhile.

So if there is space I'd be interested in learning.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Ball on March 17th, 2015, 5:29 pm

I would love to if I had more time to dedicate to just playing =(
Avatar CreditsMy lovely Avatar was drawn and created by the most awesome Nivel

Graders Please Note :
As Ball is getting closer and closer to maxing out Pyken as a skill, I would like to request that in places where Ball is not doing enough to constitute Pyken XP if Pyken technique lores could be issued instead.

Examples of proper XP level for Pyken would be: Ball developing or refining his technique by adding new thing against an actual moving target, not a dummy.

The use of basic skills alone are not enough to accomplish XP at Ball's current level of Pyken.

Thank you.

I will be handling all Ball related posts on Mondays @ 1800 my time *
Ball
Ser Ball -- Pycon Knight of Syliras

Words: 460478
Joined roleplay: January 31st, 2012, 4:52 pm
Race: Pycon
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Contributor (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Matthew on March 17th, 2015, 5:31 pm

If anything, for those who want to learn how to play or just give it a shot, I might could schedule a game that can be finished in a single night. While most tabletop games involve campaigns that last for months or years, there are certainly ways to just play stand-alone adventures.

Matthew
Malfunctioning

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
One Million Words! (1)

Postby William Schutz on March 17th, 2015, 6:00 pm

I'm actually very interested in this :).
I'm only avaible for play in sunday though :/. So I guess I'm not able to play.

Also can I ask which website you have in mind? I know off roll20 myself and that's a good free one. (you can pay to get extra things like more tokens to use. get access to in development stuff. etc.)
William Schutz
Clawed undead

Words: 11374
Joined roleplay: March 5th, 2015, 8:29 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ssezzkero on March 17th, 2015, 6:37 pm

*Sighs* If I had that kind of stable time in my schedule I would jump on this. I don't so I'm just sending a ghost of a "yes" just for the heck of it.
Ssezzkero
Player

Words: 249053
Joined roleplay: July 24th, 2014, 4:14 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Next