Completed Experiments of the Mind: Rituals With-in [3]

The plot thickens as Shimoje trains for what is to come!

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forum. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

This shining population center is considered the jewel of The Sylira Region. Home of the vast majority of Mizahar's population, Syliras is nestled in a quiet, sprawling valley on the shores of the Suvan Sea. [Lore]

Experiments of the Mind: Rituals With-in [3]

Postby Shimoje on April 26th, 2016, 11:29 pm

1st thread in series:Adventure of a Scientist[1]
2nd thread in series: Lets Hope This Works[2]

33rd of Spring 516 A.V. 14th Bell

Once again a rat had scurried across Shimoje’s feet. He despised the city at times, a stench that could never pass or be made to smell better. At times he had gotten used to the scent, and at others, like now it has nauseated him. The stress of the smells showed in his face and before long he had the strong urge to get as far away from this area as possible. To his luck, Ferrin had finally showed up and along with him a blonde haired woman who bore pale skin and a friendly smile. She bore a hasted braid and dark grey eyes. Ferrin had surely done well for himself if this was indeed a woman who had chosen to stay with him.

To his surprise she quickly pattered down to meet up with the two. He was afraid that perhaps she wouldn’t have a sense of urgency and be fashionably late, but this was not the case. Definitely not a Zeltivian woman, that was for sure. Shimoje met her smile with one of his own, his near perfect teeth aside from stains of improper care since his arrival at Syliras, had shown slightly. He met her eyes with his own, trying to get a proper greeting and introduction. Shades of bright green met grey, and with it a sparkle of excitement.

“So you are the dagger wielder that Ferrin has talked to me so much about?” Shimoje knew that Ferrin hadn’t explained too much of her to him, but he humored the lady regardless. It wasn’t too long ago actually that he had poked fun at her without knowing her – hoping she wasn’t hot headed. “Anyways, I am Shimoje – and pleased to meet you!” He graciously bowed at his hips and stared upwards. This kind of display Shimoje had not shown often, except for when he was in a good mood. “Let us proceed then!”

The trio walked down for what seemed to be a little way until they had reached the pits. He had taken the lead and let Ferrin and Jade talk idly behind him if they were to do such a thing. He assumed that the two would want their privacy. Besides, Shimoje often felt like an outsider here, and why should this situation be any different?

Along the way Shimoje spotted a few interested people staring their way. Most likely the usual attention he had gotten for his bald head, but he just ignored it. At least he did until this young boy practically followed him with his eyes. Once he had noticed he decided to stop abruptly, like someone had just tied him up and looked at the boy with his frozen stance. It was a rather strange move, that is for sure, and probably confusing to the two who had been following him. He patted his head and asked if the boy would like to feel it. With a bit of excitement, the boy rushed over giggling and Shimoje leaned over. “That is so weird!” the boy giggled out “Why is it like that?” he had asked with a young boy’s curiosity. “Well, when I was younger I got into other people’s business, and my father shaved it all off. I haven’t been able to grow it since!” Shimoje was lying of course, and with a shock the young boy dropped his jaw and walked away after saying “sorry” in a rather solemn tone.

With a smirk Shimoje had continued his walk towards the Pits, and soon enough they had reached their destination. It was filled with various people sparring and taking up sweaty workout to a new extreme that Shimoje hadn’t seen before. All of his previous visits had been much less cluttered with people. A few men spectating their favorite spar were shouting and encouraging a duel which occurred between two knights. They were clad heavily with armor and both had a sword and a shield. Each strike seemed to flare off of each other, and the occasional twist and turn of the blade would be reflected by a well placed block.

Shimoje could only hope to ever reach such a potential. Last time he had sparred left him with a bruised rib, which still showed signs of pain to this day. That damned bruise was a complete nuisance, but somehow he didn’t mind the pain. In fact, he had begun to start to enjoy the pain. It was as if his threshold had been increased for some reason, but that could a new frame of mind after experiencing the blood and slaughter that occurred from the bronze woods.

The pits. They were dirty as always, at least the lighting was far better this time. It was cloudy out with the occasional sun that would grace the pits with rays of light. Shimoje waited for Ferrin and Jade to approach and took out his wooden dagger eager to begin with the fair lady. He had his confidence about him, and with a loose stance he raised the dagger towards her. He remembered something that the man who had sparred with him before said. “You don’t want your enemy to get in close to you.” With that he charged towards Jade, dagger in hand. His run wasn’t that fast, but just fast enough to be considered a sprint. He shifted his weight onto one leg like he would when grasping the sails of a ship, and it stopped him abruptly right before Jade. He had been but maybe a few feet from Jade and he motioned for her to take up the wooden dagger that Ferrin held. He didn’t want to be sliced in this spar, he couldn’t afford another injury before the situations that would occur when soon happen.

With a smirk he had but one thing to say before taking a hand at making the first move “You look pretty today!” He only stated such as a way to distract Jade, and with it he palmed the hilt of his dagger like he would a woodcutting knife and flicked his wrist out to make a long slashing movement straight towards her neck.
Last edited by Shimoje on May 14th, 2016, 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

Imagetest test testtest testtestesteste testtettttttt Image

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Words: 301120
Joined roleplay: March 26th, 2016, 11:25 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 27th, 2016, 12:33 pm

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

Ferrin knew that teaching Shimoje would start out rough, but if Jade would ever need any help. Ferrin would be right there. He hadn't figured though, why Shimoje stopped all of a sudden and he instantly bumped the man from behind. Ferrin was oblivious at that moment when he was talking to Jade. Clay oof. Thought the Kenashian as he rubbed the brim of his nose and checked his longbow. They were both fine.

Soon, there was a little kid who asked to Pat Shimojes' peculiar bald head. The boy commented it as "weird," it was a bit weird for Ferrin to. And of course Ferrin smirked at the comment of why Shimoje had had it shaved off. Though, Ferrin knew it was only a joke. He wondered if it were for religious purposes? Is he religious at all though?

The boy scurried away and the walk continued. Ferrin turned back at Jade. "So, my uncle. We'll find him, hopefully. I'm sure. Jade, do you know anyone else who can help?" Asked Ferrin curiously. Though, Ferrin knew that his patron was resourceful and he knew the Bronze Woods well when it came to patrols. Even better then Ferrin did to be honest.

Within a few chimes, the trio made it to their destination. It was crowded. Instantly, already there was chatter and commotion going on within the Pits. Some were explaining how it was a spar against some Knights. Surely, Ferrin wouldn't want to miss it, but he needed to help his new acquaintance. Jade appeared to be fully ready with this training thing. Of course.

Ferrin hadn't seen Jade in combat before and figured that it would go quite well. The last time she had been in combat though, things were getting out of hand with a few drunken men. That was when Ferrin confronted the men and Jade had lost her dagger. So Ferrin took her to the Bazaar and helped her out with getting a new dagger.

"Jade, you ready for this?" Asjed Ferrin exuberantly as he noticed Shimoje prepare for the first attempt. It was obvious that he was anxious to get things started. So with that, Ferrin stood a few yards away with his gear and set his hunting stuff beside him on the ground and he had enough time to get a bit closer be re Shimoje had his first rookie attempt at Jade. If something would go wrong Ferrin would intercept with his shortened broadsword.

OOCJust to let you know Shim. A beginning dagger wielder won't aim directly at the neck as his first attempt. It would.most likely be aimed towards the neck, but Jade you can say that you've dodged it because your skills are higher then Shimojes. Though if you want you can give him a lucky shot at your arm while you dodged it or something.

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :
Dimensions Changed to: 300x150 pixels.

Credits to Prophet for making this amazing Sig. He does a great job!
I'm Open To Guest Storytelling Let Me Know, and I'll See What I Can Do!
|| Syliras Lore * Syliras * Plotnotes * My Scrap *Ferrins CS ||
Ferrin Al'Mandrikan
Loving Family Man - Protective Squire

Words: 705389
Joined roleplay: July 16th, 2015, 1:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

Postby Jade Laken on April 27th, 2016, 2:53 pm

"The only person I would know of that would know the forest would be an acquaintance I made earlier in the season. His name is Halar, a white tiger kelvic who spends most of his time hunting in the woods. I have not seen him since though," Jade asked they walked and giggled gently when the young one rubbed his head.

The blond listened as Ferrin explained what was going on further. She hated that her skills were weaker than they should have been.

"I will help in any way I can," Jade said as soon the three arrived at the pits.

Jade crinkled her nose at the smell. A shiver ran down her spin seeing a very muscular knight pushing himself into a sweaty mess. Looking away she tried not to hurl at the smell. Taking the dagger she stood before Shimoje with no real defense up. The very bounciness in his stepped showed that he was excited and possibly anxious. That would end up working against him. Not even flinching the blond dodged his wild swing towards her neck. Watching she stabbed into the back of the mans arm as he barely nicked her other arm.

"Calm yourself. Center your thoughts don't let you excitement to learn over power your judgement and never go for the obvious hit," Jade said with a smile
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Collin Ashcroft on April 29th, 2016, 2:37 pm

"Move your feet, lad! You're like a stump rooted to the ground. Get out of there!"

Sweat dripped down Collin's nose and he panted under the onslaught of his opponents blows upon his shield. He was braced beneath the steel, shouldering the weight of the sword's swings. Each smash sent metallic reverberations through his head and jolted his shoulder. He was backed against the low wall of the pit, cornered and tired. His patron berated him loudly, trying to coax him into out of the defensive.

Clang! Clang! Scree-eech!

Drawing in a deep breath, the Squire shoved off the wall and used it as leverage for his attack. He threw himself at the young sellsword with his shield up, eyes fierce over the rim, and bashed him with as much force as he could muster. The other man held no shield and two of them went tumbling into the dirt, a tangle of limbs and curses.

"Get up!" his patron urged, and Collin scrambled to his feet, slow with exhaustion. The shield was getting too heavy now, and he quickly unbuckled it, letting it fall to the dirt beside him. He hefted his blade in both hands, adjusting his sweating fingers on the leather-wrapped hilt. His opponent was on his feet again as well and wasted no time in retaliating.

His blade came down on Collin's, fast and furious, and the ring of steel echoed in his ears. He pushed up with the strength of both arms, throwing the sellsword back and lunging at his exposed belly in a one-handed thrust. The man dodged it awkwardly by bending to the side and stumbling a few steps. When he regained his footing they regarded each other carefully for a short moment, slowly circling with their swords raised at the ready.

The Squire attacked first this time, closing the circle with a few quick strides while attempting another thrust. The mercenary parried his blade away to the side but Collin kept coming, charging at him while both of their swords were still locked and connecting a swift kick to the side of his knee. The man buckled instantly, yelling in surprise more than pain, and before he could try to scrambled back to his feet Collin leveled his sword at the young man's chest.

They glared at one another between heavy breaths, each drenched in sweat and shaking with exhaustion. After a moment they each grinned, and Collin offered a hand to help the man up.

"Best two out of three?" the Squire offered, and the sellsword slapped him on the shoulder.

"Gimme a few chimes to make certain ye dinna break me anywheres."

The Squire nodded and shuffled back to his patron, retrieving his shield from the dirt as he passed. The Knight nodded his approval and handed him a bloated waterskin once he'd sheathed his sword. Collin took a long draught then dumped a large portion over his sweaty head, soaking his hair and shoulders.

"We need to work on your feet. You have a bad habit of getting yourself trapped under that shield... but you pulled out of it this time, so good work." He smiled with tired satisfaction. "You still have a long way to go lad. Take a rest and we'll start again."

Collin took another swig of water and left his patron to talk with a few men who'd just finished sparring with spears. He walked along the wall of the pit watching the other groups practice, trying to pick up any tricks he could while he regained his breath and some energy. It was a nice change of pace compared to the Order's training grounds. Ser Blackburn felt it was important to be exposed to more than just other Squires. It would be men and women like this that he would have to deal with in the line of duty.
Collin Ashcroft
Player

Words: 24034
Joined roleplay: April 18th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Character sheet
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on April 29th, 2016, 5:39 pm

The knights continued their sparring with a great fury. Sword and shield clashed in battle that was almost harmonic, and the crowds had grown larger. Their fighting danced around the pits in an expedient manner. A few shouts were heard and occasionally the images would be seen from the sparring of the bald headed Zeltivian and the blonde haired maiden. Sweat was already starting to profusely drop from Shimoje’s forehead. The sun glaring down didn’t seem to help. Perhaps, it was more so the nervousness in battle than anything else. Shimoje couldn’t let a girl beat him.

From the distance a hysterical laugh was heard once more, followed by that annoying screech of a voice pointing fun at the bald man. “Oh, was Gerard too rough for you!?” he menaced. Ceryn once again was at the pits, absent and probably particularly bored without his friend Yargul to spar with him. Ceryn scoffed and approached the two as they dueled. Shimoje was knocked off balance by the blonde’s dodge and knicked him on his arm with the wooden dagger. That move probably would have cut fairly deeply if a real blade.

She was right though, Shimoje was far too excited and perhaps acted out of turn. For the most part Shimoje’s unskilled training in battle had led him to be distracted by Clyde, when he let out a bursting yell “Don’t drop your guard, bright one!” With that Shimoje once again turned his attention to the battle once again, but not till he had regained his stance and grip upon his wooden blade. He looked towards Jade’s stance and tried to replicate the free flowing and neutrality of it all. She seemed completely calm and it was as if her body was relaxed.

With a few deep breaths Shimoje did the same, and dropped his dagger to a more neutral point hiding it behind his wrist as he would a woodcarver’s knife held in the palm. It seemed natural this way. “Never go for the obvious hit.” He said to himself in his head. He was afraid to take up blade once again, afraid to be countered once again so easily. Though, with a much more relaxed frame of mind, and battles roaring throughout the pits Shimoje took his stance once again. He slimed his body and held his knife in the opposite hand facing his opponent.

He was wanting to try a move that he had seen a squire and knight attempt earlier. He had no shield laced to his arms, but perhaps his free defense could at least hide his action that he was about to attempt. With a smile he took a few steps toward Jade and tried to get inside her head. He couldn’t begin to think of what action she would take to counter him, but the obvious one would be to deflect anything that came his way. He figured that perhaps she would not notice which hand he had grasped the knife and took a few more steps toward Jade, quickening his pace.

With bad footwork he tried to spin a slash at Jade but fell in the process. She would be sure to try and take advantage of the mistake and as he fell to the ground his took his wooden dagger with both hands and thrusted upward towards where she was. If it would contact the blade might hit her thigh. Shimoje struggled to grab footing and balance after such a move, and to make matters worse he stumbled towards a man who looked like another squire. “Geeze, there are a lot of you out here!” He said as he bumped into him. He looked back towards Jade and she was just a few feet ahead of him.

He didn’t want to stop his training, and stood up gathering his composure. Ceryl was there laughing at the whole situation. “They are your legs, learn how to use them.” He went up to the bald headed Zeltivian and slapped him on his head. “You’ve got to do better, else you’ll end up dead or missing like Yargul.” This comment only reminded Shimoje, and with a drop of stance Shimoje started to speak to Ceryl over the affairs of Yargul and how he might think that he fell victim to a ritual, but is unsure of how it ended up.

Ceryl’s face grew gloomy, then with surprise he once again was at his insulting antics “You killed a group of bandits by yourself?” He had questioned and scoffed. “Well, no Ferrin” Shimoje shifted his eyes to the Kerdashian “Helped me out as well. I wouldn’t have made it out alive if not for him. Though we must find both Yargul and Ferrin’s patron Ser Xervos.” He had replied to Ceryl. “I want to help, and perhaps we might be able to find a bit more people here in the pits that could help as well.” Ceryl said as he scanned around. The pits were full of capable fighters, but with a turn Ceryl laid his eyes upon Collin which Shimoje had just bumped into. “Hey you, you overheard all of this right? Aren’t you bound by duty to assist another knight?” Ceryl scoffed at the squire.

“Shimoje here may not have much on the means of offense, but I feel if we can teach him at least to defend himself he might just survive this expedition.”
Ceryl turned back to Shimoje and smirked. With a flurry of hands, he had begun to start slapping Shimoje silly. The sheer power behind his slaps was remarkable, and his speed showed skill that only a brawler might have. “Comeon, Shimoje – you would die if I had weapons!” Shimoje fell to the ground by the assault, and had taken this offense very seriously. He was no longer excited, but instead desperate to learn how to defend himself. Ceryl approached Shimoje while he was just sitting there and threw back a leg prepping for a kick. He was putting a lot of power behind it. All Shimoje could do was try to block it by covering his body with his hands like in a seating fetal position. Then all of a sudden a bunch of sand and dirt hit Shimoje straight in the face.

Ceryl spat at Shimoje’s feet and grimaced in the lack of skill that the bald Zeltivian had. “Now what did you do wrong there? You coward. Stand up and defend yourself. I will not have you out there without knowing the basics to defend yourself. Use that damned dagger like it is an extension of yourself.” Ceryl had grown impatient with Shimoje, and as he finally climbed back to his feet and wiped the dirt off of his face he stood there almost bewildered in what had just happened.

“I give up. You three, teach him what he needs to know otherwise I will not go with you on your suicide run.”
Ceryl explained to the group standing around him and laughed a bit harshly.

Should the group continue to teach Shimoje of the ways of defense in a flurry of assaults or take a more educational approach he would absorb and take the teaching very seriously with an angst and willingness to learn.
Shortly after departure of the Tipsy Wench, a deeply held secret started to show itself as Shimoje's mental stability started to become more clear. His hand will bear the mark of Lykata and glow with a symbol of Lormar.

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on April 29th, 2016, 9:22 pm

"Speech" -- Timestamp -- Thoughts

Ferrin walked back and forth and spectated the spar between Jade and Shimoje. The cool crisped winds brushed away the curls in front of Ferrins face. The tension of his eyes lingered. Ferrin still felt droopy, but he kept his eyes open by having focus on his surroundings. The Pits. The spectators around the Pits. Jade & Shimoje. Jade managed to avoid the attack from Shimoje and slashed his his attacking arm. Ferrin grimaced.

The cool winds chipped at his hair, Ferrin hadn't felt bothered by it one bit. His eyes were now locked onto the battle before him, the eagerness of wanting to duel fueled him. He aost laughed, but held the want back as Shimoje stumbled. Jade of course took advantage and as Shimoje fell into another squire from the looks of it. Ferrin hadn't seen the squire before. Though, he doesn't really take his time to know his fellow Squire mates.

As Shimoje fell, Ferrin looked to his own side and noticed Ceryl walking towards him. The almost burly man with muscles scoffed at Shimojes incompetence. Ferrin figured that he was trying to hold back a laugh, but couldn't help himself. Shimoje then stood up as Ceryl began explaining how Shimoje should always focus on the battle before him and not his distractions.

Ferrin stopped pacing. He scanned Ceryl, the bags around his eyes appeared to have bags of a dark hued tiredness to them. His muscles looked tensed and his visage emerged with a look of sternness. He completely expressed to the lot of them before Ceryl that they should all teach Shimoje, so that Ceryl could even think about going with them on this suicidal mission."Your partner, Yargul. He's missing as well. You don't want to go looking for him?" Said Ferrin simply as he stepped closer to Ceryl.

"No, yer missing the point las. Shimoje here is to inexperienced. He needs the training. That's all I got ter say." Ferrin looked back from Collin, to Jade, and to Shimoje. Then back again. Teach Shimoje? Ferrin barely remembered his techniques with the sword. Though, he's been learning new things from his uncle now. But, that can change in the future. Ferrin turned round, dirt kicked up and he confronted Shimoje after the little confrontation between Ceryl and the foreigner. "Shim, always keep your guard up. There are many things around you that you can use to your advantage. Talking about them won't help your side. Be careful with your swings, try to aim low if you can. Not up." It was the basics at least of what Ferrin can inscribe into Shimoje. All information, for the best information.

Credits go to Aislyn

"With a heart of steel, I raise my blade in combat. The only thoughts I have in my mind is whether I'd return home to my family. I am a soldier, and will fight for love and peace. That is the way of being a Syliran Knight"-Ferrin.

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on April 30th, 2016, 12:31 am

Jade snickered some when he fell over into another squire ignoring the small scratch on the outside of her thigh. She looked when another squire walked up and began to make fun of Shimoje. Jade growled quietly in her throat as to not draw attention to herself. Rolling her eyes when the man walked away Jade turned back to Shimoje not looking to the other squire as of yet.

"Don't try a move that you are uncertain of. In a real battle you would have lost an appendage or your head with such an open defense. Don't hold the blade against your wrist. You waste time having to flip your blade around. Speed will be your enemy if you don't have the knowledge and experience with your weapons," Jade said watching him.

The blond's hair blew behind her as she watched the bald headed man get up. She smirked and popped her neck slowly starting to circle him. Her blood was singing in her veins watching him get up. Jade wanted to fight him at his best not at his worst. If him getting mad is what it means then so be it, she will make him as mad as possible. She danced backwards some before running forward faking him out and stabbing him in the bend of the knee knocking him almost completely to the ground.

"Know where the body is weak. Watch your opponents armor, under the arms, around the neck, and the back of the knees are your open points that will land a crippling blow," Jade said looking down at him while backing up some still studying his movements.

Jade used the time for him to get up to look at the new man. He was tall, blonde and seemed to be more coordinated if a little slow with his movements. At least that is her assumption hearing his training partner yell at him to move his legs better.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Shimoje on May 1st, 2016, 10:42 pm

oocThis post was made with explicit permission from said PCs and collaborated upon OOC – no godmodding occurred during this post. Note: Current NPCs are Yargul, Ceryl, Mona, Wade, and Zulkar. All can be found in the NPC list

Ceryn walked a few paces back and sat down on the ground placing his feet in front of him. “No ways am I going to be killed from a bald headeds lack of discipline!” he grumbled while throwing a few stones towards Shimoje. For some reason Ceryn was in a very bad mood, and he had all the rights to be with his friend gone missing and potentially dead. Shimoje looked at him with anger at the attempt to throw a few stones his way. “Stop it.” He simply said.

“Oh, whats wrong, boy. Can’t take a few pelts from a stone?” Ceryn replied mimicking Shimoje’s voice. Getting red in the face Shimoje tried to ignore the attempts to anger him. His blood was getting hot, and he was going to direct this anger towards Jade. With a rather loud yell that sounds almost blood curdling he approached for the attack. Shimoje with wooden knife in hand rotated it so that the blade pointed forward rather than hiding behind his wrist like he had attempted previously. His fist clutched upon it’s hilt with a strength of anger and fury.

He thought in his mind where the body was notoriously weak. From the plummets before he knew that perhaps the wrists, back of knees, around the neck, and under the arms were weak thanks to Jade. Though, how would he manipulate such to grant an attack?

He headed towards Jade who responded with her defense. With a slide to an opening he quickly used the knife and hand as a vantage point to pounce his body upward from the slide and attempted a slash at Jade’s knee but fell short. His attack was far too clumsy, but he quickly got to his feet and readied his wood blade once more. As Shimoje was locked in the virtues of battle he saw yet another attempt he could try, sweat dripping once again. His breath was erratic and with a great swing of his arm he slashed towards her arm which held the blade. The slash seemed to make his fingers tingle from the sheer force put behind it.

Jade readied her blade and countered the attack with the clashing of wood. Shimoje’s firm grip was quickly knocked loose and he dropped the blade as it was flung away from him from the encounter. Shimoje quickly got frustrated in his encounter and did the unexpected. He went and tackled Jade at the knees instead – pushing his shoulders into her shins and wrapping his arms around. Jade fell to the ground in the surprise and Shimoje wryly replied with a chuckle. He didn’t think that would work. He scrambled to his feet in the process trying to avoid a fight he would most likely lose without a weapon.

Returning back to where his wooden dagger lay on the ground he picked it up hastily. By this time Jade most likely had already gotten back up but Shimoje was distracted. A group of knights and various squires had approached the pits. Shimoje wondered what sort of thing would warrant such a gathering of knights.

“Shykes, what the heck! Squire eater…” Ceryl had exclaimed as getting up to his feet. The group seemed to be headed towards Ferrin.

“Ferrin Al’Mandrikan.” Said the female knight who almost demanded the scene to be hers. “Calm down, Mona. Let’s not make such a scene” another knight in their presence had said calmly. “Shut up Wade, this is of importance, and the fate of a fellow knight and citizen depends on us.” Mona Reeves replied with a fair amount of authority in her voice. “Ferrin, we are planning a search for mid-day. I assume you will bring Shimoje with, again?” She asked as scanning around the pits. Her face almost fell in disappointment when her eyes finally spotted the bald headed Zeltivian. “You are more scrawny than what was reported, Shimoje. I thought you to be responsible for killing a group of bandits and a wolf. But judging by you, you can’t even beat this girl here in single combat!” Mona said as she looked towards Jade. “Well don’t let us stop you, let us see what you got, Shimoje.” Mona stood there with her arms crossed. The group of three knights and three squires stood there in anticipation of the fight.

“I killed those bandits with a previously set trap!” Shimoje whined towards the group. A red headed knight responded likewise “Zulkar thinks this boy battles with brain, not brawn.” He laughed as sizing Shimoje up. “though Zulkar would like to see boy beaten by girl.”

The thoughts simply angered Shimoje once more. Now, he had added pressure in battle. Everyone was there. Ferrin, Ceryl, Jade, Collin (though the group didn’t know his name), Zulkar, Mona, and Wade. All knew of battle far more than Shimoje, assumingly. Now came the time that he must take up his wooden dagger and prove that he could at least attempt to defend himself.

With a fury like no other Shimoje charged towards Jade once more. Her defenses standing at an attempt to catch Shimoje in his assault.

With a quick swipe of the wooden blade Shimoje once more attempted to meet blade with blade. Jade responded with her own thrashing, and soon the two would be exchanging hit for hit on blade. The attention brought passerby to stand and watch as well, and soon enough a circle had encompassed the battle. The two knights that were locked in battle earlier were also there.

A few yells and taunts was heard from the large mass of people, to include a few here and there shouting for each person they thought would win. One-person unknown even tried to make a betting with a few others in the group as to who would win. Surprisingly the votes were in the girl’s favor. A rather loud yell from the group of people was heard from an onlooker “Welsh, Gets on wid it!”

Shimoje was growing tired of meeting blade to blade and attempted his hand once again for a rather surprising attack which he had seen the knights before use. He spun his body around, leaving his arm extended and hoped it would make contact to Jade’s side.

oocPlease note that every NPC listed is able to be used by every poster, with the exception of Yargul which I would like to responsible for. The next post from Jade will end the fight, and be discussed OOC. The scene will then take for the group to head back out to the Bronze Woods. The knights carry provisioning and weapons enough to supply the search for the group. Please also note that upon arrival to the scene Yargul and Ser Xervos will be tied up. The scene will be set on my next post. Expect something there to be lore enough to keep us occupied for a while!

test

test
Shimoje
Scientist

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ferrin Al'Mandrikan on May 2nd, 2016, 1:25 pm

Timestamp // Location

Cerynseemed to be upset. Probably as much as Ferrin was. He couldn't not stop thinking about his patron, uncle. Ser Xervos. Ser Exavier Xervos Al'Mandrikan. Why was his name so long, Ferrin did not know. All he knew was that he'd needed to get his uncle back. He needed his uncle. Ser Xervos was of the closest family he has now. There's no time to contact his parents in Kenash. Especially even by flying. Taking route to Kenash from Syliras is literally riding across the world.

"Hey Ceryn. Yargul isn't the only one missing here. How about you take your attitude down a notch eh? I don't want things to get worse." Replied Ferrin sullenly as he relinquished a crossed look at the man. Ceryn grumbled in response, with his anger as high as it was, he even went to an extent to hurl a fee rocks at the bald headed foreigner. Whom, was only trying to get his learning taken care of. Ferrin was nearly outraged. He couldn't handle Ceryn and his abusive attitude.

Ceryn had also now, made things worse. They've worsened when Ferrin figured that they couldn't get any more worse. Of course, things can always get more worse? How can they not? Shimoje spoke up, a bit angered than usual and Ferrin stopped interceding with this confrontation. All the man said was for Ceryn to stop. Then again, the sourness of the man; he retorted back with a scoff of ignorance and a reply to only what seemed of a mimic of Shimoje.

"Hey, Ceryn. You petchin' arse. Shut it. Stop being such a shit head." Said Ferrin coldly. He had quite enough of this man's harsh behavior. It was almost inhuman. Ferrins patience was almost over his head with this man. He couldn't take it anymore. Ferrin wanted to draw his sword at Ceryn, but as he reached for the pommel. Shimoje had acted, and instead of going after Ceryn, he charged after Jade.

It almost all happened so fast, that Ferrin didn't know how to plan his next move(s). What was he supposed to do. Ceryn walked away and Jade and Shimoje were at the spar again. Shimoje was almost humiliating himself this time. Though, Ferrin can always recall his first training lessons with his father and some of his friends. The Kenashian took a few breathers and let his anger subside. It won't help to be mad at people, it'll just make things worse.

When Shimoje and Jade returned to their fighting session. Ferrin had lost himself once again on where Ser Xervos and Yargul could be. It was peculiar, to why he hadn't returned. Ferrin didn't know how many other bandits were out there. In those Woods, Ferrin hadn't seen so many of them gathered at once. It was surely odd. Then Ceryn spoke up and directed his attention at Shimoje. Squire eater? Really? Where are all of the Squires? Ferrin jumped and snapped back into reality as one of the Knights called his name. "Yes Sera Reeves?" Asked Ferrin as he stood straight and upright.

Their appeared to be a group of Knights. Ser Brock, Ser Maximus, Ser Verllin, and of course Sera Reeves. Ser Broc spoke in place of Reeves and interceded, Ferrin thought that he had done something out of the wrong. Ferrin almost flinched as Sera Reeves informed him on how the group would be going out to look for Ser Xervos and Yargul."Your going out to... look for him, er them?" Said Ferrin a bit shocked he coursed one of his through his curled black hair. It was a habit he'd bad when he was nervous.

Bring Shimoje with him? There could be a lot of things that go wrong with that, but the last time he'd brought Shimoje, the Zeltivan had saved his life with that trap that was set by those bandits. If Shimoje hadn't seen it at first, then either Ferrin or Ser Xervos would be dead already."He's good for spotting traps. If there was one of them set out there there must be more." Said Ferrin confidently.

Ferrin glanced at Sera Reeves of her criticism. It was harsh, but mainly true. Ferrin knew better than intercept a Knight. He didn't want things to get even worse than they already can be. Ferrin was really curious to why the Knights had confronted him. Was it because of the report he made yesterday? Maybe. But, why a group of them? It didn't make entire sense to the Kenashian, but he'd known better to not question a Knight. As it may be annoying. Ferrin had almost forgotten to count the three other squires that had came with the three Knights as well. That had counted for six, Ferrin hadn't known that this hunt would begin like this.

"Sera Reeves, it was true. Shimoje reconfigured the trap to make it set towards those bandits. They were the fools." Retorted Ferrin as he picked up his longbow and quiver to adjust them around his shoulders. "Are you guys on patrol right now?"Asked Ferrin slowly. He didn't know what to do, staring at Shimoje and Jade won't do him any good, he can't improve his short broadsword skills or even the longbow if he can't get things going his way."No, we on duty. No patrol."Replied Ser Broc with a smile over his face, Ferrin was quite unsure how all of these squires and Knights were off patrols, but on duty?

"Oh, alright. I would like to practice. Can I spar with one of you?" Asked Ferrin simply, he'd mostly referred to the squires as he knew that the Knights were very skilled in battle. Their was a Squire with a shield and a Lance beside Ser Brock. "I can spar with you Ferrin. For all we know you might need the practice." Said the squire with the Lance and shield. Sera Reeves had focused her attention on Shimoje and Jade. She appeared to be merely interest in Jade's combat, but Ferrin couldn't be so sure.

The squire who solemnly spoke to Ferrin spoke again. This time introducing himself as, "I am Squire Cameron Tamson. Pleased to meet you." Said the squire with a cold stare. Ferrin nodded."Squire Ferrin Al'Mandrikan. Nice to meet ya."Replied Ferrin.

"You should go get yourself a shield you'll need it." Ferrin nodded and lowered his things onto the ground once again. Training always makes sense to Ferrin. Practice is what makes it perfect. Mostly. The Kenashian then rushed over to the racks of shields and swords that were layed out. Ferrin found a large enough shield that fit his size and strapped it on. Instantly, the weight bore on him like he was carrying a rucksack full of large bricks and boulders. His arms were still sore. But, it didn't matter to Ferrin. All he knew was that he was getting proper training. And a sparring partner.

"Let's stand a but away from those two. Don't need any distraction, or something of the sort. Plus open space is always better." Squire Tamson nodded and Ser Broc and Ser Maximus appeared to have the need to spectate those two. As the two traversed to an open clearing. Ferrin could still see Shimoje and Jade dueling. It was a mistake as he looked, because of the fact that Cameron had slammed his shield onto Ferrin, which made him stumble a bit back. Ferrin moaned. "C'mon mate. You can do better." Said Cameron.

Ferrin swiped his shirt broadsword at the side of Cameron. Only hitting air as Cameron jumbed back and thrusted his Lance towards Ferrins chest. Ferrin managed a block with his shield, but the vibration reverberated through his body to his skull. Ser Broc and Ser Maximus stood there unimpressed. Ferrin thrusted his blade directly at Tamson. But, another dodge came into play. Ferrin was surprised, just almost though. He needed to come up with a tactic to distract Cameron. Somehow.

"My Speech."
"Your Speech."
"Thoughts."

Sig :

Ferrin Al'Mandrikan

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Jade Laken on May 2nd, 2016, 5:32 pm

Jade grunted slamming to the ground a small distance from Shimoje when he plowed himself into her legs. Though her style of fight was to seemingly dance around the ring the blonde was getting tired of him trying to out muscle her. If he wanted to throw his weight around she could do the same even if there was not as much on her side. Growling the girl scrambled to her feet and literally tackled him over away from his dagger. She stopped as sweat rolled down her tanned cheek seeing three knights and three squires. The woman spoke to Ferrin first then turned to Shimoje in turn. Jade used the distraction to create distance and drink from her water skin.

After a short talk with the woman Shimoje seemed even more determined to beat her. Popping her neck the blond used her quick feet from dance to keep a good distance between the two. She lunged forward several times stabbing her wooden dagger into his arms and legs. With the dagger starting to fall apart she growled and threw it at him using it to distract him. When it flew past the woman ran up and tackled him to the ground. She managed to get a hold of her real dagger and hold it to his throat.

"Always stay focused. When your anger takes over and your focus slips you die!" Jasmine growled and got up as the crowd went quiet looking at her.

She stood up and put her dagger back up before reaching down. No matter what happened during battle, Jade stood tall willing to show there was no hard feelings towards the man. He was learning Jade knew the pain of having to learn from some one better than yourself. It pushes the need to impress higher which causes mistakes. When he was up the blonde went to watch Ferrin spar with his partner.
Jade Laken

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Next