OOC Info A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

For all Syka's OOC Chatter, Announcements, and Q&A.

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy role playing forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Syka is a new settlement of primarily humans on the east coast of Falyndar opposite of Riverfall on The Suvan Sea. [Syka Codex]

Moderator: Gossamer

A Profusion of Rum and Coconuts - Syka's OOC

Postby Karin on September 4th, 2017, 9:43 pm

I'm glad you nudged about this, Goss!

As it so happens, I need to make Karin's permanent structure. If there are those that would like to gain some construction skills, and learn how to swim too, I have a thread planned. Karin is due to be cutting lumber and making a new building for herself and for her business this season. I would love it (and would appreciate it!) if there were any of you who wished to chip in and help. Karin can't pay you, but she can help you build your home if you wish it. We can all have a swimming session afterwards to cool off, and maybe a barbecue?? Let me know what you think. :) I'm a slow-ish poster but I would love to write with a group.

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Ashka on September 4th, 2017, 9:52 pm

I'll work on getting my writeup finished
Ashka
Spinning between two seas

Words: 114863
Joined roleplay: April 20th, 2017, 2:31 pm
Race: Human, Mixed
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Grader (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Ko'Lara on September 4th, 2017, 10:18 pm

Karin, my character Ko would love to help. She really needs the experience, she's not skilled at all in construction, but makes up for it in willingness to help....I hope. I'd love to assist anyhow if you're cool with it. :)

Ko'Lara
Heeding the call.

Words: 9993
Joined roleplay: August 31st, 2017, 5:01 am
Race: Konti
Character sheet
Journal

Postby Anibesa on September 4th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Karin
I'd love to have Ani help
She is only a novice in the construction skill, but she'd do her best to help out, in order to learn more for when it comes to building her own structure
Lethaefal-Svefra
Day Night
Eyes Blue Blue
Hair Auburn Black
Horns Green
Skin Fair and freckled Marble like, cool toned and shimmering
Anibesa
Svefra by Day, Letheafal by Night

Words: 164692
Joined roleplay: July 12th, 2017, 2:27 pm
Race: Ethaefal
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes

Postby Ashka on September 10th, 2017, 4:46 pm

Ashka actually does have a little Construction skill and tools to go with it. Might be fun.
Ashka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Gossamer on September 10th, 2017, 4:59 pm

I'm really glad you guys are willing to help each other. That's how this city should operate. Also the saw mill is up and running, I just need to post the location and the price list for the lumber it cuts. If you don't have the coin, you can figure out a way to barter for what you need. Just run any trades by me really fast. This is a small scale lumber production site so it would take a few days to cut up just one big tree... so think on that timeline not on say an actual saw mill like we'd have in modern times.

No one has turned in nominations for thread awards for last season. Are you guys not interested at all in nominating people? I am planning on putting up the seasonal information but it really helps to know if people wanted certain aspects or didn't care about other aspects etc. Ie. Big plots verses say weather conditions.

BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6357243
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Jaylani Rae on September 10th, 2017, 6:19 pm

I love this having our own locations for the land claims! I plan to have my submission up sometime this week.

Karin - I’d love to get Lani involved in helping build your permanent structure. Sounds like loads of fun. She does not have much in the way of construction skills, a little, but she is eager to learn and willing to help. :)

Goss - The sawmill sounds great, I’m excited to see the location once its up and use it as Lani slowly moves towards building her own permanent structure. I, personally, could not find where things to nominate people for are? There is nothing in last season’s calendar about that… Just the 50k word challenge for the season. If I just simply missed it though, I would like to read through the threads and vote for some. I love your seasonal themes and think that the big plots are something that really adds to the city’s appeal. I have always liked the idea of getting involved in a city plots and growing with a city, which is one of the main reasons I picked Syka to be Lani’s home.

Everyone else - Hi all! I’m excited for this season and look forward to writing with some if not all of you! :) I’m open for threads and my activity should be decent this season. I try to reply to collabs in 2-4 days, 2-7 during my more busy weeks. I do not yet have any big plans for the season, just sort of seeing where the writing takes me. So I’m willing to help anyone in what they would like to accomplish this season. Just hit me up, my inbox is always open :)

Jaylani Rae
Player

Words: 119464
Joined roleplay: June 30th, 2017, 2:54 am
Race: Mixed blood
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets

Postby Ashka on September 10th, 2017, 7:09 pm

I was under the impression that the Nominations thing was for Riverfall and the Sakel. Otherwise I'd have gone through and made nominations. :(
Ashka

Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Overlored (1)

Postby Jade Laken on September 10th, 2017, 9:28 pm

The sawmill sounds really cool Gossamer! I can't wait to see how it turns out. Also sorry about having a slow season with the event. Unfortunately I don't know if I ever actually got them posted on the site.

Karin - if you are still looking for hands, Jade is always ready to help even if she will hurt herself. But hey that just adds to the fun and accomplishment of the finished product right? Warning though she has no construction skill what so ever

Jaylani - welcome to the city Jay, Jade is rather new to the small city herself if you want to get together some time this season that would be great
Jade Laken
Even the most confident fall to fear

Words: 194195
Joined roleplay: September 12th, 2014, 2:03 pm
Race: Human, Drykas
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes

Postby Karin on September 10th, 2017, 10:37 pm

Well, I'm really grateful for all your volunteering! You are all a helpful bunch indeed. ;) I will try and put up a post tomorrow, I'll just leave it open so anyone can join if they desire. Any particular date preferred? I will put it somewhere at the start of the season, but I can change it to suit others if required.

As for the sawmill... I am hyped. Karin will most certainly be a regular there- she'd probably volunteer too, anything to get that lumber shifting faster haha.

Again, like the others said, I wasn't aware that we were voting in Syka too! I will definitely vote, if given the chance. :)

10/7/17- All my threads are marked [open] and as such are open to all. :)
Karin
Ocean gazing

Words: 384298
Joined roleplay: July 7th, 2015, 10:05 am
Race: Human, Svefra
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Artist (1) Overlored (1)

PreviousNext