Syliran Knights, Knighting Quests, And Volunteerism

(This is a thread from Mizahar's fantasy roleplay forums. Why don't you register today? This message is not shown when you are logged in. Come roleplay with us, it's fun!)

Feel free to post all your Mizahar related discussions here.

Postby Samuel Longwell on July 24th, 2016, 8:48 pm

I think it's a great idea that would greatly improve how Syliras is run, freeing up valuable ST time. I don't think I currently have the experience necessary to volunteer, but I hope enough people do step up to get this off the ground.
Last edited by Samuel Longwell on July 24th, 2016, 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Samuel Longwell
Warrior

Words: 219143
Joined roleplay: May 19th, 2016, 2:40 pm
Race: Human
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) Donor (1)

Postby Sayana on July 24th, 2016, 9:00 pm

For those curious about what Knighting Quests are like, below are two samples. I believe they are the only Syliras Knighting Quests, but if there are others, someone please correct me.

Markus's Knighting Quest (Completed)

Pycon Knighting Quest (Ball, Nivel - retired, Archaillist - inactive) Ongoing

I don't know the Ravok-equivalent threads.
Sayana
Dancing in the rain...

Words: 1543550
Joined roleplay: September 22nd, 2014, 12:38 am
Race: Eypharian
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 8
Featured Character (1) Featured Contributor (1)
Peer Reviewer (1) Overlored (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
Syliras Seasonal Challenge (1) Alvadas Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Orin Fenix on July 24th, 2016, 10:03 pm

Hi all. I know I just got back from a long hiatus but if you need more volunteers for this, I'd be happy to do it. I am a grader and I have experience with Syliras and the Knighthood (although obviously I'd brush up on that) so I feel confident I'd be able to help out on this one.

I do have a few questions, although I'm sure you've already given these some thought. Would other members of the Syliran team be allowed to take over if for whatever reason one of us was unable to complete a quest? If so, will the forum have a place for us to keep notes, even in broad strokes, on the ongoing quests so that a team member wouldn't be starting completely from scratch? Also, I assume similar rules to an ST finishing up an old quest line would apply here? Finally, is this going to be something that requires a baseline level of activity to remain a part of the team or is it going to be more similar to a grader situation where, if someone doesn't do something for a while, they still have the opportunity to pick it up at any time?
Orin Fenix
Almost Iron But Actually Master Chef

Words: 1186489
Joined roleplay: January 24th, 2015, 12:06 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Featured Character (1) Trailblazer (1)
Overlored (1)

Postby Clyde Sullins on July 24th, 2016, 10:29 pm

I do think this is a great idea, and hope that if there ends up being a Ebonstryfe and Knight team they could perhaps tie in these threads going on at the same time on the two sides, though without directly making the pc's oppose.

Since Sayana brought it up, here are some of the Ravok equivalent threads.

For Ravok there are really two sides to things, the military side(Ebonstryfe) and the religious side(Black Sun).

Both have their own rituals and trials one must pass to become a member, which are detailed in depth on their respective lore pages.

Usually for the Ebonstryfe there is a smaller trial to become an apprentice, and then the actual crucible thread where one is marked by Rhysol and becomes a full soldier of the Ebonstryfe, which would perhaps be the closest thing to a knighting quest.

I could only find my own, but I know Irriari and Sevris both passed one, but for the life of me I can't find their respective crucible threads. There might be others also but I know both of those had one. And I think technically Annalisa Marin passed the Black Sun test to become an acolyte, when she gained her second mark.

Clyde's crucible

edit: And Sayana found Sevris' crucible

And Irriari's incomplete crucible
Last edited by Clyde Sullins on July 25th, 2016, 12:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Clydes Stuff

I am actually in RL a super intelligent hamster from Rhode Island, with a 7 year plan to take over the world.

Update 6/2/18- 1:10AM EST: His 7 year plan a success, and several weeks ahead of schedule, Clyde leaves to oversee the world he has taken over.

No new threads after end of Spring 518-Will still be checking for PM's occasionally, but focusing on a new character.

Graders note: :
Please be aware Clyde is a master Magecrafter. He therefore should not be gaining full xp(or possibly shouldn't gain any at all) for simple tasks related to this magic, such as low level MC items, particularly for repetitions of creations he has done before. Feel free to contact me if unsure of a instance of his magic use compared to his skill level.
Clyde Sullins
Player

Words: 2343955
Joined roleplay: June 18th, 2011, 1:14 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 5
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
One Thousand Posts! (1) One Million Words! (1)
2012 Mizahar NaNo Winner (1)

Postby Gossamer on July 24th, 2016, 10:43 pm

Orin's Questions:

I do have a few questions, although I'm sure you've already given these some thought. Would other members of the Syliran team be allowed to take over if for whatever reason one of us was unable to complete a quest? If so, will the forum have a place for us to keep notes, even in broad strokes, on the ongoing quests so that a team member wouldn't be starting completely from scratch? Also, I assume similar rules to an ST finishing up an old quest line would apply here? Finally, is this going to be something that requires a baseline level of activity to remain a part of the team or is it going to be more similar to a grader situation where, if someone doesn't do something for a while, they still have the opportunity to pick it up at any time?

Yes, I think tag team taking over threads would be more than acceptable if people have to leave for a while or vanish... the goal is to get these knights and their quests finished.

I'll give you a subforum in Miz Discussion Forum for the Syliran Team.

You guys can decide your own rules. I won't boot anyone for activity, but if the crowd wants to vote someone off the island, I'll be fine with that.

Clyde's Input:

Since Ravok has an ST now, this could really evolve into an Ebonstryfe thing too.
BBC CodeHelp DeskStarting GuideSyka
Gossamer
Words reveal soul.

Words: 6356204
Joined roleplay: March 23rd, 2009, 4:40 pm
Blog: View Blog (24)
Race: Staff account
Office
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 11
Featured Contributor (1) Featured Thread (1)
Lore Master (1) Artist (1)
Trailblazer (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)
Hyperposter (1) One Million Words! (1)
Extreme Scrapbooker (1) Power Fork (1)

Postby Pulren Marsh on July 25th, 2016, 12:49 am

I volunteer to assist any team that helps long term player plots propel. I've been waiting on Oceanus a long time and long ago with Lu I had a similar wait with Zintila. My grading needs to pick up but if I can be considered and help this get off the ground, I am 100 percent on board for Syliras and Ravok.

Pulren Marsh
Your favorite Uncle

Words: 503518
Joined roleplay: March 22nd, 2014, 3:33 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Yisanareysin on July 26th, 2016, 12:54 am

I'd be happy to help as well. Watching quests get started and dropped repeatedly over the years has always been a painful experience, and this seems like a good way to sort that problem out.
ImageImageImage
Yisanareysin
Sneaky Snake Spy Extraordinaire

Words: 314458
Joined roleplay: June 8th, 2014, 7:40 am
Race: Dhani
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Journal
Plotnotes
Medals: 1
Overlored (1)

Postby Aladari Coolwater on July 26th, 2016, 3:28 am

I don't know if I would quite yet qualify, as my post count is not nearly as high as some of the other volunteers, but I am an active grader, and would love to volunteer if I am eligible. These quests are very exciting to read (when they do go through) and I believe they would be a lot of fun to create with a character.

I would also be more than happy to join an Ebonstryfe or other away-team, as it may be, if there is a need for those folks.
"The sea always filled her with longing, though for what she was never sure."
- Cornelia Funke
Aladari Coolwater
Rock the boat.

Words: 267621
Joined roleplay: March 8th, 2016, 3:26 am
Race: Human, Vantha
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Plotnotes
Medals: 3
Overlored (1) Donor (1)
Sunberth Seasonal Challenge (1)

Postby Dove Brown on July 26th, 2016, 8:46 am

Dove Brown wrote:Maybe. Let me think about it and get back to you.

I'm afraid the answer from me is going to have to be a No. Looking at my schedule, I'm not going to consistently have the time, and I'm not going to take on another commitment when my activity levels are so erratic.
Very busy at work. May not be around much for a while.
Threads: 3/3

Dove Brown
Keeping my head, my backbone, and my heart

Words: 181194
Joined roleplay: July 30th, 2015, 9:36 pm
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Scrapbook
Medals: 4
Featured Character (1) Mizahar Mentor (1)
Mizahar Grader (1) Overlored (1)

Postby Garland on July 26th, 2016, 12:48 pm

I would like to volunteer eventually. I'm planning on retaking the grader test when the 60 day cool-down is done.

I would love to see this off the ground, and help with any way I can. Can people outside the Syliran Team give like suggestions for quests or plots? Of course I doubt there'd be a shortage of stories and ideas, but I think at least giving ideas would be okay.
Garland
A Father First, A Squire Second

Words: 687461
Joined roleplay: August 24th, 2014, 2:02 am
Character sheet
Storyteller secrets
Medals: 2
Overlored (1) One Thousand Posts! (1)

PreviousNext